PDA

View Full Version : How much shedding is too much?

Synester
August 14th, 2017, 11:39 PM
In the past I have had a hormonal imbalance and lost a good majority of my already thin 2a/i/ii hair starting from my crown of my head. The back of my head when wet my scalp is visible. I wash my hair every 2-3 days depending on what I am doing When I detangle my hair I shed a lot, and when I shower and rinse so many hairs come out. and i ball them up and slap them on my shower wall so my drain doesnt clog. My hair is baby fine, so 3 hairs stuck together wet looks like 1 normal hair strand thickness. And I have alittle under a palm sized amount of shedding in the shower.
My hormones seemed to have calmed down and my shedding slowed down as well.
Any tips to reduce shedding/grow back the hair around my crown???
The hair there is about 2-4 inches long and just doesnt grow anymore it seems.
my biggest problems for my hair are tangles, shedding, and breakage.
ive never had a product or brush that detangles my hair wonderfully...
my hair sheds a lot and it truly worries me "how much is too much"
and I brush my hair as gentle as possible from the bottom up and I still get decent amounts of breakage.
(my shedding isnt breakage) I check the ends of the strands and they all have a little white follicle bulb at the end. my breakage is only the last 2 inches of the bottom of my hair.
I know this is a lot of rambles I just love hearing what everyone has to say.

lapushka
August 15th, 2017, 04:48 AM
A hormonal imbalance can wreak havoc on your body. I went through it during puberty and lost clumps (up to a few bald patches).

My mom got me a lotion (from Bioscalin at the time), a good hairvitamin, and for the rest I ate whatever was served, which was meat every day.

I think maybe a good multivitamin, a good balanced diet, and patience (I had to have about 2 years' worth of patience back then for it to grow back over my shoulder).

Yeah... not much advice I can give you...