PDA

View Full Version : Roller trick / (brush rollers)!

lapushka
August 1st, 2017, 03:31 AM
My mom got herself stuck in a roller yesterday, pretty badly (it was stuck on both sides) and could not get her hair untangled.

It was this kind of roller:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e9/b4/d4/e9b4d4a1745df5b5625ad8572ade74b5.jpg

So there's a brush inside.

I had no clue, at first, fiddled with the hair, then a lightbulb went off. I popped out the brush, and that released the hair.

So if you ever get yourself stuck in one of these, just go to the side, pop a pin in there and push the brush insides out!

Borgessa
August 1st, 2017, 04:13 AM
I'm glad you got her out unscathed!

lapushka
August 1st, 2017, 04:48 AM
I'm glad you got her out unscathed!

Yes, that was quite the painful moment because she had gotten it tangled quite close to the head!!! OMG If we had to cut that off. :( She immediately banned the roller from further use. :lol: Her roller set is old and she refuses to get a new one at her age (she's in her 70s). There are a few rollers that aren't quite up to par anymore, but often it's hard for her to see. Now she has a little bag where her bad rollers go to die. :lol:

embee
August 1st, 2017, 05:55 AM
Those things are evil. Many years ago I got stuck in one and finally pulled it loose - lost a bunch to breakage and another bunch to pulling out. They all went into the trash. Never again. They are for Very Short Hair, in my opinion. Glad you got her unstuck.

lapushka
August 1st, 2017, 06:11 AM
Oh but my mom has shoulder to APL (more towards shoulder than APL). Normally she cuts it before a wash, but didn't do it this time; might have contributed to it.

Borgessa
August 1st, 2017, 08:32 AM
Now she has a little bag where her bad rollers go to die. :lol:

I hope that little bag is a bin :p good grief, sounds like an ordeal.

peachyleshy
August 2nd, 2017, 08:42 PM
Those things are tortuous! I've always wanted to use them, but have never found a way for them to work well. Round-brushes are pretty bad, too. I definitely envy the pros with those!

Deborah
August 3rd, 2017, 01:20 AM
Years ago I used rollers like that, but I decided before hand that they would tangle, so I popped out and threw the brush part away before I used them. They were pretty good used that way.

lapushka
August 3rd, 2017, 06:12 AM
The brush roller is actually less "abrasive" than a velcro roller and is a good alternative if you want those kinds of rollers. In any case, should you use these and ever get caught, you know how to remove the mess now. :D Phew, that was a close call.

My mom normally rolls up her own hair. I knew there was trouble when she came storming down the stairs. OMG. And I tangled it up worse than it was at first too. Yeah, you try anything to pry it loose; so removing the brush did it, all the hair released "justlikethat".

My mom has used these all her life, each time she washes her hair (monthly, or every 3 weeks or so) and this is the first time anything goes wrong with them. She's in her 70s.

embee
August 3rd, 2017, 06:40 AM
I would never use a velcro roller, and they had not been invented when I was doing my hair in rollers anyway. Velcro on my raincoat is bad enough! ;)