PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal or too much after 3 days of not showering?

ninjarambohd
July 22nd, 2017, 03:54 AM
Hi everyone. So after 3 days of not showering I woke up this morning and brushed my hair over the sink for about 1 minute or so. Is this too much hair or is this normal?

Thank you all.
https://s2.postimg.org/cww2o7yq1/DSC_3612.jpg

ShilvaA
July 22nd, 2017, 04:02 AM
That is a hell of a lot less than is in my sink every time I brush my hair over it. But normal is different for everyone. I would say mothing to worry about. IMHO.

Sarahlabyrinth
July 22nd, 2017, 04:17 AM
That doesn't look like much hair. But - are they ends which have broken off?

*Wednesday*
July 22nd, 2017, 05:25 AM
That looks like broken hair from over-processing. Not hair shed.

lucid
July 22nd, 2017, 05:29 AM
Could be short hair?
If that's the case, I would say that it could be a lot of shed. I would expect short shedded hair to fall straight out, and not get trapped in the rest of the hair like with long hair. I'm not sure though.

*Wednesday*
July 22nd, 2017, 05:34 AM
Could be short hair?

Yes, true.😀 Maybe the OP can share some more details on her hair.

ninjarambohd
July 22nd, 2017, 05:37 AM
Apology everyone for the delay. Correct I had a buzz cut about a month ago and haven't had a haircut since. Most of the hairs have a little white bulb at the end of them

lapushka
July 22nd, 2017, 06:29 AM
Hi everyone. So after 3 days of not showering I woke up this morning and brushed my hair over the sink for about 1 minute or so. Is this too much hair or is this normal?

Thank you all.
https://s2.postimg.org/cww2o7yq1/DSC_3612.jpg

That's like... nothing. For 3 days, that is a dream come true.

Don't worry so much, and most of all... don't panic! :D

ninjarambohd
July 22nd, 2017, 06:31 AM
Thank you for your reply. OK that put my mind at ease then. In the shower I usually rinse and repeat about 2 or 3 times. The first time I rinse I would have the same amount of hair that's in the sink fall out as well. But On the second or third rinse there is literally no more hair. Is that normal too?

lucid
July 22nd, 2017, 07:11 AM
It's impossible counting shed hair when the hair is that short. You would have to contain it somehow, to catch the ones that just falls of throughout the day. It is normal to shed up to 100 hairs a day.

I have had a buzz cut before, and never saw shed hairs at all. :/

Sarahlabyrinth
July 22nd, 2017, 04:31 PM
Oh, if it's short hair, then you have nothing to worry about :)

Rebeccalaurenxx
July 22nd, 2017, 07:16 PM
I was like IS THAT BREAKAGE?!?!

sigh of relief lol looks pretty normal to me, sometimes i shed a lot one day during the week. people shed a lot, i know i do. dont know why, but some days i just shed more than others so for like 2 weeks i will hardly shed at all then suddenly for 2-3 days ill shed like crazy, i would keep an eye on it for a month and see if your shed rates change through the month.

ninjarambohd
July 23rd, 2017, 03:55 AM
Oh that's exactly my case too. Sometimes I may go a month without shedding much and other times I will shed a lot. Thank you everyone anyways for all your replies. You all put my mind at ease. Thank you!