PDA

View Full Version : Im so upset!

Rebeccalaurenxx
August 1st, 2017, 04:57 PM
I took my car today to have it cleaned, and the guys threw away literally almost everything.
Worst of all they threw away one of my favorite hair sticks. They literally just grabbed everything.
They even went so far as to grab paperwork I neatly organized, in an area of the car they dont usually clean out, but they did this time.
Im so upset.. Now i'm one hair fork short AGAIN. :(

VersLaLumière
August 1st, 2017, 05:10 PM
Wow did you pay? If so I would talk to management and ask for a refund, *and* compensation for the hair accessory. I'm sorry to hear this happened, I would be upset too!!

I say "accessory" because in real world terms I doubt those people have ever heard of a hair stick, and if it were me I wouldn't want to have to explain it. They already lack basic common sense, having thrown out your stuff without asking.

Wildcat Diva
August 1st, 2017, 05:15 PM
Uh, somebody's head would be rolling.

VersLaLumière
August 1st, 2017, 05:17 PM
Uh, somebody's head would be rolling.

Yup. Pretty much.

school of fish
August 1st, 2017, 05:45 PM
Oh my, that is inexcuseable! How can that company possibly justify throwing out people's personal possesions? Management needs to know, and they need to compensate you somehow.

My car just broke down last Thursday and had to be towed to get fixed - picked it up today and the pizza box with the untouched slice I had left in it was still there!! A bit yuck, sure - but they didn't touch a THING inside. In retrospect I should have asked them to throw out the pizza, but I digress...

Your cleaners may have had to move items to do their job, but they had no right to throw any of those items away. Raise hell!

enting
August 1st, 2017, 05:51 PM
Whoa! You went to have it cleaned, not cleaned out in the sense of ransacked! Definitely alert management, who knows what else these people are removing from people's cars. If they need the car to have everything you want removed first, they need to stipulate that.
I'm so sorry about the hairfork loss, and the loss of anything else you wanted that was in there. Is the fork replaceable?

Rebeccalaurenxx
August 1st, 2017, 05:55 PM
Wow did you pay? If so I would talk to management and ask for a refund, *and* compensation for the hair accessory. I'm sorry to hear this happened, I would be upset too!!

I say "accessory" because in real world terms I doubt those people have ever heard of a hair stick, and if it were me I wouldn't want to have to explain it. They already lack basic common sense, having thrown out your stuff without asking.

yeah, you pay before you even get your car back. I hate that place, never going back and left a negative yelp review.
Sadly I dont think they would refund me.. they didnt give a receipt and by the time I got home it had been a few hours. :(

Rebeccalaurenxx
August 1st, 2017, 05:57 PM
Whoa! You went to have it cleaned, not cleaned out in the sense of ransacked! Definitely alert management, who knows what else these people are removing from people's cars. If they need the car to have everything you want removed first, they need to stipulate that.
I'm so sorry about the hairfork loss, and the loss of anything else you wanted that was in there. Is the fork replaceable?

Whats weird, is there was Canadian money sitting in my back seat untouched. I dont think they were taking things on purpose, they probably just saw a stick and didnt think it was actually SOMETHING. Cause men. Yes and no, a user here made it for me, special. Im sure it wasnt expensive and I could go on etsy and find another one, but it sucks that I have to buy a new fork to begin with and lost one a kind person made for me.

enting
August 1st, 2017, 06:23 PM
That really is strange.
Sometimes the things of sentimental value are the hardest to replace :( .

school of fish
August 1st, 2017, 06:28 PM
Whats weird, is there was Canadian money sitting in my back seat untouched. I dont think they were taking things on purpose, they probably just saw a stick and didnt think it was actually SOMETHING. Cause men. Yes and no, a user here made it for me, special. Im sure it wasnt expensive and I could go on etsy and find another one, but it sucks that I have to buy a new fork to begin with and lost one a kind person made for me.

It doesn't matter *what* they deemed unworthy to keep - it's not their right to assign value to a customer's belongings. You NEVER know what might have sentimental value to someone - even a scrap of paper with a few scrawled words can be priceless to someone. You need to let them know directly so that at a bare minimum they don't do this to someone else.

Rebeccalaurenxx
August 1st, 2017, 06:49 PM
It doesn't matter *what* they deemed unworthy to keep - it's not their right to assign value to a customer's belongings. You NEVER know what might have sentimental value to someone - even a scrap of paper with a few scrawled words can be priceless to someone. You need to let them know directly so that at a bare minimum they don't do this to someone else.

I have a feeling they wouldn't care. The cashier is rude and the people that work there just get you in and out. :/ They have a really bad rating on yelp, which I never thought to check since other experiences seemed fine.

spidermom
August 1st, 2017, 07:20 PM
I had something similar years ago. I had rolled up a necklace in tissue because I didn't want the chain moving around in my suitcase and possibly getting hopelessly tangled. I laid it out on the dresser with the tissue still on it after we got to our destination, and the cleaning staff threw it out.

Rebeccalaurenxx
August 1st, 2017, 07:50 PM
I had something similar years ago. I had rolled up a necklace in tissue because I didn't want the chain moving around in my suitcase and possibly getting hopelessly tangled. I laid it out on the dresser with the tissue still on it after we got to our destination, and the cleaning staff threw it out.

THATS SO BAD Im so sorry

school of fish
August 1st, 2017, 08:18 PM
I have a feeling they wouldn't care. The cashier is rude and the people that work there just get you in and out. :/ They have a really bad rating on yelp, which I never thought to check since other experiences seemed fine.

I'm just mad on your behalf... I'm really sorry this happened to you :(

Rebeccalaurenxx
August 1st, 2017, 08:36 PM
I'm just mad on your behalf... I'm really sorry this happened to you :(

I'm mad still too! :( ugh. I don't want to buy a new fork but I guess I'll have to.

lithostoic
August 1st, 2017, 08:54 PM
Are you kidding me? Don't let them get away with that what the ****. I'd be screaming at the manager, for sure. And I'm not the type of person to complain.

Rebeccalaurenxx
August 1st, 2017, 09:37 PM
Are you kidding me? Don't let them get away with that what the ****. I'd be screaming at the manager, for sure. And I'm not the type of person to complain.

I want to, I just am not confrontational at all :/

Dendra
August 2nd, 2017, 03:26 AM
I want to, I just am not confrontational at all :/

I know the way you feel, I'm very non-confrontational and it annoys me because some people need to be confronted. Maybe there's something to be gained from speaking to them, but from the way you described the staff you might only get a reaction if you shouted.

I'm so sorry, I really feel for you. They must know what they did is wrong? And spidermom I'm sorry about your necklace too.

RileyAnn
August 2nd, 2017, 07:06 AM
I would talk to a manager and see if there is any chance they are laying around somewhere. The person/people who cleaned your car might have taken the items out to clean and meant to put them back in, but forgot.

Were there and electronics or jewelry missing? Any important paperwork, like the car registration, insurance paperwork, or manual?

RileyAnn
August 2nd, 2017, 07:15 AM
My mom always keeps cloth grocery bags in the trunk, and before we check in, she has me take all our stuff that we don't want bothered out and put it in the bag. My main concern is my $200 riding helmet we keep in there, or my Starbucks drink that I probably have. Once, when I was a baby they took my favorite toy out, and my mom told me she yelled at them until they took it out of the trash!

Rebeccalaurenxx
August 2nd, 2017, 10:48 AM
I know the way you feel, I'm very non-confrontational and it annoys me because some people need to be confronted. Maybe there's something to be gained from speaking to them, but from the way you described the staff you might only get a reaction if you shouted.

I'm so sorry, I really feel for you. They must know what they did is wrong? And spidermom I'm sorry about your necklace too.

I can be confrontational if I'm very in tune with the situation and know exactly what to say. But since I know how these employees are, and now that it's been almost 24 hours since, I'm kind of lost in this situation which makes me nervous and if there's no confidence in me then it just isn't a very good idea :/
I don't have a receipt, and there's hundreds of people coming through every hour or so.

Carolyn
August 2nd, 2017, 11:04 AM
i would have demanded they go through the trash and find my stuff. I might have called the police on the spot and reported a theft from my car.

DesertUnicorn
August 2nd, 2017, 11:37 AM
I took my car today to have it cleaned, and the guys threw away literally almost everything.
Worst of all they threw away one of my favorite hair sticks. They literally just grabbed everything.
They even went so far as to grab paperwork I neatly organized, in an area of the car they dont usually clean out, but they did this time.
Im so upset.. Now i'm one hair fork short AGAIN. :(

I can sympathize. I had that happen once with things that were CLEARLY not trash. Ever since, I've always either washed it myself or removed everything from the car. Or once or twice I've put everything in the trunk with very clear instructions to them that they are not even to THINK about opening the trunk to clean it.

So sorry that happened!

lapushka
August 2nd, 2017, 11:50 AM
Maybe I'm missing the point here, but if you go and get your car *cleaned* on the inside, a service we don't have here in Belgium, isn't all that's in it supposed to be trashable? I mean, why leave it in there in the first place when going through such a service, that's my question.

DesertUnicorn
August 2nd, 2017, 02:00 PM
Maybe I'm missing the point here, but if you go and get your car *cleaned* on the inside, a service we don't have here in Belgium, isn't all that's in it supposed to be trashable? I mean, why leave it in there in the first place when going through such a service, that's my question.

In general unless you go somewhere for expensive "detailing" just going to a carwash that "cleans" the inside usually just entails vacuuming the carpets and cleaning the inside of the windows. Occasionally they'll throw out stuff that is clearly trash -- an old softdrink cup, kleenex, etc. But after my experience, I'm not inclined to trust a place anyway.

Rebeccalaurenxx
August 2nd, 2017, 03:14 PM

No. Thats not how it works here. They are supposed to leave whats in the car - in the car. They are supposed to vacuum only, and are not supposed to take things out. When I take my car I usually have camping equipment and towels ETC because I travel and explore a lot. They threw everything that was a thing, into the back seat, including some trash. Trash and things thrown all around. But for some reason they took the things in the slit in my passengers side door out into the trash, and only the things that were in the passengers seat got chucked. Medical papers I had obviously organized into the slit. Real ticked because I think its pretty clear what is trash and what is not, and someone obviously just did not care enough to even think twice about throwing away my things. They leaved the **** in my cup holders alone though. Which was c00l. Whatever.

vega
August 2nd, 2017, 03:37 PM
Where I'm from all valuables are supposed to be taken out,if something is lost they take no ownership in that , hope you feel OK soon

radiofreejenn
August 2nd, 2017, 03:54 PM
As someone who has previously worked at 2 car dealerships, anything left inside is your problem and not the problem of the company when sent to cleaning/detail. Personal items are always supposed to be removed as a liability in cases such as this.

DesertUnicorn
August 2nd, 2017, 04:10 PM
As someone who has previously worked at 2 car dealerships, anything left inside is your problem and not the problem of the company when sent to cleaning/detail. Personal items are always supposed to be removed as a liability in cases such as this.

I think for a honest to goodness detail that is true everywhere. But a lot of "full service" car washes exist where it is assembly line style. You get out and employees jump in and vacuum, then the car goes on a track through the car wash, and employees at the end wash the windows inside and out and dry the car. And you have the car back 5 minutes later. Generally they're not supposed to throw out anything that isn't absolutely trash, but after one bad experience, I think many people feel that it's better safe than sorry.

Rebeccalaurenxx
August 2nd, 2017, 05:22 PM

My car was not detailed. It was brought through an automatic wash, the men hand dry and are not supposed to do anything else unless you pay for detailing. A car dealership does not clean like an automatic wash.

Deborah
August 3rd, 2017, 01:22 AM
I would go back and ask for (make that DEMAND) my stuff back. They had no right to remove your personal items.

lapushka
August 3rd, 2017, 06:17 AM
No. Thats not how it works here. They are supposed to leave whats in the car - in the car. They are supposed to vacuum only, and are not supposed to take things out. When I take my car I usually have camping equipment and towels ETC because I travel and explore a lot. They threw everything that was a thing, into the back seat, including some trash. Trash and things thrown all around. But for some reason they took the things in the slit in my passengers side door out into the trash, and only the things that were in the passengers seat got chucked. Medical papers I had obviously organized into the slit. Real ticked because I think its pretty clear what is trash and what is not, and someone obviously just did not care enough to even think twice about throwing away my things. They leaved the **** in my cup holders alone though. Which was c00l. Whatever.

In any case, I would not want anyone seeing all my private stuff (in my car) just like that, so I would have removed everything, but that's just me; we're all different. When my mom's car, or my dad's car, goes in to the garage, they remove everything, even my walker in the trunk (that thing goes with us everywhere). Cause... you never know. And you truly never know!

Maybe next time, clear your car. You'll never have issues again that way. For sure! And maybe that's what you're gonna have to do if things like this happen (that shouldn't).

littlestarface
August 3rd, 2017, 09:44 AM
Did you check around places you had been that day? Maybe it got misplaced or lost somewhere else?

Rebeccalaurenxx
August 3rd, 2017, 10:15 AM
Did you check around places you had been that day? Maybe it got misplaced or lost somewhere else?

No, I moved it and it hid it in the slit before handing my car over. So I know they threw it out.

Cherriezzzzz
August 3rd, 2017, 11:43 AM
Ha I'd be in their garbage cans dumping the trash out to find it... But I'm a cloth diaper mom, so nothing's off limits for me! You might find other cool treasures from other people's stuff! (J/k... sort of...;) my guess is they keep that stuff. A hair tool looks like it's worth keeping... I suspect this bc they didn't throw your cup holder contents out. Bring an alpha male friend or family member with you hehe

RileyAnn
August 3rd, 2017, 02:28 PM
I can't even drive yet, but if I was in your situation, I'd go back and be SCREAMING my head off at the manager and insist they go through the trash and find everything! I'm a pretty confrontational person honestly. Just use girl power and go do it!

Cherriezzzzz
August 4th, 2017, 04:35 PM
I can't even drive yet, but if I was in your situation, I'd go back and be SCREAMING my head off at the manager and insist they go through the trash and find everything! I'm a pretty confrontational person honestly. Just use girl power and go do it!

What she said...