PDA

View Full Version : After color (kit) conditioners sold as individual item?

golfgal
July 19th, 2017, 11:24 AM
There are some very old threads on this but maybe someone has newer info - the tiny pouch of after color conditioners sold in store bought box color are absolutely wonderful for immediately smoothing and detangling hair scrunched up by color treatment. Even a few leftover drops mixed with a regular conditioner is nice a few days later... It's like conditioner on steroids - 100x strength.

I want to buy it by the big bottle - but no one's talking! :-( Where can this magical formula be found?

Eastbound&Down
July 19th, 2017, 11:30 AM
I'm don't think they are sold in bottles. You could try amazon or other such websites.

saff.cel
July 19th, 2017, 11:57 AM
The best thing you can do is to find someone who constantly colors their hair, but doesn't use their conditioner after the dye. My mom literally had a BASKET of these little hair color tubes. I totally took them home. Look for someone you know intimately who has their hair cut short is is probably old enough to be covering grey. My mom went natural a few years ago, so the conditioner train don't stop here no more ;)

jennareid
July 19th, 2017, 12:04 PM
You can get Clairol Colour Seal Conditioner on Amazon. (https://www.amazon.com/Clairol-Color-Conditioner-Beautiful-Brunettes/dp/B0193G0OWA?th=1) Pretty sure I've seen it in Boots or Superdrug in the UK too but that was years ago.

meteor
July 19th, 2017, 12:13 PM
^ Yes, Clariol is the only one I know, as well. :)

diddiedaisy
July 19th, 2017, 01:52 PM
Supermarkets usually sell sachets or really small bottles, I've never seen big ones though.

reilly0167
July 19th, 2017, 02:35 PM
I remember revlon colorsilk sold theirs separately at walmart and sallys dont know if they still do.

Anje
July 19th, 2017, 03:03 PM
I have heard you can get some of them at Sally Beauty, but I haven't really gone hunting for them.

AZDesertRose
July 19th, 2017, 03:23 PM
It seems like I remember my mom finding out that (I think the L'Oreal after-color conditioner) was sold in bottles under a different name, but I'd have to ask, and right this moment is a bad time to call because she's probably busy cooking supper and her hands aren't free. I intend to call her in a couple of hours anyway for another reason, so I'll try to remember to ask about this too. (This would be US sources, because that's where we live. I'm sorry, but I'm not in a good position to know about ways to buy it outside the US.)

mamastawb
July 19th, 2017, 03:47 PM
There are coupons for hair dye in the newspaper regularly. Buy the box, take the conditioner, and donate the dye to a womens shelter. I think it's the L'Oreal ones that come with a larger tube rather than just a one-time squeeze packet.

AZDesertRose
July 19th, 2017, 04:35 PM
There are coupons for hair dye in the newspaper regularly. Buy the box, take the conditioner, and donate the dye to a womens shelter. I think it's the L'Oreal ones that come with a larger tube rather than just a one-time squeeze packet.

That's not a bad idea, but some people may not have the budget to spend the money on a box of hair color just to get the little tube of conditioner.

Just a thought, not trying to be a jerk. :flower:

renia22
July 19th, 2017, 04:43 PM
You can buy a full tube of the Feria conditioner that comes in the color kits at Sally's for around $10. I used it and liked it.

AZDesertRose
July 19th, 2017, 05:49 PM
Okay, talked to my mom. She said she was able to buy Clairol's Nice 'n' Easy CC plus Color Seal conditioner, which comes in different shades for different hair colors, because, in addition to conditioning, it also touches up the color a bit, at Publix, which is a supermarket chain that hasn't gotten out of the southeastern US as far as I'm aware, but if Publix has it, Walmart and Target may also have it. She said it comes in a white tube, about the same size as the tube included with a hair color kit, and the white tube has a band near the bottom of the tube in the hair color for which it is intended; that is, the one for brown hair will have a brown band, the one for blonde hair will have a gold band, and the one for red hair will have a red band.

She also said that she has found that Pantene makes a conditioner called Three-Minute Miracle (and I verified with her that it was in fact Pantene and not Aussie, since Aussie makes a conditioner also called Three-Minute Miracle or at least they used to make it) that she bought at Walmart, and it comes in a large gold tube and in several different varieties; she specifically mentioned an "anti-frizz" variety, but she said the "sleek and shiny" variety is the one she likes to use on her hair. There may be a few other varieties of it as well, but she said that the Pantene Three-Minute Miracle is just about as good a conditioner as the ones that come in hair color kits.

I hope that helps, and I'm sorry I'm no help for non-US sources. :flowers:

golfgal
July 19th, 2017, 08:24 PM
Thanks so far everyone - I do remember many years ago that Colorsilk had it as a stand alone for a short time.

I found the Clairol ColorSeal at WalMart for $5.50 shipped free so I ordered one to try out. If I like it there are quite a few on Ebay in bulk much more affordable than Amazon. I'll report back if it's the same thing as the boxed post-color kit conditioner.

Sallys has tons of stuff but one has to know specifically what that product is labeled as...if it's even sold in stores.

It would be really nice to find. Especially for travel where different types of water seem to wreak havoc on my hair.

golfgal
July 19th, 2017, 08:32 PM
Also thanks for the tip on Pantene Three-Minute Miracle - it's found locally in stores in an 8oz tube for $4 - def going to try it as well!

renia22
July 19th, 2017, 08:44 PM
^ The one I mentioned at Sally's is called L'Oreal Feria Color Moisturizing Treatment, it comes in a white tube with black writing. However, I just looked, and apparently it's now only sold online, they no longer have it on the shelves. Bummer :/

lapushka
July 20th, 2017, 02:36 PM
She also said that she has found that Pantene makes a conditioner called Three-Minute Miracle (and I verified with her that it was in fact Pantene and not Aussie, since Aussie makes a conditioner also called Three-Minute Miracle or at least they used to make it) that she bought at Walmart, and it comes in a large gold tube and in several different varieties; she specifically mentioned an "anti-frizz" variety, but she said the "sleek and shiny" variety is the one she likes to use on her hair. There may be a few other varieties of it as well, but she said that the Pantene Three-Minute Miracle is just about as good a conditioner as the ones that come in hair color kits.

Yes, I believe that's a newer product!

golfgal
July 24th, 2017, 11:50 AM
Just posting back wth my results - YMMV.

I bought both the Pantene Three-Minute Miracle AND Clairol Nice 'n' Easy CC plus Color Seal.

After trying them both - They are both nice products however neither one is an equivalent to the kit after color pouch formulas. But they are an improvement over the average conditioner.

The Clairol NECS might have a slight edge in detangling properties - however it's $5.50-9 for a tube that is less than 2oz. and on not on store shelves locally.
Pantene 3MM is very close and due to cost/availability, wins the shootout at 8oz for $4 readily available on Target, WalMart etc.

Still searching for the actual after color kit stuff, but these are a step in the right direction!

Dark40
July 24th, 2017, 05:02 PM
You can buy Clairol Color Seal also on eBay's website as well. Because, many years ago back in 2008 I bought a box full of ColorSeal Gloss conditioner!!! I think I ended up with 30 tubes, and I still have them!!! I haven't used them up yet...lol