PDA

View Full Version : Shedding plus growth spurt?

Ondine11
August 10th, 2017, 09:53 PM
Is it just me, or, does your hair abruptly shed more during a growth spurt? This happened to me about a week ago, just as I was noticing rapid-fire root growth. This shedding does not cause thinning, as I can see fullness traveling towards my hemline, filling it in nicely. IF this does happen to you, do you know what causes this pairing?

Andthetalltrees
August 10th, 2017, 10:15 PM
I've heard the theory that fast growth goes with shedding more as a consequence. Perhaps the hairs grow to their potential quicker and shed out sooner because it doesn't take as long? For me personally my hair grows in spurts, and above average yearly growth, But I also shed very little(5-10 hairs a day) so it's not true for me!

meteor
August 10th, 2017, 10:38 PM
Hmm, I wonder, do you apply anything to scalp to stimulate growth? Some topical growth stimulants can be irritating to sensitive scalps (and cause some shedding) at great concentrations, things with garlic or capsicum, for example... :hmm:

moon_witch
August 11th, 2017, 08:37 AM
I feel like this happens to me! Some months my hair will grow fast than usually but the it also sheds more :shrug:

lapushka
August 11th, 2017, 03:32 PM
Is it just me, or, does your hair abruptly shed more during a growth spurt? This happened to me about a week ago, just as I was noticing rapid-fire root growth. This shedding does not cause thinning, as I can see fullness traveling towards my hemline, filling it in nicely. IF this does happen to you, do you know what causes this pairing?

I admit it, I have few growth spurts, but I can't say I ever really noticed that I shed more when I do have one or two. Sometimes I just randomly shed more, and I just keep an eye on it to see if I have it the next week at my weekly wash (which is when I notice the most). If I have it 4 times in a row and it's exuberant, then I start to worry.

This coming from someone who lost a lot of hair (in clumps) during the "process" of puberty (with bald spots to boot).