PDA

View Full Version : Allure.com shares an article about ankle-length hair~

arc691
August 24th, 2017, 08:52 AM
...mine! How exciting!! A writer from Allure contacted me after seeing the article that the Daily Mail did on my hair. Here is the link to the article on Allure.com~ https://www.allure.com/story/woman-with-super-long-hair-ankle-length

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hDuUpSmNi30/WZ7kC7lP6AI/AAAAAAAAhWk/HrBcob7eePoJAC9dTkEr9QDO3Hj8VAItwCLcBGAs/s400/andrea-colson-long-hair-lede.jpg
(https://www.allure.com/story/woman-with-super-long-hair-ankle-length)

spidermom
August 24th, 2017, 09:16 AM
Look at that; you're a celebrity. haha Tangled may be your inspiration, but I imagine that YOU are the inspiration for many others.

- Lizzy -
August 24th, 2017, 09:30 AM
Amazing! Your hair is so beautiful :p

FennFire911
August 24th, 2017, 09:34 AM
That's so amazing. Your hair is gorgeous!

pili
August 24th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Nice! It looks like you are getting a lot of positive attention.

lithostoic
August 24th, 2017, 10:30 AM
It sounds like you've inspired the writer to grow! How awesome!

lapushka
August 24th, 2017, 11:04 AM
Imagine if you were to mention LHC. ;) :p We would get inundated. :shocked:

xoChesleyy
August 24th, 2017, 12:27 PM
Another article?! Congratulations, that's very exciting indeed! :D

Lunnafindel
August 24th, 2017, 01:02 PM
Congrats! That must feel so great - like how it feels when people stop you on the street but x10! :D

I have a question though: it doesn't actually take you 30 min to do a normal braid, right? you were talking about one of your more complicated styles (which I adore)? I watched the clock as I braided this morning and it took me about 2 min, so I assume yours would be about the same? Is 30 min the average for the cool styles you post on instagram/your blog?

I'm glad the article was nice. Too often articles about super long hair are like "eewww this weird person is doing something weird and gross" so I'm happy this one was so positive!

DaveDecker
August 24th, 2017, 02:13 PM
Andrea - congrats! The positive media recognition is truly deserved.

arc691
August 24th, 2017, 03:35 PM
Congrats! That must feel so great - like how it feels when people stop you on the street but x10! :D

I have a question though: it doesn't actually take you 30 min to do a normal braid, right? you were talking about one of your more complicated styles (which I adore)? I watched the clock as I braided this morning and it took me about 2 min, so I assume yours would be about the same? Is 30 min the average for the cool styles you post on instagram/your blog?

I'm glad the article was nice. Too often articles about super long hair are like "eewww this weird person is doing something weird and gross" so I'm happy this one was so positive!

Thank you all so much! Actually it does usually take me anywhere between 15 to 30 minutes to fix my hair, certain styles like a center mohawk braid and bun take around 10 minutes or less if I'm in a hurry. Or a clipped poofy section with a big low bun takes about 3-5 minutes. It depends on the braid and style, like you say :)

Sarahlabyrinth
August 24th, 2017, 04:57 PM
A lovely article and so nice to see positive things written about long hair! :D Thank you for sharing it with us!

Dark40
August 24th, 2017, 05:23 PM
Andrea, Congratulations! Your hair is gorgeous! You are an inspiration to me! I'm also aiming to grow my hair as long as yours someday. Happy growing!

Xan
August 24th, 2017, 06:13 PM
Lovely Andrea, so stunning definitely a long hair Idol. Lately I have been thinking it would be fun to try to get my hair that long as well, seems so far away though.

HeartofHaleth
August 24th, 2017, 06:57 PM
What a wonderful article! Always so encouraging to see superlong hair portrayed as something beautiful and an impressive achievement (which it most certainly is)!

CindyOfTheOaks
August 24th, 2017, 07:05 PM
I'm glad I logged in tonight !
How exciting for you !

esfand
August 24th, 2017, 07:15 PM
Wow! Your hair IS amazing and deserves a mention!

arc691
August 24th, 2017, 10:37 PM
How very kind of you all, thank you so much for commenting and viewing the article!

Islandgrrl
August 25th, 2017, 12:11 AM
What a lovely article!

shelly123
August 25th, 2017, 12:53 AM
That's really cool. Very nice article.

TatsuOni
August 25th, 2017, 02:39 AM
Congrats! Another nice article about your lovely hair! :)

maborosi
August 25th, 2017, 07:47 AM
It's really nice to see long hair being reported on in a positive way.
Congratulations!

floridaorchid
August 25th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Aww congrats!! You even look like Tangled's Rapunzel. Such gorgeous strawberry hair.

NightSister
August 25th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Congrats! :)

Cherriezzzzz
August 25th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Imagine if you were to mention LHC. ;) :p We would get inundated. :shocked:

If ppl Google her, LHC shows up in the search results!

The last uk article is what inspired me to grow to a more "extreme" length.

Kat-Rinnč Naido
August 25th, 2017, 12:20 PM
Congratulations, Andrea!
Another glowing article. This officially makes you a celebrity. It's awesome to read others outside of LHC are now inspired by your hair. All the best and enjoy these special moments.:toast:

lapushka
August 25th, 2017, 01:39 PM
If ppl Google her, LHC shows up in the search results!

The last uk article is what inspired me to grow to a more "extreme" length.

That's awesome. :)

BTW, I have a feeling "our" Andrea aka arc is going to go viral pretty soon. :D :thumbsup:

arc691
August 25th, 2017, 05:34 PM
Thank you so much everyone! Reading your kind words is a wonderful way to start my morning. Happy weekend!

LadyCelestina
August 25th, 2017, 10:47 PM
Congratulations! :) I'm glad you and your hair are getting so much positive attention! <3

As for the 30 minutes thing, when I first read it, I thought it's funny they say it's a lot to spend on hair daily... when so many women spend up to an hour on washing, blowdrying and styling it every day :D

Sarahlabyrinth
August 25th, 2017, 11:31 PM
Congratulations! :) I'm glad you and your hair are getting so much positive attention! <3

As for the 30 minutes thing, when I first read it, I thought it's funny they say it's a lot to spend on hair daily... when so many women spend up to an hour on washing, blowdrying and styling it every day :D

I thought that too, lol. My short haired sisters (around SL) often spend an hour on their hair in the mornings.

arc691
August 25th, 2017, 11:54 PM
And another one is up, this time from Inside Edition! They did a video and an article, how kind and fun <3

YouTube video: https://youtu.be/ighhy01Ms-o

Article on Inside Edition's website: http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/25179-is-this-woman-with-ankle-length-blond-hair-the-real-life-rapunzel

embee
August 26th, 2017, 05:33 AM
You are in the spotlight, girl! :) Good to see postive things about long hair.

papillon
August 27th, 2017, 09:25 PM
Awesome. Congrats! You're a great ambassador for long hair! :)

lapushka
August 28th, 2017, 04:10 AM
Andrea did you mention the media attention on your blog yet? :D

MusicalSpoons
August 28th, 2017, 09:14 AM
Oooh that's so cool, congratulations! I really like that the second article mentioned you don't find it difficult to manage because it's routine, you're used to long hair -
a lot of people don't understand that concept! Lovely they're both so positive :D

Peanut butter, interesting - is it for the protein/fatty acids? I hate PB but I wonder if other nut butters might have the same effect :hmm:

Haha, yeah - and the hours in the salon every 6-8 weeks washing, blowdrying, dyeing, cutting, styling (well, so I hear, anyway) Sounds exhausting!

czech it out
August 28th, 2017, 09:23 AM
Girl, I am really enjoying following your hair on its media circuit! It's truly remarkable, and now more people can see! :flower: And (I think I already said this on another platform) I welcome any excuse to eat more peanut butter! :eyebrows:

arc691
August 28th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Andrea did you mention the media attention on your blog yet? :D
Yes :) And I added a page with links to the different articles~ it's amazing seeing the list https://691superlonghair.blogspot.com/p/featured-in-allure-daily-mail.html

Girl, I am really enjoying following your hair on its media circuit! It's truly remarkable, and now more people can see! :flower: And (I think I already said this on another platform) I welcome any excuse to eat more peanut butter! :eyebrows:
Thank you so much!

Everyone, thank you <3 <3 <3

The Maple Leaf
August 28th, 2017, 05:11 PM
Very cool! I read about you recently in an article on a Czech news page.

arc691
September 1st, 2017, 05:50 AM
Very cool! I read about you recently in an article on a Czech news page.

How cool, thanks so much!

AtticusFinch
September 6th, 2017, 12:08 PM
When you say "only conditioning the ends" what is "the ends" to you?

So cool!
It's nice to see long hair which is luscious and healthy - not just long.

arc691
September 7th, 2017, 06:20 AM
When you say "only conditioning the ends" what is "the ends" to you?

So cool!
It's nice to see long hair which is luscious and healthy - not just long.

The length, from my ears down but especially the lower second half. Thank you so much <3

cowgirllong
September 7th, 2017, 05:14 PM
Like others have said, it is so nice to see positive articles about long hair. And especially nice that it is you! You inspired one of my daughters when she saw one of your instagram pictures last spring.

HeavenlyTresses
September 8th, 2017, 08:33 PM
I keep seeing your articles pop up on instagram and facebook and it makes me so happy to see all the positive feedback :) We share the same hair growth secret too (well, not so secret now!).....peanut butter!!!

Beatnik Guy
September 9th, 2017, 02:27 PM
We share the same hair growth secret too (well, not so secret now!).....peanut butter!!!

Does the effect increase exponentially? Like, if I were to eat a jar of PB every day...? :frog:

lapushka
September 9th, 2017, 04:18 PM
The length, from my ears down but especially the lower second half. Thank you so much <3

To me my "ends" are the last couple inches of my hair. I have TBL hair, so I put my oils and heaviest products on the very very bottom. But you of course have longer hair. :D

arc691
September 10th, 2017, 01:14 AM
I keep seeing your articles pop up on instagram and facebook and it makes me so happy to see all the positive feedback :) We share the same hair growth secret too (well, not so secret now!).....peanut butter!!!

Too amazing! Thank you so much, I am very happy the response has been so nice and kind <3

Like others have said, it is so nice to see positive articles about long hair. And especially nice that it is you! You inspired one of my daughters when she saw one of your instagram pictures last spring.

How sweet! Thank you so much for sharing <3

Does the effect increase exponentially? Like, if I were to eat a jar of PB every day...? :frog:

Haha if it does, be sure to let me know! :-)

Beckstar
September 17th, 2017, 01:33 PM

Hand me 2 jars and a spoon.

Snackpackdino
September 17th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Woah! That hair definitely deserves it's own article or two.. or many :D . I checked out your blog also and it's really nice. Thank you for being hair goals :heart: !
Now I started craving for peanut butter too, because it's yummy! Must put it on the shopping list. :yumm:

arc691
September 18th, 2017, 08:05 AM
Woah! That hair definitely deserves it's own article or two.. or many :D . I checked out your blog also and it's really nice. Thank you for being hair goals :heart: !
Now I started craving for peanut butter too, because it's yummy! Must put it on the shopping list. :yumm:

Aww thank you so much <3

Patrick2300
March 24th, 2018, 11:32 AM
...mine! How exciting!! A writer from Allure contacted me after seeing the article that the Daily Mail did on my hair. Here is the link to the article on Allure.com~ https://www.allure.com/story/woman-with-super-long-hair-ankle-length

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hDuUpSmNi30/WZ7kC7lP6AI/AAAAAAAAhWk/HrBcob7eePoJAC9dTkEr9QDO3Hj8VAItwCLcBGAs/s400/andrea-colson-long-hair-lede.jpg

Congratulations Andrea, for this article :-) You have really beautiful hair :-)

tangocurl
March 24th, 2018, 04:04 PM
Just read the article. How inspiring! I have more modest goals, but am going to keep eating peanut butter :yumm:

Joules
March 25th, 2018, 04:46 AM
Congratulations! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous in every way!

I'm so happy to see nice articles about super long hair, sometimes it seems like magazines and fashion websites care only about trendy haircuts and dyes. Great job spreading long-hair-mania! :D

ravenskey
March 25th, 2018, 05:39 AM
Amazing hair! I wish mine was that long though if my hair was 64" it would be past floor length not ankle length!

TheForestFae
March 25th, 2018, 08:24 AM

Rapunzel was my first hair inspiration, and then I heard about you which makes you become my hair inspiration too! :) I have just accidentally figured it out your insta yesterday :) It was so great to see how you style your hair and where you have come, it did inspired me a lot :)))) Hope that I can have beautiful hair like you one day :)