PDA

View Full Version : Holiday hair help!

RosiecheeksX
July 17th, 2017, 04:49 AM
Hi! So my hair has been doing amazingly well recently before I come on holiday to Greece, I've been ill so I've not really been outside in the sun or swimming so I know that isn't the reason behind my problem. I washed my hair a few days ago and it felt so dry and weird! I'm thinking it might be hard water maybe? I rinsed my hair with bottled water before and after I'd finished shampoo and conditioning. Do you think my hair will return back to normal once I get home? And has anyone else had this problem?

Simsy
July 17th, 2017, 05:36 AM
Probably yes, it will return to normal once you are home.

Did you use new products when you washed it? If not then it is possibly the water, or the climate where you are. A more humid or warmer environment can do strange things to hair that's used to drier or cooler climates. It could also be a reaction to the illness you're are dealing with. Otherwise, possibly a undesirable reaction to the products...or all of the above at once. It should sort itself out when you get home and back to normal routine. For now, if you aren't going to be on holiday for long, it might be worth just putting it up and out of the way so you don't have to deal with. This will of course depend on your hair and normal routine.

If it's still acting up when you get home, try giving it a deep moisture treatment or extra conditioner when you wash it; just to give it a bit of help getting back to its best.

lapushka
July 17th, 2017, 05:37 AM
Hi! So my hair has been doing amazingly well recently before I come on holiday to Greece, I've been ill so I've not really been outside in the sun or swimming so I know that isn't the reason behind my problem. I washed my hair a few days ago and it felt so dry and weird! I'm thinking it might be hard water maybe? I rinsed my hair with bottled water before and after I'd finished shampoo and conditioning. Do you think my hair will return back to normal once I get home? And has anyone else had this problem?

Maybe it will normalize. Hair goes out of whack sometimes on Holiday, so... quite normal.

Don't forget to clarify wash once you get home.

RosiecheeksX
July 17th, 2017, 05:40 AM
I used my normal hair products, I'm guessing it's probably the water and the humidity together! Oh well, thank you for your reply! I'm just going to put up with it for now and deal with it when I get home:) thanks!

RosiecheeksX
July 17th, 2017, 05:40 AM
Thank you for your reply! Yes I guess so I'm not going to let it spoil the holiday! I will do:) thanks!

RosiecheeksX
July 17th, 2017, 05:43 AM
Probably yes, it will return to normal once you are home.

Did you use new products when you washed it? If not then it is possibly the water, or the climate where you are. A more humid or warmer environment can do strange things to hair that's used to drier or cooler climates. It could also be a reaction to the illness you're are dealing with. Otherwise, possibly a undesirable reaction to the products...or all of the above at once. It should sort itself out when you get home and back to normal routine. For now, if you aren't going to be on holiday for long, it might be worth just putting it up and out of the way so you don't have to deal with. This will of course depend on your hair and normal routine.

If it's still acting up when you get home, try giving it a deep moisture treatment or extra conditioner when you wash it; just to give it a bit of help getting back to its best.

I used my normal hair products, I'm guessing it's probably the water and the humidity together! Oh well, thank you for your reply! I'm just going to put up with it for now and deal with it when I get home thanks!

RosiecheeksX
July 17th, 2017, 05:44 AM
Maybe it will normalize. Hair goes out of whack sometimes on Holiday, so... quite normal.

Don't forget to clarify wash once you get home.

Thank you for your reply! Yes I guess so I'm not going to let it spoil the holiday! I will do thanks!

wispe
July 17th, 2017, 11:09 AM
Yeah I recently visited family from out of town and stayed at their place. I brought my own shower stuff but my hair was still a dry, tangled beast compared to normal. I just took more care in detangling/styling while I was there and clarified once I got back home. My hair is back to normal now. Don't let it ruin your holiday, at any rate (:

RosiecheeksX
July 20th, 2017, 11:52 AM
Yeah I recently visited family from out of town and stayed at their place. I brought my own shower stuff but my hair was still a dry, tangled beast compared to normal. I just took more care in detangling/styling while I was there and clarified once I got back home. My hair is back to normal now. Don't let it ruin your holiday, at any rate (:

Awh I'm glad your hair is back to normal! I won't let it ruin the holiday! :) I actually washed it again and it feels way better now maybe I was just having a particularly bad hair day!