PDA

View Full Version : Hair loss left side, localized

ALEXIAA
July 31st, 2017, 06:20 AM
hello, for 1 and a half months, I lose my hair on the left side more at the temple level: I find myself with tiny spaces 2MM.
My hair has also changed in texture: drier, harder.
I am very stressed: I look at myself in the mirror: I touch I touch !!!!
I went to see the dermato at the beginning of the fall: she had told me that it was probably the traction but at this time: I saw less spaces. She told me she saw follicles and that there was hair in it (using her dermatocope)
Can stress be localized to a specific location?
I am a 34 year old woman, chek hormones, blood test ok
No pills or other ....
THANK YOU

lapushka
July 31st, 2017, 07:53 AM
ALEXIAA, you have started quite a few threads in sheer panic about your hair, talking about thicker coarser hairs. Could you possibly post a picture, so we can see what the issue is, and that might give an answer to all the previous threads as well. :flower: I think pretty much your dermatologist has *got* it, and probably has more answers than we could possibly give you. :)

Aredhel
July 31st, 2017, 07:59 AM
As Lapushka said, a photo would help ALEXIAA, it's hard to picture exactly what someone is describing without a photo. Just try taking one of the spot on your head that you're talking about (no face needed, your privacy is important), and maybe someone will recognize the condition and be able to offer some tips. :)

ALEXIAA
July 31st, 2017, 08:04 AM
oh sorry, I do not manage to put of photos!!!!

akurah
July 31st, 2017, 05:26 PM
Hair takes a very long time to regrow. It's unclear if you're trying to say your dermatologist saw improvements, but if she did, it's going to take quite some time to grow back.

Stress can cause hair loss. One of my coworkers was under a period of high stress and temporarily lost his hair in patches. It recovered from treatment from a dermatologist.