PDA

View Full Version : Heartwarming hairdresser story

Kake
August 12th, 2017, 08:33 AM
Thought I'd share this article about 2 hairdressers who went above and beyond to help a teen with depression who had planned to shave off her hair.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40887208#share-tools (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40887208#share-tools)

pili
August 12th, 2017, 09:15 AM
Wow, that was beautiful. I'm sitting here crying. It's nice to see a really positive hairdresser story for a change.

lithostoic
August 12th, 2017, 09:56 AM
I saw this story on Facebook recently. How nice of them. Got me wondering though, where were this girl's parents? Hair doesn't mat that badly overnight ...

Dendra
August 12th, 2017, 10:42 AM
That is really lovely. Those nice women. Thank goodness that's the salon she chose.

Roscata
August 12th, 2017, 03:17 PM
Faith in humanity restored. Thank you for sharing this! :)

Stormynights
August 12th, 2017, 04:32 PM
Years ago I had a girl come in that wanted her dreadlocks shaved off. I just couldn't shave her head so I worked on it for hours between other appointments lunch and staying late but I got her hair untangled to shoulder length and I was so proud of my self. Her only comment was that it was too short.

Aredhel
August 12th, 2017, 04:33 PM
I've been seeing this make its rounds on Facebook too... my heart swelled too. The hairdresser did a wonderful thing for that poor girl.

I saw this story on Facebook recently. How nice of them. Got me wondering though, where were this girl's parents? Hair doesn't mat that badly overnight ...

I was kinda wondering the same too... I mean, she's only 16, her parents are still legally responsible for her mental/physical health, hygiene, etc... :( It just seems to me like they kinda left her to her depression. So sad. :(

Cg
August 12th, 2017, 04:56 PM
I was kinda wondering the same too... I mean, she's only 16, her parents are still legally responsible for her mental/physical health, hygiene, etc... :( It just seems to me like they kinda left her to her depression. So sad. :(

We have no idea what her circumstances are, but my guess is her parents may be unable to care properly for her and perhaps themselves.

meteor
August 12th, 2017, 05:08 PM
Thought I'd share this article about 2 hairdressers who went above and beyond to help a teen with depression who had planned to shave off her hair.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40887208#share-tools (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40887208#share-tools)

Wow! What a wonderful story! Thanks so much for sharing! :flowers: Those ladies are incredible! :love: :bowtome: The article says they are both beauty therapy students - well, they certainly did something *truly* very therapeutic around beauty there! :applause

Years ago I had a girl come in that wanted her dreadlocks shaved off. I just couldn't shave her head so I worked on it for hours between other appointments lunch and staying late but I got her hair untangled to shoulder length and I was so proud of my self. Her only comment was that it was too short.

Ah, you are an angel, Stormynights! :bowtome: We know how detangling can take ages of hard, tedious work, especially with full dreadlocks. How awesome of you! :applause

embee
August 12th, 2017, 06:46 PM
We have no idea what the parents tried to do to help their child. One can try and try - and fail.

Aredhel
August 12th, 2017, 06:49 PM
Not judging the parents by any means, just wondering out loud I guess... being a parent isn't easy, my own mother has been battling her severe mental health issues her whole life. I had to take care of myself too after a while.

Kellylee
August 12th, 2017, 08:37 PM
I seen this! I hope this makes her feel a little bit better. 😕

RileyAnn
August 13th, 2017, 08:38 AM
That's so sweet!

floridaorchid
August 13th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Aw poor baby. I am so glad she had such a wonderful hairdresser to help give her some confidence and maybe help fight her inner demons.
It's so refreshing to hear such compassionate people helping others.

NV
August 30th, 2017, 10:28 AM
I really appreciate the hairdresser taking the time to help and get the girl's hair looking so great again