PDA

View Full Version : cornrows braids

dogyleo
August 6th, 2017, 08:00 PM
Hello every one

i will travel in a week, and iam thinking of braiding my hair in cornrows. However, I want to know if i can braid my hair into cornrows if it is tangled or some how forming dreads?

Secondly, iam traveling for a vacation so i will swim daily, so does the sea or pool water will ruin the braids or my hair?
Iam new to cornrows braiding, so i there is anything i should know?

Shorty89
August 6th, 2017, 08:35 PM
I haven't done true cornrows, but I've done small braids before. I think that if you have dreads, you won't be able to braid without taking the dreads out. As for swimming, I think if you keep the hair oiled, you should be okay.

dogyleo
August 6th, 2017, 09:00 PM
I dont have dreads but my hair are tangled up

longmane
August 6th, 2017, 09:26 PM
I went swimming with braids and I didn't take them out after. My hair got really tangled because the salt made my hair more texturized like how the hair feels after shampooing where the cuticles are raised.

H o n є y ❤
August 6th, 2017, 11:37 PM
Don't braid your hair while it is tangled. As stated above, swimming or sweating while in cornrows may result in tangling, even while taking them down. All of these things can cause breakage, especially of you leave them in too long.

Siv
August 7th, 2017, 04:44 AM
I've no idea what texture you have or if this goes for all hair types, but mine tend to be easier to detangle if I wet and positively slather it in cheap conditioner and massage it into my hair really thoroughly. I let the conditioner sit for ~10 min or so and then carefully finger detangle. Depending on how knotted it is, this might take awhile. I wonder if this could work for you, both to detangle before cornrow braiding, and perhaps again when you want to take the cornrows out?

Hairkay
August 7th, 2017, 06:26 AM
Detangle your hair then braid/plait or twist it. According to how you hair reacts it may be able to last up to 5-7 days in braids/plaits after getting it wet daily. I'm talking from my own experience since I water rinse daily and keep my hair done in braids/plaits mostly for a week at a time. It's best not to make the braids/plaits too small or numerous so they'll be easier to manage and if the few in the front need refreshing they can be redone in a few minutes.

Oh, after swimming rinse or wash your hair thoroughly as soon as you get out of the water.

YvetteVarie
August 7th, 2017, 06:31 AM
Hello every one

i will travel in a week, and iam thinking of braiding my hair in cornrows. However, I want to know if i can braid my hair into cornrows if it is tangled or some how forming dreads?

Secondly, iam traveling for a vacation so i will swim daily, so does the sea or pool water will ruin the braids or my hair?
Iam new to cornrows braiding, so i there is anything i should know?

I have had cornrows done a lot. Your hair needs to be properly detangled so that whoever is doing your hair won't rip at your hair and destroy it. I think when swimming, rinsing your hair will be necessary, and conditioning it after swims might help. I have never swam lot without washing my hair thoroughly after, so I am not too sure how hair reacts to not being thoroughly washed after swimming