PDA

View Full Version : I cut it all off

Obsidian
July 10th, 2017, 03:07 PM
I've been pretty unhappy with my hair for the last few months and have been considering cutting it back into a pixie. I cut a few inches off a couple weeks ago but hated the blunt bob, like really, really hated it.
As much as I like the idea of long hair, I just don't think its for me. At least not at this point in time. I went in and got a pixie, not sure if I like the longer top but it'll do for now.
It's huge relief not having to fight with tangles and dry hair or worry about finding the perfect conditioner that won't irritate my SD. No more fiddling with up do's, loose bits of hairs or sleeping caps.
Now I can wash, run my fingers through it and be on my way. My hair wasn't even long and it was a pain to take care, short is so much easier for me.

Excuse the horrible pics, I have a bad shoulder and can't get a good angle.

roots make me look a bit bald
http://i67.tinypic.com/14mvrc0.jpg

my natural color is peaking out in back
http://i66.tinypic.com/110kawh.jpg

Sarahlabyrinth
July 10th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Wow, that's a change! Enjoy it! :)

Dark40
July 10th, 2017, 05:24 PM
Wow, that is a big change! Hope you enjoy it! :)

Obsidian
July 10th, 2017, 05:30 PM
Yeah, its a huge change. It actually ended up quite a bit shorter then I asked for but it won't be long before its where it should be. I've always liked short hair but this is a bit too short.
I love how cool it is though. Its been so hot I've been getting sick, I feel a lot better today.

Dark40
July 10th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Well, me I've always loved long hair. I don't like short hair on myself at all. I do like it on others but not for myself. Yeah, I know it does make you feel a lot better and cooler in summer months. I'm so sorry that you were feeling sick. Glad to hear that you're feeling better now.

marvel-lover
July 10th, 2017, 05:48 PM
I'm glad you're happier now :flower: Good for you!

Groovy Granny
July 10th, 2017, 06:13 PM
WOW:thud:
I thought it was a joke :lol:
It looks cute ~ enjoy :thumbsup:

Ondine11
July 10th, 2017, 06:40 PM
Big chop! Looks healthy and well cut, though. Glad you're happy!

Corvana
July 10th, 2017, 09:07 PM
Oooh that's super cute!!

spidermom
July 10th, 2017, 09:09 PM
Oh my goodness! Well; what's done is done. Rock it!

papayatree
July 10th, 2017, 09:45 PM
That looks pretty good. Kind of like my mother's haircut, except in red, which is much prettier than highlighted brown

akurah
July 10th, 2017, 09:49 PM
It looks good! I sometimes (not often) wish to cut my hair super short because I want to see what it is like, but I am so emotionally attached to my hair I don't think it would end well.

Rhoward
July 10th, 2017, 10:33 PM
That's awesome news. So glad you did it and are happy with your hair again! It's super cute :blossom:

July 11th, 2017, 01:48 AM
Yay! I cut into super short bob and am now growing out slightly into longer bob... Can't decide between lob (can do cool updos!) and pixie. Will see. Trying bob/lob now. Way happier than with tailbone, to be honest. But with shorter hair it's hard to decide on how short.

esfand
July 11th, 2017, 02:55 AM
Did you keep the hair? I'll take it off your hand and pay for the shipping.

lapushka
July 11th, 2017, 03:57 AM
You have to do what you're happy with. If that's wearing short hair, then that's what you gotta do! It's no must nor is anyone forcing you to have long hair, not even here. There's plenty of shorties happy where they're at. I find, to me, that this forum is about good hair care as well. I sure hope you'll stay. :flower:

Shanawavy
July 11th, 2017, 05:01 AM
Enjoy! Looks good. :)

Obsidian
July 11th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Did you keep the hair? I'll take it off your hand and pay for the shipping.

Sorry, I did not keep it. I didn't even think about your testing, I should have.

Eastbound&Down
July 11th, 2017, 11:23 AM
I couldn't see the pics, but I'm glad you are happy with it! I loved my pixie, I kept one for a few years. The growing out stage was always too much of a pain for me though. Enjoy!

GeoJ
July 11th, 2017, 12:19 PM
Cute, I'm glad you like it! It looks similar to my haircut (ETA: my haircut a few months ago, I grew out the top longer since then). :)

Cherriezzzzz
July 11th, 2017, 12:57 PM
I'm glad your hair is easier! I cut my hair pretty short in an attempt to make it easier but it was not. So now I'm here growing haha Simple and easy often times wins out over any hairstyle itself! Are you going to keep it red or experiment with different colors now that it has most of the hair dye cut out?

Kat-Rinnč Naido
July 11th, 2017, 01:30 PM
At first I thought it was a joke.
Good for you. I am glad you are happy and at peace with yourself, that is the most important factor. Good luck and enjoy your change.

*Wednesday*
July 11th, 2017, 04:42 PM
You got hutzpah!!!! Enjoy your new cut.

Obsidian
July 11th, 2017, 04:50 PM
I'm glad your hair is easier! I cut my hair pretty short in an attempt to make it easier but it was not. So now I'm here growing haha Simple and easy often times wins out over any hairstyle itself! Are you going to keep it red or experiment with different colors now that it has most of the hair dye cut out?

I'm growing out my natural color. I absolutely love henna but it's really limiting my color palette and I really want to play with fun colors.

Prism
July 11th, 2017, 11:10 PM
I think it looks great, and even more important than what we think, YOU like it. I had a pixie before (after chemo), and it was so nice and carefree. Enjoy it! Long hair will be in your future again if you want it, and we'll support you no matter what!

FuzzyBlackWaves
July 11th, 2017, 11:42 PM
It looks awesome! It'll be so much easier to grow out your natural colour now without that henna vs roots clash.