PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to stop focusing on my hair so much(A sort of goodbye)

Andthetalltrees
July 7th, 2017, 09:19 PM
I guess I'm posting this to make it feel more official, and to thank everyone who has helped me. I think for my mental health it's best if I take a break from all things hair related for awhile, I tend to project a lot of anxiety onto it and I need to work on that. I know a routine that works for me, and last time I got hair I loved it was from pure neglect so my hair really doesn't need me for extra care. So bye for now I might be back by my second anniversary or whenever I start to feel better and ready to come back. I hope I can finally stay away this time :P

Sarahlabyrinth
July 7th, 2017, 09:38 PM
Best of luck to you and hoping to see you back here sometime. Sometimes it is good to take a break from the forum and hair obsession type stuff.

Groovy Granny
July 7th, 2017, 10:28 PM
Many of us take a break from time to time.

I wish you well ~ until we meet again :waving:

Alissalocks
July 8th, 2017, 12:22 AM
Blessings and peace be in you :)

Dendra
July 8th, 2017, 01:25 AM
Goodbye for now, from what you've said I think you're doing the right thing. Enjoy other things :)

Kat-Rinnč Naido
July 8th, 2017, 01:25 AM
All the best and good luck.

Wreckinbelle
July 8th, 2017, 01:51 AM
I hope you find what you're looking for. I understand COMPLETELY. I'm glad that you're doing what's right for you, be well and I hope to see you soon. Good bye for now.

TatsuOni
July 8th, 2017, 02:10 AM
Good luck! :)

Shanawavy
July 8th, 2017, 04:03 AM
Good luck and take care :)

embee
July 8th, 2017, 04:30 AM
Probably a wise move. Safe travels until we meet again. :)

lapushka
July 8th, 2017, 04:42 AM
Oh that's too bad. Being here doesn't have to mean you focus on your hair. I see it more as a place to come and chat, but I get it, when you first get here (and I'm still talking the first few years), it can be all so overwhelming that you want to try it all - and that's not good for the hair when you go and take it all out on it. I was like that.

Good luck on your break. See you when I see you! :)

Anje
July 8th, 2017, 10:11 AM
No worries. It's easy to get overly focused on hair (or lots of other things) and then realize you need to step back instead of encouraging it further. Most of us eventually figure out what works well and fall into "benign neglect", and that's OK.

Deborah
July 8th, 2017, 11:22 AM
Happy trails to you until we meet again. :flower:

Suze
July 8th, 2017, 12:24 PM
If that is the best for you that is a wise decision then. Good luck with everything and hope to see you back and happy and healthy in the future! :flower:

Garnetgem
July 8th, 2017, 06:33 PM
You are doing what you feel is best for you...see you again when you return and i wish you well :)

July 10th, 2017, 02:01 PM
Good luck! That's why I'll be trying SO for a while... Not leaving the forum though. But SO instead of random herbs on my head should put things in perspective until I'll decide what next.

AZDesertRose
July 10th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Best wishes! Be well. :flower:

Ondine11
July 10th, 2017, 06:42 PM
Glad you've discovered what's best for yourself. Take care of yourself; we'll be here for you whenever you're ready.

Prism
July 10th, 2017, 07:57 PM
Sometimes a break is a very good thing. We'll be here if/when you come back. Good luck!

Natashap
July 11th, 2017, 12:39 AM
Good Luck!

It can be overwhelming sometimes.

*Wednesday*
July 11th, 2017, 04:55 PM
Best of luck to you. I viewed this community as a place to congregate, sort of a sisterhood. One thing will ring true, the focal point of why you are leaving will ever be attached to your head. Make peace with it.