PDA

View Full Version : Faster hair growth?

Ireland
July 6th, 2017, 11:59 AM
Have any of you taken any supplements that made your hair grow like crazy? or maybe certain masks or diet changes?

Cherriezzzzz
July 6th, 2017, 12:30 PM
Massaging my hair (with and without coconut oil) and washing less in general. I've seen tons of growth. My current rate this past 9 months has been 7 inches! Never underestimate the power of good blood flow to the scalp!

Ireland
July 6th, 2017, 01:47 PM
how often do you massage your hair? upside down? thats so fast!!!

lapushka
July 6th, 2017, 01:49 PM
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, and every once in a while this question pops up on the boards, but there is no miracle cure or pill or method or anything. That is just the cold hard truth. :flower: Just keep a clean diet (good food and enough of it), and general good health helps as well.

I'd say even be aware of people that try and sell you miracles, because it usually comes with a hefty price tag.

Like these "new" hair vitamins (like sugerbear, hairfinity). You can just as easily get these from the drugstore.

I would just recommend a normal multivitamin, and call it a day.

If you get 1/2 inch of growth a month, you are lucky; that is average growth and some of us have slower growth and some of us a little faster. But that's what you can expect.

Ireland
July 6th, 2017, 01:57 PM
Oh I am well aware that there is no miracle pill, no bursting bubbles here. However, I am asking about multivitamins and hair masks and techniques that people have tried and loved the results from. Right now I am taking a daily multivitamin and I love it.

Rebeccalaurenxx
July 6th, 2017, 02:28 PM
I can't say that taking a hair and skin vitamin has made my hair growth better or quicker, it has improve my nails a lot. Since I started weight lifting, I monitor my protein and sugar and carb intake, which I think has helped the most. Even though I get about 45 grams of protein a day, it's still not enough. Women need about 65 grams a day - if you're not watching what you consume, maybe you should start. I remember a member here saying she started eating a spoon full of peanut butter every day and it improved her hair. I can't imagine it would be good long term though has peanut butter has a high fat and sugar content, eating too much might not be good for the body in the long run. I consume a lot of it because I lift, but if you're not trying to bulk up it might not be the best for you.
I got an inch a month doing the inversion method/scalp massages like 5 years ago. Not sure if it works still, as the body adjusts. But I've seen members here improve their growth from doing scalp massages - some find that they shed a lot more when applying oil to the scalp.

YMMV. You'll need to research and experiment on your own.

lapushka
July 6th, 2017, 03:14 PM
Oh I am well aware that there is no miracle pill, no bursting bubbles here. However, I am asking about multivitamins and hair masks and techniques that people have tried and loved the results from. Right now I am taking a daily multivitamin and I love it.

Then just keep doing what you're doing. :thumbsup: All will work out fine, I'm sure! You can start tracking your growth (if that doesn't drive you crazy because it can become a little obsessive).

Good luck to you.

There is a thread on here on massaging the hair in an upside down position, there's also the monistat thread (yes, I went there LOL).

Ireland
July 6th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Monistat thread?!?! haha Thank you so much! I will start to track it!!

lapushka
July 6th, 2017, 03:44 PM
Here it is. ;)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=156

queenbee1
July 6th, 2017, 05:08 PM
I can't say that taking a hair and skin vitamin has made my hair growth better or quicker, it has improve my nails a lot. Since I started weight lifting, I monitor my protein and sugar and carb intake, which I think has helped the most. Even though I get about 45 grams of protein a day, it's still not enough. Women need about 65 grams a day - if you're not watching what you consume, maybe you should start. I remember a member here saying she started eating a spoon full of peanut butter every day and it improved her hair. I can't imagine it would be good long term though has peanut butter has a high fat and sugar content, eating too much might not be good for the body in the long run. I consume a lot of it because I lift, but if you're not trying to bulk up it might not be the best for you.
I got an inch a month doing the inversion method/scalp massages like 5 years ago. Not sure if it works still, as the body adjusts. But I've seen members here improve their growth from doing scalp massages - some find that they shed a lot more when applying oil to the scalp.

YMMV. You'll need to research and experiment on your own.

I was the peanut butter girl. �� also I stopped eating it for a while when I saw that I was gaining weight. I started eating PB thrice a week until I ran out of it this week. :P

Rebeccalaurenxx
July 6th, 2017, 06:37 PM
I was the peanut butter girl. �� also I stopped eating it for a while when I saw that I was gaining weight. I started eating PB thrice a week until I ran out of it this week. :P

The girl is actually a long time user here. I cant remember her user name but shes from the UK. Lol.
It really only helps if youre very active -- to which I am.

Alissalocks
July 6th, 2017, 07:02 PM
(I thought someone would be serving cheese :cheese: by now...)

beneaththetrees
July 6th, 2017, 07:39 PM
FWIW, Ireland, I must not get enough B-vitamins from my diet, because Biotin, especially, seems to help my hair growth. It's not very much; I actually haven't really noticed an increase in my hair growth because I'm just now stopping trims from some past damage. However, and this may be tmi, but I have noticed that when I take it consistently I have to wax about twice as often as when I don't.

I'm pretty sure vitamins only help if you're missing something in your diet, but hey. If it works for you, it works!

Cherriezzzzz
July 6th, 2017, 08:54 PM
how often do you massage your hair? upside down? thats so fast!!!

Nope I do not do the inversion method. I massage till my scalp is tingly, good feeling etc. Massage period is wonderful isnt it? Why not try it and see cause it costs you nothing but feeling good! (Love it if hubby does it for me too!) No one believes me that this works hahaha

papillon
July 6th, 2017, 10:06 PM
Vitamin B complex works for me. I notice my hair and nails grow faster compared to when I do not take it.

leayellena
July 7th, 2017, 02:15 AM
faster hair growth means for me reducing breakage by wearing protective styles, and cwc as rarelly as possible. I now found out that simply using yogurt and black tea hair mask practically makes my hair stronger: today should be my 2-2.5 hours of S&D but I discovered I have NO more split ends!

lapushka
July 7th, 2017, 03:27 AM
(I thought someone would be serving cheese :cheese: by now...)

We could always use some cheese. :) :D Cheese lightens any meal *burp*. :o

Nymphe
July 7th, 2017, 07:03 AM
faster hair growth means for me reducing breakage by wearing protective styles, and cwc as rarelly as possible. I now found out that simply using yogurt and black tea hair mask practically makes my hair stronger: today should be my 2-2.5 hours of S&D but I discovered I have NO more split ends!

Recipe? Are you following with a moisturizing conditioner?

Garnetgem
July 8th, 2017, 07:38 PM
I take a supplement of multi vitamins and minerals but not noticed it speed up growth but it has made the growth i have healthier..i keep seeing peanut butter having a mention on here thinking of trying it myself..

i heard royal jelly helps with hair growth but i have no evidence of it and am yet to try it out...in fact i hear lot of health benefits of taking it its something i mean to try but not got around to it..

Dark40
July 8th, 2017, 07:49 PM
I can say that me taking hair vitamins that are specifically made for hair, skin, and nails have made my hair grow a lot faster and better! I have noticed within a 7 month period while taking the vitamins my hair has grown 8 inches. Oh, and also my diet with eating lots of protein has helped too. Meaning eating lots of peanut butter, chicken, fish, and vegetables.

vega
July 8th, 2017, 08:42 PM
Cheddar cheese hair mask has helped me dramatically with hair growth

Natashap
July 9th, 2017, 01:01 AM
I guess biotin makes difference but never consistent on it so can;t say.B12 AND protein should make a difference.

When consistent i do see results .

lapushka
July 9th, 2017, 03:52 AM
Cheddar cheese hair mask has helped me dramatically with hair growth

Are you serious or kidding? <puzzled>

Cherriezzzzz
July 9th, 2017, 05:43 AM
Bahahahaha! Cheddar cheese hair mask... melting in microwave now!

Nymphe
July 9th, 2017, 08:00 AM
Are you serious or kidding? <puzzled>

It is a running joke.

Prism
July 9th, 2017, 08:17 AM
Cardio exercise has resulted in big spurts in my hair growth. I also hate doing it!

I do massage my scalp for a long time in the shower, and I wash every day, fwiw.

jera
July 9th, 2017, 04:15 PM
Monistat thread?!?! haha Thank you so much! I will start to track it!!

LoL. That never worked for me. Viviscal does make existing hair grow faster. It's expensive and I no longer take the recommended dose and have noticed a slow down in growth since. I've got some bergamot essential oil I may use for massage or to add to a shampoo and see what results I get with that.

saff.cel
July 9th, 2017, 05:59 PM
I'll chime in with something that DIDN'T work for me... I was taking a collagen supplement (6 horse pills a day) for six months straight... I didn't notice a difference at all in my hair, skin, or nails.

Alissalocks
July 9th, 2017, 08:55 PM
We could always use some cheese. :) :D Cheese lightens any meal *burp*. :o

I need some for my bangs, they're at the stage of driving me nuts :disco:

AlKhazzaR
July 10th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Personally, I had great effects while drinking nettle-horsetail tea it's cheap to make and provides your hair with valuable nutrients, also root of nettle decrease dht so it helps with hairfall. it's good to incorporate both nettle root and leaf in equal proportion. Nettle juice works even stronger but it's more costly too, so good to start from budget friendly options :) Herbal massage homemade and store bought tonics helped me to go from 7cm to 14cm in circumference of ponytail but it took 4 years of daily massage so it works only with patience. Mine hair grew like crazy while drinking triphala too, it's popular in ayurveda and some of my friends got forced by me to take it too and call it miracle herb. I like how many effects it has not only on hair but also skin! organic bhringraj powder also made my hair grow faster, little less than triphala, but much thicker on single strands. Do not forget to eat a lot of zinc and B group vitamins and you will be fine :) Sunflower seeds are addictive in taste and do so well to hair and nails!

jera
July 10th, 2017, 03:31 PM
I'll chime in with something that DIDN'T work for me... I was taking a collagen supplement (6 horse pills a day) for six months straight... I didn't notice a difference at all in my hair, skin, or nails.

Really? Collagen stopped my hair shedding dead. It's a keeper for me. Guess it doesn't work for everyone.

jera
July 10th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Personally, I had great effects while drinking nettle-horsetail tea it's cheap to make and provides your hair with valuable nutrients, also root of nettle decrease dht so it helps with hairfall. it's good to incorporate both nettle root and leaf in equal proportion. Nettle juice works even stronger but it's more costly too, so good to start from budget friendly options :) Herbal massage homemade and store bought tonics helped me to go from 7cm to 14cm in circumference of ponytail but it took 4 years of daily massage so it works only with patience. Mine hair grew like crazy while drinking triphala too, it's popular in ayurveda and some of my friends got forced by me to take it too and call it miracle herb. I like how many effects it has not only on hair but also skin! organic bhringraj powder also made my hair grow faster, little less than triphala, but much thicker on single strands. Do not forget to eat a lot of zinc and B group vitamins and you will be fine :) Sunflower seeds are addictive in taste and do so well to hair and nails!

Could you give more info on triphala? I've never heard of that. Does it contain any heavy metals?

AlKhazzaR
July 10th, 2017, 11:35 PM
Could you give more info on triphala? I've never heard of that. Does it contain any heavy metals?

You can buy it in form of juice and powder or pills, taste is tragic but it's worth the suffering. It is mix of 3 herbs, one of them is amla great source of vitamin C and according to some research I read only source which doesn't get vitamin c broken down while heating. It has strong antioxidant and cleansing properties, so skin does benefit from it a lot. It is known to improve blood circulation and with better circulation nutrients are going faster to your cells, hair follicles too.

If you go for powder there are organic ones easy to find i tried two brands gopala ayurveda and natvita both were good. Friend tried swanson pills it was also doing the thing but keep in mind if its not a strong extract you have to take maaany pills so powder or juice is more budget friendly. Just look for organic one to avoid heavy metals, there are many certified brands around.

jera
July 11th, 2017, 03:13 PM
You can buy it in form of juice and powder or pills, taste is tragic but it's worth the suffering. It is mix of 3 herbs, one of them is amla great source of vitamin C and according to some research I read only source which doesn't get vitamin c broken down while heating. It has strong antioxidant and cleansing properties, so skin does benefit from it a lot. It is known to improve blood circulation and with better circulation nutrients are going faster to your cells, hair follicles too.

If you go for powder there are organic ones easy to find i tried two brands gopala ayurveda and natvita both were good. Friend tried swanson pills it was also doing the thing but keep in mind if its not a strong extract you have to take maaany pills so powder or juice is more budget friendly. Just look for organic one to avoid heavy metals, there are many certified brands around.

Thank you. I will definitely look into this.

*Wednesday*
July 11th, 2017, 04:46 PM
Patience. Good o'l fashion patience. If there was a magic recipe, spell, etc....we'd all have long hair quickly. Don't fall for no snake oil routine.

AlKhazzaR
July 11th, 2017, 08:51 PM
Patience. Good o'l fashion patience. If there was a magic recipe, spell, etc....we'd all have long hair quickly. Don't fall for no snake oil routine.

Patience is great and will be needed anyway but why be patient with 1cm a month growth if you can boost it to 2 or 3 with proper care making your process shorter? Care only for conditioning without care for roots seems weird it's like hoping make up will fix acne without skin care. Definitely don't fall for expensive hair growth products, they won't be any better than cheaper options. Read about bhringraj there are medical researches proving it boosts growth much stronger than so popular in US minoxidil.

*Wednesday*
July 12th, 2017, 09:19 AM
Patience is great and will be needed anyway but why be patient with 1cm a month growth if you can boost it to 2 or 3 with proper care making your process shorter? Care only for conditioning without care for roots seems weird it's like hoping make up will fix acne without skin care. Definitely don't fall for expensive hair growth products, they won't be any better than cheaper options. Read about bhringraj there are medical researches proving it boosts growth much stronger than so popular in US minoxidil.

Bhringraj (oil or powder) is more of an organic product for the hair and is marketed for several areas; dandruff, greying hair, promote hair health, stress etc. More of a beauty product. Never hurts to try. Minoxidil’s claim is more of extending the growing/anagen phase (be it 1cm or 2cm), thus delaying that resting/catagen phase to keep hair on the head, a large percentage of it. The goal is rejuvenating follicle growth for hair to actually grow not the speed. Maybe some people see faster growth. It is targeted for pattern baldness, thinning or alopecia. Not sure why the two would be comparative in medical research.

Yes. Some people have great experiences with increased hair growth using certain products. I can’t rule that out. It’s great it works for them. However, when most people read reviews or hear these claims on products which say, “My hair grew 1 or 2 inches in a month.” We see pictures, video’s but we don’t know the time lap. The general public, we can’t verify these claims. Most aren’t fast tracked where the results show 50 people in a study, 95 % shown faster hair growth in a 4 week period. I am always skeptical, regardless of price. The pockets of someone is always lined and most are disappointed.

AlKhazzaR
July 13th, 2017, 01:18 AM
Bhringraj (oil or powder) is more of an organic product for the hair and is marketed for several areas; dandruff, greying hair, promote hair health, stress etc. More of a beauty product. Never hurts to try. Minoxidil’s claim is more of extending the growing/anagen phase (be it 1cm or 2cm), thus delaying that resting/catagen phase to keep hair on the head, a large percentage of it. The goal is rejuvenating follicle growth for hair to actually grow not the speed. Maybe some people see faster growth. It is targeted for pattern baldness, thinning or alopecia. Not sure why the two would be comparative in medical research.

Yes. Some people have great experiences with increased hair growth using certain products. I can’t rule that out. It’s great it works for them. However, when most people read reviews or hear these claims on products which say, “My hair grew 1 or 2 inches in a month.” We see pictures, video’s but we don’t know the time lap. The general public, we can’t verify these claims. Most aren’t fast tracked where the results show 50 people in a study, 95 % shown faster hair growth in a 4 week period. I am always skeptical, regardless of price. The pockets of someone is always lined and most are disappointed.

They were both compared on prolonging anagen phase in mices and regrowth of bald spots.alcohol extract was used as far as i remember for sure not oil. I will try to find this research later and post it hope I will manage to :) i guess stretching our pocket for 2$ a month in apothecary to try herbs doesn't hurt so much for DIY options if you only know what to use. Im more into traditional care where people saw effects for centuries than new 100$ find outs, always good to stay on safe side. Also day by day there are more medical researches on hair care herbs it's great to see which ones prove themselves not only in traditional usage.

*Wednesday*
July 15th, 2017, 09:29 AM
They were both compared on prolonging anagen phase in mices and regrowth of bald spots.alcohol extract was used as far as i remember for sure not oil. I will try to find this research later and post it hope I will manage to :) i guess stretching our pocket for 2$ a month in apothecary to try herbs doesn't hurt so much for DIY options if you only know what to use. Im more into traditional care where people saw effects for centuries than new 100$ find outs, always good to stay on safe side. Also day by day there are more medical researches on hair care herbs it's great to see which ones prove themselves not only in traditional usage.

Okay. Believe me, I'm not against anything. Personally myself, I take a skin/hair/nail vitamins, from Solgar. :) They don't make my hair grow faster, but helps my nails and the overall healthy of my hair and skin. It's $10 US for 60 tablets. Lasts me only a month but I love them. I agree with you in traditional care. Many times much better then commercially promoted products. My issue with these overpriced hair growth formulas they prey on people.