PDA

View Full Version : Its cut and gone.

hannabiss
July 12th, 2017, 02:24 PM
Welp I was thinking about going short. Today I did just that its at ear length. Like many others Im full of regret. At the same time Im prefectly fine with this. My hair wasnt virgin hair and thats what I want. I didnt pixie cut so I know Ill be at shoulder length next year. Sighh.....Cant seem to make up my mind about what I really want. Ill enjoy this length for a bit. Ill add that even though I had thought of cutting I did it today out of compulsion. I had an argument with my husband and I stewed in my room for a while seen my hair scissors sitting on the desk grabbed my hair and SNIP right through the ponytail. So its all wonky. Honestly im still pissed and I dont care.

Dendra
July 12th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Well, despite the regrets it sounds like you're ready to enjoy this change for a while. And if it helps, having had a little look through your photos you look great with short hair!

I totally know what you mean about not mourning the loss of length too much as it's not virgin hair - if I had to cut to shoulder length tomorrow I wouldn't be distraught because at least the dye damage would be gone.

Once you've figured out what it is you truly want for your hair, if that is to grow, then there is a thread on here for emotional choppers which might help you if you ever get caught in the same situation again.

Hugs :flower:

hannabiss
July 12th, 2017, 02:41 PM
Thank you Dendra :) i may check out that thread someday. I obviously hadnt done it in years but yes i am an emotional chopper.

hairaddiction
July 12th, 2017, 04:22 PM
I'm sorry to hear you had an argument that made you mad enough to cut your hair. I can understand though, as I'm definitely an emotional hair cutter. I also took a peek through your album and you look nice with short hair! It might be a roller coaster of emotions, but you'll get back to where you were in no time judging by how fast it grew before. If that's where you want it to be.

I hope you're feeling better soon, and I'm sure it looks just fine! Remember, nothing is perfect not even the prettiest head of hair. :blossom:

akuamoonmaui
July 13th, 2017, 05:23 PM
I started this thread: Support thread for emotional trimmers (sorry, don't know how to link it)
Your signature goal was waist by 2017... :-(

Groovy Granny
July 13th, 2017, 07:19 PM
I started this thread: Support thread for emotional trimmers (sorry, don't know how to link it)
Your signature goal was waist by 2017... :-(

Just copy/paste the URL from the first page :)

Support thread for emotional trimmers (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=133490)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=133490

ReadingRenee
July 13th, 2017, 09:46 PM
When I was younger and in a very intense relationship, I also would cut my hair during big fights. I got some of my cutest haircuts out of them though, so there is that. :) I hope you enjoy your new shorter hair and do all the fun stuff you can't do when its long, and I hope you can work it out with your husband at some point. :blossom: