PDA

View Full Version : The Sleep Styler curlers?

my2cats1
August 5th, 2017, 09:52 AM
Have any of you tried The Sleep Styler no-heat rollers? https://www.thesleepstyler.com/
I'll admit I'm curious.... but I don't see how they would stay in all night.

Larki
August 5th, 2017, 02:44 PM
I want to, but no! I do have curlformers that are fabulous, but not comfortable for sleeping so eventually I would like to try these!

Sarahlabyrinth
August 5th, 2017, 03:34 PM
Do I - see velcro on the ends of these? :shudder:

lapushka
August 5th, 2017, 03:48 PM
Those look interesting for extra long hair! You can roll it all up on the longest rollers and still have it contained. Neat.

Sarah, I think the velcro is to secure the elastic to the roller, and will not come in direct contact with the hair.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 5th, 2017, 03:55 PM
Those look interesting for extra long hair! You can roll it all up on the longest rollers and still have it contained. Neat.

Sarah, I think the velcro is to secure the elastic to the roller, and will not come in direct contact with the hair.

But I don't see how it wouldn't come in contact with the hair and particularly if you are lying in bed and tossing and turning, the roller moves a little and then the velcro has stuck itself to your scalp hair...

Alaska98
August 5th, 2017, 09:06 PM
I've not tried these, but they're giant. I can't stand to sleep on a braid. Definitely not for me.

my2cats1
August 6th, 2017, 09:32 AM
yes, they are big. They're also made of memory foam -- the same stuff many pillows are made from -- so I wonder if people toss their pillow aside and sleep right on these? they may be just the right height to replace the pillow.

Siv
August 7th, 2017, 03:56 AM
I just watched a YouTube review (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5siWsZ4gVKU&t=673s)of these a few days ago! The YouTuber says she'd watched a lot of reviews where they got perfect curls using these, but she herself couldn't get them right without a bunch of weird kinks in her curls. Said she thought they weren't very user friendly at all and needed a lot of practise and trial&error.

Alaska98
August 7th, 2017, 01:27 PM
And her hair isn't curly... Lol

Morrigana
August 9th, 2017, 01:58 PM
I have those. I was really hopeful that I had finally found a solution to tame my hair without heat but now that I've tried them several times, I have to give up because they're just not working. They're not very comfortable to sleep on, but thats not a problem for me. I'm willing to suffer a little if they would give me even a decent hair day. I've seen a lot of photos people having smooth and big curling wand type of waves with these, but all I get is a big mess of curls, waves and frizz. I think you need to have the right hair type to get these work and the type is not fine, frizzy 2b-c like I have. I've never had any problems with that my hair wouldn't hold the curl, my problem is that I get too tight curls even with a regular braid.

My hair is APL length now and I will give them another chance when I reach BSL.

The velcro in the end is not a problem at all. Your hair is wrapped around the roller and it will be secured with the strap. The end of the strap is fastened to the velcro. The velcro in the end of the roller is the softer type of velcro. There is a small piece of "harder" velcro in the end of the strap, but it stays secured all night and wont's strip your hair.

my2cats1
August 9th, 2017, 07:25 PM
thanks for sharing, Morrigana!