PDA

View Full Version : First Real Hair Compliment at Work...

DweamGoiL
July 25th, 2017, 12:33 PM
So today, I had one of those wicked headaches and just undid my bun and let my hair drag down my back while I was walking around at work. I usually wear it in a bun, particularly now since I've been doing the WEO Challenge. I walked into the ladies room and saw someone come in behind me. It was the President of our organization. She commented on how gorgeous my hair was and how she always forgets to tell me when she sees me. I felt over the moon and thanked her. It was such a nice moment.

I then proceeded to walk back to my desk and one of the VP's from our Washington DC office was behind me and commented on how shiny my hair was and she actually said "you don't mind if I walk behind you all day!" I was so beyond flattered. I have been working here for almost a decade and it's one of the rarer times someone has commented anything at all about my hair, but they were 2 really nice compliments. They didn't make my migraine go away, but I certainly feel much better :)

Deborah
July 25th, 2017, 12:47 PM
What a wonderful day you are having! Good for you!

lucid
July 25th, 2017, 12:53 PM
That is so nice! When reading stuff like this I always get encouraged to compliment people. I often want to compliment people, but then, for some reason, I just stop myself from saying anything.

rachdun
July 25th, 2017, 01:21 PM
That's lovely - what nice compliments to receive:)

Chocowalnut
July 25th, 2017, 02:06 PM
That's awesome, and it is very beautiful!

Jo Ann
July 25th, 2017, 02:29 PM
You go, Girl! :cool:

Hope your migraine gets better soon!

Shanawavy
July 25th, 2017, 02:43 PM
What lovely compliments! :) Good for you! Hope your migraine goes away soon.

meteor
July 25th, 2017, 02:44 PM
That's awesome, DweamGoiL! :D Compliments when you least expect them always give such good energy. :)
Your hair is super-shiny and truly stunning, DweamGoiL! And I sure hope your migraine gets better soon! :pray:

lapushka
July 25th, 2017, 04:01 PM
You almost wish it makes your migraine go away, don't you? I know how you feel. :)

embee
July 25th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Bet that really did make your day! :) Compliments are very encouraging and we don't get enough of them!

Unfortunately, we don't *give* enough of them either, so many long hairs receive only snide remarks about "time for a haircut" or "ought to donate".

Sarahlabyrinth
July 25th, 2017, 04:51 PM
What a wonderful compliment:) It's wonderful that it made your day, and I hope your migraine has gone now.

CindyOfTheOaks
July 25th, 2017, 05:25 PM
Lovely compliments !
Sorry about the migraine.

*Wednesday*
July 25th, 2017, 05:45 PM
What a sweet compliment. Your signature pics...I can believe it 😀

twill
July 25th, 2017, 05:48 PM
Bet that really did make your day! :) Compliments are very encouraging and we don't get enough of them!

Unfortunately, we don't *give* enough of them either, so many long hairs receive only snide remarks about "time for a haircut" or "ought to donate".

I don't think I've gotten the "ought to donate" one, but I definitely have gotten the "time for a haircut" one.

twill
July 25th, 2017, 05:49 PM
DweamGoil, that's very cool. It's nice to get compliments like that!

Dendra
July 25th, 2017, 07:29 PM
That's so lovely DweamGoiL, I'm glad this happened for you :)

spidermom
July 25th, 2017, 07:32 PM
I'm glad that happened for you. A sincere compliment can definitely pick up our spirits, headache or no.

leayellena
July 26th, 2017, 12:48 AM
congratulations!

Corvana
July 26th, 2017, 04:21 AM
Oh that's so awesome!!

pandabarrier
July 26th, 2017, 04:32 AM
Those 2 compliments were sincere too! I'm happy for you! :)

Aredhel
July 26th, 2017, 04:36 AM
What a lovely thing to hear - twice! - when you're having a rough day!:) They are definitely not wrong, your hair is beautiful!!

macguffin
July 26th, 2017, 09:24 AM
That's great. It definitely makes my day when I get one of those rare comments.

macguffin
July 26th, 2017, 09:25 AM
And it goes without saying, but your hair is impressive and definitely deserves all the compliments.

marvel-lover
July 26th, 2017, 09:30 AM
How wonderful! Definitely well-deserved compliments! Good for you!

DweamGoiL
July 26th, 2017, 06:47 PM
Thanks, everyone :) I think it's a really good point that we need to compliment other ladies whose hair we admire in the wild when appropriate and comfortable, of course. I will try to keep this in mind moving forward because I can honestly say that I am guilty of seeing amazing hair and just staring in awe, but not saying a word. I am going to try to hold onto the feeling of being complimented and pass the fuzzies along!

Cherriezzzzz
July 26th, 2017, 08:09 PM
I would like to also say I think your hair is flawless! I grew up hearing how beautiful my hair is (natural red.) Literally daily... You need to *know* your hair is shiny, nice, and utterly fabulous without anyone ever saying so :) take the time to admire and enjoy it in the mirror. I know I would if I were you! It's sort of like someone telling you, you're a burnette. It's a fact, right? You have perfect hair. Fact! haha own it! :toast:

DweamGoiL
July 26th, 2017, 08:39 PM
I would like to also say I think your hair is flawless! I grew up hearing how beautiful my hair is (natural red.) Literally daily... You need to *know* your hair is shiny, nice, and utterly fabulous without anyone ever saying so :) take the time to admire and enjoy it in the mirror. I know I would if I were you! It's sort of like someone telling you, you're a burnette. It's a fact, right? You have perfect hair. Fact! haha own it! :toast:

Thanks so much :grouphug:

Aunt Rapunzel
July 26th, 2017, 09:21 PM
♥ I'm so glad that you had those beautiful compliments, DweamGoiL! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous. I'm one of your "Hair Fans". And I completely agree with you - we need to compliment others with long hair that we admire when we're able. That can make a person's whole day turn around for the better!

I hope that your migraine is gone now. I'm sorry that you had to deal with that. :grouphug:

DweamGoiL
July 27th, 2017, 11:43 AM
♥ I'm so glad that you had those beautiful compliments, DweamGoiL! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous. I'm one of your "Hair Fans". And I completely agree with you - we need to compliment others with long hair that we admire when we're able. That can make a person's whole day turn around for the better!

I hope that your migraine is gone now. I'm sorry that you had to deal with that. :grouphug:

Headache is definitely gone now and thanks for the kind words :)

lizardspots
July 27th, 2017, 07:27 PM
That is marvellous! I have had compliments about my hair from my sister-in-law, though I think mostly because her hair doesn't grow beyond BSL because she straightens it every day, and envies my growth. I had one person at work comment saying "your hair is really long" but I don't think it was a compliment, more an unsaid "it would look better if you cut it..."

I am going to try getting better at complimenting people :D I always do when I notice an awesome hairdo at work.