PDA

View Full Version : Help! Styling BSL hair

DizzyGinger
August 20th, 2017, 03:56 AM
I am in a real rut with my hair. It just reached BSL (all layers and bangs totally grown out too, yay!). I've been wearing it up for months, I probably let it down twice a week. But sometimes I feel that my hairline is a little annoyed, it needs a break, but I still don't like it down at home.

What is something to try that will keep it out of my way, lets me part it so it's not always pulled straight back, and will be easy enough that it won't take much more thought than my messy bun? Which isn't a real bun lol, when I'm doing a ponytail I don't bring it all the way through on the last bit, I stop halfway for the laziest style ever.

lapushka
August 20th, 2017, 05:12 AM
Have you thought about half-ups?

DizzyGinger
August 20th, 2017, 04:24 PM
Oops, I thought for sure I'd mentioned no half-ups haha. I just don't like the way it hangs at my shoulders. See, when my hair is like waist-length, I don't mind it down so much because it sort of "stays" in place. If I flip it back over my shoulders, it will stay. Or the same for if I flip it forward. I'm disabled but do a little computer work from home so I'm sitting most of the time. At my current length, it won't stay back or forwards. It goes back and forth and I know it's a weird thing but I hate the feeling of it brushing over my shoulders, which would still happen unless all my hair was back.

Naturally I could always do a low ponytail but I'm hoping for some variety.

stachelbeere
August 20th, 2017, 04:53 PM
The hair styles that come to mind and meets your requirements are braids! They keep the hair contained - do you know how to do a regular English braid? Or even better, French or Dutch braid? If not, you could make a sort of bubble ponytail or a pull through braid with small hair ties, chunky fishtail braids are easy enough too. Braids are the reason I grew my hair out, frankly :)

Corvana
August 20th, 2017, 04:54 PM
Double buns? Just... Part your hair wherever and then do two of the buns you usually do, or any other kind you could do. Double braids would work as well.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 20th, 2017, 04:56 PM
What about a fan bun, or a Gibson Tuck, they always look so elegant.