PDA

View Full Version : hair question

j floor hair
August 20th, 2017, 08:05 PM
if people could have uncut hair for eternity would they want to

Simsy
August 21st, 2017, 05:00 AM
Probably not. Most people who regularly trim aren't doing so because they have to. They are doing it because they want something different; either colour, length, style... They want to play with their hair, or feel longer hair is too much hassle and maintain a shorter style instead.

Even here, a lot of us have maximum lengths that we are happy to deal with. For myself, it's classic length. Any longer and I feel I would spend more time dealing with my hair than I want to. Sometimes it's the restraint of work/family requirements or time available to work with your hair. Sometimes it's restricted by how you want to wear it on a regular basis; ankle length hair isn't terribly practical to wear loose all the time. Sometimes it's simply that your hair doesn't like a particular length and just misbehaves until you trim back a couple of inches.

Don't get me wrong, awesome idea and I would be totally on board if I could choose the length. But the practicalities of never cutting your hair; even if it never gets damaged; simply make it more difficult than it needs to be.

FuzzyBlackWaves
August 21st, 2017, 05:13 AM
Nah. I don't know why but I prefer trims every now and then. Plus if hair never needed cutting then it would never grow - there are implications to that. Do people choose their terminal length and if so what if they change their minds later on? Or does it go off current terminal length in which case some people would end up with hair that they couldn't manage?

lapushka
August 21st, 2017, 07:58 AM
I think it's generally unrealistic, even for people with really long long hair.

Angelica
August 21st, 2017, 12:23 PM
Yes I would :) I don't like cutting my hair at all, unfortunately it grows so bitty and only to a certain length.

Otempura
August 21st, 2017, 12:44 PM
Time at the salon is cathartic lol. I only go sometimes though and I don't like getting it cut but sometimes it's freeing to have a trim.

Cg
August 21st, 2017, 12:45 PM
Not unless I could keep my perfect blunt hemline

Corvana
August 21st, 2017, 02:07 PM
If it were to grow the same thickness all the way down? And have little damage (or none)? Then I'd let it go to like a foot past floor for the novelty, then cut it back to some length I want (fingertip? knee? idk) and trim it there forever.

My main growth worry is a ton of taper. Some is fine and I'm not worried about it, but I've got this deep fear of getting past waist only with like 3 hairs and that's just not what I want for myself.

unheardletters
August 21st, 2017, 04:37 PM
If my hair wasn't so incredibly prone to split ends then I would love to let it grow as long as it would and never cut it. But I need to cut them out or they cause big problems.

Dark40
August 23rd, 2017, 09:23 PM
No, I prefer to have a small trim once a year to get rid of split ends.