PDA

View Full Version : When will you be happy with your length and condition?

Xan
August 25th, 2017, 09:54 PM
I have almost classic and want longer but how much do you guys trim and how often? (my ends are a little ratty) I have trimmed some over the years just not that much. I would love super long hair it is hard for me with well water and all. Wish everyone else much length and thickness.:)

Sarahlabyrinth
August 25th, 2017, 10:00 PM
Looking forward to trimming to improve my ends too. I think I will be reasonably happy at knee, at least for a while (it is a remarkable length IRL, after all, if not at LHC). We have well water here too, which my hair doesn't like. I look forward to getting to France where the water is lovely and soft and I don't need to do vinegar rinses :)

I haven't trimmed at all this year, and won't until next year, when I will return to micro trimming, either every month or every three months, I haven't yet decided. Thanks for the thickness wishes, I accept them gladly :)

Edited to add: I am already happy with the health of my hair, so that's good :D

Deborah
August 25th, 2017, 10:20 PM
I'm happy with my length and condition today. I have always worn long hair, and have learned much about haircare from LHC. I never had bad hair, but I have eliminated split ends altogether (Yay!) My hair is at my waist right now, but I am not married to any particular length of long. I have never wanted the super lengths some of our members have. I could never be bothered to trim monthly or on any schedule really. I'll just suddenly feel that I want some gone, so I'll cut it myself or get a friend to do it for me. I might cut 4 inches or I might cut 14 inches, and then I'm happy at that length. I range from lower BSL to a little below TBL, with no desire to go longer or shorter than either of those. My hair grows quite fast and is completely natural and I'm happy with those things too.

I think maybe my attitude towards my hair is a little more mellow than most who write on the list, so I suppose my advice will probably reflect that.

LadyCelestina
August 25th, 2017, 10:38 PM
Condition: when I grow out my dye and my hair is all virgin, or when the virgin hair is the majority of my hair.

Length: I'm aiming for around butt length (meaning anywhere from hip+ to classic or slightly longer) unstretched. I probably wouldn't like longer on myself, but I don't know which lenght I'll enjoy the most :)

divinedobbie
August 25th, 2017, 10:39 PM
I'll be "truly" at my happiest with my hair when it is around hip, blunt hemline, minor taper, and all virgin... aka we have a very long road ahead of us :eek:

Krissycats
August 25th, 2017, 10:42 PM
I'm trying for waist length. I'm trying to keep it in good condition, but I still want to cover the grays.

Simsy
August 25th, 2017, 11:01 PM
Truthfully, I have never been really unhappy with my hair. It annoys me no end some weeks but that's more the curl playing up. My hair was always more something that needed to be dealt with so I just dealt. The goal was to make it easier to deal with, which is why I'm growing it long. At the length it is now, I don't have to do much to it to keep it tidy and restrained, so I'm happy.

Dendra
August 26th, 2017, 02:54 AM
When the dye has grown out and my hair's all virgin, and when my fringe has grown out to at least my shoulders. I'll have much less damage and split ends this way. I will microtrim and do chops of up to three inches to steadily remove the dye.

My goal is terminal but just because I'm interested in a) a challenge and b) to know where that is. I have no idea what lengths my hair will still look healthy and strong at. I won't grow past that point just for length's sake.

Salwety
August 26th, 2017, 03:49 AM
Two years ago, me being happy with my hair was when all the permanent straightened hair was cut off, and I can maintain my curly hair in its natural state, and going through different products and routines in order to achieve it.
Now as my old goals are achieved, my new 'will be happy at' point is: when my hair is BSL curly, which might be HL straight, and the upper layer of my hair is in good condition, as it is the part that is always exposed to damaging factors. This might take another 3 or 4 years. But I am satisfied with what I achieved till now.

lucid
August 26th, 2017, 04:31 AM
I am almost happy with my length now. I will be happy with the condition once my highlights grow out, so 4-5 years...

Ulessa
August 26th, 2017, 04:58 AM
I'll be happy with my hair when it's long enough for me to look like I belong in a fairytale book :p, but this will probably be around tailbone-classic length, and I'm around BSL.

As for condition, I bleached my naturally black hair at home until it was grey, which I'm constantly dying black because it keeps fading to brown, so I'm hoping I'll get to a point where it will eventually be all virgin hair. At the moment though I'll have to deal with it, because I'd rather have it be damaged then have it short again.

embee
August 26th, 2017, 05:16 AM
I am happy now. It's hip/classic, fairytale ends, easy to put up, easy to care for. This was what I wanted.

Of course I also wished for princess or fairygodmother hair to the floor, wavy silver, but that's not me, not my hair, never going to be.

Like dreaming of a Lamborghini but being delighted with a Honda. ;) Try to stay in the Real World!

diddiedaisy
August 26th, 2017, 05:48 AM
Length wise I'll probably be happy in about two or three inches. I'm one inch from waist stretched and would like to waist natural. I'll be keeping it somewhere between waist and hip, I don't want super long hair.

Health wise, I need to trim thin ends off from hair loss but I don't think I'll ever be back to the thickness I had prior. So I just need to learn to work with what I've got. :)

lapushka
August 26th, 2017, 07:28 AM
I'm happy with my length and condition today. I have always worn long hair, and have learned much about haircare from LHC. I never had bad hair, but I have eliminated split ends altogether (Yay!) My hair is at my waist right now, but I am not married to any particular length of long. I have never wanted the super lengths some of our members have. I could never be bothered to trim monthly or on any schedule really. I'll just suddenly feel that I want some gone, so I'll cut it myself or get a friend to do it for me. I might cut 4 inches or I might cut 14 inches, and then I'm happy at that length. I range from lower BSL to a little below TBL, with no desire to go longer or shorter than either of those. My hair grows quite fast and is completely natural and I'm happy with those things too.

I think maybe my attitude towards my hair is a little more mellow than most who write on the list, so I suppose my advice will probably reflect that.

Same for me. I am happy now. It's gotten to TBL and the rest of the length I gain until classic is just great but I could be content with TBL.

Stray_mind
August 26th, 2017, 07:42 AM
When my hair is at least hip lenght and i have grown out all the layers.

draysmir
August 26th, 2017, 08:14 AM
I have almost classic and want longer but how much do you guys trim and how often? (my ends are a little ratty) I have trimmed some over the years just not that much. I would love super long hair it is hard for me with well water and all. Wish everyone else much length and thickness.:)

Healthwise, I think I will be happy with my hair once it is all one length (blunt hemline). Most of the damage (white dots + splits) I have is on the shorter front sections of my hair that don't reach my hemline yet so that will take at LEAST another year or two to grow out I'm guessing. I think I would need to cut up to waist right now to have a proper one length hemline, but I like my length too much to cut off almost a whole milestones length right now!

I didn't start trimming regularly until this year, since I didn't really have any damage/too much taper with infrequent trimming until it started to reach MBL (I was MBL a bit over a year ago now). I started with 1/2" every three months, but I changed it to only trimming 1/4" every three months now, which I am happy with so far. I expect I will up my trimming or maintain for a bit before I can reach my goal length, I haven't had hair this long before so I'm not sure how much taper I will get in my further lengths with the amount of trimming I'm doing right now.

In terms of length, my goal is to have classic hair. I'm actually almost at the length I originally "thought" I wanted to be (LHC totally proved me wrong :p), but I am definitely not content with this length right now, so longer we go! I find as my hair is getting longer I'm slowly become more happy with it, but I definitely do feel impatient with my hair growth sometimes. Once I am classic length, I might decide to grow longer, but that depends on my terminal hair length and how manageable it is for me at that length. I've considered FTL or mid-thigh length, but we shall see once I get there. :D

@embee I love your point of view! I think I would naturally see an unaccomplished hair goal as a failed goal, but you are so right with trying to acknowledge and appreciate what you do have! I think a lot of us on here underestimate how great our hair really is sometimes

unheardletters
August 26th, 2017, 09:59 AM
For my hair condition I'd be happy to not have split ends. I always find hundreds everytime I s&d, which is almost daily.

For my hair length, I've got a long way to go yet, but I will start feeling happy with it when updo's will stay up, hip length or longer. My plan is to grow out to hip length stretched, BSL curly, and maintain until my layers are gone, about two years. And then I'll continue to grow to FTL straight, about TBL curly. It should be BSL curly around April 2019, hip should be June 2019 if I do not trim.

truepeacenik
August 26th, 2017, 10:11 AM
I'm happy now, but letting it go as it wishes.
I want knee, calf and "how far can it go?"
I'm happy with almost knee.

ErinEM
August 26th, 2017, 11:56 AM
Not happy with my hair today. The braid looks feeble at the end, and I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to go much longer without trimming significantly. It has been about six months since I trimmed almost three inches off, and that length has just grown back (and a bit extra).

Usually I'm okay with my hair. Not thrilled, but not as discouraged as today. I think I would prefer it thicker and wavier, but we only get what we get, and I guess we have to make the most of it. =\

Oh well.

H o n є y ❤
August 26th, 2017, 12:10 PM
I think I will be happy when all of it hits BSL, although my ultimate goal is waist+. I don't really have a trimming schedule. I just do it when I feel I need it.

Cg
August 26th, 2017, 12:41 PM
I'm happy with both length (tailbone) and condition (thanks, LHC), but I intend to find out how long my hair will grow while keeping my blunt hemline. I microtrim every 6 weeks to maintain a perfect straight hem.

embee
August 26th, 2017, 01:29 PM
@embee I love your point of view! I think I would naturally see an unaccomplished hair goal as a failed goal, but you are so right with trying to acknowledge and appreciate what you do have! I think a lot of us on here underestimate how great our hair really is sometimes

Thanks. Unrealistic dreaming and wishing is a highway to the blues, I know that road. Not much I can do about my genes! :D "I yam what I yam"

Xan
August 26th, 2017, 01:57 PM
Thanks everyone I am pretty happy with the length so far and it will get longer. I guess the condition could be better, maybe I need a better water softner and a small trim :)

Zesty
August 26th, 2017, 03:47 PM
I'm happy now. My goal is classic with a fuller hemline (a year or two of microtrims is what I'm imagining). But it's nice to know that if I ever become unhappy with my hair, I can cut back to this length.

I started being really happy with my hair around hip, I think. And have been getting more pleased with added length. Basically when I reach the end of that trend is when I'll stop growing.

Corvana
August 26th, 2017, 05:09 PM
Gosh, I don't know. My hair's condition right now is wonderful, so I'm happy with that!

But length is trickier for me. I think I want hip+, but I've never been that long, and haven't been close with good hair care and a wealth of styling options. So this will all be new to me, really. I'll know when I get there, I suppose.

But my current goal, outside of length, is to be able to make fairly full double buns. I've always loved wearing double buns, but have always felt that they could be much thicker and more full. Probably due to seeing people with extensions to fill theirs out. But I also know that more length can get me there, so that's my general goal!

melesine
August 26th, 2017, 05:23 PM
I'm happy with my current condition but I'm not done growing my length back out since my chop.

Ghaliya
August 26th, 2017, 06:15 PM
I think I'll be happy at classic (unstretched). I'm at waist, almost hip when straight....but I'm scissor obsessed. I hate when my ends get thin....so it seems like I'm never gonna get there lol. I think this time I'm gonna vow not to cut my hair! I think product buildup was also fooling me into thinking my ends were thinner than they were. (Ughhh).

Dark40
August 26th, 2017, 07:41 PM
I'm happy with my length now but I really want it super long like to my ankles. I am very happy with the condition of my hair. I don't get any split ends at all. I only have to trim once or twice a year. That's because I keep my hair well-conditioned and moisturized.

HeartofHaleth
August 26th, 2017, 07:58 PM
Similar to Zesty above, I really started enjoying my length when I hit hip, and I'll stop growing when the steady increase in happiness changes direction. I'm too impatient to trim (much) as I go, but I do want to get rid of old layers that have combined with breakage and natural taper into an even thinning over the last several inches of my hair. I would dearly love to reach Classic before I'm 20 (barely over a year left to get there though, I probably won't make it), so my plan is to grow with minimal trimming to Classic and then camp out there for a little bit...If I can resist the siren song of mid-thigh....FTL is about half an inch past Classic on me, so that's not really a concern :p

Magalo
August 26th, 2017, 08:20 PM
I'm at TBL now with a moderate amount of taper and virgin hair down to my ears. The rest was bleached and dyed with henna for years.

I'll be happy at the same length with a thicker hemline and 1/2 to 2/3 of my hair being virgin. :)

VersLaLumière
August 27th, 2017, 01:06 AM
I'm happy with the condition. I'll be really happy when I get to MBL (almost there now) and really REALLY happy when I reach waist for the first time in ten years :D

Synester
August 27th, 2017, 01:24 AM
When I reach classic and gain back my thickness that my hairloss has caused me, and not being able to see my scalp anymore. Makes me want to give up and shave it all off sometimes.

sanguinebread
August 27th, 2017, 02:28 AM
I'm happy with my hair now and have been since I got out of the awkward buzz cut-induced layers around BSL, although I started really enjoying it when it hit a little above hip curly. (I have a good 6-12 inches of stretch depending on how it dries, so that was around BCL.)

That said, my goal for length is knee in braids; I don't know if my hair can actually grow that long, though, or if I'll like it that long over time. I plan to find out, though!

In terms of condition, I have a very obvious taper point where I made some major care changes - my braid abruptly goes from two inches wide to half that. I'd like to grow that point out.

I don't trim at all right now. I don't wear my hair in ways that show off my hemline anyway, and there should be plenty of time to trim once I'm not growing it out anymore.

hayheadsbird
August 27th, 2017, 05:38 AM
I'm happy with the length and condition as it is. I'll be happier when it's longer though!

Salwety
August 27th, 2017, 06:20 AM
Sunguinebread Those seem to be like my goals and texture too. I am interested to know about your journey.

spidermom
August 27th, 2017, 08:50 AM
I'm happy with the length and condition right now. Collarbone-length hair is so easy!

sanguinebread
August 27th, 2017, 09:59 AM
Sunguinebread Those seem to be like my goals and texture too. I am interested to know about your journey.

Is there anything in particular you're curious about?

For a long time I thought my goal was Classic, but now that I'm close I've realized that my hair texture doesn't look anywhere near that long, particularly since I mostly show off length in braids.

As I was growing out of buzzed hair I felt really awkward about the layers; I actually covered my hair almost all of the time for a couple of years, which was partially because of other personal stuff but the way it looked was more of a factor than I wanted to admit at the time. I think that might be the cause of the taper point; covering hair doesn't necessarily damage it, but I was doing things like putting it up wet and leaving a headscarf on all day so it wouldn't dry for more than a day at a time, which was not necessarily the brightest of moves. I eventually heard an anecdote from someone about hair molding after being covered wet, which scared me out of doing it again.

I was a lot happier with my hair once it was long enough that the layers looked semi-intentional. At this point they're fairly invisible with the texture.

Gillian1978
August 27th, 2017, 10:14 AM
I will be happy when my short bob is at least shoulder length , then I can see long hair in sight! I'm aiming for BSL or maybe a bit longer. I'm very happy with condition ATM as all my bleach damage is gone!

yamsha23
August 27th, 2017, 11:58 AM
Ill be truly happy when my hair is longer than it has ever been before. I think it will take me about 6 months, maybe a year if I trim a little :cool:

2gaits
August 27th, 2017, 12:21 PM
Well...I have a long road to grow to a happy length and virgin color. I'm shoulder length with two months natural color. I think I want to grow it all to a blunt length, including bangs and all the current layers. Dealing with overgrown bangs, layers that won't cooperate in an updo. Oh and thinking of not coloring again which means I have to live with brassy faded length. Maybe in a year it will be better and I'll be happier with it.

ravenheather
August 27th, 2017, 03:24 PM
I will be happy with tailbone ish hair, but will continue to let it grow if it wants to.

Arciela
August 27th, 2017, 04:24 PM
Currently my hair is tail bone length..which I wanted, anything longer is a bonus I guess..however, I won't be happy until my hair is all virgin again, and its only 2" virgin so far lol got a ways to go.

leayellena
August 28th, 2017, 07:17 AM
When I will discover what my hair likes and stick to it without exception.

dollhair
August 28th, 2017, 07:30 AM
I will be happy with my hair when I've grown out all my layers, have a thicker hemline and when I'm at classic with virgin hair. I'm not far off classic now but I will be a few years away from growing out layers and dye :( Oh well I'm enjoying the journey and being apart of the LHC so it isn't all bad! I'm fairly happy with the condition of my hair as long as I use a coney conditioner lol. If I don't use cones the tangles arise.

SnowDancer
August 28th, 2017, 07:39 AM
TBL with even hem and virgin hair.

MusicalSpoons
August 28th, 2017, 08:25 AM
Interesting thread. I know that my goal is knee+, though right now it's about a month away from FTL and I'm several inches past the previous 'longest it's ever been' (every year I used to have to cut off 6" of damage just from sub-LHC standard care; I wasn't particularly horrible to my hair!) so I will enjoy when I hit FTL.

Condition-wise, hmm. I want to find out what's best for my hair so it's the healthiest it can be. At the moment I'm not using cones or sulphates (though finding out what my scalp actually wants is an altogether different issue - I found the perfect shampoo for my hair earlier this year but my scalp hated it, to the point of me scratching until it bled) and my hair has more texture than I ever knew was possible. It means it holds better in buns, but I also think it might not be helping because it tangles more easily than before. When I routinely used a coney conditioner, I could even sleep with it loose and it barely tangled, but also when I used that conditioner (buildup? not sure, I was still using sulphates) the ends became ratty fairly quickly --> more trimming --> losing length :doh:

I have found that some products moisturise my hair amazingly, but when it's all lovely and silky it's too slippery to do anything with. The only way then to get any style to hold for even half a day is to have it ridiculously tight, but when my hair is tight against my scalp it gets greasy a lot quicker, so ... :shrug: It's also why I sleep with it loose, because I don't move when asleep so one side of my head gets greasy much quicker, but when I'm trying to get to sleep or to wake up I move a lot (it takes 45 mins from first waking to be sufficiently alert and co-ordinated to actually be able to get up). I just don't know what to do! Maybe I should ponytail it out of the top of my head with a silk scarf or something.

ANYway! Sorry for the long ramble, but all the above is why I will be happy once I finally work out what actually, consistently works. :roll:

pili
August 28th, 2017, 07:33 PM
Length: I want my hair to be long enough to have a TBL braid. I'm not sure how long that would be loose. I also want it blunt, with a U-shaped hemline.

Condition: I want it all virgin. I did a big chop last year, and it got almost all my bleach damage out. However, there are still a few pieces here and there. Once I start micro trimming the layers out, I'll be able to get rid of them.

DoomKitty
August 28th, 2017, 09:38 PM
My current goal is waist, but I also want to grow out the bleach so I'll be happy when I'm at waist with the bleached length grown out, which goes to condition as well I guess.

Jo Ann
August 28th, 2017, 09:52 PM
I'm happy with the condition of my hair now! It doesn't look like I just stepped off my broom any more--it's virgin, healthy, soft, shiny, pretty much frizz-free, and a pleasure to take care of :face:

The length, though, will take a bit more time. I want to thicken my hemline some (goodbye, fairytale ends!) and have the thickness travel down more, so I see some trims in my future. Like my siggy says, "baby steps"!

Ghaliya
August 28th, 2017, 10:35 PM
When I reach classic and gain back my thickness that my hairloss has caused me, and not being able to see my scalp anymore. Makes me want to give up and shave it all off sometimes.

Totally know the feeling...but stay positive. I know how discouraging/depressing it can be. It would be the only thing I could think about. Have you tried castor oil? It worked wonders for my hair loss. I used Jamaican black castor oil, but have heard the regular stuff works too. Diluted of course (it's super viscous) in a carrier oil of choice. Good luck!

tseh
August 29th, 2017, 01:03 AM
Think I'll be happy with hip length all virgin hair. Takes some time, now near waist length with bleach in the ends.

Chocowalnut
August 29th, 2017, 03:06 AM
I will be happy when I have waist length healthy hair. That's the minimum for me. After that will be icing on the cake

Nique1202
August 29th, 2017, 04:09 AM
I still don't know when I'll be happiest. I know that right now, my hair is just starting to feel like it's approaching perfect at nearly-classic. But I have no idea what the classic-to-knee space will bring. I might love it more every day, I might get annoyed with sitting on it, I might find a length at which it is no longer comfortable to comb. I think I'll end up hovering between classic and fingertip in the end, but who knows, I might settle in happily at knee after all if I can get there. You don't know until you try.

Nightamin
August 29th, 2017, 04:28 AM
I was happy with it once I reached tailbone. Now it's on its way down to classic but I recently had a hair blunder that involved Sun-In and my face framing/top layers. :( I was satisfied with its condition prior to that, but now I'm in the process of trimming out the gummy bits of these layers.. The length of my hair is still healthy, thankfully. Needless to say that I've learnt my lesson.

school of fish
August 29th, 2017, 05:59 AM
I've actually been thinking about the question since it was posted. I'm not sure of my answer...

I'm very happy that I reached my goal of TBL.

I'm happy with the layers I've managed to grow out so far, although they're just a bit past waist so I have a ways to go yet.

I'm satisfied with the condition of my hair given the damage I've had to microtrim out, but most of the remaining damage is up in the last 6" or so of length, so that growout still has some time ahead of it.

I'm happy with the colour I get from henna but I'm annoyed by how often I have to maintain it.

I'm pleased by the new wavy texture I've got growing in since my 2nd baby but it's changing the way my hair looks and behaves, and I'm not so happy that I now have added years of growing out to a new texture.

I love my hair, and I love the progress I've made so far in rehabbing it from damaged layered to healthy blunt, and I actively cultivate a feeling of gratitude for what I have... but I'm not sure I'll ever completely shake the feeling that I have something more to work for.

I guess the most accurate thing I way I could put it is that I always feel grateful for what I have, even if I never quite feel I've arrived at where I'm going That way if my journey gets cut short for any reason, I can't regret not enjoying what I had when I had it :) :)

ReadingRenee
August 29th, 2017, 07:54 AM
I will be happy when all my dye is finally grown and cut out and my hair is back to virgin state. As for length, I think I will be happy with it once it reaches waist. That is a long journey though as at least half my hair is dye and its a few inches above BSL.

lithostoic
August 29th, 2017, 08:27 AM
Length I'm happy with, condition has about a year and a half. Bleach damage sucks.

floridaorchid
August 29th, 2017, 10:53 AM
I'm not really sure, my ideal length changes to longer and longer it seems. At first it was only hip, then knee, and now mid-calf or ankle length. I guess I just want really long and healthy hair. As of right now, most of the bleach and dye damage has been chopped out of my hair, so the condition is really good. Which is a big source of hair happiness for me! :)

Rebeccalaurenxx
August 29th, 2017, 10:59 AM
Length, I'm happy with but I'm not at the same time. It's a length I like but it's visually so SHORT. I have layers that need to catch up, what others call a natural taper. But I think it looks terrible. I want a completely even hemline, so I trim regularly. Eventually I'll be Waist and I'll
Be happy but I won't really be 100% happy until every single strand is at waist. Which I figure will take me another year to accomplish.

LizzyGrant
August 31st, 2017, 08:01 AM
I think I'll be happy with hip+ length hair. To me that's feels like the first length that is not so "common" even though it's not super long. I've always had my hair around BSL-MBL-Waist so those lengths don't feel very long to me.
Condition is fine but I think I'll be happier when my hair has completely recovered from a terrible shed I had. Right now most of my thickness is around APL-BSL.

raemarthe
August 31st, 2017, 10:41 AM
I would love my hair to be damage free and without layers and at least WL.

Alissalocks
September 1st, 2017, 06:59 AM
I spent about 10'years at a false terminal of BSL due to poor habits pre LHC so I haven't started feeling like my hair was long until the past summer when I hit waist. But I'm hoping to see classic or FTL someday if my hair can grow that long. I need to keep growing out the layers, my hair is dreadfully thin but I love it and accept it, but a stronger hemline (even if tapered) would be great to have.

I love my black hair (w blue or green or purple undertones) but it's a lot of work to keep up with due to my grey roots. I tell myself it's good hobby though. And fairly inexpensive since I do it all myself. (But time consuming, on coloring days I sit with it on my head for 4-8 hours). Someday I'll cut it all off, and grow out the grey but I'm not there yet.

I trim about one inch off every 6-8 months right now, which is more about strengthening my thin ends than removing damage. I see very little damage when I S&D, about every 3-6 months which is totally different thanks to oiling regularly and other good LHC style habits.

solocricket
September 1st, 2017, 10:57 AM
I'm pretty happy! My hair is just past APL right now, and since I've always had short-ish hair (always, always hovering around shoulder), this is starting to feel long to me. My goal is still WL, but at least my hair doesn't feel short to me anymore. Damage wise, I haven't had a trim since last November, but I don't see too many splits. I'll probably trim again in the winter at some point.

marvel-lover
September 1st, 2017, 11:06 AM
I think I'll probably start being happy with my hair length around hip. My goal keeps changing around from hip to classic to TBL and who knows where I'll stop at. However, I'm fairly happy with the condition of my hair.

longmane
October 20th, 2017, 11:10 PM
I use to think I would be happy when it reaches waist length but now I'm looking forward to hip length. The curls take up a lot of the length so it would probably be around BSL curly.

Crystawni
October 21st, 2017, 12:31 AM
:shrug: Carpe diem. If my hair's happy, I'm happy.

It's all in good nick and virgin, and longer than it's ever been, while transitioning in colour as it loses pigment. We've already been on many journeys and will continue fluxing it up in blissful abandonment.

Andthetalltrees
October 21st, 2017, 12:59 AM
I don't care too much about the condition of my hair, It's fine as it is haha. Length? I think I'll start being really happy around TBL, But I'm growing to fingertip I think unless I can't handle it.

queenbee1
October 21st, 2017, 03:53 AM
I spent about 10'years at a false terminal of BSL due to poor habits pre LHC so I haven't started feeling like my hair was long until the past summer when I hit waist. But I'm hoping to see classic or FTL someday if my hair can grow that long. I need to keep growing out the layers, my hair is dreadfully thin but I love it and accept it, but a stronger hemline (even if tapered) would be great to have.

I love my black hair (w blue or green or purple undertones) but it's a lot of work to keep up with due to my grey roots. I tell myself it's good hobby though. And fairly inexpensive since I do it all myself. (But time consuming, on coloring days I sit with it on my head for 4-8 hours). Someday I'll cut it all off, and grow out the grey but I'm not there yet.

I trim about one inch off every 6-8 months right now, which is more about strengthening my thin ends than removing damage. I see very little damage when I S&D, about every 3-6 months which is totally different thanks to oiling regularly and other good LHC style habits.
6-8 hours? Isnt that a little too much? :O

2gaits
October 22nd, 2017, 09:41 AM
I'm thinking I want to try for waist length. I have shoulderish length hair most of my life so I think even bsl will feel quite long at first. As far as condition I am hoping for a decent hemline.

Lizzie.torp
October 22nd, 2017, 09:48 AM
I'm fine with the condition of my hair but it would be cool to be all virgin. I don't think I'll like the length until it gets close to waist but I won't be stopping there.

Afanen
October 22nd, 2017, 10:47 AM
Grown out bangs, cut out bleach, and have blunt, even ends without much taper. At least waist length, although once my bangs are grown and bleach is cut out I'll grow longer.

Shorty89
October 22nd, 2017, 10:57 AM
I'm not unhappy with my hair currently, but when I've grown out the damage on my ends, I'll be totally happy (another couple years).

Dems
October 22nd, 2017, 02:28 PM
At the moment I will be happy to get it all one length at around APL. Then I can get to the business of growing!

Kae612
October 22nd, 2017, 03:30 PM
I was happy with my length at hip, but the ends were thin and damaged so I cut off about 4 inches. I love the blunt ends, and I like this length just fine (about waist I think) but it's more difficult to keep in a bun. So I would like a few more inches - maybe if I can keep this condition and get back to hip.

But who knows, I loved my hair at chin length too. It's one of my favourite features. I used to dislike my hair a lot, and I had bald spots and stuff as a kid from trich. But it's really become one my my favourite features. I'm definitely willing to change that goal if I feel like it, if I decide I'd rather play more with colour than braids and buns (which is what I'm really enjoying now).

Eastbound&Down
October 22nd, 2017, 03:38 PM
I honestly don't think I'll ever bee truly happy with it, but I'm not unhappy with it as far as condition goes, the length will come in time. I really enjoyed my hair as it got to BSL and longer, so waiting (impatiently) to get back there and on to hip.

Dark40
October 22nd, 2017, 03:50 PM
I'm pretty much happy with the condition of my hair. I'm very unhappy with the length. It is not as long as I would like for it to be. I would love it at thigh length(which is my short-term goal length), and my long-term goal length is ankle length. I have a good feeling that it will grow down there someday. I'm really excited about it since joining the LHC back in 2010 I was at chin length. Now, I'm 1cm away from being at waist length!!! Yayyy!!! This is the longest my hair has ever been in my whole entire life. The longest my hair had ever been since childhood was MBL, and I am soooo happy that it can grow a lot longer than that! :D

Beeboo123
October 22nd, 2017, 04:29 PM
I'll probably be happy when I'm somewhere between classic and FTL with blunt ends, unlayered, zero breakage and frizz. Never happening, sadly.

OhSuzi
October 23rd, 2017, 05:19 AM
I like the style & condition its in, now its all virgin and undamaged.
When it definitely passes the 'longest I've ever had it before' barrier - so maybe about armpit length in 6 - 12 months - I'll be really excited and happy that I can start calling it long.
After that any length it continues to grow to will be a delight & I won't stop unless I decide there's a certain length that's my limit or i'm more comfortable with.

BlueKittyMeow
November 5th, 2017, 01:52 AM
I would love mid thigh length or just below hip length. I really want it to grow thicker all the way down too so I’m working on avoiding mechanical damage at the moment. I’m not unhappy with my hair now, but at the same time I have an idea of it in its ideal state.

Arete
November 5th, 2017, 10:23 AM
I bleached my ends to do fun colors last year knowing full well they would get icky eventually. It's reached that point, so I'll be chopping off about four inches (currently at classic) and going back to TBL. When I'm back at classic, I'll be back at my goal length. I'm not 100% sure about doing the big chop in one go, or if I should take an inch off every six weeks so It'll feel like less of a loss length wise, but it also would be nice to just get rid of the dull ends and have a thicker tassel again.
All things considered, I take pretty good care of my hair and the ends are in okay shape, but still experiencing a lot of breakage and splits in the bleached part... :hmm: Decisions, decisions.

Once I've decided what to do with my ends, I will be bleaching (in a salon with a stylist I trust completely with euphora's color elixir treatment to minimize damage vs. the at home box bleach I did for my ends). 6 highlights of about 1.5" in my canopy, alternating with my natural color, and dying them red/orange/yellow/green/blue/purple with SFX. My supervisor said yes, but one of my coworkers was making a stink about it, and I need to double confirm with him to get her to shut up. If worst comes to worst, I'll bleach the middle layer about 6-8" and do a rainbow fall that I can hide or show depending on my part, but that'll be harder to maintain dye wise, so not my first choice.

I've always wanted rainbow hair, but definitely don't want to commit to full head bleach/I know that won't fly at work, lol. So I think I'll be very happy when the damaged ends are cut out completely, I have my highlights, and my hair is back to classic :)

sumidha
November 5th, 2017, 09:06 PM
I'm super happy with finger tip length and have no desire to go longer, I'll be maintaing here foreverrrrrrrr, AKA until all my dye damage and post partum shed re-growth has caught up. Since my shortest new growth is about an inch long at the moment, it'll be a while. :laugh:

T0n1c
November 10th, 2017, 12:35 PM
I am dreaming of TBL or perhaps knee length. If I can't get to TBL, then whatever terminal ends up being.
Condition? Shiny, healthy, as few splits as possible.
My ideal is as long and healthy as possible.

Groovy Granny
November 10th, 2017, 01:06 PM
I am happy NOW ~ I dust on the full moons and trim quarterly with the seasonal changes.
Between waist and hip is my sweet spot, and I have come to understand and care for my fine,wurly, silvery whites.
It is a joy to style my hair each day, and I wish for nothing more ~ all is well :meditate:

T0n1c
November 10th, 2017, 01:30 PM
I am happy NOW ~ I dust on the full moons and trim quarterly with the seasonal changes.
Between waist and hip is my sweet spot, and I have come to understand and care for my fine,wurly, silvery whites.
It is a joy to style my hair each day, and I wish for nothing more ~ all is well :meditate:

Groovy - I don't know which I love more, your hair or your attitude! :crush:

Groovy Granny
November 10th, 2017, 01:51 PM
Groovy - I don't know which I love more, your hair or your attitude! :crush:

I see you are new since I was away ~ welcome :flowers:

Panthera
November 10th, 2017, 03:33 PM
When it's shiny with some bouncy curls and doesn't look flat or poofy on the second day after washing. That never happens so I'm still waiting for the perfect hair moment. I'm happy with the lenght when it's so long that I could sit on it :laugh:

Dendra
November 10th, 2017, 03:36 PM

That sounds friggin' awesome.

Groovy Granny
November 10th, 2017, 04:41 PM
That sounds friggin' awesome.

It is a major milestone from where I was 4 years ago for sure...feeling very blessed :flower:

tlatzoteotl
November 11th, 2017, 08:25 AM
I'll be happy when I'm WL again. I'm BSL right now after taking off about 6 inches this year to remove layers and a U-shape, and it's enough for a braid but not enough for a perfect bun. I'm hoping it won't be too heavy for a full bun by the time it reaches that length...

Dessi
November 11th, 2017, 08:28 AM
Lenghtwise I would be happy when I reach Knee length. I'm at 48" currently, Knee length is about 51", so hopefully soon. I have no intentions of growing it longer than that. After reaching this goal, it will be time for the other part of my journey - getting thicker ends and nicer hemline. I've never had thick ends in my life and I've never had one length hair with no layers, so these are all things I'm looking forward to achieving once I've reached Knee length. My plan is to keep micotrimming 1 cm every three months (as I've been doing the last few years) even after reaching Knee. Then at the end of every year I'm going to trim all hairs that are past Knee (the gained length won't be more that 10 cm anyway). We'll see how much years it will take for me to be satisfied with my ends from then on. :D

abribun
November 12th, 2017, 11:23 AM
I'll be happy with my length when I reach waist. My ultimate goal is HL but I haven't had hair even as long as BSL since I was little so if I reach WL I will be so pleased. For the condition, I just want to have a blunt cut with thick ends. I want it to be shiny and soft to the touch with some mermaid waves. I just need to figure out the perfect way to let me hair dry in nice waves (my hair is thin so when I braid it, I get these weird kinks instead of waves). If anyone has any advice for getting mermaid waves on thin/fine hair, please let me know!

Kitke
November 12th, 2017, 01:22 PM
I think I'll be happy with my length when I hit BCL and finish growing out my fringe, but in terms of condition I'm not sure I'll ever be happy! Maybe when I've S&D'd out the crazy damage in my layers and figured out what caused that damage in the first place... And once I've figured out a routine that sorts out my dryness, tangles and friziness...

I could probably be happy with hair at any length if it were just silky and nice to touch!

Shigure
November 12th, 2017, 02:11 PM
I'll be happy with may length when I reach classic length braid. I'm not even on half point :D
I am dreaming about hair without split ends but probably my bigest wish is having thick hair. I have so little of them :(

T0n1c
November 13th, 2017, 07:12 AM
I'll be happy with my length when I reach waist. My ultimate goal is HL but I haven't had hair even as long as BSL since I was little so if I reach WL I will be so pleased. For the condition, I just want to have a blunt cut with thick ends. I want it to be shiny and soft to the touch with some mermaid waves. I just need to figure out the perfect way to let me hair dry in nice waves (my hair is thin so when I braid it, I get these weird kinks instead of waves). If anyone has any advice for getting mermaid waves on thin/fine hair, please let me know!

I can get some really nice waves in my fine, thin hair with a bun. If I go to bed with wet or damp hair, bun it on top of my head, then let it down and gently finger comb in the morning. I will say that (for me) damp works better than wet, as with wet it's usually not dry by morning. If it's still wet in the morning the weight pulls out the waves and it ends up a frizzy mess. Those days I end up wetting it down and putting it back in a bun just to avoid dealing with it, lol.