PDA

View Full Version : The Return of HairPlease, take II

HairPlease
July 17th, 2017, 11:33 AM
Hi everyone! :cheese::disco::beerchug:

I'm back-ish again, this time with a lot less damage, and still, a lot less length, but a lot more health. In my journey to attempt to grow out natural, I decided against it and reached for the bleach before I thought better of it and contemplated whether I wanted white hair, or long hair. I had it down to the middle of my back almost two years ago, bleached platinum, but it felt like straw and just wasn't working for me no matter what I did, so I chopped and still don't regret it. A little over half (or exactly half) of what's on my head is still bleach-fried, but it is now officially jet black (it was either one extreme or another, I was having none of my natural color, I don't want to look pink, thanks). I love it.

For the past several months, meaning most of my absence, I've been maintaining at a gently layered shoulder while I wait patiently for the curl pattern to return along with other health indicators, and the progress has been fantastic. Every month, my hair is just that much nicer and more well-behaved. I'm almost at a point where I can start growing again at a "cut a half inch, grow an inch" type of rate.

Stay tuned for pictures!

I hope everyone is doing well and look forward to chatting with you guys again.

Cheers!

ETA: Oh my gosh that is so weird, every time I come back from an absence, it's around an anniversary. Tomorrow is my 2 year LHC anniversary!

Okay, enough of my self indulgence.

Ophidian
July 17th, 2017, 12:20 PM
Welcome back!

Dendra
July 17th, 2017, 12:43 PM
Welcome back! Can't wait to see pics to accompany your hair story :)

Ondine11
July 17th, 2017, 02:49 PM
Nice meeting you! I wasn't here back when you used to be. I am glad your hair is returning to life & health. Cannot wait to see the photos!

Sarahlabyrinth
July 17th, 2017, 02:54 PM
Welcome back, looking forward to photos :)

lapushka
July 17th, 2017, 03:13 PM
Welcome back! :)

For the past several months, meaning most of my absence, I've been maintaining at a gently layered shoulder while I wait patiently for the curl pattern to return along with other health indicators, and the progress has been fantastic. Every month, my hair is just that much nicer and more well-behaved. I'm almost at a point where I can start growing again at a "cut a half inch, grow an inch" type of rate.

That is so nice and special to hear! And happy anniversary to you. :flower:

papayatree
July 17th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Welcome back! I just returned to and you didn't miss a thing

Zebra Fish
July 17th, 2017, 03:36 PM
Welcome back and waiting for the pics :)

Groovy Granny
July 17th, 2017, 04:18 PM
Welcome back...and Happy LHC Anniversary; good to see you :waving:

TatsuOni
July 18th, 2017, 04:07 AM
Welcome back and happy anniversary! :)

HairPlease
July 18th, 2017, 07:09 AM
Thank you so much, everyone! :happydance::toast: Also, nice to meet you too, Ondine11!

I'll post some pics as soon as my hair dries this morning. It's so nice to be back on the bandwagon.

Edit: here they are. The black faded a bit but I'll re-do it soon.

http://i66.tinypic.com/1zd4t4p.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/ifq32b.jpg