PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know where Stone Bridge has gone?

Dendra
August 9th, 2017, 11:03 AM
Their website is no longer in action, but I hadn't heard they were shutting down. Does anyone know anything about it?

Here's the link if you'd like to see for yourself:

https://www.stone-bridge.co.uk/

lapushka
August 9th, 2017, 11:22 AM
I have no idea!

Dendra
August 9th, 2017, 11:40 AM
Haha, okay so so far it's still a mystery!

FuzzyBlackWaves
August 9th, 2017, 12:01 PM
A few search results turn up another store saying it's apparently been closed down but they don't know the details of it either.

bparnell75
August 9th, 2017, 12:02 PM
There is a shop on etsy called Stonebridge, but no air toys in it. could they have gone to other offerings?

CopperSilver
August 9th, 2017, 02:30 PM
I'm sad about this. I bought several items from them over the years and their customer service was second to none.

I emailed Melissa Hill in May this year after I broke my favourite hair clip when I smacked my head on the car door. The item had been discontinued, and I wanted to know if there was any chance of getting hold of another one. She emailed back to say she would send me a replacement that they happened to have in stock, just for the price of the postage. It was a really kind gesture. I will miss them!

lapushka
August 9th, 2017, 03:50 PM
I tried to buy from them one time, one of the President ficcares. They first said they had them, then they didn't. They asked how they could make it up, and I just asked to exchange it for a different (regular oldstyle) clip and if they wanted to throw in something extra, that would be fine - and they did (something small, like a bunch of designer elastics), but it was something and it was a nice gesture.

Dendra
August 9th, 2017, 05:22 PM
Yes it does seem that they were a lovely shop to buy from. And, from a UK perspective, it's sad to see this closure (if it is a closure) because it's so nice being able to pay normal postage rates and avoid customs charges.

bparnell I had a little look on Etsy and couldn't find the company you mean but I think it's unlikely that they would have diverged from hair toys :shrug:

With Eaduard and Canadian Inspirations also closing up it seems to be a tricky time for hair toy makers.