PDA

View Full Version : Give your hair some lovin'!

Wavybrunetteuk
July 27th, 2017, 09:32 AM
i wanted to create a thread where we give our own hair some love and positivity. Even if you haven't reached your hair goal yet. I would really love to see what others love about their own hair.

For me, I love that I don't actually have to style my hair. It's never perfect, actually it's always imperfect. But I guess that's me. I guess my waves give me the volume I am lacking in my thin hair. Recently my students have asked me if I do my hair every morning, I said "no, this is natural" and they said my hair looked like I spent hours on it, which is a nice compliment.

how about you???

marvel-lover
July 27th, 2017, 09:43 AM
Oh my goodness, what a positive thread to have!

I love how thick my hair is, even though it makes my head really hot. I also love the waves that I get, and I enjoy the color. I'm the only blonde in my family, so growing up I wanted to be brunette. But now I love it!

Wavybrunetteuk
July 27th, 2017, 09:50 AM
Oh my goodness, what a positive thread to have!

I love how thick my hair is, even though it makes my head really hot. I also love the waves that I get, and I enjoy the color. I'm the only blonde in my family, so growing up I wanted to be brunette. But now I love it!

My last thread I think brought up too much negativity unintentionally. So I wanted to create this thread and encourage self-love. Maybe it will motivate people to their hair goal too.

That is awesome! Reading it makes me admire your hair!

lapushka
July 27th, 2017, 11:18 AM
When I take it out of its bun for the night (I sleep with it loose), it falls to my back like a comforting blanket, a thick, heavy blanket (in the summer, yikes). But I like that feeling. It wouldn't be the same with short hair.

Ankjo
July 27th, 2017, 11:26 AM
What a lovely idea for a thread! I can say your students are right, Wavybrunetteuk! :)

I love my hair for not getting tangled a lot. I never have to spend minutes and minutes on trying to detangle a chunk of hairs that decided to make a not so attractive knotted garland. Also, I love its color. I'm brunette but it has red reflections in the sunlight. I simply love that.

akurah
July 27th, 2017, 11:56 AM
I love how low maintenance my hair ended up being. Shampoo 1x a week. Don't really need to detangle unless I'm going to braid it or am about to wash it (to get out sheds). Don't need conditioner and only need product when doing something unusual like curling it. I occasionally (when it strikes me) oil the ends with coconut oil. I also periodically put aloe vera in it when it's sopping wet to discourage flyaways. I use ACV as a spritzer after workout on my scalp or when it itches.

The only downside is if I deviate from that, it becomes very unhappy with me. I don't get to play with new products at all. I don't get to do pampering of it. I guess it's picky too.

Cherriezzzzz
July 27th, 2017, 11:56 AM
I love that the red colour of my hair is exactly the same as my grandmother before me and now my two daughters. I love how well my hair behaves now with using products I love! I love how quick, easy, and simple my routine is to take care of it. And I love how fast it grows! I love that my hair makes me more beautiful then if I did not have it. I loooooove that my husband loves my hair! Thank you hair hahaha!

Wow! That felt good... did anyone else feel happier after posting?!

MoonRabbit
July 27th, 2017, 12:04 PM
I love how easily my waves can be manipulated into curls just by wet scrunching. It can also hold a style for days. I also love how much volume I have.

Garnetgem
July 27th, 2017, 12:28 PM
I love how out of my siblings i am the only one to inherit my grand mothers hair such as type colour thickness and ability to grow lengths...

i am happy with how it reflects the sunlight showing a golden glow...how fast it grows its thickness and at 45 its still dark just like grans was..
i love it for its speed of growth and how once it grew to knee(plan to grow it that length again)maybe longer as gran had floor length..
i love how when damp it has tiny waves,i love it for just being how it is really :)

love this thread its so much fun and makes us feel happy just reading everyone's hair loves!

Siv
July 27th, 2017, 12:38 PM
I've always been fond of my hair colour, but the other day my SO spontaneously praised my hair's varying colours, shine, and texture, and I realised that YEAH my hair is pretty awesome. And I think I needed that, because I've been very critical of everything about myself since coming down with mental illness.

So thanks for starting this thread and reminding me of the good things in life :flowers:

lisamt
July 27th, 2017, 12:42 PM
this thread is so positive :)

I love that my hair is dark, especially against my skin tone and that it holds a curl extremely well. I also like the way it curls a little bit on the ends.

spidermom
July 27th, 2017, 01:58 PM
I love my natural texture and thickness.

gthlvrmx
July 27th, 2017, 03:02 PM
I love my hair's curliness and it's natural dark color. The bouncy curls are so fun to look at and play with! I also love how fast it grows! I love how smooth and soft it is but it is also crinkly and kinky? The individual strands grew in different this time...maybe now only the last 2 feet will be that way as my hair grows if it was a side effect of my medication, I am switching to a different one. Anyways, I do love the crinkliness!

Chocowalnut
July 27th, 2017, 03:03 PM
Since my hair became healthy and I learned about air drying without manipulation, I am able to go without styling my hair too. And I like how my hair looks naturally like this. I imagine it will look good longer. I like how curly my hair is capable of being with the right product and scrunching, too.

Ophidian
July 27th, 2017, 04:07 PM
I love how strong my hair is, and it's shine and changeling-texture. I've also come to love my dark ash blond color.

Stub
July 27th, 2017, 08:49 PM
I love how my hair looks after tossing and turning all night with wet hair. It looks just like I tried to style it, and I literally have to do NOTHING to it to wear it to church. I don't dare comb it, it would take out all the natural texture and waves. I also love my natural color, and that my greys look like highlights.

Wavybrunetteuk
July 27th, 2017, 09:16 PM
When I take it out of its bun for the night (I sleep with it loose), it falls to my back like a comforting blanket, a thick, heavy blanket (in the summer, yikes). But I like that feeling. It wouldn't be the same with short hair.

That is a beautiful way to describe your hair! Like poetry!

Wavybrunetteuk
July 27th, 2017, 09:18 PM
What a lovely idea for a thread! I can say your students are right, Wavybrunetteuk! :)

I love my hair for not getting tangled a lot. I never have to spend minutes and minutes on trying to detangle a chunk of hairs that decided to make a not so attractive knotted garland. Also, I love its color. I'm brunette but it has red reflections in the sunlight. I simply love that.

Ahh! Wow me too! I remember people have asked me "do you dye your hair?" I said "no" and they said there is some red in my hair. Is that your hair in your avatar?

Sarahlabyrinth
July 27th, 2017, 09:28 PM
I love the thickness of my hair, and that sometimes it can look like a glossy, shimmering waterfall. I love the increasing length, also, and that it's so soft.

leayellena
July 28th, 2017, 02:44 AM
I love how my braid shows some health, even though the taper is killing me... I am sure it will look better before x-mas.

Emma Rose
July 28th, 2017, 03:00 AM
I love my natural colour. It's a medium golden brown with copper highlights in the sun. I also love how easy my hair curls.

Gillian1978
July 30th, 2017, 04:18 AM
I love the thickness of my hair and that it air dries with lovely texture when it's long. I also love that no matter what I do to it it always grows fast and behaves ! I also love caring for it and using nice products and I like how it lets me know when I do something it does not like! Lol

Shanawavy
July 30th, 2017, 04:28 AM
I love that my hair is always shiny no matter what I do to it. I like its dramatic dark brown colour and how the few greys blend in well (at the moment). I also like how the back grows quickly.

Shanawavy
July 30th, 2017, 04:32 AM
[QUOTE=Wavybrunetteuk;3440606]My last thread I think brought up too much negativity unintentionally. So I wanted to create this thread and encourage self-love. Maybe it will motivate people to their hair goal too.

Actually I found it helpful to post on the other thread as it made me realise how very frustrating it was not to have been able to grow my hair long as a child! This realisation has given me more confidence to keep growing now. :)

dryxi
July 30th, 2017, 08:20 AM
I just started my growing journey, and I have fine, thin hair, so I can think of a lot of reasons to dislike it. However, because my hair is so short and so fine, I like that I can get away with finger styling it, and if the wind blows it around and makes it look crazy, patting it down with my hand results in a "fun" hairstyle. Sleeping make the back of my head wild? Whatever, I'm quirky today...

lapushka
July 30th, 2017, 09:52 AM
That is a beautiful way to describe your hair! Like poetry!

Thank you, that was very nice of you to say! :D :o

enting
August 2nd, 2017, 04:23 AM
I love how my hair can do almost anything I want it to. If I comb it out and oil it it can look 1b/1c. If I scrunch it and use product and let nothing touch it as it dries it can look properly in the 3s. It's a bit grippy, but that means I can bun my hair even without anything to hold it in place, at least temporarily. I love its volume. I love how light it is, it means I can grow to longer lengths before it starts to feel heavy. I love all the different shades and colors in my hair. I love the lighter natural streaks in it.

I drew a blank at first for "things I like about my hair", but this is forcing me to sit and think about it rather than only thinking of what I'd like to improve :)

Alissalocks
August 2nd, 2017, 06:10 AM
I love that my hair is soft, fine, thin, and silky... it feels so lovely against my skin, and I love how it drifts in the wind. I love that it's black (thank you indigo) bc I've been afraid to wear black hair most of my life (was henna red for 20+ years).

leayellena
August 2nd, 2017, 06:53 AM
Although it is greasy and the humidity is gone my hair still feels thick. Love it. I wish I could add some more thickness to my pony circ.

DesertUnicorn
August 2nd, 2017, 12:13 PM
I love that my hair is easier to care for when we travel. Since we live where humidity is very low, it is almost a certainty that travel is to a more humid location, so my natural waviness turns into a bit more of natural curliness and it loses its home-tendency to get dry and frizzy. So travel time is nearly always good hair days!

Hairkay
August 2nd, 2017, 04:21 PM
I love the black colour of my hair and the tight curls even the shrinkage is never boring. I love the way it looks plaited/braided. When I have the patience then I like it occasionally let loose.

lithostoic
August 2nd, 2017, 04:34 PM
I guess my growth rate? People tell me it's above average.

Corvana
August 2nd, 2017, 06:55 PM
I love how fast my hair grows. Even if it's only in summer (never measured previously, so an inch a month could just be seasonal), it's nice to know that if I cut and then regret it will take no time at all to grow back.

I love how sturdy my hair is. I used to dye it all the time, and for about a year I bleached it and colored it pink and purple. I only got minor damage, and it was easily cared for with regular deep conditioning.

I love how well it can hold a curl, if I get around to curling it. Once I put in the effort, they'll last at least a week, if not longer.

I love that my hair isn't overly picky about products. While it prefers loads of moisture, if I use a more harsh shampoo it's still fine.

I love how soft and healthy my ends are. I'm pretty sure I've only ever found a handful of splits in my whole life.

megthehennahead
August 2nd, 2017, 09:42 PM
I was getting frustrated because I felt like my hair hadn't grown much recently or maybe was slowing, so I compared a photo from this morning to a photo from when I joined (the end of March this year) and I'm so happy with the progress that I've made! I also love the color of my hair, and that it likes henna, and how well it holds styles whether I curl it or sleep in a braid.

http://i.imgur.com/J3RHpbB.jpg

Jo Ann
August 2nd, 2017, 10:08 PM
Even when my hair was in Beast Mode, I still considered it my best feature. Now that my hair and I are on the same page, well, let's just say "ELEVENTY!!" and leave it at that! :p

leayellena
August 2nd, 2017, 11:49 PM
it braids nicely when moistured and my hair loves leave-ins. my braid already poofs a little because of rain today but the leave in and the braid keeps it in place. my braid is thick today and not just because freshly washed and conditioned.

Andthetalltrees
August 3rd, 2017, 12:44 AM
I like how low maintenance it is, Same routine for months, No trims, I only detangle a few times a week, and it still looks great!

Very few splits

Above average growth rate! Even if I forget to appreciate it sometimes

Does perfect braids with very little shred

I love the shape it's growing into, It was a soft U and now it's much more of a V with natural layers. It's awesome to see it change.

BookishRay
August 3rd, 2017, 06:01 AM
I love how healthy and resilient it is. I've never been much of a styler, but I have had my times of dying and blow drying. I'm finally learning to add just the little moisture it needs not to look frizzy. It doesn't break easily and generally doesn't tangle badly. It also doesn't always hold a style well either but that just give me an excuse to play with it randomly thought the day.

enting
August 3rd, 2017, 06:55 AM
I was getting frustrated because I felt like my hair hadn't grown much recently or maybe was slowing, so I compared a photo from this morning to a photo from when I joined (the end of March this year) and I'm so happy with the progress that I've made! I also love the color of my hair, and that it likes henna, and how well it holds styles whether I curl it or sleep in a braid.

Oh my goodness that is tremendous growth for four months!

pili
August 5th, 2017, 08:46 AM
What a wgood nderful thread!

I love how thick my hair is. I love the rich, dark brown and how the sparklies that are coming in really pop in comparison. I love how curly it is. I love that my hair has massive amounts of volume, at my length it is usually wider than my shoulders after air-drying. I love feeling it resting against my upper back, and I can't wait for that to go all the way down my back.