PDA

View Full Version : new 'round here

melphie
October 27th, 2008, 04:33 PM
i have just found the LHC and wanted to say hello. stumbled upon the site when i was searching for good supplements to help speed up my growth. i cut of 12" about 7 weeks ago and now after my second short haircut (it is about 1" below my skull in the back!) i am on the road to long hair once again. my hair is quite thick and wavy and so with a very short cut it is quite unruly and large! i find myself pinning it back every single day...
i have started a multi-vitamin, biotin, msm regimen, and was wondering about the various Dabur oils. i am a golden blond (see chopped off braid to the left) and was wondering if these oils were okay to use on lighter hair?
thanks in advance - everyone's wonderful hair and patience is inspiring!

Butterflylady
October 27th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Welcome Melphie: I'm pretty new too. I had a really short cut about a year ago, too. I'm learning patience while waiting for long hair. This is a great community, I've learned a lot and gotten a lot of inspiration from the people here.:)

jojo
October 27th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Welcome Melphie and Butterflylady, theres loads to read on hair care on here, nice to meet you both.

Long may your hair grow and your posts be erm posted! xxx

GlennaGirl
October 27th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Just wanted to day welcome! I can't see why oils wouldn't work on lighter hair. Avoid the ones specifically said to "darken," like rosemary.

HairyCarrie
October 27th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Howdy to you both from another shorty in Georgia. LHC is the best community I've ever found on the 'net. It's full of great folks with wonderful advice. Good to have you on board as well...

Carrie.

Elainehali
October 27th, 2008, 08:08 PM
:D
hello and welcome!