PDA

View Full Version : Pics of two years with no trimming

wo
July 7th, 2017, 04:09 PM
Hey all, I am growing out my hair with no trimming, since I have virgin hair that rarely splits, and curly hair hides any unevenness. I love progress photos (for anything, I find them so interesting and inspiring) but I've had a hard time finding pictures of hair growth from short to long, with no trimming. I know people do it, but I don't think a lot of people document it, so I'm sharing mine. It's just two years so far. (I may have shared these photos here before, but I'm just putting them together for my two year milestone.)
https://i.imgur.com/uFhtMzL.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/M0GqkHD.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/KMNSmLG.jpg

Groovy Granny
July 7th, 2017, 04:11 PM
That looks great...short or long!

Congrats...and happy growing :cheer:

likelikepenny
July 7th, 2017, 04:13 PM
wo , I've been waiting for this post. I've seen you mention around the threads that you haven't trimmed in years and I always wondered how you did it and your progress. Plus I'm a secret curl admirer :whistle:

This is an incentive for me to join No Trim 2018 now.

Sarahlabyrinth
July 7th, 2017, 04:21 PM
Wow, such beautiful hair, wonderful curls and just generally thudworthy hair, and all with no trimming! Wish I could go that long without trimming. I think I could look at your hair all day. :D

Aredhel
July 7th, 2017, 04:33 PM
Ahhh just wonderful, your curls are perfection!!! No trimming has definitely done you well! :D

akuamoonmaui
July 7th, 2017, 04:35 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! Love, love, love the curls!!

Dendra
July 7th, 2017, 05:00 PM
Me too! Your curl pattern is just so beautiful. And you're very lucky to have such resilient hair :)

lapushka
July 7th, 2017, 05:32 PM
Congrats on your milestone! :D :applause

Rebeccalaurenxx
July 7th, 2017, 05:34 PM
Woo! Wish I could go that long without trims. You just have a really good routine huh? Your curls look real moisturized.. this is like an incentive for me to go virgin lol

embee
July 7th, 2017, 05:44 PM
Oooh, what lovely curls! Envy envy!

Renora25
July 7th, 2017, 05:54 PM
wo , I've been waiting for this post. I've seen you mention around the threads that you haven't trimmed in years and I always wondered how you did it and your progress. Plus I'm a secret curl admirer :whistle:

Right!?

Wo: Your hair is absolutely stunning!

Wreckinbelle
July 7th, 2017, 06:09 PM
Woah baby! Great growth and stunning hair!!

wo
July 7th, 2017, 06:34 PM
Thank you everyone! 😊 I love seeing everyone's hair so much, too. The more time I spend here, the more I think all different kinds of hair are beautiful.

Aww thanks, I especially like seeing curly hair, too. I always love to see your hair!

Woo! Wish I could go that long without trims. You just have a really good routine huh? Your curls look real moisturized.. this is like an incentive for me to go virgin lol

I have followed the curly girl method for about 10 years, but I'm not really loyal to certain products. I wash once or twice a week and use some leave in and gel. It's easier the longer it gets so far.

DweamGoiL
July 7th, 2017, 06:35 PM
Wow, those curls!!! Congratulations on your awesome mane.

hobbitlocks
July 7th, 2017, 06:47 PM
Awesome progress! I always love seeing your curls!

Andthetalltrees
July 7th, 2017, 06:58 PM
Hey fellow non-trimmer(I'm coming up on 2 years)! I love your curls they always look so perfect ;)

Cherriezzzzz
July 7th, 2017, 07:29 PM
I'll third the hello to another fellow non trimmer! Once I reach my 36 in hair goal from 18 in I'll post like you did here. So awesome! Your curls are perfect! You're the reason people pay hundreds of dollars on perms!:thudpile:

wo
July 7th, 2017, 08:27 PM
Hey fellow non-trimmer(I'm coming up on 2 years)! I love your curls they always look so perfect ;)

I'll third the hello to another fellow non trimmer! Once I reach my 36 in hair goal from 18 in I'll post like you did here. So awesome! Your curls are perfect! You're the reason people pay hundreds of dollars on perms!:thudpile:

I'm happy to know I have company! 😎

CindyOfTheOaks
July 7th, 2017, 08:45 PM
Great growth and lovely curls !

Aunt Rapunzel
July 7th, 2017, 08:55 PM
:thud: Wo, your hair is beautiful!

Obsidian
July 7th, 2017, 08:57 PM
Beautiful! You have the most perfect curls, just the kind I'd like.

rapunzelna
July 7th, 2017, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=wo;3432718]Hey all, I am growing out my hair with no trimming, since I have virgin hair that rarely splits, and curly hair hides any unevenness. I love progress photos (for anything, I find them so interesting and inspiring) but I've had a hard time finding pictures of hair growth from short to long, with no trimming. I know people do it, but I don't think a lot of people document it, so I'm sharing mine. It's just two years so far. (I may have shared these photos here before, but I'm just putting them together for my two year milestone.)
http://i.imgur.com/uFhtMzL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/M0GqkHD.jpg
Looks great. Not trimming works for you!

Larki
July 7th, 2017, 09:16 PM
Oh my goodness, your hair is fabulous!

ReadingRenee
July 7th, 2017, 10:02 PM
Beautiful hair wo! Do you wear it up a lot to protect the ends or is that something you don't find necessary to do? 2 years without trimming is amazing! Thanks for sharing your pics.

twill
July 7th, 2017, 10:06 PM
It looks like your hair grew faster this last year than it did the year before!

Deborah
July 7th, 2017, 11:00 PM
Looks great! I guess curly hair has an advantage in not needing trims to look even and fine. Good for you!

_fred_
July 7th, 2017, 11:08 PM
Oh my, that's so much growth! And your hair looks amazing :cheer:

I also love progress photos, thank you for posting this :D

hairaddiction
July 8th, 2017, 01:18 AM
That's a wonderful head of hair for two years with no trims! Did you have to wear a lot of protective styles, or did you just leave it be most of the time? From 2016 to 2017 looked like a pretty huge chunk of growth, especially for curly hair. Quite impressive!

TatsuOni
July 8th, 2017, 02:15 AM
So beautiful! :thud:

Shanawavy
July 8th, 2017, 04:02 AM
Congratulations on your hair growth! Beautiful hair!

Corvana
July 8th, 2017, 04:02 AM
:thud: WOW!! Your curls are like... my dream curls :laugh: The curls I aspire to when I curl my hair.

Your hair is just amazing!!

unheardletters
July 8th, 2017, 05:46 AM
Lovely growth and lovely hair.
I don't trim either. One of the best parts of having curly hair it hides things fairly well. I am prone to split ends though, but not in the ends, they tend to be further up in the new growth and layers, so I just cut them out as I find them. No point in me losing length when my longest part is not where the splits seem to happen. I got a very short (partly shaved) pixie cut in April 2015 and I cut the back length off to shoulder length in November 2016. I didn't take a picture of the pixie cut, because I hated it so very much.
The back of my hair doesn't curl as nicely as yours does. The front can get curlier if I just scrunch it, but the back is non-responsive, so I never bother. I never tried curly girl method, though I have read about it. I think gel would be a huge problem in my hair since I have low porosity hair, I've never found a product that doesn't leave sticky film on my hair.

wo
July 8th, 2017, 06:13 AM
I don't trim either. One of the best parts of having curly hair it hides things fairly well. I am prone to split ends though, but not in the ends, they tend to be further up in the new growth and layers, so I just cut them out as I find them. No point in me losing length when my longest part is not where the splits seem to happen. I got a very short (partly shaved) pixie cut in April 2015 and I cut the back length off to shoulder length in November 2016. I didn't take a picture of the pixie cut, because I hated it so very much.
The back of my hair doesn't curl as nicely as yours does. The front can get curlier if I just scrunch it, but the back is non-responsive, so I never bother. I never tried curly girl method, though I have read about it. I think gel would be a huge problem in my hair since I have low porosity hair, I've never found a product that doesn't leave sticky film on my hair.

That's cool, I'm growing out from super short a pixie cut too, from June 2014. I didn't include it here, because I trimmed a LOT during the first year, to get the first picture here of the mini bob. So it's not part of my no trimming progress, but it is my start point. I hated mine too. Like instant hate. Even though I'd had one before, I just missed my hair right away that time.

wo
July 8th, 2017, 06:15 AM
Beautiful hair wo! Do you wear it up a lot to protect the ends or is that something you don't find necessary to do? 2 years without trimming is amazing! Thanks for sharing your pics.

That's a wonderful head of hair for two years with no trims! Did you have to wear a lot of protective styles, or did you just leave it be most of the time? From 2016 to 2017 looked like a pretty huge chunk of growth, especially for curly hair. Quite impressive!

I didn't do any protective styles until the past month or two, when I bought my first sticks. :) I always wore it just down. Now I wear a bun 3 or four days of the week.

wo
July 8th, 2017, 06:23 AM
Thank you for all the sweet compliments! In real life, everyone is either just used to it, or suggests I straighten it for a change. I get a lot of suggestions like 'You should try velcro rollers to relax the curl'. Nope, that sounds strange and terrifying. I know from years gone by, that my hair can't handle any heat or coloring or harsh treatment without breaking so badly. It's funny that it has hardly a split if left alone, but any damaging choices ruin it fast.

Dandelion6
July 8th, 2017, 08:31 AM
Looks amazing! So beautiful!

meteor
July 8th, 2017, 09:03 AM
Stunning, gorgeous curls and such beautiful hair, wo! :bowtome: I love your texture so much! :crush:

Congratulations on this great milestone, wo! :joy: You simply breezed through so many milestones so fast without the trims! :D Awesome! :applause

likelikepenny
July 8th, 2017, 09:47 AM

I have low porosity, curly hair as well. Flaxseed gel is the only gel I've found to work so far.

Reyn127
July 8th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Beautiful! Your hair looks so full, and you got a good amount of growth for two years. Keep it growing!

peachyleshy
July 8th, 2017, 10:52 AM
thanks for sharing! I love to see such progress pictures; very inspiring. You have impressive growth and I love your curls! :crush:

Dark40
July 8th, 2017, 08:03 PM
Wow, what lovely curls! Congratulations on your milestone without any trimming after 2 years!

Kat-Rinnč Naido
July 10th, 2017, 11:02 AM
Congratulations:toast:
Thank you for sharing.

amiaow
July 10th, 2017, 08:56 PM
Gorgeous hair and fantastic growth, thanks for sharing!

Nymphe
July 10th, 2017, 09:13 PM
Wow, wo, your hair grows fast! Perfect, shiny, dream curls and let no one tell you otherwise.

irisa2005
July 11th, 2017, 12:19 PM
Wow! your hair is beautiful!! your waves looks very soft and shiny, whatever you been doing this last 2 years keep it, your hair looks fantastic. Respect! :bowtome:

DarkChocolate
July 11th, 2017, 12:23 PM
I love the curls! What is your ponytail circumference?

wo
July 11th, 2017, 04:34 PM
Thanks again everyone! 😊

I love the curls! What is your ponytail circumference?
It's 3.5 inches.

Platzhalter
July 11th, 2017, 04:47 PM
Woah... the growth and the curls :agape:

ErinEM
July 24th, 2017, 02:45 PM
Oh my goodness, you have such gorgeous hair!!! Thank you for sharing these photos of your progress!

Happy growing!

Candyapple
August 2nd, 2017, 04:21 AM
Wow! Great progress and very motivational pictures! It looks very healthy too!