PDA

View Full Version : Summer hair woes

mariazelie
July 23rd, 2017, 02:24 PM
I only really hate my fine, thin hair in the humid summer months. I tell myself it won't last forever. It is finer, thinner, and limper than ever. I get so down about it. Anyone else share my misery?

amiaow
July 23rd, 2017, 08:44 PM
Your hair looks lovely in your profile pic. Could you encourage the wave in the humidity? You could also try a volumiser spray at your roots- something like KMS Add Volume volumizing spray could work well for you. Works for me with your hair type :)

Sarahlabyrinth
July 23rd, 2017, 09:03 PM
Your hair looks great in your avatar photo. Have you tried doing a French braid to get braid waves? They can add a lot of volume.

Corvana
July 23rd, 2017, 09:49 PM
Mine definitely gets gross faster in the summer. Bleh. I just put it up more because I can't be bothered to wash it more often just yet >.>

Frankenstein
July 24th, 2017, 06:24 AM
I recently decided that I'm not going to wear my hair down for the rest of the summer because humidity makes it look terrible. I feel your pain.

embee
July 24th, 2017, 09:23 AM
A good thing for me about summer heat and humidity is that it makes my flyaways fuzz up curly, which adds a bit of softness to my usual Mean Librarian slicked back bun. ;)

The great thing about long hair in summer is that I can put it up and forget it. It's not sticking to my neck, shoulders, back, face, being all hot and tickly. The humidity fuzz is too short to be annoying. In sunlight, the fuzz may catch the light and remind me of cat's fur. I find that nimbus attractive. :)

MoonRabbit
July 24th, 2017, 11:04 AM
All the frizz, frizz, frizz, frizz! :steam

My hair stays up during summer

NightSister
July 24th, 2017, 11:06 AM
Agree, I hide my hair in a braid when it is humid out so I can get those waves that Sarahlabyrinth suggested!

Ankjo
July 24th, 2017, 11:48 AM

Can relate.

Ophidian
July 24th, 2017, 02:51 PM
I recently decided that I'm not going to wear my hair down for the rest of the summer because humidity makes it look terrible. I feel your pain.

This is me too. When it's really humid my hair has this way of feeling dry and dirty at the same time when it is neither. Only way it behaves is if I let it out for washes, lightly oil it, and then send it back to its room :p

wispe
July 24th, 2017, 03:11 PM
I feel ya, my hair is pretty uncooperative in this hot/humid weather - either floofy and messy looking (like failed beach waves) or frizzy straightish limpness. If I wear it down it starts sticking to my skin (hello, sweat) and that's just too gross for me. I mostly wear it up and try not to stress about it. Thinking about joining the "wear hair up for a few months" challenge until this heat starts to subside. I basically only wear it down while it air dries but have been thinking of just damp bunning and braiding so I don't have to have it down much at all right now.

AmberLouise89
July 24th, 2017, 06:39 PM
I've been struggling badly with my hair this summer. The humidity where I live has been constantly at 70% to 90% bringing the heat index into the 100's+. Along with having temps in the 100's I have no air conditioning at home (and I'm stay at home so I'm here all day) it's been awful. I've been having to wash my hair every other day, which I never do. I've also been dealing with a lot of mechanical damage from having to put it up while it's damp, but I have no choice because it's always damp with this humidity. My hair has basically become a constant damp, matted, frizzy mess.

leayellena
July 24th, 2017, 11:54 PM
I have learned the hard way that you don't comb wavy hair when humid outside (my mom is a curly and she combs her hair with a small tooth comb since forever). Especially when you feel the comb rough but you don't know this could cause the breakage. You treat your hair with anti-breakage shampoo when you should only co-wash. Now I bun my braid or use a new comb. And a conditioner. Buying my hair haul next month. And microtrims will help my hair grow long and healthy.

SnowDancer
July 25th, 2017, 12:11 AM
Summer is such a frustrating time for me, hair wise. I'm never happy with it.

Natashap
July 25th, 2017, 01:36 AM
my hair has this dry plastic kinda feeling can'texplain in words.It is always in bun and looks dry but greasy roots.I miss my short pixie cut.