PDA

View Full Version : Silly poll--what is your hair color and your SO's hair color?

Pages : [1] 2

Tangles
October 26th, 2008, 04:23 PM
I have this theory that people are often attracted to people with different hair colors than them! To test this I want to conduct a survey on what your natural hair color is and what your SO's/wife's/husband's hair color is. This is an open answer poll. Have fun and I will tabulate results at the end!

I have naturally darkish brown hair and I don't have a SO but I am mostly attracted to light haired guys! I love gingers especially *blushes*

smilinjenn71
October 26th, 2008, 04:44 PM
I'm brunette, hubby is brunette and we both find that brunettes turn our eye quickest. We might just be weird though.shudder:

Sarahmoon
October 26th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I'm brunette and was always attracted to dark haired guys. The darker, the better. But I fell in love with a dark-golden-blonde :D (He prefers brunettes by the way, lol).

dancingmegs
October 26th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I have medium brown hair, and BF has light, ashy brown hair, threaded with silver. I don't think I'm attracted to a particular hair color. My previous boyfriend has very dark, almost black hair.

Speckla
October 26th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Brown with reddish highlights. Same for my husband - for now (he's losing it fast). Our son is dark blonde.
________
Extreme q vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/extreme)

freznow
October 26th, 2008, 05:33 PM
My :crush: has light brown/'tawny' hair. I think mostly I like light hair, but black/dark brown is handsome too :D (Both those colors are pretty far away from mine...) But I wouldn't exclude someone just for their hair color, the mind under all that hair is much more important.

Tangles
October 26th, 2008, 05:37 PM
But I wouldn't exclude someone just for their hair color, the mind under all that hair is much more important.

Yep. My preference for blonde or red hair is freakishly strong, but not THAT bad that it overrides personality.

spidermom
October 26th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Me: mid-to-dark blonde, going white and silver. Him: chestnut brown, going white.

invisiblebabe
October 26th, 2008, 06:03 PM
I'm dark blonde with highlights. My husband is medium-dark brown. :) I think he's the cutest guy ever, although when I was younger I did tend to be typically attracted to blond and redhead guys, haha.

may1em
October 26th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Mine's caramel, his is an ashy light brown with some lighter bits.

Sammybunny711
October 26th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I have ashy/dirty blonde and my fiance has light brown.

emeraldfaery
October 26th, 2008, 06:11 PM
My hair is dark blond/light auburn (call it what you see cause I never really know what to call it.) I've always been attracted to darker haired guys. Sure the blond hair, blue eyes is nice too, but I LOVE brown hair and blue eyes. That's what my boyfriend has. :D

Nat242
October 26th, 2008, 06:21 PM
I have red hair by choice, brownish/reddish/ashy by birth. My partner has dark brown hair with light streaks naturally. I have no hair colour preference that I'm aware of - I've been attracted to blondes, brunettes (from light brown to black) and red heads.

NeilTheFuzz
October 26th, 2008, 06:29 PM
My hair colour is a sort of brown with a hint of ginger. It's kinda nice cause when the sun light catches it, it looks quite cool. My gf's colour is peroxide blonde/white, although that may be changing soon.

beatricedivina
October 26th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Naturally, I'm a dishwater blond with grey streaks. I've always dyed it, though - platinum blond, ash blond, red, henna-red, auburn, etc. Right now, I do full honey colored highlights every eight to ten weeks, so I'm more blond than not. My husband has dark-dark-dark brown hair. I was hoping our daughter would be a dark brunette like him, but she seems to have inherited Mommy's indeterminate-color hair and indeterminate-color eyes.

Elphie
October 26th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Mine is brown and hubby's is invisible (he's bald) but he has a dark brown beard with some white frosting now.

LawyerGirl
October 26th, 2008, 07:16 PM
My guy and I both have dark brown hair... naturally, mine is almost black, and so is his. He doesn't go for blondes, and neither do I!

saracuda
October 26th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Mine's blonde, Dave's is red. Do you think we'll have a strawberry blonde child? :p

Anje
October 26th, 2008, 07:56 PM
I'm a redhead, DH is dark ashy brown, with a red beard. FWIW, there's lots of red hair in his family.

MermaidGirl
October 26th, 2008, 11:56 PM
I had really pale golden blonde hair as a child, which is steadily getting darker the older I get. It is naturally a dark blonde/light brownish now, but I highlight it, so it could probably best be described as dishwater blonde with wheat-colored highlights. I used to only look at blonde guys, but that didn't last long and has completely changed - I rarely find blonde men attractive anymore and now my preference is for dark hair on guys.

The guy I have a crush on now has top-of-the-shoulder length, very dark-brown almost black 3a curls that are to die for. Just saying that made me :D :D :D !!!

Chanterelle
October 27th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Me: auburn; my boyfriend: dark blond.
I can't say I'm looking at particular hair color but it somehow happens I've always dated only blond guys. :D

Nanni
October 27th, 2008, 01:34 AM
My hair is light brown, and my SO has medium brown hair. I've always prefered dark hair.

EvaSimone
October 27th, 2008, 01:39 AM
My hair is naturally dark brown, his is a blackish-brown. I like men with dark hair... I don't mind red. This is really shallow but blondish hair on men doesn't turn my eye. If I met a blond guy with a fabulous personality then that preference would go out the window. But just physically I will always pick a dark brown to black haired man over any other...

Arctic
October 27th, 2008, 02:28 AM
I have to disagree with your theory. What about people in countries where almost everybody has a certain colour of hair?

Also my SO and I have both medium ash brown hairs. I henna mine, but fiance doesn't have any favourite haircolour, he's very indifferent about hair in general. ETA: I myself have dated men with all colours of hair (ETA2: before I met my SO :laugh:), but maybe prefer brown.

Eloa
October 27th, 2008, 04:56 AM
I'm blonde, my boyfriend has very dark brown hair, so yes, your theory might be right. Although I've already dated guys with dark blonde hair (a very common hair color here, northern Germany, by the way). But I like dark hair best, if I could choose. Maybe that's because most women like what they don't have, in my case, dark curls. If I can't have them, he can!

Addy
October 27th, 2008, 05:13 AM
I have some kind of mousey brown with grays and DH has brown hair.

I can't remember if he goes for blondes or not but I do know he likes my color! :D I prefer any color but red on my guys. I know, I sound so shallow. :o Sorry!

RavennaNight
October 27th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Im naturally blonde and I was still blonde when I met DH, and his hair is naturally black. He likes by black hair better. I always liked darker hair on men.

taliarose
October 27th, 2008, 05:41 AM
I've always had dark hair and have dated or been in relationships with just about any hair color...

zift
October 27th, 2008, 05:55 AM
I have dark brown hair and I have no preferation of color in a person. My partner has light brown/caramel colored hair and I'd love him the same wheather he was blond or black or red...

Honigwein
October 27th, 2008, 06:04 AM
I have natural dark brown/black hair. My husband is blond, a wheat color blond... based on my example I think you´re right, Tangles. :) When we first met each other, he was so amazed about my hair as I was with his!

Krifantasy
October 27th, 2008, 08:56 AM
I have brown hair with some blonde shades and my husband has brown hair with red shades. I have always liked brunettes though.

burns_erin
October 27th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Mine is indeterminate on its own but I tend to keep it in a red range. DH's is brown but highly sun blonded. Of course when we first together it was blue.

Tapioca
October 27th, 2008, 09:18 AM
I'm blonde (strawberry blonde now with the help of henna) and my DH's hair is very dark brown, almost black (now salt-and-pepper with the help of time). I always found myself attracted to redheads before I met him. I definitely fell in love with his personality, not his looks. Not that he's hideous! Just not what I had always thought I wanted.

frodolaughs
October 27th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Me: dark brown/black longhair
He: light brown, short hair

If I'd gone for a guy based on the hair, I'd be with a guy with long hair--any color, any texture, as long as he kept it healthy and tangle-free.

chantiny
October 27th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Me: tawny (now henna'd) Him: Medium to light brown, with a quarter sized blonde spot behind and above his left ear. Yay for a very original birthmark.

Gumball
October 27th, 2008, 10:24 AM
That's quite an undertaking to tabulate all the info at the end of this! I've got dark to medium brown hair while bubbleguppy has brownish reddish hair.

cuddledumplin
October 27th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I'm a brunette, and my hubby's hair is reddish brown. His hair was ginger when he was younger, but it's got darker with age.

Euphony
October 27th, 2008, 10:30 AM
I met hubby before I met henna so my hair was it's natural color. The tips of my hair bleach badly in the sun so the ends of my hair were exactly the same color as my hubby's before I hennaed. I could lay my hair on his head and you couldn't see where his hair stopped and mine started. But my roots were a chocolate brown, hubby's is a dark blonde/light brown color and mine is now close to burgundy.

Nightshade
October 27th, 2008, 10:44 AM
DH and I are both technically brunettes, but one of us hennas. :p

JessTheMess
October 27th, 2008, 10:47 AM
I have dark, dark brown hair and my DF has a dark golden brown. I was always into black hair until I met my love:cloud9:

Barca
October 27th, 2008, 11:17 AM
my hair is naturally darkest brown with red highlights in the sun, my SO has brown hair with visibly red undertones for the most part.

Naluin
October 27th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Yep. My preference for blonde or red hair is freakishly strong, but not THAT bad that it overrides personality.

Me too, Tangles. I have dark brown, sometimes black-looking hair. Him: red hair, but turning increasingly golden from sun exposure. (I weep. I prefer red to blond)

Chromis
October 27th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Brown and browner. I have never known hair colour to influence my choice of partner though.

Islandgrrl
October 27th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I'm a red. DH, when he had hair, was a medium brown. :bigeyes:

I find guys with red hair or really, really dark hair insanely attractive. Blue eyes help, in either case :)

mooglewoo
October 27th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Ima henndigohead, so I'm darker than him, but not naturally.
If we're talking naturally, I'm 2 shades lighter.
Hair color doesn't mean anything to me though.

Gypsy
October 27th, 2008, 12:22 PM
both brunettes and I never noticed a hair color pattern until a while back when I was looking through old pictures and saw all my ex's except for 2 had dark hair and green blue eyes; the others were 1 strawberry blond and 1 red.

SweetPea88
October 27th, 2008, 12:25 PM
My hair is black and my fiance's is dark golden blonde.

LutraLutra
October 27th, 2008, 12:36 PM
I love gingers especially *blushes*Let me tell you, you're soooo not alone. :eyebrows:

Anyway, I'm auburn and my previous SOs have always been dark browines, but blonds just don't seem to do it for me.

Now if I could only get me the ginger chap of my dreams... *sigh*

Buddaphlyy
October 27th, 2008, 12:43 PM
We both have black hair. His is a little darker than mine though. He wishes mine were brown.

Teakafrog
October 27th, 2008, 01:10 PM
We both have medium-brownish hair, his with a bit more red highlights in the sun. But we're both German, so were palest blond as babies, then darkened. Our kids are the same--white blond at birth, darken with age to brown.
I've never noticed a big attraction to one hair color, but maybe lean towards dark hair. DH likes redheads, and I dyed my hair red for years because I liked it too. He says he doesn't care now that I've stopped. Actually, I prefer it when he shaves bald--I think he looks best that way. ;)

Tangles
October 27th, 2008, 03:32 PM
My hair is naturally dark brown, his is a blackish-brown. I like men with dark hair... I don't mind red. This is really shallow but blondish hair on men doesn't turn my eye. If I met a blond guy with a fabulous personality then that preference would go out the window. But just physically I will always pick a dark brown to black haired man over any other...

Haha, you're the same as me just the opposite preference ;) I'll turn my head if I see a Ron Weasley or Prince Harry lookalike, but tall, dark and handsome doesn't do it for me!

snowbear
October 27th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Mine is dark blonde/light brunette (I call it "blondette"), his is dark brunette.

lirael
October 27th, 2008, 03:39 PM
My boyfriend and I both have deep brown hair and medium brown eyes. We even have similarly colored skin.

Alun
October 27th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Mine is naturally very dark brown, but is greying. DW's is strawberry blonde, but seems to be getting less red.

dor3girl
October 27th, 2008, 03:53 PM
When we were dating, I had dark blonde hair & he had dark brown hair. My eyes are hazel-brown & his are blue. Plus--he has fair skin that burns & I have yellow-ish skin that tans easily--so we are not total opposites, but are different enough. Our kids each have their own unique look (to the point that I have even been asked if they come from the same father *tres rude*)--between the 2 of us, though--the gene pool is quite large, so I am not surprised that we have kids that are all different flavors--blonde, brunette, calico, and strawberry blonde.

I guess I got off on a tangent with my answer to that question. I have been so many colors that I can't say that I have an "opposite" haircolor. As a little kid I really liked blonde haired boys, but as I grew up, it seemed like the blonde haired guys were either jerks or players & not very nice (how's that for stereotypes?).

dor3girl
October 27th, 2008, 03:56 PM
DH and I are both technically brunettes, but one of us hennas. :p

Which one? *giggle* (only kidd'n)

Tangles
October 27th, 2008, 03:58 PM
When we were dating, I had dark blonde hair & he had dark brown hair. My eyes are hazel-brown & his are blue. Plus--he has fair skin that burns & I have yellow-ish skin that tans easily--so we are not total opposites, but are different enough. Our kids each have their own unique look (to the point that I have even been asked if they come from the same father *tres rude*)--between the 2 of us, though--the gene pool is quite large, so I am not surprised that we have kids that are all different flavors--blonde, brunette, calico, and strawberry blonde.

I guess I got off on a tangent with my answer to that question. I have been so many colors that I can't say that I have an "opposite" haircolor. As a little kid I really liked blonde haired boys, but as I grew up, it seemed like the blonde haired guys were either jerks or players & not very nice (how's that for stereotypes?).

Your kids sound sooooo cute.

Blonde haired guys jerks? I've heard that before but never really noticed more of them being jerks versus the tall dark and handsome type. If that's true, then I guess I'll be alone forever, because I would never date a jerk!

dor3girl
October 27th, 2008, 03:58 PM
I'm blonde, my boyfriend has very dark brown hair, so yes, your theory might be right. Although I've already dated guys with dark blonde hair (a very common hair color here, northern Germany, by the way). But I like dark hair best, if I could choose. Maybe that's because most women like what they don't have, in my case, dark curls. If I can't have them, he can!

I hear ya on that one! My hair is really straight & fine...husband has thick wavy/curly hair. Only 1 out of 4 of the kids got his hair, though!

dor3girl
October 27th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Your kids sound sooooo cute.

Blonde haired guys jerks? I've heard that before but never really noticed more of them being jerks versus the tall dark and handsome type. If that's true, then I guess I'll be alone forever, because I would never date a jerk!

Well--I am talking about jr. high & high school boys, I am sure the older ones grow out of the whole narcissistic thing!

Also, yes, my kids are very cute--it is almost criminal *giggle*

Medvssa
October 27th, 2008, 04:01 PM
I don't have a preference colour or texture wise, as long as it is long, I drool :D My BF's is just a little lighter than mine. A medium brown.

Tangles
October 27th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Well--I am talking about jr. high & high school boys, I am sure the older ones grow out of the whole narcissistic thing!

I find most guys narcissistic honestly! I'm forgiving of it, though; women are too insecure so it balances out in the end.

Dolly
October 27th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Well, I have naturally dark brown hair with intermittent grays, and so does my fiancee......but I have been dying mine deep red for about 5 years now, so he has never seen my natural color, except at my roots.

As far as the men I have been attracted to, they have ranged from bald to carrot orange to honey blond to jet black, and every variable in between.....

sapphire-o
October 27th, 2008, 11:45 PM
My hair is dark brown / soft black, DH's hair is dark blonde. I always like the look of golden hair, brown hair is nice, too. If possible I don't choose red hair.

MerryKat
October 28th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Me - Deep Auburn
DH - Dark Brown with reddish lights (he has a weakness for blondes & it is a standing joke that he has no idea how he ended up with me!)

Iphinoe
October 28th, 2008, 03:10 AM
I'm a textbook example of being attracted to opposite hair colour!

I come from a family of Celts: blondes, redheads, and dark blonde/light brown like me, fish-belly white n' freckly skin. As a result, I find all of the above very unattractive in men, especially blondes. Blue eyes + blonde is almost a repellent. Weird, I know.

I have dated men who were Chinese/Jamaican, Moroccan, Lebanese, Iranian, Phillipino, and some sort of Spanish mix. I think I've dated one white/fair guy, but he had a shaved head. Since Patrick Stewart was my girlhood crush, that was a plus.

DH is your typical British Colonists US mix, save for something like 1/16th Cherokee so he has the gorgeous black hair, super dark eyes, tanned-ish skin, and slightly slanted eyes. Yum! (Disclaimer: we met online, so it was a happy accident he happened to turn out the epitome of my type, and a jaw-dropping fox. Hm. I think it's time to turn in for the night.:eyebrows:)

I think my preferences/dislikes are my genes' struggles to avoid inbreeding with my own relatives. :scared:

Monsterkitti
October 28th, 2008, 03:18 AM
I have mid/dark brown hair naturally slightly darkened at the moment by henna/indigo. My DBF has dark brown hair and ive always found dark brown/black hair attractive.

Finoriel
October 28th, 2008, 04:04 AM
Mine darkened from coppery to auburnish through the years and I already get some white sparklys.
SO claims his hair is blond, but actually it´s more a light brown or with a lot of imagination, good lighting, after a whole sunny summer and if I squint a little, it´s :wink: very dark blond.

Katze
October 28th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Sorry to kill your theory, but BF and I have almost the same hair color (tawny, hair-colored, dark gold, hard-to-define). Mine is a touch ashier and darker, and I have more silvers. But he has dark eyebrows and a mixed beard, whereas I have pale blonde eyebrows and body hair. Since BF has been taking better care of his hair, and since we cut 4-5 inches off, it looks darker, too - the driest, most damaged bits are gone.

I have always liked light brown/blonde men. Maybe because I was the only blonde in my immediate family? But I also dated a few Asian men...I guess I prefer them smoother and less hairy. :D

Tangles
October 28th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Sorry to kill your theory, but BF and I have almost the same hair color (tawny, hair-colored, dark gold, hard-to-define). Mine is a touch ashier and darker, and I have more silvers. But he has dark eyebrows and a mixed beard, whereas I have pale blonde eyebrows and body hair. Since BF has been taking better care of his hair, and since we cut 4-5 inches off, it looks darker, too - the driest, most damaged bits are gone.

I have always liked light brown/blonde men. Maybe because I was the only blonde in my immediate family? But I also dated a few Asian men...I guess I prefer them smoother and less hairy. :D

Haha, my theory died a long time ago. Seems like there's no correlation.

I understand the above poster on the not wanting to date someone who looks too much like you! I can't find myself attracted to guys who look like they could be my brother shudder:

Jostar
October 28th, 2008, 08:02 AM
i am a henna red-head, my partner is a natural ginger. My normal colour is mousy reddy brown. go figure!

Naluin
October 28th, 2008, 08:21 AM
I think my preferences/dislikes are my genes' struggles to avoid inbreeding with my own relatives. :scared:

I can understand that. I don't want to date anyone that looks like they could be a blood relative. :rolleyes:

rhubarbarin
October 28th, 2008, 10:26 AM
It's certainly true for me that I like people with different coloring than me! I'm not a fan of men with blonde hair, red hair, pale skin, or freckles. I like brown skin and dark hair.

That said, I would always go for a sweet blonde or redheaded guy over a man with darker coloring who wasn't as nice. And, I think Paul Newman is sexy even though he's a blonde.

I'm 'hair colored' - light brown/dark blonde, with light ends and highlights. My BF is very dark brown, nearly black, but starting to go gray.

SeaPhoenix
October 28th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I have a medium-ish brown with pretensions to light brown in certain lighting. But, I kept it henna'd for years, and my husband met me when I had dark red henna'd hair. :-) He says my smile, and the way I actually talked to him at his in-processing briefing caught his attention (apparently the other NCO's briefing newcomers to the squadron weren't so inclined to give a welcoming feel to their briefings lol) - followed immediately by the vibrant red hair in an elaborate updo(it was hip length back then too lol).
My husband has blond hair which for some reason or another he tries to swear is brown. It's not even a super dark blond either - and bleaches uber light with extended time in the sun lol. I think I finally have him convinced he really does have blond hair. :-)

bunnii
October 28th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I have medium/dark blonde hair and BF has dark blonde/light brown hair :p

CheshireGrin
October 28th, 2008, 04:10 PM
lol I don't have a SO and never want one but I have naturally almost black hair (just dyed it all back to brown-black) and I've always been attracted to black haired people (I'm admittedly an Asianphile and also love the bi/tri-racial look) and unnatural coloured hair. I think bleach blonde on Asians looks really good but I don't like naturally blonde or red hair (unless it's a dark auburn) on men though it can be very pretty on women.

RocketDog
October 28th, 2008, 05:38 PM
I'm ashy blonde and my fiance has strawberry blonde hair with a coppery-red beard :)

AnneAdeline
October 28th, 2008, 09:11 PM
I have light/medium brown hair, but henna it. My DBF has red hair.
I love red hair!

Bianca
October 29th, 2008, 08:56 AM
My hair color is medium blonde, my bf's hair is a very dark blonde, it may be light brown. (He's a gartner so he's out in the sun a lot)

I do like brown haired guys the best. But in the end, i dont think hair color is that important :cheese:

But maybe we do get attracted by certain colors. I know my mom does, she dislike's dark haired men. And she has dark hair. My brother who has light hair, likes brunettes :D

BlackfootHair
October 29th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I have medium brown hair with henna, boyfriend has black hair. His ancestry is from present-day Pakistan, then India, so, obviously I'm attracted to more opposite traits than just hair. :D

Periwinkle
October 29th, 2008, 09:16 AM
I'm brunette. My SO has black and white hair, four legs, and meows :)

Aisha25
October 29th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Me Blackish brown my BF has very black hair,I am in love with darker than myself:eyebrows:

Elanor
October 29th, 2008, 01:26 PM
My hair is medium brown and my bf's hair is really dark brown. Now that I think of it, I'm usually attracted to dark haired men, but just like Bianca said, hair color is not that important :p

pariate
October 29th, 2008, 01:28 PM
I have naturally darkish brown hair .......... I love gingers especially *blushes*

Me too! I have a real thing for ginger hair. Always have had :D I'm also brunette. If I can't find ginger I go for dark hair though. For some reason blonde guys just don't grab my attention.

kunibob
October 29th, 2008, 02:07 PM
I'm chestnut in winter & reddish-brown in the summer.

My SO's colour is dark blond/light brown, but he streaks it with platinum.

As he said to me when we first started going out, "I like hair." He finds hair very interesting and likes all styles, colours, etc. He's more partial to brunettes or redheads (his Mom & sister were blondes), but really he's most interested in people expressing themselves through their hair, as he does.

I don't really have a preference, though I have a soft spot for funky, punky styles and colours.

redtea
October 29th, 2008, 02:34 PM
I have red hair (henna), but it's mostly light brown now naturally, although it was red when I was younger. BF has beautiful, perfectly black, curly hair. I love it :)

meganb990
October 29th, 2008, 03:05 PM
I have medium brown hair and so does he. I've never been attracted to anyone with lighter hair really.

Tangles
October 29th, 2008, 05:26 PM
There are very few of us here who like blond guys. Interesting.

I'll tabulate results later tonight if I have time.

Tangles
October 29th, 2008, 06:03 PM
I'm brunette. My SO has black and white hair, four legs, and meows :)

The best kind :)

Scary, but my obsession with ginger extends to cats too... I'm redophobic with regard to myself, redophilic with respect to most everyone else.

Mercurielle
October 29th, 2008, 06:11 PM
My natural hair colour is medium to dark auburn, depending on the season. Lighter and more coppery in the summer (of course) and darker in the winter, but still with too much red to be considered brunette.

No current significant other to speak of, but I've always been drawn to black/brown hair (which goes along with my preference for exotic/ethnic looking men). Like many, I've never been drawn to blondes and really find blonde hair/blue eyes to be the least attractive (sorry). However, my number one current prospect has dark blonde hair and is very Germanic. He had brown eyes, at least! hahaha.

Oddly, while I prefer long hair on women I prefer the opposite for men. (Every man I've dated has either had long hair or formerly had long hair for a substantial set of years, hahaha.)

There are always exceptions! :)

Raven69
October 30th, 2008, 03:53 PM
I don't have a SO atm, but I am attracted to dark haired men with muscles - that have short hair. Long hair on men is ugly! Although, I prefer light-haired, escpecially blonde haired men. I have darkish brown-black hair.

DecafJane
October 30th, 2008, 04:27 PM
I find blonde and red REALLY attractive on guys, but I fell in love with a man with dark brown/black hair, and I think he looks just perfect the way he is. :D
I am brunette, and am tempted to colour at times, but DH loves my natural hair colour. Go figure. :)

Tangles
October 30th, 2008, 05:06 PM
I have to say I like short hair on guys better, but when I find a guy cute I always think he'd look amazing with long hair, isnt that weird.

longhairedfairy
November 1st, 2008, 11:22 PM
I guess I tend to like darker hair on men, but it depends on the person. I've seen some here with light hair that look HOT. No, I'm not going to give any names.*blushes*

Juneii
November 2nd, 2008, 12:25 AM
ahaha apart from dating a black haired guy for two years, the type of guys I like are blondes - the complete opposite of me, I adore guys with curly blond hair :] or just curly hair is fine.

Ndnlady
November 2nd, 2008, 03:56 AM
My hair is dark brown almost black, hubby is blond with a strawberry blond goatee. Hubby was always attracted to brunettes though!:)

Dvips
November 2nd, 2008, 08:57 AM
I am naturally a medium brunette; SO is one of those light brown-haired people that you can tell was blond when younger. (For some reason, I still see those colors as blond even though almost everyone else considers them light brown. :shrug: )

Queen V
November 2nd, 2008, 03:01 PM
My hair is dark brown, and my husband's is black. Both of us have always been attracted to dark hair.

Devon77
November 2nd, 2008, 03:05 PM
I have brown with a hint of red. My better half is a true redhead!

rhubarbarin
November 2nd, 2008, 03:47 PM
I can understand that. I don't want to date anyone that looks like they could be a blood relative. :rolleyes:

I see so many couples, though, that look like they could be brother and sister!

galleth
November 2nd, 2008, 03:49 PM
Mine's dark blonde/tawny, his too. :) But we both had strongly highlighted hair when we met!

redeyedtreefr0g
November 3rd, 2008, 03:45 PM
I have brown hair tending to the darker side of the shade. Jamie has thick, sometimes frizzy brown hair, slighty lighter than mine. I'm not sure if I have a prefered haircolor, since Jamie is my first and only love.

Tangles
November 3rd, 2008, 03:50 PM

I know, this really bothers me too (of course, if people are in love, they're in love--I mean in principle!) I understand that birds of a feather flock together, but for me, it's vital to have some sort of difference for there to be attraction--isn't that a genetic imperative?

Naluin
November 3rd, 2008, 03:57 PM

Said Eddie Izzard: "First rule of genetics: spread the genes apart!"

I do see a lot of look-alike couples, but that isn't me and my BF. We are pretty much physical opposites, but oddly enough, we are each one another's physical ideal. Works for us. :)

My mother had a theory that look-alike couples were a form of Narcissism: "Hey, you look hot! You remind me of someone... oh yeah, me!:eyebrows: "

Thrasher07
November 3rd, 2008, 04:03 PM
My hair is red/coppery I LOVE black hair, my boyfriend has dark brown hair

RedJen
November 3rd, 2008, 04:16 PM
I have naturally red hair and my partner of 15 years is a blond. However, when not taking ANY other factors into account, I prefer brunets and guys with black hair. My first boyfriend had reddish hair and it felt a bit like dating a family member.

Haith
November 3rd, 2008, 06:33 PM
I have tawny hair. I tend to be attracted to dark haired men, but I think I was influenced by old-hollywood leading men.

Alaia
November 4th, 2008, 07:54 AM
My fiance's hair is black. Mine is "tawny"!

:D

I enjoy the contrast when our hair gets mixed up.

jojo
November 4th, 2008, 08:11 AM
I m dark blond/light brown with natural copper highlights and my husband is darkblond/light brown so we are nearly the same!

Isilme
November 4th, 2008, 04:38 PM
well, I'm a hennahead, but my natural colour is dark ashy blonde/light brown. Bf has ashy dark brown curly hair *yummy* I have always been attracted to dark hair, and pale skin with blue/green eyes. Bf was a bit chocked when he found out he was my ideal guy;)

MandaMom2Three
November 4th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Naturally I'm medium brown and hubby is dark brown. I wouldn't change a thing about him for the world! Though I'll be henna'ing him when I do my hair too, though I don't expect any colour change on him, just to help a bit with dandruff. (and the gray hairs he mopes about and I think are hot :D)

RedJen
November 4th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Naturally I'm medium brown and hubby is dark brown. I wouldn't change a thing about him for the world! Though I'll be henna'ing him when I do my hair too, though I don't expect any colour change on him, just to help a bit with dandruff. (and the gray hairs he mopes about and I think are hot :D)

Yeah, I forgot to mention my blond husband is now mostly silver. I love it. My friends say he's a "silver fox." He does have one older friend who tells him he should color it, but I say NO WAY! And who else does he have to please but me?

longhairedfairy
November 5th, 2008, 02:17 AM
Yeah, I forgot to mention my blond husband is now mostly silver. I love it. My friends say he's a "silver fox." He does have one older friend who tells him he should color it, but I say NO WAY! And who else does he have to please but me?

Silver hair looks quite distinguished... and hot! lol

Comfrey
November 5th, 2008, 03:39 AM
I have red hair and my hubby is flesh coloured ............ he's bald LOL

oh and with a strange looking pony tail coming out the back of his head :rolleyes:

Urchin
November 8th, 2008, 01:30 AM
I'm auburn. I'm medium brown naturally, and I henna over it. My boyfiend has an unbelievably gorgeous and full head of, thick, straight, dark brown hair. He grows it long, too. Well, by normal standards, not LHC standards. It's a bit past his shoulders right now, and last year it was at about the male equivalent of BSL, or so pictures indicate. He was thinking about cutting it for Halloween, but I convinced him not to *phew*.

zen_oven
November 8th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Myself and DH both have brown hair, mine is just a lot darker.

Drynwhyl
November 9th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Mine is naturally light brown, almost dark blonde, but is hennaed to burgundy
and my bf's is dark brown.

tigerlily83
November 9th, 2008, 12:46 PM
I have very dark brown hair that almost looks black, in some light. My DH has dark blonde/light brownish hair, but some gray has been coming in. He keeps his hair very short since he is balding, so you really can't tell.

neon-dream
November 9th, 2008, 12:57 PM
My hair's naturally red, and I've always been attracted to dark haired guys :]
xx

neon-dream
November 9th, 2008, 01:00 PM
I have naturally red hair and my partner of 15 years is a blond. However, when not taking ANY other factors into account, I prefer brunets and guys with black hair. My first boyfriend had reddish hair and it felt a bit like dating a family member.

I know the feeling! I've never been out with a red headed guy, but I think it would feed weird hehe, since it's such a rare colour

AnnaMarie
November 11th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Mine is dark brown and my SOs is light brown with natural blond highlights. I am so envious of his hair colour its not funny! :p

cosmicboogie
November 11th, 2008, 06:44 PM
I'm a natural light brown, dyed to red-brown. My ex is a dark, dark brown. The guy I'm interested in now, however, is blonde. No accounting for taste, I guess.

Friesiangirl
November 11th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Mine is tawny/dirty blond and my SO is dark brown, but it has red undertones, just like my hair.

Hayley

Iolanthe
November 11th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I've got golden brown hair and my other half has very dark brown hair.

eyesofsummer
November 11th, 2008, 07:16 PM
I love medium to very dark brown hair for guys! I myself have light-medium brown, and I'm growing out blonde lightening. I've never dated anyone with lighter hair than mine...

GibsonGirlV
November 12th, 2008, 03:13 PM
I have dark blonde hair naturally, but colour it so it's golden blonde. He has dark blonde hair also. We both definitely have that fair skinned, blonde hair thing (though he has blue eyes and I have brown).

I tend to be attracted to dark hair on men though. I love fair skin contrasted with dark locks.

I've dated men of different nationalities with different hair types (black, european, philippino, greek) and I do find that in general, I love dark hair...funny that I ended up with another blonde.

vindo
November 12th, 2008, 11:10 PM
My hair is a very dark brown and hubby has black hair. I guess I like black hair a tad better since I like the guys hair to be darker than mine..
But in the end it always depends on the whole person, ne :)

akiss4lexie
November 12th, 2008, 11:33 PM
My mother had a theory that look-alike couples were a form of Narcissism: "Hey, you look hot! You remind me of someone... oh yeah, me!:eyebrows: "

haha that's the best! love it!

As for me I am naturally medium brunette, with a few natural golden highlights. (My sig pic is now horribly obsolete, because my hair is now at waist, and I dyed over the old fake highlights with semi-permanent dye the shade of my natural color. I'll work on getting a new one...)

I am most attracted to Asian guys, so obviously I tend to go for guys with dark/black hair a lot. But I also like the blonde hair/blue eyes combination on a good looking guy, even though that's at the opposite end of the spectrum. Maybe it is some biological drive teling me to choose someone with features different from mine - whether that be darker or lighter. There's so much more to attraction than just hair color, though, so who really knows? ;)

Duchess of Erat
November 13th, 2008, 01:17 AM
We're both dark blonde/light brown, my bf's hair is a little lighter than mine.

chloeishere
November 13th, 2008, 05:30 PM
My hair is tawny (some say strawberry dark blonde/ light brown), my boyfriend's hair is a medium brown, with beautiful silver hairs coming in on the sides.

granitbaby
November 14th, 2008, 01:27 PM
My natural hair colour is dishwater blonde with warm highlights and my SOs hair is dark ashy dishwater blond. My colouring is much warmer than his but at a first glance our hair colour would look similar.
My hair is henna red now and when we met it was chemically red coloured.

Siava
November 14th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Mine is medium brown and his is lighter brown and gray. :)

pinkfairygrl
November 14th, 2008, 02:03 PM
I have dark ash blonde hair, but I love dark haired guys. Guess the whole tall, dark, and handsome thing really floats my boat.

Daoine Sidhe
November 18th, 2008, 02:01 PM
I have dark ashblonde hair and my SO has light brown hair, so that's not such a big differende.

BUT I have blue eyes with pale pink skin and he has green eyes with a yellow-beige skin undertone. So he's a "warm" type as they say and I'm a "cool" (as in colors).
So were kind of opposites...

ancilla
November 18th, 2008, 10:56 PM
My natural color is a lighter medium brown (mouse!) but I have been dying it red for years.
My boyfriend's hair is almost black brown.

winter_star
November 19th, 2008, 03:19 AM
My natural colour is brown with a slight reddish tinge. His hair is actually white... but he dyes it dark brown/black. I am very rarely attracted to blondes. We are both big brunette fans.

Newniepg
November 19th, 2008, 03:49 AM
My hair is very dark brown and I always favoured black hair...until I met my ashy, mousy, dark blonde, light browny haired husband. some colours are so difficult to describe aren't they?!

Juliet's Silk
November 19th, 2008, 06:49 AM
My hair is medium to dark brown and my SO (:inlove:) has beautiful jet black hair.

Loviatar
November 21st, 2008, 05:57 AM
I'm naturally medium brown, dyed henna red.

My partner is naturally ginger red. :inlove:

My past 4 boyfriends have all been redheads... *ahem*
and my favourite girly crush is Alyson Hannigan who is also a redhead.

So yeah.. I guess I have a thing for ginger! (Hey, I have ginger tea, I put powdered ginger in my henna mix, I eat ginger sweets... why not accessorise too?)

flapjack
November 21st, 2008, 11:54 AM
I have red/brown/blonde hair. Hahaha, many of you understand this "color".

My so has dark brown hair. It's that "chocolate" color, to be more specific.

In reality... hair, eye and skin color play no actual role in who I have been attracted to and dated. I have dated people in all 3 races, I've never cared. A good-looking guy is a good-looking guy.

I will admit, however, that men with dark hair and eyes intrigue me slightly because it's different than what I have. I have light/multicolored hair and eyes and I wouldn't want it any other way... I think it's cool to be "colorful" the way that I am. But that doesn't make me any less... curious. Haha. I have a soft spot for the "dark and handsome" look, too. Curses! But I don't mind the "tall" part. Most guys I've liked actually haven't been very tall... oddly enough. I dunno, attraction is random. I don't bother trying to understand/analyze it for more than five minutes at a time.

Butterflylady
November 21st, 2008, 03:36 PM
I'm medium brown, going silver. My SO is kind of strawberry blonde going bald.

Starr
November 22nd, 2008, 12:46 PM
Dh has medium brown with bits of gold and I have deep dark brown with bits of caramel and red (when don't henna and let the virgin hair peek out).

morguebabe
November 22nd, 2008, 12:50 PM
I'm light brown to dark brown naturally, and I LOVE LOVE dark hair/blue-black/funky colors on men.

Tangles
November 22nd, 2008, 08:56 PM
I dunno, attraction is random. I don't bother trying to understand/analyze it for more than five minutes at a time.

Attraction is one of the things I've always wanted to understand in some sort of scientific and rigorous way. It is just so complex, though--where does the physicality of the person end and the inner part of them start determining whether you are drawn to them or not? There's no clear delineation between those things.

Tangles
November 22nd, 2008, 09:01 PM
I didn't get a chance to record the preference part, so instead I just counted based on what people said their SO's hair color was. I think that part of the poll is more telling, anyway.

54 of you had SO's whose color was the same as your own or within 3 shades of your own.

51 of you had SO's whose hair color was markedly different (darker or lighter) than their own.

I only counted virgin colors, not henna or grey.

Given the quite large and diverse sample size, it's safe to say that people are fascinated with different hair colors than their own, but they also enjoy similarities, and so this is not a major factor in attraction.

Amoretti
November 23rd, 2008, 02:29 PM
Mine's auburn and his is dark brown with some silver.

Alley Cat
November 23rd, 2008, 03:55 PM
My husband is a red head and naturally I have brown hair . I dye mine reddish brown though it looks dark brown at the moment. :)

nienna42
November 23rd, 2008, 05:34 PM
I'm naturally blond but dye my hair red. My SO is blond, but I usually prefer redheads and brunettes.

I actually have the theory that people are attracted to those who mirror themselves in some ways. Interesting that we differ on that!

MBonn
November 23rd, 2008, 06:02 PM
What an interesting poll and conclusion! My hair is dirty blonde naturally but I envy DH's hair because it is so thick and he has such amazing natural high/lowlights.

Nevermore
November 23rd, 2008, 09:46 PM
My hair is a different color each time I look at it. Sometimes it looked "tawny", sometimes it looks copper red, sometimes (in updos) it looks dark brown. My skin is cool toned and fair. My partner's hair is dark brown and she's pretty pale, but warm-toned.

My ex's have had dark brown hair, red hair, "tawny" hair, no hair (shaved head), blonde hair, black hair. They've been Indian, part Native American, of German descent, Italian and basically everything else under the sun.

I love hair, in any color as long as it's healthy. I love unnatural colors and natural ones. I love curly, straight, wurly, wavy. I have a marked preference for SHINY hair though.

I really just like people, the hair is nice, just like other physical features like breast size/shape, height, weight and so forth. Since I'm technically bisexual (though I'm mostly into women), gender isn't an issue either.

Um, basically, I just like shiny hair on top of people whose personalities I like :shrug:

Arctic_Mama
November 25th, 2008, 02:24 AM
My hair was henna red when I met DH, and his was close to my natural dark blond/light brown - except mine is ashier and his is warmer. I have always loved his hair - length, color, and texture, and though I am going back to natural and growing out my henna I know he loves it long and red like when he met me.

Arctic_Mama
November 25th, 2008, 02:28 AM
I'm naturally blond but dye my hair red. My SO is blond, but I usually prefer redheads and brunettes.

I actually have the theory that people are attracted to those who mirror themselves in some ways. Interesting that we differ on that!

That's always been my theory too, and in general science supports that - DH and I look pretty similar in all but build, and our kids look almost indiscernibly like both of us. While my fantasy guy has bright green eyes and thick, long black hair I find in real life I am attracted to men similar to me.

ilovelonghair
November 25th, 2008, 02:29 AM
I have this theory that people are often attracted to people with different hair colors than them!

Going to disappoint you: my guy and I nearly have the same hair color: dark blondish. His is a bit darker then mine. And guess what? When I hennaed my hair, he wanted the same color, so we are both redheads now! Only his hair turned out a bit darker red.
I don't have a specific hair color I fall for, as long as it looks nice and long.

Not sure if anyone asked this yet:

the same question from Tangles, but then with straight or curly hair.

My partner has quite curly hair and I have more wavy hair. Also this is something just co-incidental, because as long as a guy has nice long hair it doesn't matter to me if it's straight, wavy or curly

dearladydisdain
November 29th, 2008, 07:52 AM
I have naturally dark blonde hair that I henna. My BF has dark brown hair. Hmmm. :) I went through a phase where I thought blonde guys were the greatest but mostly I've liked dark haired guys.

ETA: Ooh, hair texture. I have STRAIGHT hair that has waves occasionally. BF has curly hair. I am pretty much only attracted to guys with curly hair...and I want kids with curly hair. Heh.

rockkcor
November 29th, 2008, 08:26 AM
I don't have any preference...
I like it long and thick no matter the color... Longer the better - both on me and on my partner.
But most of my girlfriends had short hair - bad luck as hair is concerned :(
Color just doesn't mean anything to me :)

Sissy
November 30th, 2008, 10:13 AM
My husband and I also have the same color hair... some sort of light brown. :o

magpielaura
November 30th, 2008, 10:19 AM
I have dark blond hair, DH has dark brown.

His hair has been short since I've known him but he did have long hair once. I would love to have seen it as his hair is so curly it must have grown straight out for a long way before it grew down! Sadly not one picture exists of it.

VanillaTresses
December 1st, 2008, 05:45 PM
Mine: Henna-glossed blonde
His: Naturally dark brown with silver strands dotting the landscape

I could go for any hair color if it was the right person, but I do think that dark hair is hot! :)

gretchen_hair
December 1st, 2008, 07:49 PM
Dark brown. His is just a bit lighter than mine.

CurlyNinja
December 1st, 2008, 07:56 PM
I'm a dark brown/black, and my recently-ex boyfriend has a sort of golden brown, while my new interest is a strawberry blonde.

I've always been more attracted to the lighter haired types in general, though there are certainly exceptions, like drool-worthy Hugh Jackman and the like.

Oberon88
December 1st, 2008, 08:03 PM
My first boyfriend had dark hair, my first love had blonde hair a bit darker than mine.
Blondes turn my head the most, but I don't hair-discriminate when looking for a partner.

BeatlesFanGirl
December 2nd, 2008, 07:24 AM
Mine is dark chocolate, and I've always loved blond guys... ;) So your theory is right... :D (Well, I like all kind of guys, but blondies are really my type... I'm single at the moment, so I cant tell what colour my BF's hair will be if I find one:))

AutumnSky
December 4th, 2008, 10:51 AM
I've been a hennahead for so long I'm not even sure what my "natural color" is. (But wait... henna is a natural color, no?), but I'm red, and A is salt & pepper. (pre-gray he was "shoe-polish" black)

frogette
December 5th, 2008, 03:43 AM
Mine: medium brown. SO: very dark brown, about 50% gray (looks gorgeous).

NebraskaChick84
December 9th, 2008, 06:03 PM
brown and brown. his is more of a milk chocolate brown though and mine is more of a reddish/golden brown.

I was not attracted to him because of his hair or eyes (brown also)

KnightsLady
December 10th, 2008, 04:42 AM
Mine is dark blonde, his is brown/black.

Hair colour is not a big issue for me.

JamieLeigh
December 10th, 2008, 09:57 AM
I would say dark chestnut, because there are red tinges to it. (Thanks to my Irish heritage, I suppose)

My hubby's is darker than mine. Maybe espresso?

JamieLeigh
December 10th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Oh yeah...and I do love red-headed women. I always have...probably always will, LOL. But hair color has never been a factor of attraction, as far as guys are concerned, except in one case. And I think his hair length was the major factor in it. I dated a guy with waist-length carrot-red hair. It was GORGEOUS!!

Angelina15
December 10th, 2008, 11:00 AM
I have very light brown hair with some blonde mixed in. My husband has dark dark brown hair.

Sokudo Ningyou
December 10th, 2008, 11:12 AM
I don't technically have an SO, just a friend-with-benefits-I'd-LIKE-to-be-my-SO, but I can say as a natural brunette, I love me some dark-haired guys. :eyebrows: Doesn't mean it always happens that way, as my first (and only real) SO was blond, and my roommate/FWB was dishwater blond. However, the current guy is a medium-brown-haired boy, so I'm happier in that regard. :D

Now granted, if I find the right person to stay with and he happens to be blond, that's what happens. But I am on a visceral level attracted to darker haired and skinned men (Mexican like me, and Japanese), since I myself am olive skinned and darker haired. Blonds, except for Spike (mwahaha) and uh, can't think of any others, are the exception. But the heart dictates the head, and not the other way around....

dreamhair
December 11th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Mine is ash blond that gets lighter and darker depending on sun exposure. Fiancee's hair is very dark brown that gets red highlights in the sun.

Autumn
December 11th, 2008, 10:23 AM
My hair is dark brown with red highlights and my SO's is one of those shades that can look brown, blond, or reddish, depending on the lighting. For lack of a better term, his is light brown or honey brown.

glennagiraffe
December 11th, 2008, 05:29 PM
i'm a ginger kid. that enhances the fire with henna now. My BF is a dishwater blonde who has a real thing for us gingers and i love him despite his hair color. But in my secret heart i've always been drawn to the dark haired menfolk.

Speckla
December 11th, 2008, 06:22 PM
brown and browner
________
List of ford engines picture (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/List_of_Ford_engines)

Wind
December 11th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I have dark brown pin straight hair, my boyfriend has dark blonde wacky curly/wavey hair. :cheese: I love it.
My dad has black hair, and most guys that do remind me of him, so I just don't think that would work out. I love my guy, and his hair.

fairydust
December 12th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Well, my hair is medium brown, and my husband's is an ashy sort of blond. It's kind of hard to determine his hair colour, as he wears it so short. It looks darker than it is, since I remember a time when he wore it longer and it was a lighter shade of blond. And for the record, I do consider blond hair very attractive and blond people seem to turn my head more often than brunettes. I have no idea of hubby's preference, though. Brunette, I suppose :D

Robin E.
December 12th, 2008, 10:05 AM
I'm a brunette and so is my hubby, love of my life. I've always found similarly dark hair attractive in a man, maybe because most of my sisters are blond (some natural, some not) and I think of light hair as feminine.

flapjack
December 12th, 2008, 06:09 PM
^I've always thought of lighter hair and red hair as more feminine, also. That and my family is full of light haired women and dark/darker haired men. Coincidental, I guess, but definitely a factor explaining part of why I think the way that I do without even realizing it.

CestMadeleine
December 12th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Well I'm a brunette and my fiancé is a brunette too. I've always found dark haired people more attractive. But right now I've got pink hair and he's got green. And he loves my pink to no end. He likes unnatural colours haha. And I love his dark green.

venividibxtchy
December 12th, 2008, 11:13 PM
My hair is a medium-to-dark golden brown, and my Husband's is a darker warm brown. In certain light, you can see the undertones to his hair, and it's lovely. He was born with light, coppery red hair.

PurpleRays
December 28th, 2008, 08:27 PM
I have medium brown hair and my boyfriend is my silver fox...
Love his hair - nice and shiny - not wirey, LOL !

Wanderlust
December 28th, 2008, 10:51 PM
My hair color is light brown (although it is basically red now from past hair dye), bf's hair is very dark brown, almost black.

sahiba
December 28th, 2008, 11:15 PM
My hair colour is black and so is dh's and son's.

Pinga
December 29th, 2008, 01:39 PM
My hair is very dark brown/black and hubby's is medium brown.

jissy
December 29th, 2008, 03:32 PM
I was a light blond as a kid and am a dark blond now. DH is a brunette. He likes redheads ;-) But loves me as a light blond.
He has 3ft of hair and its all natural.
Mine is a little shorter than his and I started dying mine last march, it went bad and I finally found the right shade of blond for now. Not really sure I preferred one or the other hair color growing up, i did prefer a tan though! LOL

Melisande
December 29th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I'm a dishwater brownish-blonde with reddish highlights, fine, stick straight until I grayed - since then I have the tiniest wavelets that I cherish. My HB has dark, very full tight curls, like wool on a sheep. A black sheep. Or like a head full of tightly packed snail-shells. We have the most different hair you can imagine. I love his dark curls, he loves my hair (he calls it puma colored).

xeternalsilence
December 31st, 2008, 04:41 PM
My boyfriend and I could easily pass as siblings :rolleyes:
We both have naturally curly, medium brown hair. His hair is a lot more coarse and thicker than mine though. And I did dye my hair a bit darker a few days ago, but anyway...

I find guys with medium-dark brown or black hair the most attractive. I can only think of one light haired guy that I've been attracted to off the top of my head.

My boyfriend says he finds natural red hair the most attractive, but not the typical redhead personality ;)
(Don't hate me! I'm quoting! I actually don't know any natural redheads well enough to judge their personality...)

Girltron
December 31st, 2008, 06:41 PM
I have almost-black brown hair with henna highlights. LP has golden red hair, his beard and sideburns are Irish Setter red, and he has a lot of black hair mixed in.

I'm rather attracted to older people, too, so a lot of people I'm drawn to have grey hair. So yeah, quite different from my own hair color.

Also I have dark brown eyes and LP's are blue/grey, and most people I've been attracted to also had light eyes.

Themyst
December 31st, 2008, 06:54 PM
I have golden-brown hair with reddish highlights and green eyes.

DH has blond hair & blue eyes.

Out of all the men I've dated, only two I think were blond hair & blue eyed.

I've usually been more attracted to men with darker hair, brown or black - eye color never really mattered, well, maybe I do have a little preference for green.

berr
December 31st, 2008, 07:35 PM
I'm red. He's BALD.

My 2 older kids have his original hair color. Mouse colored in the winter, blond highlights in the summer. My youngest has red hair. My genes finally won out.

Briar
January 1st, 2009, 09:44 AM
My hair is light brown with unnatural teal streaks, and my fiance's hair is very dark brown with red tints in the sun. I tend to be attracted to dark-haired folks.

dalriada-lady
January 1st, 2009, 09:40 PM
I have natural 1B, coppery-bronze hair color with some blonde and cinnamon streaks throughout. i don't have anyone romantically right now but mostly i'm attracted to dark haired and red haired men, if curly much better. :p I just adore men with red curls and yummy freckles across their noses. i guess that's the Scot in me seeking the same Celtic blood genes. :)

Stubborn
January 1st, 2009, 11:25 PM
I'm a guy and my hair is brown. Girlfriend's hair is dark brown.

Sofoulee
January 1st, 2009, 11:34 PM
Obviously I'm brunette, but I've dated guys with blond, brown, and black hair.

I've yet to date a redhead though.... *shrugs*

Haha

iriska
January 3rd, 2009, 02:06 PM
i have brown nearly black hair, and he has very light blond hair
(although i always had a preference for dark-haired guys lol)

rags
January 3rd, 2009, 07:46 PM
I have medium brown hair going rapidly silver, and he has auburn hair graying deliciously at the temples.

aprilmay
January 4th, 2009, 12:25 PM
I have dark brown hair with a slight auburn tone. DH has very very dark brown hair according to him, but the kids and I think it is black.

Almandine
January 4th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Me: Brunette with reds in it.

Him: Redhead with blondes in it. I love red hair :3

Lady Verity
January 4th, 2009, 01:01 PM
I'm blonde and my BF has naturally blackish-brown hair dyed red with henna. I do tend to be attracted to men with dark hair, as long as it's abundant. Opposites are interesting, I think. :)

jeanniet
December 20th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Mine is very dark brown, and his is dark brown but not as dark as mine. Before I met DH I was always more attracted to blonde surfer types, which is not DH at all! Now I don't care about hair color as long as the whole package is attractive. :eyebrows:

Clarisse
December 20th, 2010, 03:11 PM
My BF’s hair is the exact same color as mine - a warm dark blonde/light brown with red in it. When we braid our hair together (he’s a long hair too), you can’t tell the difference.

luxepiggy
December 20th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Hmm well, as all of my exes have been Chinese, and I'm Chinese . . . (^(oo)^)

ddiana1979
December 20th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Before I started using henndigo, our colors were nearly identical. There's actually a picture (I attempted to post below, I don't know if it will work) of us that makes me giggle every time I look at it. . . we're standing with our heads touching, and our hair color (including highlights) looks practically identical. We both part on the same side & even have the same hair type. Plus we're both quite pale (except he has freckles). We only differ in height by one inch. We almost look like brother & sister. Our poor children are going to be so pale they'll probably spontaneously combust when they go out into sunlight. ;)

I don't know if I can post pictures correctly, but I'll give it a try:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6864&pictureid=91185

This was from Nov. 2009, so my hair was quite short.

ETA: I've NEVER dated a blonde. With the exception of one redhead, everybody else has been a brunette.

patienceneeded
December 20th, 2010, 09:56 PM
My natural is a light brownish red, just like DH's. Our DD has the same color.

Becky Safari
December 20th, 2010, 10:00 PM
I'm strawberry blonde and attracted to darker hair on men

Shanazel
December 20th, 2010, 10:01 PM
My hair is light brown. My husband's is gray, though it was dark blond when I met him. Hair color was not the first, second, or fourteenth thing I thought of when I hooked up with him. :)

Dreams_in_Pink
December 21st, 2010, 01:17 AM
I'm a brunette and MAD about blonde&ginger guys! :D I dated two guys, one blond and one redhead. Shame it didn't work out.

Nae
December 21st, 2010, 05:15 AM
Well I have super dark hair, see my siggy. And dh is lighter but still dark, probably medium brown category. He is starting to get some very distinguished white temples though.

JulietCapulet
December 21st, 2010, 07:02 AM
I tend to like guys with dark brown or brown hair. Maybe red. My hair is black.

LovelyL
December 21st, 2010, 07:12 AM
err I guess I'd call my hair dark blond and my DBF has a very similar hair colour (maybe mine has a few golden-ish highlights from being out in the sun, whereas his is short hair gets cut too often for that to happen)

I had never really thought of hair colour being on the wish list for the dream man!

xladolcevitax
December 21st, 2010, 07:21 AM
Im blonde and my SO has medium brown hair. I've always been most attracted to dark-haired guys.

Hiriel
December 22nd, 2010, 02:53 AM
We both have brown hair with a very faint hint of red in it, his is quite a bit darker than mine.
ETA: I'm not sure if I have a preference when it comes to hair colour, my boyfriend says he generally likes dark hair better than blonde.

leslissocool
December 22nd, 2010, 03:17 AM
I really don't think your theory is true... My hair is brown/black, I have dated every single color range, and now I am married to someone who's hair is as dark as mine.

One close friend of mine has been married twice, she is blond naturally and got married to a guy who has her same color. She is now married to a guy who has the same kind of hair, looks similar to him, and even has his same first name!

I think love is color blind :)

Renbirde
December 22nd, 2010, 03:45 AM
I have a sort of light brown color, that can be golden or ashy, depending on the light. DBF usually has dark, chocolatey brown hair but he dyed it a while back, so the tips are an interesting auburn shade. In my professional and unbiased opinion, he has quite lovely hair.

cuppycake
December 22nd, 2010, 04:09 AM
I have red henna hair right now but my natural is light brown/dark blonde. Hubby is a very dark brown. I don't really have a preference in hair color on guys as long as it looks good :)

Avital88
December 22nd, 2010, 04:21 AM
I'm natural a medium brown , and i always liked dark haired guys(darkbrown/black) the most.

Pear Martini
December 22nd, 2010, 07:53 AM
Mine is naturally dark brown, but I dye it blonde. My SO has seen my both ways and is a kind of mousy shade of brown. So I guess either way this proves your theory to be true.

Fadedbluedreams
December 22nd, 2010, 07:58 AM
Mine is medium brown. My husbands is Ash blonde :)

LocustSpawning
December 22nd, 2010, 10:53 AM
My hair is black and I love black hair on a man.

Snow White
December 22nd, 2010, 11:23 AM
My hair is really, really dark brown. My DH is dark blonde but was white blonde as a child. Our three children all have different shades of blonde hair...dark blonde, white blonde, and honey blonde. I feel left out. :)

lesbia
December 22nd, 2010, 12:56 PM
My hair are blonde, his are brown :)

Imnotarobot
December 22nd, 2010, 11:02 PM
My hair are brown, with natural red and blond tinges in it. My BF has black hair.

Kallenie
December 22nd, 2010, 11:22 PM
Well at the moment my hair is red, although my natural colour is a dark blonde that tends more towards an auburn-y brown colour. It's a strange colour to describe. My bf has dark brown hair that has some natural blonde in the under layers. It's cute :) I like dark hair on boys.

Druid of Alba
December 22nd, 2010, 11:35 PM
My hair is dark reddish-brown (dark auburn). I'm attracted to women with darker hair, and really pale skin, whereas I like men with blonde hair, and although I still prefer pallor, I don't mind a tan so much, whereas on women, I really don't find tans attractive.

Venefica
December 23rd, 2010, 01:50 AM
My natural hair color is dark blond but I dye it black. My husband to be have dark brown hair. I like dark hair color in general and are attracted to men with dark hair. I am also fond of red hair and strangely dyed hair color like purple or white.

Ishje
December 23rd, 2010, 01:58 AM
I have auburn hair, and my boyfriend has red hair :)
I do have to say that I dated all hair colors in the past.

Unzadi
December 23rd, 2010, 06:50 AM
Right now, my hair is its natural dark brown with some red lights - will be going back to full red soon. DH is bald, with reddish brown goatee with silver highlights. Gotta say I'm loving the silver on him.

sapphire-o
December 23rd, 2010, 07:07 AM
My hair is soft black with red tint. DH's hair is dark blond with a bit of silver. I'm attracted to golden hair. Although I never thought about his hair when we were dating. It was short and typical for a white guy. It's not until he grew it out I thought it's nice.

smileycat
December 23rd, 2010, 07:09 AM
My hair is dark blonde, ever darkening with age. My boyfriend has light brown hair with some silver. He was also a dark blonde that darkened with age. I dated red, brown, raven, blonde... okay, it sounds like I dated a lot! Not true! But of the handful of men I dated, hair color was a range. The two deepest relationships were with men with similar coloring to my own, including my current love.

MaggieMae
December 26th, 2010, 02:15 AM
This is an interesting topic! My partner and I are complete opposites in the physical sense. I'm a petite, pale, ash blonde with green/hazel eyes, and he is tall with brown eyes and jet black hair. In my case, I've always preferred dark features on men. My boyfriend used to have a preference for blondes, but he's expressed interest in the idea of seeing me as a redhead lately. Obviously like others have said though, personality comes a long way before the looks. :)

joiekimochi
December 26th, 2010, 05:13 AM
We're both Chinese (he has a little Portuguese mixed in but mostly Chinese) so we're both black-haired.

TheObscure
December 26th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Me and partner both have brown hair. My hair has auburn undertones, whereas his hair is a cooler brown. I'm drawn to darker, voluminous hair. I've never been an "opposites attract" person really when it comes to hair. I like what I can relate to I guess. Plus as a little girl I was constantly looking out for brunettes being represented in movies etc since most princeses seemed to be golden haired (Belle in Beauty and Beast was my hero)... so I always gravitate towards the darker hair haha.

Beatrix_Kiddo
December 26th, 2010, 11:38 AM
I'm brunette and my hubby is redhead

Crackaleen
December 26th, 2010, 12:03 PM
I'm a brunette and my husband's hair is black.

FluffSpider
December 27th, 2010, 02:31 PM
natural hair colour: ash blonde. hennaed red/orange
SO: almost-black.
I noticed the same thing^^

PiroskaCicu
December 28th, 2010, 07:52 AM
My natural hair is golden brown, my SO's hair is dark brown, almost black if seen from a far. I've always loved really dark hair! My hair is significantly lighter than his.

Anje
December 28th, 2010, 07:57 AM
My hair's naturally an auburny red, now with more red to it thanks to henna. DH's is generally a medium ash brown, with a beard with plenty of red parts in it until the red zones all turned gray.

Perhaps strangely, his sister is also a redhead, though more of the light gingery variety while I've always been on the dark end of the redhead spectrum.

Amarth
December 28th, 2010, 10:21 AM
My hair is dark brown, and I really don't know what to label my SO's color as... It's like a really, really ashy brown... I think....

Margeaux
December 28th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Interesting! I'd like to know the results :D

For the record: I'd call my hair colour 'medium blonde'; my SO's hair as light/medium blond (a shade lighter than my own). Total coincidence though: most of my exes were darkhaired.

christine1989
December 28th, 2010, 03:46 PM
My hair is dark brown and my DBF's hair is somewhere between dark blonde and light brown- leaning more towards dark blonde.

Igor
December 28th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Attracted, maybe, yes. But us humans have (hopefully) a lot more factors than just looks when it comes to finding a partner.

My hubby is blonde and the vast majorities of partners have been blonde, but that might be a case of simple supply and demand :gabigrin:

Nago
December 28th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Mine is naturally brown and lighter in the ends because i dyed it a time ago. My BF has black. Blond boys used to catch my eye when I was teenager, but now I feel more attracted by dark hair boys I don't know why.

gypsychild
December 29th, 2010, 01:56 AM
I'm a brunette and my fiance started out with dark blond hair as a kid that's now reddish brown. When I first saw him, his hair was dyed blond. Then black. It was reddish brown when we started dating, if that helps. Before him, I've only dated blonds somehow.

MissManda
December 29th, 2010, 01:59 AM
DBF and I have brown hair. His is a dark expresso brown and mine is more of a medium brown, although I'm currently a hennahead. The both of us prefer darker shades of hair as well. :)

nellreno
December 29th, 2010, 02:14 AM
I have that ashy light brown/dark blonde color, and she's a redhead.

KittyLost
December 29th, 2010, 03:39 AM
My natural is a light brown and my SO hair colour is dark brown.

Braidy
December 29th, 2010, 06:22 AM
My hair is brown and my SO's is black (Asian kind of black)

Birch
December 29th, 2010, 07:03 AM
at the moment: mine henna+indigo and his natural.

http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/2738/0191z.jpg (http://img813.imageshack.us/i/0191z.jpg/)http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/7581/0141w.jpg (http://img573.imageshack.us/i/0141w.jpg/)

indiana
December 29th, 2010, 07:12 AM
My hair is a dirty blonde while my husband has dark brown hair. *sigh* - and blues eyes....love the light eye/dark hair combo on men.

LaurieKeren
December 29th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Hubby was rather blond when I met him, now it is a light ash brown. I have dark ash brown hair.

christi.adell
December 29th, 2010, 07:25 AM
I have black (okay well naturally light brown) I love love love dark hair on guys, the darker the better.
But my husband has red hair! :)