PDA

View Full Version : Re-evaluate my texture

PixieP
July 26th, 2017, 05:06 AM
Since my waves showed up last spring (I'm still partially in shock about that, I never had wavy year in my life before, then when I'm 28 my hair suddenly turns wavy!) it's gotten a more pronounced wave pattern. I've "played it safe" with a 1c/2a-classifier, but after seeing my hair recently I don't think that's right anymore. But I'm still not familiar enough with classifying if I'm 2a, 2a/2b or 2b. So your feedback would be appreciated!

These pictures are taken the same day, but a few hours apart, so my hair has started to become a bit humidity-frizzy in the photo with the green background.
http://i.imgur.com/mpzH9MO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/finpMjz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5oIJq8Q.jpg

And just for fun, to show that my waves now "sit" stronger in the hair, this is after brushing and bunning my hair. Still waves! :D

http://i.imgur.com/gqQAqp3.jpg

Nymphe
July 26th, 2017, 05:26 AM
2a. Texture changes are so fascinating to me.

vpatt
July 26th, 2017, 05:38 AM
I'm curious, too. I think our hair texture is similar, but your hair is longer. I wonder how my texture may change as it grows. So I will be watching with interest.

lapushka
July 26th, 2017, 05:42 AM
I'd call that 2a/b or 2b, judging from the first couple of pictures. These are waves as tight as braid waves, but there is some looser bits too, so I am a little doubtful between the two classifiers.

LadyCelestina
July 26th, 2017, 06:30 AM
I have a feeling that if you'd scrunch it with some gel or mousse while wet, your hair would be quite wurly...

lithostoic
July 26th, 2017, 07:15 AM
Would definitely call that 2b.

Arctic
July 26th, 2017, 07:44 AM
How about taking a new hair typing photo?

Anje
July 26th, 2017, 08:50 AM
I'm thinking 2b, maybe even more. Your texture reminds me very much of Spidermom's, and she's 2c.

spidermom
July 26th, 2017, 09:12 AM
I'm thinking 2b, maybe even more. Your texture reminds me very much of Spidermom's, and she's 2c.

Well, I used to be 2C. I'm not so sure anymore and changed my identifier to 2A. I really don't know, though. Some days I'll get lots of spiral curls springing out all over, and other days it's barely 1C. Moody hair!

draysmir
July 26th, 2017, 10:14 AM
It looks more wavy than 2a, maybe 2a/2b or 2b? Very pretty though :)

vpatt
July 26th, 2017, 10:52 AM
I have a feeling that if you'd scrunch it with some gel or mousse while wet, your hair would be quite wurly...

Shea Moisture Curling Souffle

Anje
July 26th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Well, I used to be 2C. I'm not so sure anymore and changed my identifier to 2A. I really don't know, though. Some days I'll get lots of spiral curls springing out all over, and other days it's barely 1C. Moody hair!

True, but doesn't her hair look like a red version of yours from a few years back?

spidermom
July 26th, 2017, 03:06 PM
True, but doesn't her hair look like a red version of yours from a few years back?

You're right about that!

DweamGoiL
July 26th, 2017, 06:42 PM
I'm on team 2b. I also agree that with some encouragement your hair will swirl substantially.

Crystawni
July 26th, 2017, 06:52 PM
2b or not 2b, that is the question... :p

spidermom
July 26th, 2017, 09:32 PM
haha; good one, Crystawni

Rebeccalaurenxx
July 27th, 2017, 12:25 AM
Our wave and curl pattern is very similar, I would say 2a/2b

MidnightMoon
July 27th, 2017, 03:28 AM
Looks similar to mine when I haven't braided it, and I classified mine as 2b

PrincessAralin
July 27th, 2017, 05:00 AM
In my opinion, I'd call it 2b.

Cherriezzzzz
July 27th, 2017, 12:09 PM

Bahahahaha!

2a/b got to recognize those straight AND wavy strands. Are there strands that refuse to curl ever? I have straightness at my temple areas and underneath. My hair is exactly the same plus about 2 to 3 spirals if styled or (whenever it feels like it LoL!)

amiaow
July 27th, 2017, 04:12 PM
2b from me!

PixieP
July 28th, 2017, 05:47 PM
Thank you all for your feedback! I think I'll land on 2b then :D Imagine my hair going from 1a/1b to 2b-ish in a little over a year! I'm still shocked at where these waves came from, my hair has always been straight my entire life, and there's no wavies in my family (my mother has curls, but she's a 3b/3c!).

Shea Moisture Curling Souffle

Quite possible! We don't have Shea Moisture here that I've seen though :( The only product I've had in it is a bit of aloe vera gel and that just makes it crunchy XD

How about taking a new hair typing photo?

Is there anything wrong with these? They're taken after a normal shampoo/conditioner wash and air drying. I did rinse my hair with vinegar, but that doesn't affect my texture. I thought that was how to take typing photos :hmm:

You're right about that!

OMG if that isn't the most amazing compliment! Thank you both! :flower:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bahahahaha!

2a/b got to recognize those straight AND wavy strands. Are there strands that refuse to curl ever? I have straightness at my temple areas and underneath. My hair is exactly the same plus about 2 to 3 spirals if styled or (whenever it feels like it LoL!)

I haven't noticed any strands that are completly straight, all of them have some movement. My ends wave less, because it's still old damage on them. My roots get crazy wurly sometimes! I feel that if I cut it now, to shoulder or something, I would be full on wurly, but that weight pulls it out a bit now. I have some strands that spirals every now and then! My face framing layers can get some crazy spiral action, and one of my nape wispies curls when it gets sweaty.

vpatt
July 28th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Don't know if you can get Eco Style Gel, but it is good, too. And much less cost than the Shea Moisture. If you are interested. It does come in different versions and I don't remember which I had as I am out of it.

Cherriezzzzz
July 29th, 2017, 07:02 AM
Thank you all for your feedback! I think I'll land on 2b then :D Imagine my hair going from 1a/1b to 2b-ish in a little over a year! I'm still shocked at where these waves came from, my hair has always been straight my entire life, and there's no wavies in my family (my mother has curls, but she's a 3b/3c!).

Quite possible! We don't have Shea Moisture here that I've seen though :( The only product I've had in it is a bit of aloe vera gel and that just makes it crunchy XD

Is there anything wrong with these? They're taken after a normal shampoo/conditioner wash and air drying. I did rinse my hair with vinegar, but that doesn't affect my texture. I thought that was how to take typing photos :hmm:

OMG if that isn't the most amazing compliment! Thank you both! :flower:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I haven't noticed any strands that are completly straight, all of them have some movement. My ends wave less, because it's still old damage on them. My roots get crazy wurly sometimes! I feel that if I cut it now, to shoulder or something, I would be full on wurly, but that weight pulls it out a bit now. I have some strands that spirals every now and then! My face framing layers can get some crazy spiral action, and one of my nape wispies curls when it gets sweaty.

Ok then, I'm jealous! Hehehe :violin:

I have straight hair under all my curly hair! My mom is the exact opposite though. Underneath looks like a perm LoL

No matter what you settle on, love your hair!

Arctic
July 29th, 2017, 07:13 AM
Oops, sorry Pixie. Maybe I didn't read carefully enough, I didn't see you actually stating these were hair typing photos (no manipulating between washing and taking photos). I thought they were just "normal, ex tempore photos".

I might put you in 2a-2b perhaps?

PixieP
July 29th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Oops, sorry Pixie. Maybe I didn't read carefully enough, I didn't see you actually stating these were hair typing photos (no manipulating between washing and taking photos). I thought they were just "normal, ex tempore photos".

I might put you in 2a-2b perhaps?

I didn't state it, I figured it was kind of a given XD My bad!