PDA

View Full Version : Itchy scalp :(

- Lizzy -
July 11th, 2017, 11:11 AM
Ever since I washed my hair yesterday my scalp has been itching (And it is very annoying). I haven't changed shampoos so I am confused as what may be the problem. I am also unsure of what to do about it. Any advice?

akurah
July 11th, 2017, 11:32 AM
You probably didn't rinse as thoroughly as you normally do if nothing has changed. I would try rinsing your hair more, even if your next wash is a few days away.

If you have it on-hand, apply ACV to the scalp as best as possible, use either a cotton ball or a mister bottle. Use a dilution of 5:1 water to ACV or "higher" (more water to ACV). This is what I sometimes use on my scalp when my dermatographica gets itchier than usual

Anje
July 11th, 2017, 11:46 AM
Agreed -- try rinsing thoroughly before anything else. Dilute vinegar after might help too, so long as you don't make it too strong.

If that's not it, there are other possibilities. Allergies and conditions like SD/dandruff can pop up at any point, with the products you're currently using. Also, I hate to say it, but lice definitely itch. You'll want someone to check close to your scalp for those.

How does your scalp look? Pale and smooth? Reddened/darkened and rough? Flakes?

Dendra
July 11th, 2017, 12:30 PM
ACV can really help to combat itching, as akurah said, but you'll want to get to the root of the problem and treat that.

I have had an itchy scalp for over a month and the doctor suspects eczema. I think it's contact dermatitis (a type of eczema that I'm prone to) from sulphate shampoo which I left on for too long and then most probably did not rinse properly. I was prescribed a topical steroid that seems to be working well, and plan to avoid sulphates for a but just in case they are the culprit.

You could try an itchy scalp shampoo to start with, they're available at any pharmacy/drugstore.