PDA

View Full Version : Going "short"

W2
July 18th, 2017, 10:39 AM
For the holiday, we're out sailing. So a good doo is braids. I've got 2 french ... and knotted the braids. So the ends are quite short. A very unfamiliar feeling
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28103&d=1500395897

Simsy
July 21st, 2017, 06:12 AM
A good style to keep everything out of the way. How did it hold up?

samanthaa
July 21st, 2017, 09:17 AM
I need to try this. The tail of my braid drives me bonkers. Cute style! I also really like the style in your signature!

lucid
July 21st, 2017, 09:36 AM
Cool idea! I will give this a try sometime. Did you secure it in some way? I'm pretty sure mine will just slide right out if I don't secure them somehow.

meteor
July 21st, 2017, 10:29 AM
That's pretty cool! :D
I like tying together braids like that, and as the tails get longer, the tying can be done multiple times and this creates a complex-looking braid while containing hair together in separate sections - great for activities where hair gets easily tangled. Even just creating a knot(s) from one braid works and really makes it shorter. The key is to add a claw-clip or a barrette or a fork or a pin or something at the end of the knots or at least the last knot to keep it all from unravelling. One can even pin the whole thing later into a bun and it will hold really nicely and looks complex when it's super-easy. :)