PDA

View Full Version : Hair style that keeps my scalp cool

groovylocks
July 5th, 2017, 05:43 PM
I am looking for a style that allows airflow through my scalp, I have tied it up in a pony tail and a braid, but it still keeps the hair tight on my scalp, I noticed when I run my fingers through my scalp and lift the hair it feels much better, my scalp was hot and sweaty.

Shorty89
July 5th, 2017, 05:48 PM
That's a tough one. Maybe many micro/small braids? Have you also tried a crow braid? That's my only ideas.

Simsy
July 5th, 2017, 05:52 PM
Try 2 loose braids, should leave a gap down the middle which will vent heat

theholydonut
July 5th, 2017, 05:53 PM
Hmmm, this is tricky because usually I go for styles that keep my hair off my neck, which usually means a tight hairstyle with no air flow through the scalp.

My solution would be a very loose bun on the top of my head, or a braid that starts low on the back of my neck so that hair near the scalp stays loose.

Maybe one alternative could be to section your hair into four quadrants, and then put those in buns? You would have more parts in your hair, and those parts would be exposed to air. That's one way of thinking of it. Another could be putting your hair up with a large claw clip, in an effort to keep the hair slightly off the scalp?

Those are my ideas, hopefully you find something that works for your hair. :)

groovylocks
July 5th, 2017, 05:56 PM
Wow I googled some of those, beautiful, but might be hard for me to do, my arms get tired just trying to reach to do a simple pony tail, and can't seem to even a single braid down my back. My arms a fat and short and do not reach well to do much with my hair.

Obsidian
July 5th, 2017, 06:16 PM
I like pigtails, let's the heat escape from the back of the head. You could always braid them too

Anje
July 5th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Multiple braids, like French braided pigtails. The parts seem to help.

lithostoic
July 6th, 2017, 08:09 AM
You could twist the whole front back in 5 or 6 sections and secure them with little clips. And bun the rest.

lapushka
July 6th, 2017, 09:47 AM
A looser French or Dutch braid, or even two, I think are the best bet here. I agree with those who've said this!!!

A bun kind of centers everything in one spot, but that's the style I wear about half the time, and it gets it all off my neck. I find that if that happens, I rarely get hot. That might be different for others, but it works for me.

Arctic
July 6th, 2017, 10:01 AM
yep, partings allow more scalp breathing. Maybe several buns would work, either stacked or sideways. I remember reading someone out ice cubes inside their buns :D If that is not doable (or even if it is after a while the ice melt anyway), damp bunning should be rather cool too.

Flittingsis
July 6th, 2017, 04:12 PM
I like an upside down French braid (from neck to crown) then bun or fold down and pin depending on hair length.