PDA

View Full Version : Nyt article on washing hair

hayheadsbird
July 25th, 2017, 01:28 AM
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/24/fashion/how-to-wash-your-hair.html?mc=adintl&mcid=keywee&mccr=intmob&ad-keywords=IntlAudDev&kwp_0=422681&kwp_4=1553743&kwp_1=673858

I loved reading this!

Is Mr Robin here? It sounds like someone curated a hair washing post from LHC!

Natashap
July 25th, 2017, 01:33 AM
nice one,loved the link.thanks.

Sarahlabyrinth
July 25th, 2017, 01:36 AM
Good advice there, but I won't be buying his luxury products :) So expensive!

hayheadsbird
July 25th, 2017, 02:14 AM
I didn't even Google the products to see if they were in the UK for pretty much the same reason!

lapushka
July 25th, 2017, 02:43 AM
“You never should use a comb on hair that is wet. It’s very stressing on the hair.”

There's where I break that "rule". ;) I use a WT comb when my hair is out of its towel and before styling, last combing session before leaving it alone for an entire week.

“You should use only about a teaspoon and then you emulsify that with water.”

And another "rule" broken. I wash with 3 globs of shampoo (top, back, 2 sides). I have both SD and thick hair, so need to be able to distribute it through the hair well.

All in all, sounds as if he was about first with co-washing and such.

Very interesting.

Hairkay
July 25th, 2017, 04:13 AM
It's not so much as a right way to wash hair as a good method to washing straight to wavy hair. He does later on mention cowashing and non sulphate shampoo for curly hair but that's not the main thing he's talking about. Step 1 for me would be detangle wet hair with fingers if deciding to use a comb afterwards gently start combing from hair ends first. He does make a good point about people not rinsing out products properly.

lapushka
July 25th, 2017, 04:25 AM
It's not so much as a right way to wash hair as a good method to washing straight to wavy hair. He does later on mention cowashing and non sulphate shampoo for curly hair but that's not the main thing he's talking about. Step 1 for me would be detangle wet hair with fingers if deciding to use a comb afterwards gently start combing from hair ends first. He does make a good point about people not rinsing out products properly.

Or people not washing enough. I can't say how many wasn 'n go's I've watched on YT where people don't wash their napes under the shower. While standing up, they put shampoo on top of their heads and "let the suds travel down". Yeah, but... but, you do have to put shampoo over your entire scalp. :rolleyes:

Dendra
July 25th, 2017, 06:00 AM
Haha exactly Lapushka.

Thanks for the link hayheadsbird.