PDA

View Full Version : ways to jump start growth after a stall?

Obsidian
July 20th, 2017, 06:41 PM
Anyone ever heard of ways to jump start growth after a stall? I generally grow 1/2" a month but starting in march I started a shed and stall. Now I'm only growing 1/4" a month and I'd like to try and get my hair moving again.
I have a few thin areas from the shed that are upsetting, I'd like to see some baby hairs in there. I was really wondering about trying monistat, at least a few times but at this point, I'm willing to try almost anything.

My diet isn't the best but I do eat plenty of protein and any medical issues I have are under control.

Sarahlabyrinth
July 20th, 2017, 07:05 PM
My advice would be to try and eat as healthily as you are able, get protein every day, drink water, get some exercise, sleep well and be patient.

Obsidian
July 20th, 2017, 08:47 PM
My advice would be to try and eat as healthily as you are able, get protein every day, drink water, get some exercise, sleep well and be patient.

I'm trying but the patient part is hard.

Kellylee
July 20th, 2017, 08:50 PM
Drink lots of water. I know it's not really the advice your looking for. If you really wanna try something, maybe try a vitamin. Don't spend money on those expensive hair vitamins, just Walmart ones would be just as good.

Obsidian
July 20th, 2017, 09:06 PM
I drink plenty of water, one of the perks of being prone to kidney stones lol. Vitamins are one thing I don't take. I actually have some hair vit that my daughter bought but never took. I haven't really taken any because I wasn't sure if I want the biotin.
I have been pretty tired lately, wonder if my iron is low? I'll have to get it checked next time I'm at the docs.

Garnetgem
July 20th, 2017, 09:20 PM
Some good advice already but what i found to help me was juicing apples every day...pink lady apples were the best they are known to help hair growth..any fruit is good but i always put them in a juicer..i had a growth spurt afterwards an unexpected one at that..

Nique1202
July 21st, 2017, 04:36 AM
The only thing that will get your growth up to its maximum is to be as healthy as you can manage and eliminate as much of the cause of the shed and stall as possible. There's nothing special about apples or biotin or water that makes your hair grow faster. Unfortunately, if your hair is growing more slowly now than it was before your stall, then it's possible that either part of the cause of the stall is still in effect, or something else has come up in the mean time. I wish there were a magic wand to wave, or a single thing to start eating or taking or applying to make hair grow faster, but it just ain't happening. :shrug:

pandabarrier
July 21st, 2017, 02:59 PM
Anyone ever heard of ways to jump start growth after a stall? I generally grow 1/2" a month but starting in march I started a shed and stall. Now I'm only growing 1/4" a month and I'd like to try and get my hair moving again.
I have a few thin areas from the shed that are upsetting, I'd like to see some baby hairs in there. I was really wondering about trying monistat, at least a few times but at this point, I'm willing to try almost anything.

My diet isn't the best but I do eat plenty of protein and any medical issues I have are under control.

Obsidian, hope you find this long post somewhat useful. Other LHC members, please don't belittle me.
You could try onion juice if you don't have sensitive scalp and can bear the smell of onion during the prepping and application.
I applied onion juice 8x last fall, because I was worried I had shed too much hair last summer. I thicknened onion juice with fenugreek powder, applied on the scalp upside down with an applicator bottle, covered, leaving for 1 hour, then rinsed and washed my hair. The smell lingered on the scalp even after the wash and ACV rinse, so I did SMT or henna gloss, and that removed the smell.
I always started on the left side, putting a lot of onion juice, and now I have more hair on my left side, on areas (nape) that didn't have hair before. The new growth (not wispies, they are getting longer) is about 3 inches long.
I stopped doing onion juice because I thought it was too much work to do SMTs so often as my hair grew longer (just to get rid of the smell, not because my hair needed).
I didn't measure length before and after. I didn't notice super growth, but bangs grew 0.75" in a month, instead of regular 0.5", it stopped the shed, and new hair grew out..
Second alternative is radish. I ate a lot of radishes with onions during the winter, and the weeks after I ate them my bangs grew from regular 0.5" to 0.75" per month.

lapushka
July 21st, 2017, 03:34 PM
Obsidian, I think you are panicking a bit because you just cut your hair, and maybe regret it to a point? Maybe that's why this stall is now so important. I would just hang in there, take it slow and one day at a time, and don't do anything rash like cut it even shorter (that for sure isn't going to help). :flower:

You can do it!

Obsidian
July 21st, 2017, 04:00 PM
pandabarrier Thanks, I've heard about onions but not really looked into, I'll do some checking. I love radishes so that will be easy to add into my diet.

lapushka Not panicking and no regrets on the cut but I would like to see normal growth, I am anxious to see my grays and I'm ready for the henna to be gone! I've never experienced a large shed or stall before so it does have me a bit off kilter, I just don't know what to expect as far as recovery goes.

I know there is no magic potion for quick hair growth, I just want my normal growth back. Maybe after I get my tonsils out next month my system will get back to normal.

pandabarrier
July 21st, 2017, 04:22 PM
pandabarrier Thanks, I've heard about onions but not really looked into, I'll do some checking. I love radishes so that will be easy to add into my diet.

Good luck with the onions, I found yellow onion was the best to extract a lot of juice. Warning: the scalp feels hot during the onion juice application and "marinating" time, after wash the scalp goes back to normal, but if you think your scalp can't handle it don't do it!
Didn't you try the scent remover shampoo, that removes human scent, for hunters? It might remove the onion smell!!

Obsidian
July 21st, 2017, 04:34 PM
Good memory, it was me that used the hunters shampoo. If I go through with the onion juice, I will try that poo to get rid of it.

hobbitlocks
July 21st, 2017, 07:51 PM
Maybe try adding caffeine rinses? (http://science-yhairblog.blogspot.com/2017/02/scientifically-tested-over-counter.html?m=1)