PDA

View Full Version : What's changed?!

afu
July 14th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Hello all 👋
I used to be a super active member here but disappeared from the boards around 3yrs ago(?) and about 18m ago from the blogs. Today I was just thinking about what a huge part of my life this community used to be and how nice it would be to return - I wonder how many old faces (backs of heads 😂) are still around from those days?

My disappearance was mostly down to the fact that I had no laptop, and navigating the boards on my old blackberry was just a nightmare (although it looks like the boards have changed slightly too). I didn't make a proper comeback after I upgraded my phone due to the fact I'd cut my hair.

When I was last here I had tailbone length hair with platinum highlights, I cut back to shoulder length after my wedding in 2015. I'm currently about apl and have a years worth of natural root which I'm trying my hardest to embrace!

LHC shaped my life in so many ways, you were here for support through my abusive relationship and then encouragement at the start of my new relationship, marriage and start of pregnancy. I switched to a paleo diet, took up Korean skincare, spent a fortune on hair forks, started exclusively wearing dresses, started using CSPs and then later menstrual cups and the list goes on and on...!

I miss the community here, I miss being introduced to so many new concepts and views,I miss talking about things that aren't babies!

So although I no longer have the desire for long hair (in fact I'm booked in next month to go shorter again), I really hope I can settle back in here and I hope to recognise some familiar names as well as make new friends 😀

Simsy
July 14th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Welcome back, always nice to see old hairs returning. I think I joined not long after you left but delighted to meet you all the same

lapushka
July 14th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Welcome back! :thumbsup:

afu
July 14th, 2017, 01:20 PM
Thank you both :)

Lapushka is lovely to see a familiar name

Nebulae
July 14th, 2017, 03:43 PM
Welcome back! I also returned recently, although I did not do anything different with my hair :D

You might enjoy The non-growth oriented thread for shorter lengths (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=140883)! It happens that I lurk there even though I'm growing because it's a good thread :o

Sarahlabyrinth
July 14th, 2017, 03:49 PM
I'm still here, welcome back! :D

lapushka
July 14th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Thank you both :)

Lapushka is lovely to see a familiar name

It's still good old LHC around here. ;) I'm glad you're back! :D

Groovy Granny
July 14th, 2017, 04:48 PM
:waving: Welcome back!

GeoJ
July 14th, 2017, 05:11 PM
Welcome back! I also just returned from a long break. :)

Alissalocks
July 15th, 2017, 08:06 AM
It's interesting how many LHCers from the past have gone from tailbone to shoulders (and shorter!) but they still come back here. Nice to meet you!

embee
July 15th, 2017, 10:37 AM
Yes, welcome back. This is a nice place to hang out, but can be dangerously addictive! :D

maborosi
July 15th, 2017, 10:56 AM
embee- More addictive than any other social media site, for me, at least.

jera
July 15th, 2017, 01:46 PM
Welcome back dear. It's good to see old heads of hair which is how I identify so many here. LoL. LHC was so much fun in the old days. :o