PDA

View Full Version : Post partum shed?

nakroth310
July 30th, 2017, 07:48 PM
Hi everyone!

Has anybody with children experienced the dreaded post-baby shed? I thought I'd gotten away with it but my little one is five months old now and my hair has just started falling out in clumps. From what I can tell this is entirely normal but it doesn't make it any less rubbish. My scalp itches and my ends are thin again! If you have been through it, how long did it last for and any tips on coping with the rapid rate of hair loss?

Vivalagina
July 30th, 2017, 08:08 PM
I just had my third child six weeks ago. My sheds usually start around month four postpartum and ends around month six. It feels like you will be bald by the time it's over but honestly I look at pictures and my hair looks the same. I use a hair catcher over the shower drain and keep my hair bunned or braided to cut down on shed hairs all over the house (and baby). Be prepared for a halo of baby hairs to stick out all over once it starts to grow back in!

esfand
July 30th, 2017, 09:51 PM
I think you'd find a lot of good answers on the mommy forums for this, because nearly all women experience it!

In the meanwhile to make the hair shed less heartbreaking, make a wig out of it or even collect it to sell it? Lol that's what I do with my shed hair, and the link with more info is in my signature.

FuzzyBlackWaves
July 31st, 2017, 02:53 AM
This is weird... I posted this exact message a while ago? How come it's showing as being posted by someone else yesterday?

Aredhel
July 31st, 2017, 07:54 AM
This is weird... I posted this exact message a while ago? How come it's showing as being posted by someone else yesterday?

That's odd. It looks like they copied your post and started their own new thread for it? :confused: