PDA

View Full Version : Question about ponytail circumference

KlutzyChy1
July 7th, 2017, 08:55 AM
Hello. I made a previous post about my struggles with hair loss. I have a little halo of about one inch baby hairs & was wondering if any of you have an idea of how long it might take before it makes a difference in the circumference of my ponytail or how much of a difference it could possibly make?

Groovy Granny
July 7th, 2017, 09:10 AM
It does make a difference....or has with me!
After having a whole crown of new growth my circ increased by a 1/2 inch that I can see/feel :joy:

You can stretch it over the back of your crown, and then measure from the end to where your ponytail is secured....plus an inch or so.
Then, guess-timating you will have a 1/2 inch growth/month you get an idea of how long it will take to affect your circ.

Of course there are other factors that can affect the outcome, but if everything is relatively 'normal' I would attribute it to new growth... and time will make the difference.

Happy growing :cheer:

KlutzyChy1
July 7th, 2017, 09:42 AM
It does make a difference....or has with me!
After having a whole crown of new growth my circ increased by a 1/2 inch that I can see/feel :joy:

You can stretch it over the back of your crown, and then measure from the end to where your ponytail is secured....plus an inch or so.
Then, guess-timating you will have a 1/2 inch growth/month you get an idea of how long it will take to affect your circ.

Of course there are other factors that can affect the outcome, but if everything is relatively 'normal' I would attribute it to new growth... and time will make the difference.

Happy growing :cheer:

I would be so happy if I could increase my circumference by 1/2 inch! That would put me at about a 4 inch circumference. My hair has felt so thin since my hair loss episode. I can't wait until my layers have all grown out &I reach hip. It's hard to feel like yourself after something like that! I'll have my boyfriend measure when he gets home. Thank you! ❤

Groovy Granny
July 7th, 2017, 09:43 AM
I would be so happy if I could increase my circumference by 1/2 inch! That would put me at about a 4 inch circumference. My hair has felt so thin since my hair loss episode. I can't wait until my layers have all grown out &I reach hip. It's hard to feel like yourself after something like that! I'll have my boyfriend measure when he gets home. Thank you! ❤

LOL I am only 3 inches now (was 2, the 2.5)....so you are THICK compared to me :lol:

Oh you have layers too....that was my first 1/2 inch increase; then the new growth (from a diet change I think).

KlutzyChy1
July 7th, 2017, 09:49 AM
LOL I am only 3 inches now (was 2, the 2.5)....so you are THICK compared to me :lol:

Oh you have layers too....that was my first 1/2 inch increase; then the new growth (from a diet change I think).

It definitely doesn't feel like 3.75 inches to me! My hair is wavy & poofy so that helps it look a bit thicker, but my ends are so thin. I have one last layer I am trying to grow out & refuse to cut it until it reaches hip. I'm trying to clean up my diet & clear up a flare of SD so I hope that helps!

Groovy Granny
July 7th, 2017, 02:28 PM
It definitely doesn't feel like 3.75 inches to me! My hair is wavy & poofy so that helps it look a bit thicker, but my ends are so thin. I have one last layer I am trying to grow out & refuse to cut it until it reaches hip. I'm trying to clean up my diet & clear up a flare of SD so I hope that helps!

All your efforts will pay off one day soon :cheer: