PDA

View Full Version : Need help and opinions please!!!

brooks
July 25th, 2017, 08:01 AM
Ok so im a guy and i used to have long hair when i was small, until i was 5 years old. My two older sisters always took care of my hair when i was small. At this moment im 17, and currently my hairs length is 10cm (4inc). Now that i have acne, my older sister suggested me to use her old hairband/headband to keep my hair off from coming on my forehead. And im not going to lie, but at that time i kind of liked weaing her hairband. But then the hairband broke so we went to get new hairband, since she took me with her in the store to buy a new hairband and when i saw all the hair accessories i loved the feeling i got. So then we got myself a new elastic hairband and then whenever i would wear that hairband i just loved it. I loved the feeling of wearing a hairband, loved how my hair were pushed back. Since i loved it, i told my sister to get me another hairband but a plastic one. She got me one and she was like sorry i tried finding the best simple one but this is the closest i fond. And the hairband she brough kind of has girly designs and i was okay with that because i was just wearing hairbands inside of my house. And now i feel like growing out my hair so i can use my sisters hair accessories and i want my sisters to play with my hair and stuff. No im not gay, im straight i like girld but i want long hair. So how do i tell my sisters this?

lapushka
July 25th, 2017, 08:24 AM
I say rock the headbands, if you're worried they are too feminine, buy black ones (they come in all sorts of colors). And no need to "tell" anybody anything, when you're 17 you're old enough to take charge of yourself, so if you decide to grow your hair out, then that's the way it is. I don't quite see how your sisters figure into this, but maybe that's just me. :)

brooks
July 25th, 2017, 08:33 AM
I will use the hairbands, but after my hair gets longer i want to use stuff like what my sisters use such as hair clips, hair ties, bobby pins and etc. I also want to do hairstyles that my sisters do, like a bun or what not. And i feel like my sisters are going to surprised/weirded out by this.

Of the Fae
July 25th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Don't worry about gender norms, if you like to style your hair that way, go for it! Buns aren't just for women, same as pants aren't just for men. Do what feels good for you, it's your hair, and thus you should wear it in any way that suits your taste.
And if you don't, there's plenty of "manly" styles worn through the ages by all kinds of different men.

Otempura
July 25th, 2017, 09:01 AM
Just tell them that; if they're buying them for you now then it's likely they won't mind overly much. Beyond that if you lie to yourself about the things you want you won't be happy and you shouldn't have to live with lies. It creates a toxic emotional environment... I currently live with someone who is still recovering from "lying" to themself about things that they want and it's turned them into a bitter person.
As long as what you won't won't hurt other people or yourself then take the bull by the horns and go for it. Who cares what people think; it's your body, it's your aesthetic and ultimately your own happiness you're striving for. Some things should be done just for the simple pleasure, and what is life except the pursuit of good clean happiness and finding others to help celebrate it with you?
I'm sure it'll be okay, hun.

ChloeDharma
July 25th, 2017, 09:08 AM
Just tell them that; if they're buying them for you now then it's likely they won't mind overly much. Beyond that if you lie to yourself about the things you want you won't be happy and you shouldn't have to live with lies. It creates a toxic emotional environment... I currently live with someone who is still recovering from "lying" to themself about things that they want and it's turned them into a bitter person.
As long as what you won't won't hurt other people or yourself then take the bull by the horns and go for it. Who cares what people think; it's your body, it's your aesthetic and ultimately your own happiness you're striving for. Some things should be done just for the simple pleasure, and what is life except the pursuit of good clean happiness and finding others to help celebrate it with you?

:thumbsup: Excellent post!!

brooks
July 25th, 2017, 09:31 AM
Thank you so much to everyone who is helping me out! I really appreciate your support, thank you once again. :) <3

truepeacenik
July 25th, 2017, 09:37 AM
Long hair isn't necessarily tied to gender, gender identity, or sexual preferences, just so you know.

It might be more likely to get you picked on, depending on where you live.
But a few studies done in the 1980s-1990s suggest gay men have stronger preferences for short hair.
I spent my life surrounded by fellow hippies, so it's rare to see men with hair shorter than shoulder, if they still had hair. ;)

Obsidian
July 25th, 2017, 10:51 AM
There are plenty of men on the forum who wear buns and other hair accessories. Not many are active but they are out there. Trolleypup is the first that comes to mind, here are some of his pics. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=136784

brooks
July 25th, 2017, 12:32 PM
You all right :) I am going to grow out my hair!

reilly0167
July 25th, 2017, 01:25 PM
You all right :) I am going to grow out my hair!
Yea!!!!! Happy growing.

Lady Stardust
July 25th, 2017, 01:32 PM
My brother grew his hair when he was a teenager and used to ask me for accessories to tie it back, I didn't think it was weird, we never had a discussion about it because it wasn't a big deal at all.

If you had long hair as a kid anyway I don't suppose your sisters will bat an eyelid if you grow it again, and they sound pretty supportive.

I agree with everyone above that you should do exactly what you want with your hair, gender and sexual orientation are irrelevant to this.

Be yourself, and enjoy. Happy growing :-)

gthlvrmx
July 25th, 2017, 03:16 PM
I read this and your other post brooks, and (yes, I am a male as well) I have to tell you wearing any hair accessory or having long hair doesn't mean you are gay. You have to actually fit the actual definition of "homosexual" to be gay. So if you aren't attracted to other males, that's out of the question. It has nothing to do with hair.

I am also going to buy headbands soon as well! Not really for my hair since I can bun my hair and it's sparse at the top front of my head. But still! Go right ahead, do what you want, as long as you're not harming yourself or others, you are good in my eyes.

brooks
July 25th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Yea!!!!! Happy growing.
Thank you! :)

brooks
July 25th, 2017, 03:31 PM
My brother grew his hair when he was a teenager and used to ask me for accessories to tie it back, I didn't think it was weird, we never had a discussion about it because it wasn't a big deal at all.

If you had long hair as a kid anyway I don't suppose your sisters will bat an eyelid if you grow it again, and they sound pretty supportive.

I agree with everyone above that you should do exactly what you want with your hair, gender and sexual orientation are irrelevant to this.

Be yourself, and enjoy. Happy growing :-)
Ahhh i see and thank you!! :)

brooks
July 25th, 2017, 03:42 PM
I read this and your other post brooks, and (yes, I am a male as well) I have to tell you wearing any hair accessory or having long hair doesn't mean you are gay. You have to actually fit the actual definition of "homosexual" to be gay. So if you aren't attracted to other males, that's out of the question. It has nothing to do with hair.

I am also going to buy headbands soon as well! Not really for my hair since I can bun my hair and it's sparse at the top front of my head. But still! Go right ahead, do what you want, as long as you're not harming yourself or others, you are good in my eyes.
You have amazing hair! :) and thank you!!

melesine
July 25th, 2017, 03:45 PM

Well said! I also have someone in my life that waited a very long time to explore things they liked due to it being outside the expected gender norm according to mainstream society.

gthlvrmx
July 25th, 2017, 05:31 PM
You have amazing hair! :) and thank you!!

Thank you and you are welcome! Enjoy your hair growing journey and see your around the LHC!

brooks
July 25th, 2017, 09:30 PM
Thank you and you are welcome! Enjoy your hair growing journey and see your around the LHC!

Thank you! And see you around too :)

leayellena
July 26th, 2017, 12:46 AM
Ok so im a guy and i used to have long hair when i was small, until i was 5 years old. My two older sisters always took care of my hair when i was small. At this moment im 17, and currently my hairs length is 10cm (4inc). Now that i have acne, my older sister suggested me to use her old hairband/headband to keep my hair off from coming on my forehead. And im not going to lie, but at that time i kind of liked weaing her hairband. But then the hairband broke so we went to get new hairband, since she took me with her in the store to buy a new hairband and when i saw all the hair accessories i loved the feeling i got. So then we got myself a new elastic hairband and then whenever i would wear that hairband i just loved it. I loved the feeling of wearing a hairband, loved how my hair were pushed back. Since i loved it, i told my sister to get me another hairband but a plastic one. She got me one and she was like sorry i tried finding the best simple one but this is the closest i fond. And the hairband she brough kind of has girly designs and i was okay with that because i was just wearing hairbands inside of my house. And now i feel like growing out my hair so i can use my sisters hair accessories and i want my sisters to play with my hair and stuff. No im not gay, im straight i like girld but i want long hair. So how do i tell my sisters this?

my man has fine, thin hair to his collarbone (doesnīt grow any longer and before a major stress he had his thick as a snake hair down to the mid-back) and I bought for me and for him some softer hairties. I like how my braid is kept firmly without creating the dents or when pulled out without achieving spilt ends. he trusts me with his hair but ne never lets me cut it, not even a cm, nothing. but he is happy about the new shampoo. sometimes we joke about my hair: that whip will soon turn into a snake, a snake who just ate a mouse of course...
so I donīt see any problem to have a hobby named your hair...