PDA

View Full Version : Are silk bonnets/pillow cases a "necessity"?

Rebeccalaurenxx
July 22nd, 2017, 07:36 PM
Or are there members here that have never used them and still reached long lengths?

I had a silk pillow case for a bit but it started getting annoying and then im between houses so I ended up needing more than one which would end up being more expensive. Someone then once suggested to me that I buy a silk bonnet or a cap to wear to bed.

Honestly though, I would feel so stupid wearing that... no offense to those of us that wear them. I guess im vain lol
But I am thinking about buying silk pillow cases (lost my other one) since I got a bit of cash recently. I need to get 2 so I dont want to buy them until I am certain.

But I wanted to ask, if you guys feel something like this helped your growth?
I braid at night, but I am a tosser. Anyone here never used them and never plan to? I feel like a lot of people here do use them...

Someone else also suggested maybe getting silk ribbon and braiding it in at night like a parandi, but it would not contain my hair so i dont bother lol.

rmani
July 22nd, 2017, 07:40 PM
I have both. I like the bonnet better because it prevents my hair from getting snagged (eg in my necklace, between mattress and bed, husband pulling on it). I used be vain too about it but one night I forgo the cap and my DH commented how it's easier for him because he doesn't have to worry about pulling my hair :p

neko_kawaii
July 22nd, 2017, 07:41 PM
LOL! My husband thinks I'm vain when I'm wearing my silk cap. I think I'm comfy.

I expect there are many who don't use special cases or caps.

Rebeccalaurenxx
July 22nd, 2017, 07:45 PM
I have both. I like the bonnet better because it prevents my hair from getting snagged (eg in my necklace, between mattress and bed, husband pulling on it). I used be vain too about it but one night I forgo the cap and my DH commented how it's easier for him because he doesn't have to worry about pulling my hair :p

I guess im lucky in that retrospect, my hair isnt long enough for that yet lol

Corvana
July 22nd, 2017, 07:56 PM
I didn't ever use anything until I joined LHC, and went out and bought a $5 sleep cap from Sally's that'd been recommended here. I've always had monster tangles because I move a lot in my sleep, and that was generally my main reason for any haircut I've gotten. Sleep cap = like 2 whole tangles for me in the morning, plus overall my hair is softer. I don't know, or frankly care, if it's helped my growth at all. But it has helped with my main problem with my hair, which is why I have converted.

I also like that my hair is contained, which is why I will probably stick with a cap instead of getting a pillowcase. I used to wake up with hair in my mouth way too much, plus my cats looove to pounce on anything that moves and I'd rather that not be my braid :laugh:

ETA: It's really up to you. I never "needed" one before, and got to about WL with no real problems. My hair is tough (and I love it for that), and I'd just have to deal with lots of tangles. But it's nice now to not have them so much!

Sarahlabyrinth
July 22nd, 2017, 08:10 PM
I don't think they are a "necessity". But they do reduce tangling such a lot, plus my hair is confined and in nobody's way (in a sleep cap). Plus DH thinks it looks cute :) I have been at waist before, when I knew nothing about hair care, and certainly wasn't using one, mind you, my hair is much healthier these days, with knowing how to look after it. It depends how long you want your hair too, of course, as to how much you want to baby it.

Andthetalltrees
July 22nd, 2017, 08:22 PM
No, I've never used them and I don't have any extra tangling or damage. I don't quite get them And I really hate the way silk/satin feels usually D: , I don't even braid my hair at night because it bothers me(But lately I've been waking up by it getting pulled from being trapped under me, So meh it needs to be contained somehow). I was going to buy/make a sleep bonnet but I'm 90% sure they'll bother me too. Living life as a rebel here :p

Kellylee
July 22nd, 2017, 08:42 PM
I have a satin one and it works fine. Granted I never had a silk one because I don't want to spend the money. I had a tshirt like cotton one and now that I switched over I see the difference. Braids stay in better and far less bed head. Long story short I would recommend a satin one, much cheaper and does basically the same thing.

Rowdy
July 22nd, 2017, 08:48 PM
I don't use them and my hair doesn't seem to need it. I did try it once for a week, I bought a silk button up shirt from a thrift store and buttoned it around my pillow.

Oh! I forgot I cut myself a headband/ scarf wrap from that button up. If I sleep in a high bun I'll tie that around like a headband to protect my nape hair. I use it pretty rarely though.

lithostoic
July 22nd, 2017, 08:49 PM
I'm thinking about getting a satin pillowcase because I nuzzle my pillow really aggressively at night. I'm sure that's why my sides hairline is thin. Other than that, I wouldn't need it. My ends are fine.

Larki
July 22nd, 2017, 10:31 PM
I use both. My hair is quite fine and delicate so I used to accidentally pull strands out by pinning my hair under my elbows or sides when sleeping or getting up. With it contained in the cap, that doesn't happen, and the silk keeps it much less frizzy. The pillowcase is mostly for wrinkle prevention honestly, but a few times a month I'm too tired to bother with the cap and only use the pillowcase.

Rebeccalaurenxx
July 22nd, 2017, 10:59 PM
LOL! My husband thinks I'm vain when I'm wearing my silk cap. I think I'm comfy.

I expect there are many who don't use special cases or caps.

I mean, so far from the responses, I am seeing a lot of "I use them" and not "I do not use them and never will!" So. Lol.

neko_kawaii
July 22nd, 2017, 11:34 PM
I don't use them and my hair doesn't seem to need it. I did try it once for a week, I bought a silk button up shirt from a thrift store and buttoned it around my pillow.

Oh! I forgot I cut myself a headband/ scarf wrap from that button up. If I sleep in a high bun I'll tie that around like a headband to protect my nape hair. I use it pretty rarely though.

Brilliant! I was also going to suggest to anyone who wants to try a silk cap but can't afford one, to buy a silk shirt from a thrift store and a pack of elastic and make their own. I got my silk from a fabric store clearance, so there is that option too.

I've never liked having hair loose at any length beyond pixie, so I've braided nightly since I mastered braiding as a kid. A cap means I don't end up tangled up in my fingertip length braid, or have it stuck under my husband. Oof. But those aren't issues that concern everyone. Do what works for you!

Reyn127
July 22nd, 2017, 11:57 PM
I don't use either, but I think that either would generally be helpful. Personally, I just don't sleep with a pillow, and I couldn't manage to keep something on my head all night, so I gave up on sleep caps after a few weeks. Though, what I mainly think is important is keeping your hair contained in some way, whether that's in a sleep cap, or a braid, or keeping it flipped up over a silk pillowcase all night.

school of fish
July 23rd, 2017, 01:17 AM
Nope, I simply can't bring myself to wear one ;)

Aredhel
July 23rd, 2017, 01:47 AM
I've grown my hair past classic long before I'd even heard of silk pillowcases or caps. I prefer them now, but it's just because they feel nice to sleep on and reduce the tangles significantly.

Siri
July 23rd, 2017, 02:41 AM
No, I've never used them and I don't have any extra tangling or damage. I don't quite get them And I really hate the way silk/satin feels usually D: , I don't even braid my hair at night because it bothers me(But lately I've been waking up by it getting pulled from being trapped under me, So meh it needs to be contained somehow). I was going to buy/make a sleep bonnet but I'm 90% sure they'll bother me too. Living life as a rebel here :p

Same with me. I have some silk/satin pillowcases but I don't like the way they feel against my face way too hot so I don't use them. I braid my hair for bedtime and no tangles or problems, my hair is waist length.

diddiedaisy
July 23rd, 2017, 03:13 AM
I have a silky pillowcase. I sleep on my front and was getting a lot of splits on the sides of my baby fine fragile hair. This problem has been massively reduced since the pillowcase change. As a bonus I don't wake up with long deep creases on my face from my cotton cases anymore!!!! They take so much longer to disappear as you get older haha

I wouldn't wear a sleep cap as it would get on my nerves feeling it around my hairline, and as a front/side sleeper who moves a lot it probably wouldn't stay on.

lapushka
July 23rd, 2017, 04:18 AM
I have used cotton pillowcases for most of my length and saw no difference whatsoever. Now I have microfiber bedding (& pillow casings) and that is something I actually prefer. Very smooth but not "slippery" smooth. It's like the best of both worlds. I would recommend it to anyone!

Crystawni
July 23rd, 2017, 04:44 AM
I've got 2 silk bonnets, but they're languishing in the cupboard. :whistle: I sleep better with a naked head that's unconfined in this hot climate, although I do bun my hair low and secure the bun with Quattro starlites. No tangles. No suffocation from wayward hairmonsters. No worries. The silk cap did make my hair silkier, but that's not always a good thing with already slippery, soft hair. And hearing the hubster call me Little Red Riding Hood when I wore my red one, or Laura from Little House on the Prairie with my earthier green one? Aaaaaaaaaaaargh. As for silk pillowcases, again, too hot, slippery and not practical for the climate I live in.

So, nope, I vote not necessary for growing to longer lengths.

*Wednesday*
July 23rd, 2017, 06:25 AM
I use neither and am at my longest length hip. I do wear my hair braided at night or a loose bun. Never loose.

Dendra
July 23rd, 2017, 06:41 AM
Instead of a silk pillowcase I use a silk scarf, and lay it where my head rests. I don't move around much in the night which helps keep it in place, but even on nights where I do my head is basically still on it in the morning.

This could be a cheap option for you, you just need a piece of silk.

pandabarrier
July 23rd, 2017, 09:23 AM
You don't have to use it if you don't want to. I wear silk sleep cap or make a loose braid, and wrap my pillow with second hand silk blouse because I toss and turn a lot during my sleep. There are way less tangles and frizz.

NightSister
July 23rd, 2017, 09:41 AM
I use both! And I sleep with a silk eye mask as well - the elastic keeps the bonnet on. It's helpful for days when you don't want to wear your hair braided to bed. My hair is way less frizzy easier to detangle in the morning.

AspenSong
July 23rd, 2017, 09:42 AM
I think it completely depends on the person and the hair. For me, my satin sleep caps are a Godsend. My hair is fine and thin and I know that they help me immensely with tangling. I have tried to sleep bare-headed on just a silky pillowcase and it just didn't cut it for me. A braid gets caught under me or a cat or something. Loose is just not a good idea in any way. And I've tried to bun on top of my head and that's always been a big mess by morning. So for me and my hair, it's something that makes life and my hair much happier and easier. But like everything else with our hair journeys, everyone is different. :) I feel like all you can do with anything to do with your hair, is ultimately give it a try and see how it works for you. Because what works for many, may not work for you....and vice versa. I've got a mile long list of things that work for everyone else here, that my hate LOATHES. lol. You just have to experiment and try!

Garnetgem
July 23rd, 2017, 09:59 AM
I have never used a silk or satin pillowcase but have bought material to make my own(when i have time)but i tried the silk bonnet but it kept waking me up,i didn't like the feel of it on my head so that idea was rejected...but what i use most and for a few years now is Egyptian cotton pillow cases so smooth without causing to slide about in your sleep..but i will try the silk pillow case some time,i am so curious to see the results!

Rebeccalaurenxx
July 23rd, 2017, 12:10 PM
I've got 2 silk bonnets, but they're languishing in the cupboard. :whistle: I sleep better with a naked head that's unconfined in this hot climate, although I do bun my hair low and secure the bun with Quattro starlites. No tangles. No suffocation from wayward hairmonsters. No worries. The silk cap did make my hair silkier, but that's not always a good thing with already slippery, soft hair. And hearing the hubster call me Little Red Riding Hood when I wore my red one, or Laura from Little House on the Prairie with my earthier green one? Aaaaaaaaaaaargh. As for silk pillowcases, again, too hot, slippery and not practical for the climate I live in.

So, nope, I vote not necessary for growing to longer lengths.

YUP! I dont want to get made fun of by the DBF so head caps are NOT for me ! Good to know. I have always admired your hair, so I am glad you gave your two cents lol

Rebeccalaurenxx
July 23rd, 2017, 12:11 PM
Nope, I simply can't bring myself to wear one ;)

Oh hair twin! Thank you :p

Wildcat Diva
July 23rd, 2017, 12:25 PM
I often wear a "unicorn bun" on the top of my head to bed along with a sleep cap sometimes and that never caused me to not get any romantic attention by the hubster. Your mileage may vary, I suppose.

About whether or not this is necessary... unless I had years of experience doing without for an experiment, I'm not sure how I would know this. Even if I tried this experiement, it would be flawed, because to many other variables could change over time, including stress, aging, hormones, diet and exercise levels, etc. so I'm quite sure I in good faith can't accurately answer the question properly if I'm doing it justice with proper consideration.

Nique1202
July 23rd, 2017, 04:29 PM
Probably not necessary for most people, but for some hair types (and especially if you can't find a place to put a bun at night where it will stay in place and be comfortable) they can be very helpful.

Personally, I tried an acetate satin pillowcase for a few nights and it just got sweaty and dirty faster than my regular cotton flannel pillowcases, and it seemed to dry my hair out more than the cotton as well. I can barely keep an eye mask on through the night (I'm a toss-and-turn side-to-side sleeper, a spin pin cinnabun on the back of my head is the ONLY reason the eye mask stays in place at all) let alone trying to keep a cap of any description attached without choking myself, so that's right out. So, I will never use either of them, and if I reach a false terminal, so be it. I've made it almost to classic with no help while I sleep and I'd be pretty happy right where I am if I couldn't get any longer.

Crystawni
July 23rd, 2017, 04:47 PM
YUP! I dont want to get made fun of by the DBF so head caps are NOT for me ! Good to know. I have always admired your hair, so I am glad you gave your two cents lol

:rolling: :D And thank you! :smooch:

I'm in an area that's full of longhairs of all ages, and doubt many if any use silk anythings to get to their length. And my daughters (finies like me) have also grown to long lengths a few times (and in different locations from the colder south of Australia to the tropical north) without silky intervention. I'd only ever read about it here on LHC, actually. So, considering ALL the longhairs out there... Okay, yeah, not all are undamaged and look great, but it's still long to extra-long and seems to have got there no matter what.

Anje
July 23rd, 2017, 05:57 PM
My satin bonnets almost were at one time. It's not so much that I would end up sleeping on my braid or wake to find it wound disconcertingly around my neck, as it was that my cat would hold it down with her paws, seize it in her teeth, and try to shred it! But the bonnet helped with those other things and eliminated tangles too.

Aredhel
July 23rd, 2017, 07:02 PM
I often wear a "unicorn bun" on the top of my head to bed along with a sleep cap sometimes and that never caused me to not get any romantic attention by the hubster. Your mileage may vary, I suppose.

Haha ditto... I go to sleep with a neck pillow (to force myself to lie on my back) and an eye mask, along with a funky topknot... despite the occasional chuckle when we're heading to bed ("you all strapped in for bedtime?"), I still get plenty of loving from DH.:lol:

spidermom
July 23rd, 2017, 07:07 PM
I don't think you have to buy silk. My pillowcases are made of polyester, but they're very smooth. I also have a couple of very smooth cotton pillowcases, but I like the polyester better because I get hot at night and am always flipping my pillow around so that I can put my face on the cool side. Cotton doesn't seem to have a cool side.

ErinEM
July 24th, 2017, 02:08 PM
I tried putting a silk shirt around my pillow, but I, too, am not really crazy about the feel of silk. I've also tried tying the shirt around my head like a bonnet, but it just slides off in the night. =\ I'm looking for ways to protect my hair, because I think I get a lot of breakage and I have serious tapering from the base of my hair to the ends. I'm going to see if I can find a way to turn the shirt into something that actually stays on my head, and try it for a while. But I'm very fussy and sensitive and don't really like having anything on my head or face while I'm trying to sleep (sheets? eye masks? bobby pins? side braids? forget it! -_-").

Chromis
July 24th, 2017, 03:04 PM
I don't really think much beyond food, water, and shelter is a "necessity" for life or hair growth, but I do find a silky pillowcase helpful. The biggest change though was learning from the boards to braid my hair at night! I toss and turn and used to get the most awful tangles. I have never tried a pure silk pillowcase, but even just satin ones make a big difference in how frizzy I look in the morning.

I've never tried a bonnet. Aside from how much ribbing I would get from the other side of the mattress, I hate wearing hats to bed. Even camping I tear off bandanas or woolly toques in my sleep even though I happily wear them while awake. Hate wearing socks to bed too.

ErinEM
July 24th, 2017, 03:10 PM
Chromis, I'm the same way about socks! XD

Also, that's encouraging to hear you've grown your hair so long without having a 100% silk pillowcase.

Chromis
July 24th, 2017, 03:34 PM
Chromis, I'm the same way about socks! XD

Also, that's encouraging to hear you've grown your hair so long without having a 100% silk pillowcase.

Love me some socks, just not in bed! Even my own handknit ones :laugh:

I should mention one of my earlier stumbling blocks was flannel. I see others can use it, maybe they have nicer flannels than I did, but it gives me the most terrible tangles. Every tangle had a little nucleus of sheet coloured lint, which is how I realized what was happening. Back when I ripped a nylon brush through my hair, I just thought I had terrible hair that was doomed to tangles. When I have slept in other people's guest rooms with flannel sheets, I do tend to get a tangle or two even with my braid. (This is probably where a sleep cap would really, really shine for the people who don't fling things off in their sleep!)

yahirwaO.o
July 24th, 2017, 07:22 PM

Your comment basically sump ups me!!! I used to sleep with my hair down and couldn't even bother with fancy pillows. My hair doesn't tangle frizzes not matter what I do so yeah heck it!!!! :p

Rebeccalaurenxx
July 24th, 2017, 07:33 PM

Its not that I wont get any lovin', more like I know ill hear a comment and I would rather not at all, from anyone not just DBF. And I will hear it, from my mother, sister, father, boyfriend, everyone that sees me in it. Whether its joking or not, it would kind of make me feel ugly. LOL.
I already know I would look ugly with something like that on my head, so hearing any comment, even if its a joke, would bother me.
Regardless if it was met afterward with kisses, lol. I like to feel pretty - a sleep cap would not make me feel pretty.

PrincessAralin
July 24th, 2017, 08:50 PM
I've had satin pillowcases ever since I was a little girl. I have extremely sensitive skin and frizzy/fragile hair, also I have a life-long love affair with satin everything, so it was kind of a natural choice. You can get decently priced mulberry silk cases on etsy and stuff if you're concerned with cost.

Wildcat Diva
July 24th, 2017, 10:12 PM
Its not that I wont get any lovin', more like I know ill hear a comment and I would rather not at all, from anyone not just DBF. And I will hear it, from my mother, sister, father, boyfriend, everyone that sees me in it. Whether its joking or not, it would kind of make me feel ugly. LOL.
I already know I would look ugly with something like that on my head, so hearing any comment, even if its a joke, would bother me.
Regardless if it was met afterward with kisses, lol. I like to feel pretty - a sleep cap would not make me feel pretty.

That's understandable.

For me, I'm a mom, and married 20 years and I don't care whether I feel pretty all the time. If I want to do something, I will. But if something doesn't please me (like if I feel bad about it, like that I think that I look ugly to myself) yeah, I don't think that would work for me... but this is something I wear around the house or to bed, so I don't care about this particular thing myself.

Krissycats
August 25th, 2017, 10:58 PM
Several of the Marshalls near me in SoCal are clearing out their satin pillow cases for a good price. They keep them with the beauty products, not the linens. TJ Maxx, too.

Aquaria
April 6th, 2020, 05:58 PM
I've had satin pillowcases ever since I was a little girl. I have extremely sensitive skin and frizzy/fragile hair, also I have a life-long love affair with satin everything, so it was kind of a natural choice. You can get decently priced mulberry silk cases on etsy and stuff if you're concerned with cost.

girl you sound hella insecure, no offense lol. u dont have to wear it if you dont want to but damnnn work on your confidence, unless you just got in a relationship with this dude then I kinda get it but otherwise yikes

demonamay
April 6th, 2020, 05:58 PM
Yes I think they’re very important. I noticed when I sleep in cotton I wake up with very dry, matted hair. That never happens with my silk pillowcase/

AutobotsAttack
April 7th, 2020, 03:27 AM
I think they’re important depending on what hair type you have, but I also think they’re important concerning long-term. For me, it’s an absolute must for me to wear either a silk scarf or bonnet, if I want any moisture to remain in my hair while I sleep. But for my husband, he just sleeps on a regular cotton pillowcase. He’s tried to sleep with a bonnet on himself (I bought him one lol), but they just come flying off, and he says that silk or satin pillowcases make him sweat.

He wakes up with super tangled hair most times, but he’ll brush them out in the morning and continue on with the day. But as for me, nope. Gotta keep my hair covered at night.

SleepyTangles
April 7th, 2020, 04:35 AM
For me, sleeping on a smooth silk surface proved very beneficial. The hair is shinier, keeps a better shape and I wake up with far less tangles and static.
But I can't stand sleeping in a bonnet or turban, so I just tie a silk scarf around my pillow. I guess this doesn't offer any "containing" benefits of the bonnet, but with my hair length Is hardly a problem.
Plus, I found that it improved my skin: I change the scarf every other day and I find I have less pimples/blemishes.

windyballoons
April 7th, 2020, 02:10 PM
For me, sleeping on a smooth silk surface proved very beneficial. The hair is shinier, keeps a better shape and I wake up with far less tangles and static.
But I can't stand sleeping in a bonnet or turban, so I just tie a silk scarf around my pillow. I guess this doesn't offer any "containing" benefits of the bonnet, but with my hair length Is hardly a problem.
Plus, I found that it improved my skin: I change the scarf every other day and I find I have less pimples/blemishes.

I'm the opposite! I had to give up on my satin pillowcases because they were making my acne problem even worse.

I had a cheap satin sleep bonnet for a while but the band was dyed black, and the dye started staining everything. Plus I found the elastic uncomfortable... too tight... And it always came off in the night. I've also tried satin scarves but they just slither away. So I've mostly given up on protecting my hair at night.

CopperButterfly
April 7th, 2020, 02:44 PM
I do not use a silk pillow case or sleep cap. I have a satin sleep cap, but I've used it only a few times when wanting to preserve a braided hairstyle for the next day. Most nights I leave it loose or braid it if I feel like it. I don't move a ton in my sleep though, so I don't have trouble with tangles.

I think there are benefits, but it's not required unless your hair is very fragile.

GoddesJourney
April 7th, 2020, 03:40 PM
I've found that I always have short pieces around my face that fail to grow long. If I use a good silk pillowcase, they slowly make progress. I guess the cotton pillowcase rubs more.

jenn14
April 7th, 2020, 05:35 PM
I have almost classic length hair and i've never used a silk or satin bonnet or pillow case. I'm curious about it but haven't bothered investing. I do braid my hair before bed and I do think it helps a little with preventing tangles in the morning. I wouldn't say it's necessary to have a silk bonnet or pillowcase, my hair is pretty healthy!

cjk
April 7th, 2020, 07:25 PM
I found a cheap satin pillowcase at the Dollar Tree. Yes, $1. And yes I sleep on it.

Because I wear a sleep braid, I can say with certainty that my braid shreds less overnight on the satin pillowcase.

perhaps something of higher quality would be more protective but this is already a significant upgrade from the basic cotton pillowcase I was using previously.

FrayedFire
April 7th, 2020, 11:46 PM
I found a cheap satin pillowcase at the Dollar Tree. Yes, $1. And yes I sleep on it.

Because I wear a sleep braid, I can say with certainty that my braid shreds less overnight on the satin pillowcase.

perhaps something of higher quality would be more protective but this is already a significant upgrade from the basic cotton pillowcase I was using previously.

Yup, that's what I use too. Less frizzing and tangles from rubbing, regardless of whether or not my hair is loose. Major improvement, especially since I have fine hair. Biggest con is that they sleep hot. I would like a bonnet, but I haven't yet found a comfortable one that will stay on.

Servana
April 8th, 2020, 12:40 AM
The longest my hair has been is hip+ and I didn't really have split ends. Definitely wasn't using silk bonnets or pillow cases, sleeping with my hair out on cotton pillow cases. I did actually get some silk pillow cases maybe 2 months ago for the aesthetic but I don't feel my hair is any less frizzy.

Longlegs
April 8th, 2020, 01:35 AM
I bought a couple about 6 months ago, they feel nice but I don't think they've made much difference to my hair.

unheardletters
April 8th, 2020, 06:44 AM
I bought a silk pillowcase about 3 years ago and it didn’t seem to make any difference right away but I kept with it and it has really made a huge difference in my hair and skin. I used to cut hundreds of split ends daily, I could not keep up with them, but now I have none, I used to have tons of short hairs that never grew past 2”, especially at my nape but now I have only a few. So my hair is now growing longer where it never did. Satin pillow cases cause me to sweat more and cause me to have breakouts, so I only use silk.

gossamer
April 8th, 2020, 07:41 AM
I have thought occasionally of getting a non-cotton pillowcase, but since one of my cats sleeps every night on my pillow with me, I don't think having something slippery like that would be good for him, and it would also get snags from accidental claw catches eventually anyway. Yes, I love my cat more than my hair!

eresh
April 8th, 2020, 08:02 AM
Same here Gossamer!
My cat sleeps with me on my pillow.
Plus, I don't like the slipperiness of satin.

So, I have never used bonnets/sleepingcaps (my husband would die laughing...) or satin pillows.

lapushka
April 8th, 2020, 10:05 AM

Why wouldn't it be good. :shrug: Don't be fussed about the $1 price tag. It can even be better than some of the ones you find online. :thumbsup:

I got a few from "Zeeman", which is a cheaper textile store here (underwear, and the basics, some clothes). If for some reason I can't find my microfiber pillowcases, they'll do the job just fine!