PDA

View Full Version : Hi everybody

luteza
July 25th, 2017, 03:17 PM
Hi. I am new here and I am new in hair journey. This is the first time, I have long hair, currently shoulder lenght.
Unfortunately the ends are not healthy, so I trimmed it 2weeks ago, but today I saw again! So I trimmed again.. i hope that I can reach my goal wich is tail length

I am Diana. I'm living in Ireland but I've just moved here a few month ago. So my English isn't very good. Sorry for that!
I am 37years old and have got some grey in my hair but I don't use anything in my hair (colouring or change the texture), somethimes I'm sleeping with bantu knots. Thats all.

Shanawavy
July 25th, 2017, 03:20 PM
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your hair growth! :)

lapushka
July 25th, 2017, 03:35 PM
Welcome to the forum.

You only need to trim if you have a lot of split ends or white dots up a strand. If there's just a couple, you can just S&D those out (take shears and individually snip them out so you don't need a complete trim).

Garnetgem
July 25th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Hello and welcome! :)

luteza
July 25th, 2017, 04:37 PM
Thank you:)

Corvana
July 25th, 2017, 04:37 PM
Welcome to the forum.

You only need to trim if you have a lot of split ends or white dots up a strand. If there's just a couple, you can just S&D those out (take shears and individually snip them out so you don't need a complete trim).

Yes, I second this! And of course, if you're trimming yourself, make sure you're using hair shears and that they're sharp (which they likely will stay, if you're only ever using them on your hair!).

Anyway, welcome to the forums!!

Sarahlabyrinth
July 25th, 2017, 04:46 PM
Hello! Welcome here! :waving:

luteza
July 26th, 2017, 05:32 AM
Oh. That can be a problem that I used an old normal scissors which weren't sharp enough? Thanx

Wavybrunetteuk
July 26th, 2017, 06:51 AM
Welcome to the forum! What is your hair goal?

luteza
July 26th, 2017, 07:30 AM
Hi. My dream goal is the tailbone length. But if I can reach APL that would be cool enough I think
My husband doesn't like very long hair. For him the ideal is between chin length and bra length
But usually I am wearing buns so maybe he can't see the real length. Muhaha :))))

luteza
July 26th, 2017, 07:31 AM
Thank you be here. U r very friendly and nice. I am very happy about that <3

Wavybrunetteuk
July 26th, 2017, 07:32 AM
Hi. My dream goal is the tailbone length. But if I can reach APL that would be cool enough I think
My husband doesn't like very long hair. For him the ideal is between chin length and bra length
But usually I am wearing buns so maybe he can't see the real length. Muhaha :))))

Mwahaha you go girl! My boyfriend suggested today I should blow dry my hair to get rid of the cowlick at the front... no way :D that's a good goal! Can't wait to see photos

luteza
July 26th, 2017, 07:47 AM
I can't post photo. Maybe because of my phone, maybe because I am new here...

luteza
July 26th, 2017, 11:57 AM
Can I ask a stupid question? Is there any way that make my hair longer? I don't wanna make foreign hair in my. E.g.I tried to braid a scarf in my hair because there is 5-10cm missing to do a simple but safe lazy wrap bun. It is so comfortable. But I couldn't. I can't really bride my hair because of the layers and my hair can be a little hmm I don't know... The way when it slides
Because I usually have to remake my bun so I touch my hair a lot and I think it is not good for the ends of my hair. And I don't like too strong buns.
Sometimes I can make a really good disc bun or cinnamon bun, but not all the time.

luteza
July 26th, 2017, 11:58 AM
And anyway I have patient to grow it but it could be more practically

Corvana
July 26th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Oh. That can be a problem that I used an old normal scissors which weren't sharp enough? Thanx

Can I ask a stupid question? Is there any way that make my hair longer? I don't wanna make foreign hair in my. E.g.I tried to braid a scarf in my hair because there is 5-10cm missing to do a simple but safe lazy wrap bun. It is so comfortable. But I couldn't. I can't really bride my hair because of the layers and my hair can be a little hmm I don't know... The way when it slides
Because I usually have to remake my bun so I touch my hair a lot and I think it is not good for the ends of my hair. And I don't like too strong buns.
Sometimes I can make a really good disc bun or cinnamon bun, but not all the time.

Using non-hair scissors can damage your hair more than not trimming it at all! If they're not sharp enough (and they won't be if you've ever used them on anything else, especially paper) they'll cause tiny tears in the end of your hair strand which will eventually split! So if you're going to trim your own hair, invest in a pair of hair shears, and put them somewhere where they'd never be grabbed to "just cut this one thing" (unless that one thing is hair). Hair scissors start off sharper than your average pair of scissors, and they stay sharper when only used on hair.

But I bet that will help you with your growth, as well! If you're having to trim so often because you're using bad scissors, you may never grow past that point, or you'll grow slower than your actual growth rate would allow. For example, if your hair grows 1.5cm a month, and you have to trim 1.5cm every two months because your scissors are dull and are causing splits, then it will take you twice as long to reach your goal! You may have grown 18cm of hair, but you also trimmed off 9cm of it.

And as for making your hair longer to do certain buns, if you don't like adding a ribbon or something to your hair, then there's not really much you can do! Just find styles you can wear right now, and wait until you can do the others.

luteza
July 27th, 2017, 03:54 AM
Thank you a lot!!! I will buy good scissers and untill I have got them I won't trimm my hair again. This information is very new for me..

I wanna use ribbons or hair scarf, that's not problem but I couldn't find good videos how to.
I just don't want to use foreighn hair. You know in some hairdresseres or pop stars use it...
(Very hard to write it down in English, sorry)

luteza
July 27th, 2017, 03:56 AM
I have 3kids (two boys and a girl) and I asked my daughter what is her hair goal. She said that she saw the tale Tangled and that is her goal:))) So I have to care about her hair as well :) It will be an exciting journey
Her hair is almost the same like mine

TatsuOni
July 27th, 2017, 09:26 AM
Welcome! :)

Corvana
July 27th, 2017, 02:10 PM
Thank you a lot!!! I will buy good scissers and untill I have got them I won't trimm my hair again. This information is very new for me..

I wanna use ribbons or hair scarf, that's not problem but I couldn't find good videos how to.
I just don't want to use foreighn hair. You know in some hairdresseres or pop stars use it...
(Very hard to write it down in English, sorry)

There's a way to braid them in that will hold them! Well, a ribbon at least. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/content.php?r=47-How-to-tie-a-braid-with-a-ribbon This tutorial might help? And if your ribbon is long enough, you'll still have a tail when the tie is finished that you can use to help secure your bun or what-have-you. A scarf would likely work the same!

You could also just get some clips, like these: https://www.dollartree.com/assets/product_images_2016/styles/xlarge/161719.jpg

They come in several sizes, and you can use them to keep your hair up until it's long enough for the buns you want to do.

I have 3kids (two boys and a girl) and I asked my daughter what is her hair goal. She said that she saw the tale Tangled and that is her goal:))) So I have to care about her hair as well :) It will be an exciting journey
Her hair is almost the same like mine

Aww that's so sweet! My son is wanting to grow his hair long, and is very excited to see all the men on the LHC forums with very long hair.

mamastawb
July 27th, 2017, 07:47 PM
You get get a pair of sewing scissors or nail scissors, both will be short and narrow, perfect for snipping off split ends!

Corvana
July 27th, 2017, 08:09 PM
You get get a pair of sewing scissors or nail scissors, both will be short and narrow, perfect for snipping off split ends!

I think it's more the sharpness that's important. I don't know if nail or sewing scissors would be the right kind of sharp to give a healthy cut to hair.

luteza
July 28th, 2017, 05:17 AM
And today I brought a very brand new shapoo and conditioner without silicone. They are vegan. I hope that they will be good. They are with aloe vera. There were argan oil and tea oil as well but they were much expensive

luteza
July 28th, 2017, 05:18 AM
Yes. May u r right. There r a lot of things together. Anyaway I should use normal hair scissors;)