PDA

View Full Version : re "wetting" the hair between wash days?

Rebeccalaurenxx
August 7th, 2017, 09:27 PM
Does anyone else do this?
sometimes i notice after some time, my hair seems to "dry" out. it gets tangled and seems to just lose moisture.
my hair seems to, like, being sprayed with a bit of water. I think it kind of reactivates the leave in products i use.
anyone else?

Wildcat Diva
August 7th, 2017, 09:29 PM
Yep. Absolutely. Sometimes add conditioner too.

Andthetalltrees
August 7th, 2017, 09:38 PM
Yep! If I have to detangle between wash days I dampen my hair to make it easier. Sometimes I even do a WO rinse if my hair seems extra dry or something. My hair loves being wet haha

Rebeccalaurenxx
August 7th, 2017, 09:47 PM
Yep. Absolutely. Sometimes add conditioner too.

Same! Either conditioner or Nightbloomings leave in.

maborosi
August 8th, 2017, 01:04 AM
I have been known to do this! It really does help. I've just been so lazy lately! But usually I spritz with some water, then follow with Nightblooming's Selkie to give me some hydration.

sarahthegemini
August 8th, 2017, 03:09 AM
Nope, if my hair gets wet on a non wash day it just gets limp :-/

LadyCelestina
August 8th, 2017, 03:56 AM
Yes, I sometimes dampen my hair several times a day to refresh curls:) I've been reluctant to do this due to water damage, but I'd rather have nice curls :) (but so far I have no damage from that, only benefits - less tangles and dryness)

Aredhel
August 8th, 2017, 04:41 AM
Yep this happens to me too...mostly just my very ends though. They just get super dry and scraggly through the week. I can't figure out if it's the bleach or not.

enting
August 8th, 2017, 04:44 AM
My hair dries out, too. It's half of why I'm leaning more toward the frequent washer's camp. (The other half is that my scalp is happier, too.)
I can oil it and get "slip" back. I was doing that for quite a while instead.

lapushka
August 8th, 2017, 04:48 AM
This is part of the LOC/LCO method, the re-wetting can happen but is not a must. The link is in my signature to that method, but it's not often talked about there, just a heads' up.

I don't re-wet. I think it's a faff. My hair usually still feels okay by weeks' end. A bit drier, yes, but not dry enough to go through the hassle of re-wetting it (spraying with a sprayer, re-sealing). So I just leave it.

I think it's more of an issue when you don't wear it up.

Anje
August 8th, 2017, 05:35 AM
Honestly, I took that between-wash dryness as a sign that my products/routine weren't working right for me because my hair wasn't staying moisturized for 3-4 days between washes. In some cases, that was true -- it seems that some silicone products (quite possibly the volatile ones, but I haven't narrowed it quite enough) make my hair start to get dry and weird about 2-3 days after I use them. On the other hand, I suspect that a bunch of it was that my hair improved in condition over time and simply didn't lose moisture so fast anymore. All the same, make sure you're not getting hooked on that super-soft over-hydrated hair feeling, since promoting that too much probably will lead to overmoisturized hair and perhaps hygral fatigue.

Oh, environmental factors absolutely play a role. I'm enjoying the perks of having hair that's too short to actually tangle right now, and was driving around with the top down. (Wooooo!!!! I'm liking this jeep thing!) Hair and the top of my scalp felt a bit dry after that, just a day after washing!

draysmir
August 8th, 2017, 06:31 AM
I don't do this, my hair feels the most dry on wash day to be honest, and I don't think my hair would benefit from getting wet anyway. I oil my ends throughout the week sometimes, but day 3ish is actually when my hair feels the best I'd say. My natural oils from a couple days of not washing help make my hair less frizzy and more manageable, but my hair still doesn't really "look" oily yet. Is your hair (or length at least) supposed to feel less moisturized the longer you wait to wash? I usually only notice my ends get more dry.

I have trouble telling if my hair is dry or too-moisturized, so my input is probably not that helpful :p I'm surprised so many people do this regularly! I wonder how damaging/not damaging re-wetting your hair often is.

unheardletters
August 8th, 2017, 06:35 AM
I think because I don't use leave-in products in my hair so there is no products to reactivate, rewetting doesn't seem to help at all. It makes my hair very frizzy.

KittyBird
August 8th, 2017, 07:03 AM
Re-wetting just makes my hair look gross, so I opt for frequent washes instead (every other day) to keep my curls looking nice.

Alissalocks
August 8th, 2017, 07:06 AM
With my stick-straight hair, I only re wet if I need to create curls for stage and I'm in between wash days. I never use heat tools for curls, only set them using water to avoid damage.

pili
August 8th, 2017, 07:18 AM
Yup. My hair loves water. When I did curly girl my hair had no issue with daily wetting. It was my scalp that had issues. Now I just sprits if I need it.

triumphator!
August 8th, 2017, 07:22 AM
I re-wet this morning, in fact! I don't do it for any reason other than my hair looks mushed around from sleeping.

Deborah
August 8th, 2017, 12:34 PM
You can probably find lots of old threads on this if you search something like "your mister". This used to be extremely popular.

Dendra
August 8th, 2017, 01:07 PM
I would be afraid of hygral fatigue so I don't rewet. Although if it's only a misting it might not be too bad, especially if it's followed by a leave in or oil to trap in the mist.

My lengths and ends do feel drier three days after wash day, so I start to work a tiny bit of coconut oil through my ends during detangling if I think it needs it.

Cherriezzzzz
August 8th, 2017, 01:35 PM
I do not get better hair after I wet either, more frizz though. It revives my poufy texture. My hair looks best first and second day after wash! My hair is completely virgin though so I wonder if that makes a difference? I use a coconut oil, beeswax, jojoba, and primrose oil balm after I wash my hair with a shampoo bar and acv rinse... So there is a leave in conditioner, but zero cones. That being said if I oil with pure coconut, then wo the next day I can scrunch in MAJOR curls! I'll have the wet look depending on how much oil I've put in, but it looks fantastic! I just usually can't stand the oil in my hair over 24 hours cause it gets into my face, but my hair loves it.

Rebeccalaurenxx
August 8th, 2017, 04:23 PM
I think because I don't use leave-in products in my hair so there is no products to reactivate, rewetting doesn't seem to help at all. It makes my hair very frizzy.

Yeah my hair is the opposite. The longer I stretch washes the frizzier it gets. But I also live in dry, hot, California. To spritz every other day between washes seems to work. I can actually go a good week without washing this way, while before I was shampooing every 2-3 days.

animetor7
August 8th, 2017, 04:44 PM
I do this, particularly in the winter when my hair gets drier. I tend to stretch washes more in the winter, so my ends can sometimes dry out because of the central heating where I live even though I wear it up every day. I use a mister with water with some essential oils and a dash of conditioner in it, and usually follow up the misting with some coconut oil. I always wait for my hair to then dry fully before putting it up again.

Rebeccalaurenxx
August 8th, 2017, 07:04 PM
This is part of the LOC/LCO method, the re-wetting can happen but is not a must. The link is in my signature to that method, but it's not often talked about there, just a heads' up.

I don't re-wet. I think it's a faff. My hair usually still feels okay by weeks' end. A bit drier, yes, but not dry enough to go through the hassle of re-wetting it (spraying with a sprayer, re-sealing). So I just leave it.

I think it's more of an issue when you don't wear it up.

I didnt think this was LCO/LOC, I thought LCO/LOC was done only on wash day normally?
Im already doing LOC/LCO when I hop out the shower.

I have to say since I started doing this, my ends feel and look better, less splits and breakage.

Reyn127
August 8th, 2017, 07:13 PM
I definitely wet my hair sometimes if my ends are particularly dry and knotty. I usually just dampen the ends and rub a bit of oil on them.

Dark40
August 8th, 2017, 09:03 PM
Yep, I've just started doing this today. It really does help giving my hair some moisture, and it also helps with detangling it too.

Rebeccalaurenxx
August 8th, 2017, 09:50 PM
well, at least now i know im... "normal" lol

spidermom
August 8th, 2017, 10:58 PM
When my hair was long, I avoided getting it wet too often because hygral fatigue is a thing.

animetor7
August 8th, 2017, 11:18 PM
When my hair was long, I avoided getting it wet too often because hygral fatigue is a thing.

I wonder how serious it actually is, because you always hear about hydral fatigue and it's one of the reasons to stretch washing, but then there are also ladies on here like CinnamonHair who completely wet and (CO) wash every day and have healthy knee length (beyond now?) hair. Thoughts?

Rebeccalaurenxx
August 8th, 2017, 11:23 PM
I wonder how serious it actually is, because you always hear about hydral fatigue and it's one of the reasons to stretch washing, but then there are also ladies on here like CinnamonHair who completely wet and (CO) wash every day and have healthy knee length (beyond now?) hair. Thoughts?

Personally, I dont understand what hydral fatigue is. I have never experienced it..or I have and never knew. I give my hair moisture about 80% of the time during my hair care routine, and when I use protein its..not as great of a result, or I need moisture along with it. I need a little of both, but my hair needs way more moisture. Maybe its because I am wavy/curly, so I require more moisture, but I dont know if my hair has ever been "too soft"...

MsPharaohMoan
August 8th, 2017, 11:33 PM
We all have different levels of damage proneness.

LadyCelestina
August 9th, 2017, 02:14 AM
Over the years on LHC, I've learned that the only damage that matters is the one that you mind having to deal with. Yes, maybe on microscopic level, wetting the hair daily causes damage to my hair. But, I have next to no splits and breakage. Tangles are greatly reduced this way. I do have frizz, but I'd have frizz anyway if I didn't re-wet it.

However, just because I don't see any ill effects from wetting my hair daily, doesn't mean that everybody will have the same experience. So... acknowledge that it probably is damaging, but if your hair needs it in the long run, do it. Combing and brushing is damaging in theory too, but we need it.

Siri
August 9th, 2017, 02:27 AM
I wash my hair every other day so there really isn't that much time in between washings.

Cherriezzzzz
August 9th, 2017, 06:39 AM
Personally, I dont understand what hydral fatigue is. I have never experienced it..or I have and never knew. I give my hair moisture about 80% of the time during my hair care routine, and when I use protein its..not as great of a result, or I need moisture along with it. I need a little of both, but my hair needs way more moisture. Maybe its because I am wavy/curly, so I require more moisture, but I dont know if my hair has ever been "too soft"...

I'm with you here... I've never heard of it and it sounds like something swimmers may have had before swim caps... water doesn't change the hair structure? Idk... one's hair would have to be in a constant state of dripping wetness. But then I'd more worry about one's hair growing mold before anything.

pili
August 9th, 2017, 07:49 AM
I wet my hair daily and grew from shoulder to hip with no cuts (CG) and very few splits. I didn't even trim in that time and always wore it down. I think we are all different. I also never brushed during that time.

Lisa-K
August 9th, 2017, 08:23 AM
I've tried that before and it does nothing for me. My hair looks better if I simply wait between washes and don't wet it in between.

animetor7
August 9th, 2017, 10:06 AM
We all have different levels of damage proneness.

Over the years on LHC, I've learned that the only damage that matters is the one that you mind having to deal with. Yes, maybe on microscopic level, wetting the hair daily causes damage to my hair. But, I have next to no splits and breakage. Tangles are greatly reduced this way. I do have frizz, but I'd have frizz anyway if I didn't re-wet it.

However, just because I don't see any ill effects from wetting my hair daily, doesn't mean that everybody will have the same experience. So... acknowledge that it probably is damaging, but if your hair needs it in the long run, do it. Combing and brushing is damaging in theory too, but we need it.

Oh sure, maybe some people do experience damage from wetting daily. It just used to be something that a lot of threads were started about on this forum and a lot of people were very concerned with avoiding damage from hydral fatigue. I just was more curious as it's really as bad as those threads made it out to be, or if it's more of a microscopic wear and tear type of thing similar to detangling, wearing hair down, or even braiding and such as the strands rub together some. That's all, just curiosity, no judgment about how people try to avoid damage in different ways or experience different types of damage.

LadyCelestina
August 9th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Oh sure, maybe some people do experience damage from wetting daily. It just used to be something that a lot of threads were started about on this forum and a lot of people were very concerned with avoiding damage from hydral fatigue. I just was more curious as it's really as bad as those threads made it out to be, or if it's more of a microscopic wear and tear type of thing similar to detangling, wearing hair down, or even braiding and such as the strands rub together some. That's all, just curiosity, no judgment about how people try to avoid damage in different ways or experience different types of damage.

Personally (but just totally my opinion), I think it's a "low to moderate" on damage level... maybe similar to wearing hair down or blow drying or damp bunning... since it's well known about nails for example that submerging them in water a lot makes them brittle and weak, same goes for skin, it would kinda make sense that it's also not great for hair :) yeah I know I'm super scientific here :D

Rebeccalaurenxx
August 9th, 2017, 10:52 AM

I'm just questioning why people would be more concerned about hydral fatigue then say: how fragile hair is when it's wet. I understand the potential for damage. But hydral fatigue for me is not a concern because this is STILL better than shampooing daily! Which is what I was pretty much doing. I was shampooing almost daily before to revive my hair because I thought shampooing was my only option to rid myself of the drying and tangled hair, and I know other users that do the same, and other users never bat an eye at that. Hydral fatigue is never brought up. And because I'm spritzing my ends instead I am able to stretch days between exposing my hair to shampoo. I'm not washing away the medical shampoo on my scalp and my ends are happy because they get some water again. Daily shampooing requires much more water and much more manipulation thus more chances for damage. I'm not drenching the hair either.

So I just don't get the concern for hydral fatigue. It seems like a less damaging option to me vs. shampooing. Thanks to everyone for bringing it up, but I don't think I need to be concerned about it.

LadyCelestina
August 9th, 2017, 11:23 AM
I'm just questioning why people would be more concerned about hydral fatigue then say: how fragile hair is when it's wet. I understand the potential for damage. But hydral fatigue for me is not a concern because this is STILL better than shampooing daily! Which is what I was pretty much doing. I was shampooing almost daily before to revive my hair because I thought shampooing was my only option to rid myself of the drying and tangled hair, and I know other users that do the same, and other users never bat an eye at that. Hydral fatigue is never brought up. And because I'm spritzing my ends instead I am able to stretch days between exposing my hair to shampoo. I'm not washing away the medical shampoo on my scalp and my ends are happy because they get some water again. Daily shampooing requires much more water and much more manipulation thus more chances for damage. I'm not drenching the hair either.

So I just don't get the concern for hydral fatigue. It seems like a less damaging option to me vs. shampooing. Thanks to everyone for bringing it up, but I don't think I need to be concerned about it.
I think it's bought up because it can (maybe) happen from frequently wetting the hair, and it's something that should be taken into account - for example if your hair is very fragile or damaged :).

People who wash daily probably also know that there's more potential for damage, but they need or want to do it this way, because it brings other benefits. For example I wash my hair every 1-2 days usually, because I detangle while wet and I like my hair/scalp clean. It's not ideal and hair healthy, but it works for me. eta: and yes I re-wet my hair in between washing a lot :D

meteor
August 9th, 2017, 12:46 PM

Hygral fatigue is not very heavily researched directly, but this study quickly mentioned it in an interesting way: Hair Shaft Damage from Heat and Drying Time of Hair Dryer - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3229938/
They demonstrated (mostly in SEM and TEM imagery) damage on all hair samples - air-dried and blow-dried, and only unwashed control sample remained unchanged - no bulging of the cell-membrane-complex, no cracking/missing cuticles, no color fading, no moisture loss.
And this study showed protein loss with every wash cycle (with coconut oil reducing it): Effect of mineral oil, sunflower oil, and coconut oil on prevention of hair damage - http://www.beauty-review.nl/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Effect-of-mineral-oil-sunflower-oil-and-coconut-oil-on-prevention-of-hair-damage.pdf.

As far as specific cases are concerned, I think it can be super-helpful, but also a bit misleading, since there are a lot of outlier kinds of situations.
I notice CinnamonHair's name often pops up on the LHC specifically in connection with daily washing (arguably not the most typical washing frequency at knee length due to convenience alone), just like MINAKO's name pops up a lot in connection with keratin straightening. I think this isn't necessarily typical and this isn't to say that CinnamonHair's hair wouldn't be just as great without daily washing, for example. My hair is at knee without splits/white dots, but I have ancient bleach highlights from elbows down, and I had much shorter hair without any bleach before, and none of that means that bleach isn't very seriously damaging. There are many, many ways (and routines) of getting to extreme lengths, hair is resilient, and it ultimately boils down to not cutting it off and protecting it from extreme damage where possible. But I think all extremely long hair past a certain point will have some damage, even from weathering from environmental factors alone (think UV damage - it takes only 200 hours in the sun, or 30 min a day for just over a year! - True Porosity Measurement of Hair: A New Way of Study Hair Damage Mechanisms - http://www.beauty-review.nl/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/True-porosity-measurement-of-hair-A-new-way-to-study-hair-damage-mechanisms.pdf)

meteor
August 9th, 2017, 12:58 PM
To answer the OP's question, I do this very rarely, mostly when it's super-dry here (in winter) and when my hair doesn't need washing yet and the ends feel dry - I just run wet hands over the lengths and ends and then seal with a bit of leave-in and/or oil/serum, like a mini-LOC. This is also helpful for prepping hair for overnight damp-setting - my waves hold/look better after this step.

Dendra
August 9th, 2017, 05:58 PM

This. Also, like I said before, I don't even know if one could get hygral fatigue from misting.

I'm with you here... I've never heard of it and it sounds like something swimmers may have had before swim caps... water doesn't change the hair structure? Idk... one's hair would have to be in a constant state of dripping wetness. But then I'd more worry about one's hair growing mold before anything.

I read on the Beauty Brains that water penetrates your hair shaft, causing it to swell and then contract as your hair dries, and that over time and many repeated wettings this can lead the cuticle to buckle. I can't find the article now otherwise I'd link...

It's definitely less damaging than shampooing, and if it helps you then it's all good.

raemarthe
August 9th, 2017, 06:12 PM
I shower every 3 days and condition and style ( without cowashing or shampooing), and cowash once every week. On the second day after the shower I sometimes coax my curls back if they need it, or if my hair is super dry. I just wet my hands and smooth them onto my hair.

Kitteny
August 10th, 2017, 01:58 AM
I lightly condition my ends and rinse my scalp down with as-cold-as-I-can-take green tea in between washes. The green tea is really cleansing for my scalp and the conditioner of course helps restore moisture.

Alibran
August 10th, 2017, 10:50 AM
I used to re wet all the time, before I discovered coconut oil as a moisture/styling product. For me, the benefit was that it refreshed my curls, and made them round and springy again, rather than squished on one side where I'd slept on them. The coconut oil seems to do a similar job - I can shake them out when I get up, and within an hour, they've regained their bounce.

At the moment, I'm wetting every day because it's really hot, and putting my hair in a damp French braid is very cooling.

My take on possible damage is that you have to find a balance. Last time I had long hair (TBL, about 10 years ago), I got to the point where my hair was starting to rule my life because I was so worried about damaging it. Now, I've accepted that you have to be prepared for a certain amount of damage to have hair looking the way you want it to look, and it's just a case of deciding how much damage is acceptable.

Cherriezzzzz
August 10th, 2017, 11:33 AM
" I read on the Beauty Brains that water penetrates your hair shaft, causing it to swell and then contract as your hair dries, and that over time and many repeated wettings this can lead the cuticle to buckle. "

I'm still learning to use this forum LoL sorry about the odd quote form!

I would buy this if the cuticle was a solid, single form. But it is not. It is like roof shingles. It cannot "buckle?" You can rough up cuticle (without damage) and smooth it back down (like in brushing.)

However there are two other parts to the hair shaft I WOULD say are much more prone to exactly what you are describing, so I'll just look at it from that standpoint. Cuticle isn't susceptible to water damage, (that's why we can heat style, perm, and colour ALL hair types without melting the cuticle) but the rest of the shaft could be water damaged ESPECIALLY if the cuticle does become damaged.

I'll have to recant. I can totally see what this fatigue is all about haha

I refuse to give up my belief in mermaids with long, glorious hair! Hehehe

LadyCelestina
August 10th, 2017, 12:04 PM
" I read on the Beauty Brains that water penetrates your hair shaft, causing it to swell and then contract as your hair dries, and that over time and many repeated wettings this can lead the cuticle to buckle. "

I would buy this if the cuticle was a solid, single form. But it is not. It is like roof shingles. It cannot "buckle?" You can rough up cuticle (without damage) and smooth it back down (like in brushing.)

However there are two other parts to the hair shaft I WOULD say are much more prone to exactly what you are describing, so I'll just look at it from that standpoint. Cuticle isn't susceptible to water damage, (that's why we can heat style, perm, and colour ALL hair types without melting the cuticle) but the rest of the shaft could be water damaged ESPECIALLY if the cuticle does become damaged.

I'll have to recant. I can totally see what this fatigue is all about haha

I refuse to give up my belief in mermaids with long, glorious hair! Hehehe

To quote, you have to hit Reply with Quote button - it's bottom right under every post. You will then see the text surrounded by brackets with the word QUOTE in them. You can edit whatever text is between. And to quote only a certain part of the post, you can either bold the part you want to quote (see above) by selecting it with mouse (as if you were trying to copy it) and hitting the B in the top panel of your quote form, or by deleting the unnecessary parts of the message, like this

Hope this helps! :)

Anje
August 10th, 2017, 01:12 PM
For what it's worth, I mention hygral fatigue because for me, putting my hair up damp/wet means that it's still damp/wet when I let it down again in the evening. It really will not dry when it's put up, but the hair strands will feel weird after that. Daily rewetting and damp bunning would probably be very bad for my hair, though rewetting and allowing it to dry fairly quickly likely wouldn't be an issue. This is something you do have to consider with regard to your own hair.

Alibran
August 10th, 2017, 03:39 PM
Question for those who are bringing up hygral fatigue ... I hope it's OK to ask it here, since it's relevant to this discussion.

We've been having a very humid summer here this year, and my hair has been constantly damp - with sweat - since about the beginning of July. That's about 6 weeks of never being properly dry, and there's nothing I can do about it. I've always taken care that my hair is completely dry before I braid it or put it up after washing, but recently I've stopped bothering, and started damp braiding because I figure there's no point in waiting for it to dry. It isn't going to dry! What's the difference between damp with sweat and damp with water? And is one better or worse than the other?

Hairkay
August 10th, 2017, 03:48 PM
I'm used to getting my hair wet daily and on the hottest days that might happen twice because I'll be in the shower twice. I don't worry over hydral fatigue at all. I put a tiny bit of oil on the oldest hair ends and that's it. My hair can get too dry if it isn't moisturised daily and with my tight curls that means hair breaking off. My hair always looks it's best after being hydrated.

Cherriezzzzz
August 10th, 2017, 04:12 PM
To quote, you have to hit Reply with Quote button - it's bottom right under every post. You will then see the text surrounded by brackets with the word QUOTE in them. You can edit whatever text is between. And to quote only a certain part of the post, you can either bold the part you want to quote (see above) by selecting it with mouse (as if you were trying to copy it) and hitting the B in the top panel of your quote form, or by deleting the unnecessary parts of the message, like this

Hope this helps! :)

I wish it did...I know the above in theory, but often times I look at my posts and their commonly messed up. I think ALL my posts have that "last edited by...." underneath them... :/ can I blame my smart phone lol?!

spidermom
August 10th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Folks, it's hygral fatigue, not hydral fatigue. And it IS the cuticle that gets damaged. As they raise and lower with the swelling of the hair shaft from moisture, the edges abrade against each other and erode. They can and do buckle from it. The shingles on my father's roof are buckling and curling, too.

P.S: When my ends were long and thus old, I think I had serious issue with water damage. My ends were absolutely disintegrating, and I did all the usual LHC stuff to take care of them, from oiling to moisture treatments to protective styles. About the only thing I didn't try was SO/NW. I had to wash it every 3-4 days to maintain my desired level of hygiene.

Andthetalltrees
August 10th, 2017, 05:52 PM
I always thought hydral fatigue was more about the super curly/kinky hair types that get a lot of shrinkage from being wet and being damaged from that severe shrinkage repetitively?

spidermom
August 10th, 2017, 08:15 PM
I always thought hydral fatigue was more about the super curly/kinky hair types that get a lot of shrinkage from being wet and being damaged from that severe shrinkage repetitively?

No, to my understanding (which admittedly isn't always perfect), hygral fatigue has to do with cuticle opening and closing because water makes the hair shaft swell.

LadyCelestina
August 11th, 2017, 12:48 AM
I wish it did...I know the above in theory, but often times I look at my posts and their commonly messed up. I think ALL my posts have that "last edited by...." underneath them... :/ can I blame my smart phone lol?!

Yeah I thought you might be on phone :D I don't go on LHC on phone at all, the site shows all messed up and none of the links can be clicked.

Meggypoo
August 11th, 2017, 01:47 AM
I mist my hair in the AM with a spritzer filled with distilled water mixed with a few tbsp vinegar and a few drops of tea tree oil. The reason I mix with vinegar is because the low pH helps tame my frizz (1). I'm a curly and I have almost NO frizz anymore, it's incredible. My boyfriend says it makes me smell like chips :) and he loves how soft my hair has become. I still get great volume. The smell goes away after a few minutes. Additionally the moisture dissipates after mere minutes but the smoothness remains.

1 - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4158629/

Meggypoo
August 11th, 2017, 02:02 AM
Ah I should mention that while the paper I linked Is researching shampoo, I am specifically interested in and referring to the section entitled pH: definition and importance.