PDA

View Full Version : Help? Please?

ItalianFlower
October 27th, 2008, 07:05 PM
My hair refuses to be curly. Tangles easily. Lots of splits. Sometimes crunchy ends. Frizzy. Poofy.

My routine: usually I braid at night before bed, held with a scrunchy. Every other day or so (sometimes more, sometimes less) I take a shoer and I condition with Hydra Sleek by Nexxus (Silken smoothing conditioner) as of the past week or so. Before that (about three months) I was using Hydrating Conditioner by Design Line by Regis. This problem has been around for about a month I guess. My hair (now) is usually crazy tangled so I just start pouring conditioner and I leave it in (don't wash it out). I did this before the Blah Hair, too. I also comb my hair in the shower with a wide toothed, seamless, plastic comb in the shower to distribute the conditioner and to get out all the knots. I alternate between putting it in a bun or ponytail (when wet, held by a scrunchie), or leave it down in a vain attempt to coax out curls.

I want my hair to be soft and shiny, curly and manageable again! Help! I've never had it this long before so I'm really quite lost...

Dolly
October 27th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Have you tried clarifying? Sounds like you have a bit of a buildup issue......that can make my hair go all weird and make the ends feel crispy. When mine feels like that, I use Suave clarifying shampoo and a good conditioner. It usually solves the problem.

spidermom
October 27th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Oil? Oftentimes if I heavily oil my hair the day before washing, it will be very soft and curly after I wash and air dry it. The trick is don't be too aggressive about getting all the oil out. I've noticed that sometimes I'll be concerned about it being too oily judging by the way it feels when it's wet, but when it's dry, it's fine (most of the time). A small amount of oil stroked onto clean, damp hair is also a good thing for manageability, although I'm a little unhappy that it seems to attract more dust and lint that way. You can't have everything, I guess.

I hope that you find the solutions you seek and will soon be happy with your hair.

akurah
October 27th, 2008, 07:16 PM
I would do the following:
-clarify
-go back to the regis product you were using last month
-get a trim (quarter inch or so)

Curlsgirl
October 27th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Yeah I agree about the clarifying. Any sulfate shampoo should work. Does that conditioner have cones by any chance? If you are pouring it on and leaving it in no matter what kind of conditioner that may be too much. I do better by using a conditioner that rinses out and then using a leave-in so I can control how much. At your length also, my hair tended to be poofy no matter what I did. It will eventually start growing "down" instead of "out" if you know what I mean.

Do you use a curl cream or a gel? I use both, the gel over the cream and after I finger comb them through I leave my hair completely alone while it dries if I want it to curl. After it's completely dry, then I gently scrunch out any crunch. Even if it feels very stiff if you use the right gel, it will be soft with NO crunch in the end. It looks like your hair type is close to mine so if you need more help feel free to PM me. Good luck!