PDA

View Full Version : No-trimming 2018! Second half only!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

lapushka
June 27th, 2017, 09:13 AM
For this challenge, you need to trim at the latest July 1st 2018.
Challenge ends on December 31st 2018.

No other trims are allowed during this half of the year for you to be part of this challenge.

If you want to no-trim for shorter periods of time during the year, then the "no-trimming club" is a better place for you:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132

Welcome, and "happy growing"!

Here's some easy guidelines for you:

You may maintain bangs.
You may not cut them in.
You may S&D
You may not trim.

If you are wanting to trim; please do so from:
July 1st through to and including July 5th.

AmyBeth
June 27th, 2017, 03:45 PM
I'm in. I'm an inch or two from knee length and impatient. I usually microtrim on the equinox or solstice, but I was too busy to think about it this past solstice. Since my ends are in good shape and I'm impatient, why not join a no trim challenge? I have not S&D'd in forever, but I might if I ever have the time, energy and inclination all at the same time lol. I've been committed to getting to knee length for a long time, but after I get there, all bets are off. This length is not as much fun as I'd hoped, and far more trouble than I'd imagined.

Magalo
June 27th, 2017, 05:15 PM
A bit early lapushka? :lol:

ravenskey
March 17th, 2018, 01:08 PM
Can't join first half because my hair is in a terrible state at the moment needs a few inches off but definitely in for the second.

lapushka
March 17th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Can't join first half because my hair is in a terrible state at the moment needs a few inches off but definitely in for the second.

Yay, I'm already wishing you welcome! :)

zanelle
March 18th, 2018, 04:04 AM
Hugs, girls! Let's do this!
I joined the no-trim 2019 wagon too :-)
I just trimmed twice since 2014.
My next trim MIGHT happen in 2020, say 2mm.
S&D here and then if I need it.
What definitely helps me stay strong is this article I found on Tumblr, it really opened my eyes:
http://leftboob-enthusiast.tumblr.com/post/148997763388/more-legit-gr8er-writing-tips

Milady_DeWinter
April 4th, 2018, 05:35 AM
I'm so in :cheer:

fhairyqueen
April 4th, 2018, 05:40 AM
I’m going to be in !!! :)

TiffPhares
April 4th, 2018, 08:07 AM
I have a planned trim in June so this is perfect!

lapushka
April 4th, 2018, 08:24 AM
Yay, welcome you guys! Happy growing!!! :D

lucid
April 4th, 2018, 11:50 AM
I will try to schedule my haircut such that I can join this challenge as well.

Microtrimmimg isn't for me (at least not now). But I think 2 cuts a year will be good while maintaining at between bcl and tbl. I've previously done 1 cut every 1-2 years, so I'll be upping my cuts a bit with 1 every 6 months :)

NightSister
April 5th, 2018, 07:44 AM
Joining the second half :)

lapushka
April 5th, 2018, 02:53 PM
Welcome you guys.

Yep, there's a tiny window to trim between the two challenges, but it's manageable and do-able.

floridaorchid
April 5th, 2018, 05:05 PM
I'll be joining this! Happy to say I've only been doing SandD since November!

CopperButterfly
April 5th, 2018, 06:49 PM
Alright, I'm doing it. I usually trim around once a quarter, let's see how 6 months goes!

Joules
April 24th, 2018, 08:06 AM
I wanna join! I'm really tired of being stuck at one length and I decided to push my hair really hard and grow it to hip/BCL by the end of this year, no matter how tapered my hemline gets.

I might need to trim on December 30th though. I lways do everything I need to do with my hair on December 30th, because on 31st we're always too busy cooking and preparing for the New Year celebrations. We'll se how things go.

lapushka
April 24th, 2018, 09:38 AM
I wanna join! I'm really tired of being stuck at one length and I decided to push my hair really hard and grow it to hip/BCL by the end of this year, no matter how tapered my hemline gets.

I might need to trim on December 30th though. I lways do everything I need to do with my hair on December 30th, because on 31st we're always too busy cooking and preparing for the New Year celebrations. We'll se how things go.

For this part to be "valid" you need to trim past the 31st, usually the first of the next year, and then you can participate in the year after as well.

Lumienkeli
April 24th, 2018, 12:06 PM
I am here! I am already in the first half challange, so I will trim around an inch in 1st July, than hopefully hit APL at the end of this challange.

Solgave
April 24th, 2018, 01:57 PM
I will join here :) Hopefully i will be at waist at the end of this challenge!

Stray_mind
April 24th, 2018, 02:02 PM
I'm joining too :)

missmelaniem
April 24th, 2018, 05:17 PM
Joining. I didnt stick with the last one... I think I joined in over a year ago. I'm all-in on this one!

Luna Starsetta
April 24th, 2018, 05:21 PM
I'm in! I want to get to classic and my ends seem quite happy at the moment. Let's go!:)

Luna Starsetta
April 25th, 2018, 08:18 PM
I'm not sure how much length I'll gain in 6 months but I'm ready to find out!

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 26th, 2018, 01:00 AM
Hopping onto this one when the first one ends :)
Trim 1” on July 1st and then start all over again!

lapushka
April 26th, 2018, 06:42 AM
Hopping onto this one when the first one ends :)
Trim 1” on July 1st and then start all over again!

Yay, that's the spirit! :D :cheer:

Welcome to everybody!!!

fhairyqueen
April 26th, 2018, 06:51 AM
We will be starting this challenge in no time ! Hopefully I will succeed in this first half still going strong ��

Lumienkeli
April 26th, 2018, 07:54 AM
When I joined two days ago, I thought only 1 month left from the first half challange. :) Here is already weirdly hot summer time.

fhairyqueen
April 26th, 2018, 01:29 PM
For some weird reason I’m more chilled about growing out my hair when it’s hot and summery .... weird
We had a couple of super hot days here in the uk and now it’s gone colder again.
Not too long ago we had crazy snow too

Jas
April 26th, 2018, 01:39 PM
Here it is! I want to join this since I failed the first half challenge in a dumb panic that my hair wasn't growing (so I cut it shorter. Why, Jas, Why??)

Hoping I'll be in this one and the whole of 2019 challenge. I will reach classic before I trim! I Will!!

I'm with you on the summer, Been loving the warm and not worrying about the hair :D

Eastbound&Down
April 26th, 2018, 03:07 PM
I'm in! I reshaped my hemline in February I think and now I good for a long while. Looking forward to the heat of the summer and hopefully so good growth through the rest of the year!

Sarez
April 27th, 2018, 11:09 PM
I'm hopping aboard, Lassies!! ;)

I just did my first micro-trim in my life ever a few days ago. Only 1.5cm, trying to even the ends out. I have no idea if that's going to work, as I still have weird fringe lengths with bleached ends I'm trying to grow out.
Regardless, I can (And have.) gone years without trimming :D

lapushka
April 28th, 2018, 06:47 AM
Welcome! :)

bparnell75
May 2nd, 2018, 11:59 AM
Lapushka, I am in. I have trimmed about 5 inches off of my ends from FTL back to almost tail bone and for once I have a blunt hem line. I have been itching to cut more so if I commit to this I will be better able to keep the scissors away.

lapushka
May 2nd, 2018, 12:41 PM
Lapushka, I am in. I have trimmed about 5 inches off of my ends from FTL back to almost tail bone and for once I have a blunt hem line. I have been itching to cut more so if I commit to this I will be better able to keep the scissors away.

Welcome to the challenge! :)

MsPharaohMoan
May 2nd, 2018, 04:13 PM
I'm in. I don't plan on touching scissors for a while now that I've cut off dyed ends.

Sarez
May 2nd, 2018, 09:46 PM

Thank you ��

fhairyqueen
May 3rd, 2018, 03:49 AM
This thread has helped me decide my year plan I’m going to finish the first no trim half , have a trim on 1st July and then start this challenge
:)

lapushka
May 3rd, 2018, 07:35 AM
I'm in. I don't plan on touching scissors for a while now that I've cut off dyed ends.

This thread has helped me decide my year plan I’m going to finish the first no trim half , have a trim on 1st July and then start this challenge
:)

You sound really determined. :D

Guitargod
May 8th, 2018, 10:41 AM
I might be in. Just trimmed a cm today and the plan is to do a microtrim around July 1st and then go for the homerun - hopefully reaching classic by Christmas and then back to trimming in 2019

lapushka
May 8th, 2018, 01:31 PM
I might be in. Just trimmed a cm today and the plan is to do a microtrim around July 1st and then go for the homerun - hopefully reaching classic by Christmas and then back to trimming in 2019

Great! Welcome, in case you decide to yes, be in. I think yours is an awesome plan. If the July 1st trim isn't necessary (due to damage), I'd even consider skipping it, and then do a good trim come the NY.

egcmi
May 8th, 2018, 04:32 PM
I'm in too! I'm setting a reminder on my phone to do a last trim before the 1st of July, since I tend to overdo it when maintaining my layers. I can't wait to see how much hair we can grow! :D

egcmi
May 8th, 2018, 04:35 PM
Sorry, I meant that I tend to get the urge of fixing my layers quite frequently

Hasse
May 16th, 2018, 02:30 AM
Count me in! My hair is too damaged to go a whole year without trimming, I'm afraid the damage would eat up the growth and I can't S&D yet. So 6 months without trimming sounds perfect! I can always decide to resort to microtrimming after that, but on the other hand I'm curious to see how much it can grow without being interrupted every month :)

TreesOfEternity
May 16th, 2018, 06:01 AM
I'm in as well! I'll be mantaining my bangs which I've had for years now

momof3mary
May 16th, 2018, 06:16 AM
I'm in too!! Currently rocking a mullet, top layers are halfway down my ears, mullet a few inches longer. Just going to bear with it and let it grow.

lapushka
May 16th, 2018, 08:31 AM
I'm in as well! I'll be mantaining my bangs which I've had for years now

Maintaining bangs = OK. Cutting them in fresh is a no-no, then you could not be in this challenge, but if it's just maintenance, it's fine. Same with undercuts and side-shaves, they can be maintained in this challenge as well not to be out of this. As long as you don't "mess" with an existing hemline, if that makes sense. :) :flower:

lapushka
May 16th, 2018, 08:32 AM
Count me in! My hair is too damaged to go a whole year without trimming, I'm afraid the damage would eat up the growth and I can't S&D yet. So 6 months without trimming sounds perfect! I can always decide to resort to microtrimming after that, but on the other hand I'm curious to see how much it can grow without being interrupted every month :)

I'm in too! I'm setting a reminder on my phone to do a last trim before the 1st of July, since I tend to overdo it when maintaining my layers. I can't wait to see how much hair we can grow! :D

I'm in too!! Currently rocking a mullet, top layers are halfway down my ears, mullet a few inches longer. Just going to bear with it and let it grow.

Welcome everyone!

Zesty
May 16th, 2018, 08:59 AM
I'm a little scared to join because I don't want to flake out again, but following my professional trim in January I'm much happier with my hermine and would like to hold out until January 2019. I finally calculated my growth rate and it still seems to be dead average despite my perception that I've been in a stall, so if that keeps up then I should very easily surpass classic length by the end of the year with no trims.

I've also amped up my S&D routine over the past few weeks and now rarely find much damage during a session, so that should help. Plus I don't think my ends have ever felt so moisturized and tangle free as they do now that I've been using amla oil from the Indian grocery. I think I can hold out.

Gwyned
May 16th, 2018, 12:42 PM
I’m interested in giving this a go. I have a tendency to chop my hair. I, admittedly, am a bit scissor-happy. This would be a great challenge and the perfect fuel to push myself to make healthy changes to my hair care practice. 😊

lapushka
May 16th, 2018, 12:48 PM
I'm a little scared to join because I don't want to flake out again, but following my professional trim in January I'm much happier with my hermine and would like to hold out until January 2019. I finally calculated my growth rate and it still seems to be dead average despite my perception that I've been in a stall, so if that keeps up then I should very easily surpass classic length by the end of the year with no trims.

I've also amped up my S&D routine over the past few weeks and now rarely find much damage during a session, so that should help. Plus I don't think my ends have ever felt so moisturized and tangle free as they do now that I've been using amla oil from the Indian grocery. I think I can hold out.

Your ends look *nice*!

And oh... listen :) no-one is going to look at you funny for subbing here and "flaking out". You do you. If you only last 2 months, at least it's 2 months, right?

I’m interested in giving this a go. I have a tendency to chop my hair. I, admittedly, am a bit scissor-happy. This would be a great challenge and the perfect fuel to push myself to make healthy changes to my hair care practice. ��

Yay! I used to be scissor happy too, now I don't even want to look at the scissors or think of them. I'm in a good place right now!

Zesty
May 16th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Your ends look *nice*!

And oh... listen :) no-one is going to look at you funny for subbing here and "flaking out". You do you. If you only last 2 months, at least it's 2 months, right?
Thank you for the compliment and the reassurance. The lure of classic is getting closer and closer, so I hope that will carry me through the challenge! :o

lapushka
May 16th, 2018, 02:18 PM
Thank you for the compliment and the reassurance. The lure of classic is getting closer and closer, so I hope that will carry me through the challenge! :o

That's a good goal to strive towards. I'm on my way there too. :cheer: Let's do it! ;)

Cybercat
May 16th, 2018, 02:24 PM
Oh I am late but in. Last trim was mid year last year. This will help as I want to grow out my bangs and sides. Picture on left was taken early this week.

Guitargod
May 16th, 2018, 02:38 PM
That's a good goal to strive towards. I'm on my way there too. :cheer: Let's do it! ;)
I've decided to go for it, but I'm also set on a small trim just before the challenge starts.
Looks like we're already a few trying to reach classic this year :) It's gonna be fun.

lapushka
May 16th, 2018, 02:53 PM
Oh I am late but in. Last trim was mid year last year. This will help as I want to grow out my bangs and sides. Picture on left was taken early this week.

That's quite long already! Have fun and hang on growing everything out. It can be challenging!

I've decided to go for it, but I'm also set on a small trim just before the challenge starts.
Looks like we're already a few trying to reach classic this year :) It's gonna be fun.

Yes. It's fun, isn't it. :D

Milady_DeWinter
May 17th, 2018, 03:15 AM
Looking forward to trim and left my hair alone for another 6 months :) I won't reach new goals, esp with the July trim, but I'll grow past hip with a better hemline - good enough! :D

egcmi
May 17th, 2018, 03:56 PM
i was thinking today that i could do some experiments during the challenge to make things more interesting. since i will not be cutting my hair i could try some hair-growth methods and measure the results. i am still not sure how i'm gonna do it but i want to do a month off to see my normal growth, then a few months trying one of the methods, then a month off, then another method for a few months. i want to take pictures before, after and in-between after each month, also measurements of both length and thickness. i want to take this scientifically so i'll be only trying one method at a time and taking measurements and then stopping for a while, etc... this will take a long time but it's the only way to see what works for me and what not, so that it can also be of reference to others. i think i will write blog posts about it. i want to try the inversion method, the caffeine rinses and daily scalp massages. i will update you when things are clearer for me as well.

Suze
May 17th, 2018, 04:03 PM
I'm joining. I was going to microtrim after the first half of the challenge but I decided to just do a bigger trim on july 1st and then join here. Don't really have a goal length, I just want it longer.:lol:

Milady_DeWinter
May 17th, 2018, 04:05 PM
I'm joining. I was going to microtrim after the first half of the challenge but I decided to just do a bigger trim on july 1st and then join here. Don't really have a goal length, I just want it longer.:lol:

I KNEW you had LHCtitis too!!! 8) Welcome aboard Suze!

Suze
May 17th, 2018, 04:10 PM
I KNEW you had LHCtitis too!!! 8) Welcome aboard Suze!

Thank you! Yes, I have it bad.:lol: I kind of like the whole no-trimming thing too. It's great not to stress about trimming and just let it grow. (Also: in your face hairdressers who always told me my hair couldn't grow to this length :p)

lapushka
May 17th, 2018, 04:12 PM
Welcome, Suze! I have seen your most recent picture, and think if you do decide to trim (which I don't think is even necessary at this point!) make it 1 inch at the most, or a couple of cm. No need for a bigger chop at all!

Milady_DeWinter
May 17th, 2018, 04:45 PM
Welcome, Suze! I have seen your most recent picture, and think if you do decide to trim (which I don't think is even necessary at this point!) make it 1 inch at the most, or a couple of cm. No need for a bigger chop at all!

I strongly agree Suze :agree: 1 inch would be MORE than enough! I plan to trim about the same too, so I'll stay at hip or at 0,5cm of hip the most :p

Lumienkeli
May 18th, 2018, 12:11 AM
i was thinking today that i could do some experiments during the challenge to make things more interesting. since i will not be cutting my hair i could try some hair-growth methods and measure the results. i am still not sure how i'm gonna do it but i want to do a month off to see my normal growth, then a few months trying one of the methods, then a month off, then another method for a few months. i want to take pictures before, after and in-between after each month, also measurements of both length and thickness. i want to take this scientifically so i'll be only trying one method at a time and taking measurements and then stopping for a while, etc... this will take a long time but it's the only way to see what works for me and what not, so that it can also be of reference to others. i think i will write blog posts about it. i want to try the inversion method, the caffeine rinses and daily scalp massages. i will update you when things are clearer for me as well.

I am going to try daily scalp massages and inversions (i am practicing yoga anyway) for 3-6 months. I read some scientific sudy about that theese methods works if you practice it enough long, which is minimum 3 months.
I don't think my hair could growing faster but I hope with the increased blood flow I can regaine more thickness I lost at my postpartum shed. I already recovered some with bengin neglect, perharp yoga helped too. I don't know.

Suze
May 18th, 2018, 12:20 PM
Thank you and thanks for the advice. I was thinking about something like that 1 inch/ 3cm max. But I have some more weeks to decide. I want to make up my mind before I cut it though because I'm scared I'll take off way to much otherwise.

I strongly agree Suze :agree: 1 inch would be MORE than enough! I plan to trim about the same too, so I'll stay at hip or at 0,5cm of hip the most :p
Thank you, and yes good plan. Don't cut to much of your pretty hair. Because my hair is so straight it will be really obvious when I don't make a straight cut. So maybe I should just stick with my U-hem for now.

Stray_mind
May 19th, 2018, 12:28 AM
Hmmm. Now i am not sure if i'll be able to participate, since i'm not sure i can get an appointment with my stylist on July 1st exactly... oh well, if i don't make it, i will have to just have my personal challenge of not trimming for the rest of the year..

Guitargod
May 19th, 2018, 07:56 AM
Are you also in the first half challenge? If not then you can just trim before July 1st. You don't have to trim either if you don't want to :)

Stray_mind
May 19th, 2018, 07:58 AM
Are you also in the first half challenge? If not then you can just trim before July 1st.

I am, sadly, hahaha :D
Well, i'll see what i can do... One day for trimming is a bit of a tight schedule.

Guitargod
May 19th, 2018, 08:03 AM
I think you can also trim on June 30, then you have 2 days :)

Stray_mind
May 19th, 2018, 08:05 AM
I think you can also trim on June 30, then you have 2 days :)

Oh, you're right :) Good then!

lapushka
May 19th, 2018, 08:34 AM
I am, sadly, hahaha :D
Well, i'll see what i can do... One day for trimming is a bit of a tight schedule.

I know, but there has to be a "challenge" in there somewhere. ;) And BTW, Guitargod is right, the 30th is fine too. Just those 2 days; otherwise it's gonna be a mess.

I allow trimming for the big challenge on 31st Dec. and Jan 1st, so it's the same, last day & first day.

Stray_mind
May 19th, 2018, 08:36 AM
I know, but there has to be a "challenge" in there somewhere. ;)

Well, it's not really much of a challenge for self trimmers. :D
I guess i'll just drop out if i can't get an appointment on the 1st.

Suze
May 19th, 2018, 11:11 AM
And to make things more challenging: july 1st is a sunday.;) If you really want to do the second half and can't get a trim june 30th you could always drop out of the first half challenge a few days early, altough that probably wouldn't be much fun for you. But in the end we're all here to support each other and gain more length right? (Please don't hate me for suggesting this:o)

Also, do you really need a trim?:p

Lumienkeli
May 19th, 2018, 11:44 AM

What about self trimming? If you just want to even your hemline you can do it yourself. Or with a help of a friend.

Beckstar
May 19th, 2018, 12:42 PM
I'm fighting the urge for a bob.

lapushka
May 19th, 2018, 02:16 PM

Give it a couple weeks; think about it? :flower:

Stray_mind
May 19th, 2018, 02:21 PM
And to make things more challenging: july 1st is a sunday.;) If you really want to do the second half and can't get a trim june 30th you could always drop out of the first half challenge a few days early, altough that probably wouldn't be much fun for you. But in the end we're all here to support each other and gain more length right? (Please don't hate me for suggesting this:o)

Also, do you really need a trim?:p
I will think about it :)
I do need a trim, as my ends are starting to look very thin and "choppy" with the layers. I need it to thicken up my hemline a bit before i go towards APL.

What about self trimming? If you just want to even your hemline you can do it yourself. Or with a help of a friend.

My hair is a bit too short to self trim and neither me nor my friends have good quality hair trimming scissors.

Thanks for the suggestions though! You're so lovely :crush:

AshtangiPNW
May 20th, 2018, 10:35 PM

Haha! Probably worth mulling it over for at least a couple of weeks! Have you had a bob before? Did you like it? In retrospect, my own bob was not very flattering :) :)

AshtangiPNW
May 20th, 2018, 10:45 PM
I’m joining the no-trim second half 2018 :) :) It’s actually quite exciting because I’ve never tried to grow my hair before. I always imagined that it would be too fine and thin to grow long. I have type ii hair, and the hairdressers always managed to convince me to trim an inch off every 6-8 weeks! I’m surprised that it ever grew at all :) I’ve also given up highlighting as of March. My boyfriend has happily agreed to S&D for me :)

Jas
May 21st, 2018, 01:16 AM
Yay! You can do it :D

I'm looking forward to being back in one of these threads again, definitely no more trimming for me for a while.

Zesty
May 21st, 2018, 09:05 AM
Now that I've joined this challenge, I'm really debating getting a small trim in mid June. I'm pretty happy with my ends, but will that last until January? :hmm: At this length my ends are thinner, and I have the urge to trim more frequently for that reason. (At shorter lengths I could happily go 1.5-2 years without a trim!) So I'm wondering if I should freshen up my hemline before embarking.

Just posting my musings here since my family/friends don't care too much. :p

lapushka
May 21st, 2018, 09:31 AM
Now that I've joined this challenge, I'm really debating getting a small trim in mid June. I'm pretty happy with my ends, but will that last until January? :hmm: At this length my ends are thinner, and I have the urge to trim more frequently for that reason. (At shorter lengths I could happily go 1.5-2 years without a trim!) So I'm wondering if I should freshen up my hemline before embarking.

Zesty, your ends look perfect. It would be a shame to lose the length, after all you're going for classic! :) And if it thins out, then wait and see if it does do that, and trim afterwards, not because it "might" do that. That's never good!

Zesty
May 21st, 2018, 09:35 AM
Zesty, your ends look perfect. It would be a shame to lose the length, after all you're going for classic! :) And if it thins out, then wait and see if it does do that, and trim afterwards, not because it "might" do that. That's never good!

Good points as always! If I get antsy that would also be a good excuse to wear my hair up all the time. Not that I don't most of the time already. :p Thanks for talking me down.

Luna Starsetta
May 21st, 2018, 10:11 AM
Sigh, I'm really awaiting this to start last trim I had was January 31st and I sadly didn't know that the no trim challenge or the LHC forum even ecsisted then. I haven't trimmed since then I am excited for this to start and to see if I can go to a year without trims. I'm also gonna start measuring monthly to see what my growth is per month.

Beckstar
May 21st, 2018, 01:01 PM
Give it a couple weeks; think about it? :flower:

Haha! Probably worth mulling it over for at least a couple of weeks! Have you had a bob before? Did you like it? In retrospect, my own bob was not very flattering :) :)

Yes. A bob looks really good on me... But I'm giving the 6 month rule, I guess. My hair is just starting to brush my shoulder now.

AshtangiPNW
May 21st, 2018, 02:20 PM

I think that your hair looks phenomenal Zesty! :) :) It might not feel like a long time to wait for a trim, especially if your ends are in good condition. I’d say, go for the no-trim 2018.....then trim in January? Do you wear your hair in updos often?

Zesty
May 21st, 2018, 02:30 PM
I think that your hair looks phenomenal Zesty! :) :) It might not feel like a long time to wait for a trim, especially if your ends are in good condition. I’d say, go for the no-trim 2018.....then trim in January? Do you wear your hair in updos often?

Aw, thank you! My ends are looking pretty good. Plan A was to trim in January, yes, so I'll probably go with that. :) I wear my hair in updos most days. I only wear it completely down every week or two and in a "down" braid probably less than that. So really there's no reason to trim, I'm just being a bit neurotic. :p

Astrid Carlisle
May 22nd, 2018, 02:02 AM
I have a question, ladies trimming their own hair.. I was planning on doing a small trim (0.5 cm or so) tonight. Last time my hair was cut was in July 2017. But now im wondering.. my ends are fine, the split ends and white dots are higher on the hair, so the trim won't even touch them.. Will cutting this little make any actual difference? Because I was so excited to trim it myself for the first time, but now I'm getting a little scared of messing it up. I had a straight across trim on my slightly wavy hair, which has now become not so straight blunt. Maybe doing such a small trim won't even make any noticeable difference to making it blunter, and wont even affect any split ends.. is there any point in micro trimming then? I'm very perplexed now.. :/ Or does micro trimming help with growing out the length any way?

Lumienkeli
May 22nd, 2018, 02:41 AM
I have a question, ladies trimming their own hair.. I was planning on doing a small trim (0.5 cm or so) tonight. Last time my hair was cut was in July 2017. But now im wondering.. my ends are fine, the split ends and white dots are higher on the hair, so the trim won't even touch them.. Will cutting this little make any actual difference? Because I was so excited to trim it myself for the first time, but now I'm getting a little scared of messing it up. I had a straight across trim on my slightly wavy hair, which has now become not so straight blunt. Maybe doing such a small trim won't even make any noticeable difference to making it blunter, and wont even affect any split ends.. is there any point in micro trimming then? I'm very perplexed now.. :/ Or does micro trimming help with growing out the length any way?

My housband's hair never wanted to grow longer than APL-MBL range. His ends were so thin, dry and full of splits due to mechanical damage. I trimmed around 2" in december and started to monthly microtrim 0.5 cm after. Now, his ends looks good and looks he have a blunt hemline on his curly hair. Of course he have tons of split ends higher what i occassionally s&d for him. After almost half a year I can say the difference is visible. He is happy because he haven't lost length.

I absolutle felt stupid when I first trimmed 0.5 cm from his ends. It was not more than 200 strands, but yes, it is visible. Not after the first time, but after the 2nd it started to be visible.

I was plan to trim 0.5-1 cm in the end of June to even up my hemline, but I am thinking more and more to skip it to see how much I can grow in a year. If i will se splits i am going to search and destroy them on my hair. I don't want to loose length.

SapphiraSilver
May 30th, 2018, 07:29 AM
I am in! My goal for years was to get to waist length. I have almost gotten there in the past, but always ended up cutting it, either due to damage (Bleach) or because I wanted a change, or layers etc. Now that I have about an inch or so to go to get to APL (at the back), I want to do my best not to trim in any way at all for the rest of the year, if I can do that, and if the damage isn't too bad, Ill then try for another half a year.

daisy rei
May 30th, 2018, 07:18 PM
alright, found the right thread. i'm in! :scissors:

lapushka
May 31st, 2018, 06:44 AM
alright, found the right thread. i'm in! :scissors:

Welcome! :D :cheer:

Elizabeth E
May 31st, 2018, 06:56 AM
Here I am!
My last microtrim was around the start of May, and I'm planning to leave it to grow for a while. Only do S&D when necessary.
Good luck, everyone! :blossom:

nitagurl
May 31st, 2018, 09:00 AM
I feel like I've been commenting on everything today! But this challenge is exactly what i need. I've been so torn on whether or not to trim since we're now at the half-way mark for the year. I've been doing really good, having already gone a year without so much as S&D'ing. But the urge to grab some scissors has been so strong it's unreal. This thread is going to be my lifeline.

Zesty
May 31st, 2018, 09:05 AM
Got tempted to trim beforehand but am staying strong and ready for July! I need to wear my hair down soon though, when it's always kinked from buns and braids my hemline looks so funny and I get the urge to :scissors: But realistically a trim won't help with that. Practicing resistance before the challenge even starts. :meditate:

Ready to go! :cheer:

TreesOfEternity
May 31st, 2018, 10:15 AM
Got tempted to trim beforehand but am staying strong and ready for July! I need to wear my hair down soon though, when it's always kinked from buns and braids my hemline looks so funny and I get the urge to :scissors: But realistically a trim won't help with that. Practicing resistance before the challenge even starts. :meditate:

Ready to go! :cheer:

I’m on the same boat as you right now, hiding my ends in buns so I can’t see how see through they are, because honestly they don’t need to be trimmed, a little thin that’s all. Benign neglect all the way and luckily no trims until January 2010! We can do it :)

Luna Starsetta
May 31st, 2018, 01:17 PM
And today is the last day! Onward and upward to the challenge of no trim! Stay away from the scissors everyone!

Guitargod
May 31st, 2018, 01:27 PM
And today is the last day! Onward and upward to the challenge of no trim! Stay away from the scissors everyone!

That would be June 30 though?

cailinbee
May 31st, 2018, 08:27 PM
Joining! I tried to do no-trim challenges in 2016 when I was still growing out bleach and failed each one...ultimately no regrets getting the bleach out of my hair between 2016-2017.

I went for nine months between [professional] trims just for general length-appropriate shaping once I grew out the damage. I've lost all compulsion to self-trim so I'm pretty sure I can make this challenge work!

Beckstar
May 31st, 2018, 09:19 PM
Well, I trimmed my side-shave and bangs. That satisfied my desire for a change. :)

TreesOfEternity
June 1st, 2018, 01:35 AM
That would be June 30 though?

Yes I was wondering the same thing. Not that I was planning to trim before the challenge or anything but still

Suze
June 1st, 2018, 04:24 AM
Yes, june 30th or july 1st we can still trim.

lapushka
June 1st, 2018, 05:21 AM
Joining! I tried to do no-trim challenges in 2016 when I was still growing out bleach and failed each one...ultimately no regrets getting the bleach out of my hair between 2016-2017.

I went for nine months between [professional] trims just for general length-appropriate shaping once I grew out the damage. I've lost all compulsion to self-trim so I'm pretty sure I can make this challenge work!

Welcome aboard! :)

Well, I trimmed my side-shave and bangs. That satisfied my desire for a change. :)

Nice and clean. :thumbsup: ;)

Yes, june 30th or july 1st we can still trim.

Yep, totally accurate! I allocate the day prior and the day itself for trimming, so everyone can possibly find a hole in their schedule (do it in the evenings perhaps).

TreesOfEternity
June 1st, 2018, 05:34 AM
Anyone else planning on growing out bangs during this challenge? :) I finally made up my mind!

Luna Starsetta
June 1st, 2018, 10:28 PM
So I just measured hairline to tip! June 1st 2018 I'm at 32" unstreached. Excited to see where I'll be a month from now really wanting to see the numbers though each month to see my growth! I feel like I'm at a sand still so I need thoes numbers to give me some small reward. Plus I'll be implementing a liquid Biotin supplement this month going to see if it helps! On to classic 40" this is going to be a long journey but one well worth it!

daisy rei
June 1st, 2018, 10:37 PM
Anyone else planning on growing out bangs during this challenge? :) I finally made up my mind!

aw, your bangs are so adorable though. i'll always be a fan of the straight across bangs, but i know what a pain they are to grow out. good luck!

TreesOfEternity
June 2nd, 2018, 12:30 AM
aw, your bangs are so adorable though. i'll always be a fan of the straight across bangs, but i know what a pain they are to grow out. good luck!

Thank you! :) I really like bangs but I don’t know if they really suit long hair... at least people don’t think so. And if I have to grow them better now than later when the length difference is bigger.
Also having oily hair and skin doesn’t help, I have to use dry shampoo everyday and they don’t look that good anymore then.

daisy rei
June 2nd, 2018, 12:08 PM
Thank you! :) I really like bangs but I don’t know if they really suit long hair... at least people don’t think so. And if I have to grow them better now than later when the length difference is bigger.
Also having oily hair and skin doesn’t help, I have to use dry shampoo everyday and they don’t look that good anymore then.

i always think of anime hair or japanese girl hair. i'm not sure if the style is still trendy there, but i'll always associate straight bangs with it and therefore love it!

https://i.gyazo.com/9162f824f7195c05d129f5143dabf1e3.png

probably the only thing preventing me from chopping bangs myself is just remembering how bad my forehead acne was when i had them. and growing them out really did look ridiculous. there's just a weird period where they're literally impossible to style.

TreesOfEternity
June 2nd, 2018, 12:19 PM
i always think of anime hair or japanese girl hair. i'm not sure if the style is still trendy there, but i'll always associate straight bangs with it and therefore love it!

[IMG]

probably the only thing preventing me from chopping bangs myself is just remembering how bad my forehead acne was when i had them. and growing them out really did look ridiculous. there's just a weird period where they're literally impossible to style.

Quite the opposite of trendy here but I’m alternative/just a weirdo so I don’t really mind haha, they look lovely to me :heart:
Now that you say that, I just realized I’ve only grown out my bangs once in my life when I was 12, then got them again and have had them until now. Omg I’ll end up cutting them back before they even reach chin length hahaha, bangs and 5’1’’, forever looking like a teenager

daisy rei
June 2nd, 2018, 12:33 PM
Quite the opposite of trendy here but I’m alternative/just a weirdo so I don’t really mind haha, they look lovely to me :heart:
Now that you say that, I just realized I’ve only grown out my bangs once in my life when I was 12, then got them again and have had them until now. Omg I’ll end up cutting them back before they even reach chin length hahaha, bangs and 5’1’’, forever looking like a teenager

you could always just try slicking them back if they're unmanageable!

TreesOfEternity
June 2nd, 2018, 01:44 PM
Yes, headbands will come in handy.

lapushka
June 2nd, 2018, 03:57 PM
Yes, headbands will come in handy.

I know the feeling of having bangs and oily hair, it's a pain in the behind. LOL! You are constantly washing & styling them. All one length is *so* much easier. Just keep focusing on that! I think it will look very pretty! :)

TreesOfEternity
June 2nd, 2018, 04:28 PM
I know the feeling of having bangs and oily hair, it's a pain in the behind. LOL! You are constantly washing & styling them. All one length is *so* much easier. Just keep focusing on that! I think it will look very pretty! :)

Yes! and when you start sweating... not fun at all lol. Also I could use some extra thickness in my hair even if it’s just 0.5 inches.
Thanks lapushka! your encouragement means a lot :flower:

lapushka
June 2nd, 2018, 04:40 PM
Yes! and when you start sweating... not fun at all lol. Also I could use some extra thickness in my hair even if it’s just 0.5 inches.
Thanks lapushka! your encouragement means a lot :flower:

You're welcome. :)

Harini
June 3rd, 2018, 09:31 PM
Since I haven't trimmed this year anyway, I'll sign up for the second half (last cut was January 7th, doh)!! :)
Signed up for 2019 already too, haha. I've enjoyed the last 3 years of short hair, but I've been missing my long hair.

fairy_hair
June 3rd, 2018, 10:43 PM
I am joining this thread! My hair got to nearly knee-length... and it looked good... but I cut it to shoulder length earlier this year because I really wanted to wear my hair down comfortably. Half of me does not regret my decision, because it was VERY fun and swishy - but I cannot help but feel that my longer hair was more 'me'. I may not grow it all the way to my thighs again, as I did find it annoyingly in the way all the time - but hip or tailbone length sounds good to me!

SapphiraSilver
June 10th, 2018, 09:56 AM
Today, I trimmed my mum's hair for her, and when I saw how lovely and straight the ends looked, you know that nice feel you get after a trim, and how the ends feel thicker and healthier, I was so tempted to cut mine! But I resisted because I remembered this thread and challenge. Just thought I would share. It helped to be here :)

lapushka
June 10th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Welcome you guys!

That's great SapphiraSilver! :)

Stray_mind
June 10th, 2018, 10:21 AM
Oh what the heck. I don't have to trim to fix my hemline anymore, so i'll be joining. I'll trim in January, maybe.
I hope i get as close to APL as possible.

daisy rei
June 10th, 2018, 10:34 AM
My goal is to wait until January of 2020 to trim my hair again! :o I even threw my trimming shears away so I wouldn't be tempted.

lapushka
June 10th, 2018, 11:27 AM
My goal is to wait until January of 2020 to trim my hair again! :o I even threw my trimming shears away so I wouldn't be tempted.

My scissors are in a drawer in my cabinet in the bathroom. Always in the same place, easy (;)) to find. But I'm just not tempted. It is a chore to trim each time, so I'm glad I don't have to. I will most likely have a small trim between 2018 & 19, but that's it.

daisy rei
June 10th, 2018, 11:30 AM
I realize now I'm eventually going to need scissors for S&D but they were getting old and dull anyway. I'm also still slightly miffed at myself for choosing to chop four inches off with them recently. :p Good riddance!

Eastbound&Down
June 10th, 2018, 01:14 PM
My hair has been in pretty good shape, but I have been encountering an issue with tangles in the morning. It's so thick that I have to separate it into 4 sections to slowly finger comb them out. I'm debating going to get some detangling spray that they have for kids to help me loosen them up a little. Despite this, the ends are looking pretty good and I have no need to worry about needing a trim.

Cybercat
June 11th, 2018, 09:55 AM
I actually have done no triming yet at all. But have notice that since putting hair up it's growing slow but steady.

Milady_DeWinter
June 11th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Oh what the heck. I don't have to trim to fix my hemline anymore, so i'll be joining. I'll trim in January, maybe.

Stray_Mind IS IN DA HOUSE! :bounce:

Looking forward to trim a bit my ends, still dunno how much I should trim. I've got a mini Lapushka in my shoulder whispering "less! LESS!" every time I think about chopping more than 1". So I'll trim that amount as a max. My trim day between challenges will be on June 30th, the same day me and my bf will go on travel to pass the summer in the north of Spain. I'll wake up early not to do it on a rush :p

Milady_DeWinter
June 11th, 2018, 10:09 AM

Looking forward to trim a bit my ends, still dunno how much I should trim. I've got a mini Lapushka in my shoulder whispering "less! LESS!" every time I think about chopping more than 1". So I'll trim that max. My trim day between challenges will be on June 30th, the same day me and my bf will go on travel to pass the summer in the north of Spain. I'll wake up early not to do it in a rush :p If I see that I couldn't do it with ease, I'll trim the next day.

Stray_mind
June 11th, 2018, 10:30 AM

Looking forward to trim a bit my ends, still dunno how much I should trim. I've got a mini Lapushka in my shoulder whispering "less! LESS!" every time I think about chopping more than 1". So I'll trim that amount as a max. My trim day between challenges will be on June 30th, the same day me and my bf will go on travel to pass the summer in the north of Spain. I'll wake up early not to do it on a rush :p

Sounds like a good plan, ahh, so nice that you can travel. I really want to, but am tied to my work place now. Maybe i'll take a vacation in autumn and go somewhere.
I checked my earlier monthly length photo project pics (from 2014) and saw that my hair grew from shoulder to APL in one year with a couple of trims in between.. *sigh* i guess i'll have to be patient. APL was the length i could start putting my hair in buns like LWB with a couple of fingers..

Milady_DeWinter
June 11th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Sounds like a good plan, ahh, so nice that you can travel. I really want to, but am tied to my work place now. Maybe i'll take a vacation in autumn and go somewhere.
I checked my earlier monthly length photo project pics (from 2014) and saw that my hair grew from shoulder to APL in one year with a couple of trims in between.. *sigh* i guess i'll have to be patient. APL was the length i could start putting my hair in buns like LWB with a couple of fingers..

Meanwhile, you might make buns in half ups, or double buns... Just an idea :) I love autumn trips! I think those are my favs :) And yep, it's nice that we can travel as Madrid gets one hell of a city during summer, and in the North my bf's parents got a giant house in the countryside, with a swimming pool and just at 20 minutes by car to the beach. It's also a bit cooler than the city, and more humid. We'll be working/studying anyway, I've got a nice place to study/work and my bf have another place too. But of course doing it there is better, and we'll also do it more relaxed than here. Then I guess I'll be trapped in the city (tiny apartment) until next summer or even the next autumn if i'm passing the serie of exams I've got to take. So I've got to make the most out of those 2 months :p

I guess i won't miss much the little lenght I'll lose in this trim, as I'll probably be with my hair up 90% of the time! Last year was my first summer as a LHCer so I still had some bad habits that now are gone. I mean, NO MORE SWIMMING IN THE SEA WITH LOOSE HAIR shudder: :lol:

Luna Starsetta
June 11th, 2018, 10:50 AM
Hey, questions? What is S&D? Would I benifit from it? What does it do to the hair in the long run? Does it affect the hemline? Is dusting better? Which is better to maintain length and hemline? How can you tell if the hair is split? I have some splits I think I'm seeing and I'm getting worried going into this challenge. I have not taken scissors by my hand to my own hair before. Id really like to keep my deep U hemline. Can you link me to a thread like this or answer here if you S&D.

Stray_mind
June 11th, 2018, 11:05 AM
Hey, questions? What is S&D? Would I benifit from it? What does it do to the hair in the long run? Does it affect the hemline? Is dusting better? Which is better to maintain length and hemline? How can you tell if the hair is split? I have some splits I think I'm seeing and I'm getting worried going into this challenge. I have not taken scissors by my hand to my own hair before. Id really like to keep my deep U hemline. Can you link me to a thread like this or answer here if you S&D.

Hey, S&D is basically finding your split ends and cutting them off. The benefit is that it doesn't get damaged further. Dusting takes off the ends of All of your hairs, while S&D just takes off the split ones. You won't lose the length, unless every single hair of yours is split. A split end is a single hair end split in two or more parts. It can look like a branch some times. Sometimes you will find a white dot at the end of your hair, which means it is about to split.

I personally don't S&D since i think it would make me too obsessed with my hair and too stressed out and i live by the philosophy of Benign neglect. :)

Milady_DeWinter
June 11th, 2018, 11:07 AM
What is S&D? Search and Destroy. You look for split ends and cut them about 1/4" inch above the damage. You don't trim along the hemline, ONLY the hairs that you know for sure that are already damaged.

Would I benifit from it? What does it do to the hair in the long run? Yep, esp if you've got damaged hair from heat or dyes. It prevent the split ends to run up in the hair, as they like to do. So, it makes a trim less necessary.

Does it affect the hemline? Is dusting better? Which is better to maintain length and hemline? As said, you only trim the damaged hair. So, if you only have a bit of split ends your hemline won't be affected. It won't maintain the shape either, as you know that some hairs grows faster than others. Dunno what's better; for the hemline, dusting probably, to keep its shape. In the challenge, dusting isn't permitted, but S&D yep. It helped me a lot to battle the damage while growing long again; i had quite damaged ends from dyes and heat.

How can you tell if the hair is split? When it is obviously split in 2 or more parts :p Believe me, if you have damaged hair it's so easy to see. If you are even doubting, you shouldn't worry at all.

It is so important to have quite good hair scissors for S&D, trimming or dusting :) I dunno about a thread about it, but here's my hair after just doing S&d for almost 6 months; not bad at all, even having s&d sessions at least twice a month to battle damage... I'm also growing out layers, so on a U hemline it'll look better. Both pics were taken the same day:

https://i.imgur.com/unfh3gi.jpg

And my hair 6 months ago, by january:

https://i.imgur.com/4VpYL2bl.jpg

I think we have similar waves, so you can get an idea.

Luna Starsetta
June 11th, 2018, 11:34 AM
Thank you both so much! last question I guess is how often to? I did highlight my hair in the past so the dye is still there.

Stray_mind
June 11th, 2018, 11:37 AM
Thank you both so much! last question I guess is how often to? I did highlight my hair in the past so the dye is still there.

I think it's entirely up to you how often you want to S&D.. Some people snip off a split as soon as they see one, the others wait until there are more of them around :)

Milady_DeWinter
June 11th, 2018, 11:37 AM
You're very welcome :flower: It depends on you, your damage... I'd say once a month would be ok; I've got quite damaged hair (but way better than 1 year ago!) and I'm spacing my s&d as much as I can not to get too obsessed. The best way is to set 1 day for it, and forget about it until the next time :)

Luna Starsetta
June 11th, 2018, 12:19 PM
Thanks again, I'm gonna start to look into methods now I think I'll S&D during this challenge and get a professional dusting once a year

kinnyuu
June 11th, 2018, 12:58 PM
I’m joining in! I just got a trim back to bcl and I’m getting married in September. Hoping for some good growth!

AshtangiPNW
June 11th, 2018, 12:58 PM
You're very welcome :flower: It depends on you, your damage... I'd say once a month would be ok; I've got quite damaged hair (but way better than 1 year ago!) and I'm spacing my s&d as much as I can not to get too obsessed. The best way is to set 1 day for it, and forget about it until the next time :)

Same here :) About once a month for me. Otherwise, there is a chance that I get overzealous and start snipping off non-splits that look bent!

SapphiraSilver
June 12th, 2018, 04:04 AM
I find that adding a little oil on the ends of dry hair, helps it look healthier and less split and damaged. It helps not to trim if they look great :)

Alissalocks
June 12th, 2018, 07:39 AM
Since taking 3" off last week, I think I'm ready to commit to another no-trim challenge until the end of the year. I was micro trimming for about a year, and the latest chop took off a lot of old layers I'm getting rid of.

Between braiding all summer (3 month challenge) and no trims, I'm hoping to see some serious new growth this season (and next). :cheer:

Milady_DeWinter
June 12th, 2018, 10:13 AM
I find that adding a little oil on the ends of dry hair, helps it look healthier and less split and damaged. It helps not to trim if they look great :)

Yep! To me, avocado oil is the best, as it's light and my hair just drinks its, but it depends a lot on the person :)

Since taking 3" off last week, I think I'm ready to commit to another no-trim challenge until the end of the year. I was micro trimming for about a year, and the latest chop took off a lot of old layers I'm getting rid of.

Between braiding all summer (3 month challenge) and no trims, I'm hoping to see some serious new growth this season (and next). :cheer:

Yay, welcome Alissa! I've got to tell you that your hair looks much nicer in your recent pics, and looks so long, I love it!

Alissalocks
June 12th, 2018, 12:53 PM
Yay, welcome Alissa! I've got to tell you that your hair looks much nicer in your recent pics, and looks so long, I love it!

Thank you for the welcome and the kind words!! Truthfully, my sig pic is before the cut so I'm leaving it there to help motivate me to hit the milestone all over again but more blunt at last (!) and less fairy tale. I hope by Christmas! I feel a lot less itchy to keep trimming now and ready to settle in to braided benign neglect.

Hasse
June 13th, 2018, 06:34 AM
Final dusting done, I'm ready for six months of growth! :disco:

My starting point:

https://s5.postimg.cc/z5avm0wlj/Whats_App_Image_2018-06-13_at_13.05.15.jpg (https://postimg.cc/image/62wlj7abn/)

CopperButterfly
June 15th, 2018, 05:00 PM
getting my hair trimmed tomorrow after 7 months of no trimming. Then I'm ready for this thread,

lapushka
June 15th, 2018, 05:03 PM
Welcome to all the newbies. Happy growing, everyone! :) Just a few weeks more and we can start this half!

Sparklylady82
June 16th, 2018, 02:06 AM
hi all! I’m back to LHC after a big chop to CBL and I’m wanting to grow out again. I’ve reached waist in the past and I have wavy hair. I’m planning on not trimming it at least till the end of the year that way I get maximum growth especially while it’s shorter and healthier. Wish me luck!

*Sparkly*

Beckstar
June 16th, 2018, 10:16 AM
Can we trim any date in June?

ravenskey
June 16th, 2018, 10:22 AM
Hi Sparklylady82!

For this challenge, you need to trim at the latest July 1st 2018.

Beckstar that's what lapushka has on the rules page so June seems good for trimming.

lapushka
June 16th, 2018, 04:18 PM
hi all! I’m back to LHC after a big chop to CBL and I’m wanting to grow out again. I’ve reached waist in the past and I have wavy hair. I’m planning on not trimming it at least till the end of the year that way I get maximum growth especially while it’s shorter and healthier. Wish me luck!

*Sparkly*

Welcome!

Can we trim any date in June?

Beckstar that's what lapushka has on the rules page so June seems good for trimming.

If you are doing the first half challenge, your best bet is to trim June 30th or July 1st. Either of these dates is fine.

If you are not doing the first half, you can trim all you want, up until July 1st.

TatsuOni
June 17th, 2018, 03:26 AM
I'm looking forward to trim on July 1:st and then I'll join this half :) Time sure flies! It feels as if the first half just started!

Jas
June 17th, 2018, 04:06 AM
Waiting for this to start - I'm not planning a trim at all but I'm really excited to start the last six months of the year. Who knows, I could even reach classic or close to since I'm close to TBL now :D

lapushka
June 17th, 2018, 04:30 AM
I'm looking forward to this, you guys! :D

Welcome to all who have joined!

Lanalavallama
June 17th, 2018, 04:51 AM
Joining.
Let's see how it goes.

TreesOfEternity
June 17th, 2018, 06:08 AM
I'm looking forward to this, you guys! :D

Welcome to all who have joined!

Yay me too! :) I was measuring my hair yesterday and thought maybe I could reach waist by the end of this challenge? How cool would that be!

LizzyGrant
June 17th, 2018, 08:14 AM
I'm in too! I did a big chop last month. My hair is now shoulder length and I have bangs so I'm going to maintain them. I like this length more than I was expecting but I still prefer long hair. I cut my hair shorter so I could get rid of old damage.

ravenskey
June 17th, 2018, 08:59 AM
Joining.
Let's see how it goes.

Yay me too! :) I was measuring my hair yesterday and thought maybe I could reach waist by the end of this challenge? How cool would that be!

I'm in too! I did a big chop last month. My hair is now shoulder length and I have bangs so I'm going to maintain them. I like this length more than I was expecting but I still prefer long hair. I cut my hair shorter so I could get rid of old damage.

Welcome everyone and happy growing!

I hope you reach WL TreesOfEternity, that would be awesome!

TreesOfEternity
June 17th, 2018, 09:33 AM
Welcome everyone and happy growing!

I hope you reach WL TreesOfEternity, that would be awesome!

Thank you! :flower: it really would, even if it doesn’t it’s a good motto anyway!

Luna Starsetta
June 18th, 2018, 09:09 AM
I'm excited for this to start I'm also going to measure the 1st of every month I have no clue how fast or slow my hair grows. I'm also doing the monthly hair photo challenge will be fun to see how it goes!

Lanalavallama
June 18th, 2018, 11:16 AM
ravenskey thank you for the welcome.
:blossom:

Beckstar
June 19th, 2018, 10:18 AM
No trimming. I'll cut short if I go for a trim. I'm craving a bob but looking at old pictures has made me rethink. Bobs look good and suit my face shape but curly hair + windy climate = not cute and a lot of product to maintain. Every picture my hair is a disaster. I'll try a faux bob with bobby pins.

Peppergirl
June 19th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Hi! I’m a newbie, today is my first day here, and I want in too! Growing out a pixie and this will get me going!

lapushka
June 19th, 2018, 12:27 PM
Hi! I’m a newbie, today is my first day here, and I want in too! Growing out a pixie and this will get me going!

Welcome to the forum, and also welcome to this thread/challenge! You'll be out pixie-stage in no-time with this half year of no trimming. It's not going to be easy (awkward stages), but we'll drag you through. ;)

Peppergirl
June 19th, 2018, 12:52 PM
Awesome, thanks so much! I am ready for hair again, bring on the awkward! Lol

Zazzles
June 19th, 2018, 05:34 PM
I’m on board with this. My last trim was in April. I’m currently at BSL and working towards waist/hip and getting the layers out of my hair. My original plan was for every 4 inches of growth I’d cut off one inch. My ends at nice and healthy and I care more about growing length then getting rid my my layers right now so let do this! It will keep me from cutting it if I get annoyed with it 😝

deeisme
June 20th, 2018, 06:47 AM
I'm in! My last trim was March 9th and then my hair stalled for two months. A discouraging time. No more trims until at least the new year, maybe longer now that I have some incentive. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. Length as of June 1st was 26", just about BSL. Now to grow grow grow ��

Peppergirl
June 20th, 2018, 07:01 AM
Can't wait to get these bangs long enough to tuck behind my ears! My hair is all squiggly around my face, and has no where to go yet, lol.

rosie112358
June 22nd, 2018, 10:47 AM
I'm joining too! I was just looking at some vacation photos from the last several years and realized my hair has been more or less the same length since 2014. (waist) I got it in my head to layer it several years ago (in long layers), immediately regretted it, and have been maintaining the same length since then to grow out the layers. They're not quite gone but I would like to add some significant length now anyway!

Question - I'm new to the forum - to join a group do you just say that you're joining? Or is there someplace to actually check a box or something, to officially join?

Luna Starsetta
June 22nd, 2018, 11:10 AM
Just say I'm in or I'm joining and then subscribe!

Luna Starsetta
June 22nd, 2018, 11:12 AM
Question! Does my hair look like I could do this challenge. I want to, but I don't wanna cause harm to my hair. Click to enlarge!
https://s19.postimg.cc/i32qbrhpr/20180620_163331.jpg (https://postimg.cc/image/i32qbrhpr/)

Hasse
June 22nd, 2018, 12:44 PM
Haha, "click to enlarge" sounds like some shady phishing link xD. But, I think your hair looks healthy enough! Although I don't know how your ends feel, since they seem to be dyed. You could do a microtrim to freshen them up and them join here?

rosie112358
June 22nd, 2018, 01:02 PM
Thank you!

rosie112358
June 22nd, 2018, 01:03 PM
Question! Does my hair look like I could do this challenge. I want to, but I don't wanna cause harm to my hair. Click to enlarge!
https://s19.postimg.cc/i32qbrhpr/20180620_163331.jpg (https://postimg.cc/image/i32qbrhpr/)

Your hair is gorgeous!

Luna Starsetta
June 22nd, 2018, 01:27 PM
They feel pretty nice its old dye from hi lighting back in 2016.

Luna Starsetta
June 22nd, 2018, 01:28 PM
Thank you!

lapushka
June 22nd, 2018, 03:28 PM
I'm joining too! I was just looking at some vacation photos from the last several years and realized my hair has been more or less the same length since 2014. (waist) I got it in my head to layer it several years ago (in long layers), immediately regretted it, and have been maintaining the same length since then to grow out the layers. They're not quite gone but I would like to add some significant length now anyway!

Question - I'm new to the forum - to join a group do you just say that you're joining? Or is there someplace to actually check a box or something, to officially join?

No there's nothing you need to specifically do, except say you're in, possibly subscribe to the thread. I just check multiple threads for answers, so I don't tend to sub to threads but it appears quite easy to keep track of special threads.

Welcome to all the newbies!

lapushka
June 22nd, 2018, 03:30 PM

Why not? Your ends look fine to me! :) Just, if you're doubtful, keep a close eye on the ends, and regularly check for splits if you are worried about it all.

maybeinaforest
June 22nd, 2018, 06:12 PM
I'll join! Haven't cut my hair in years, not planning to start now.

Wildhorserider
June 22nd, 2018, 08:02 PM
🙋🏼 I’m in! A trim would mean a pixie. That’s not gonna happen lol

Sparklylady82
June 22nd, 2018, 08:14 PM

Absolutely! Beautiful curls!
*Sparkly*

SapphiraSilver
June 22nd, 2018, 08:30 PM
Oh, I thought we started in June. So its from 1st July then? That makes sense.

lakhesis
June 24th, 2018, 11:14 PM
I am in :) Last time I trimmed my hair was in January and if I wait till the end of the year I might be able to finally reach waist :o

MissMuse
June 25th, 2018, 08:46 PM
I'm in too!! (Well, I'll try anyway!!) My hair is shoulder length and I'm just going to let it go crazy for 6 months. My last cut was a month ago and it was a terrible cut so this will work well until I find a new hairdresser I can trust.

Sparklylady82
June 25th, 2018, 09:33 PM
I'm in too!! (Well, I'll try anyway!!) My hair is shoulder length and I'm just going to let it go crazy for 6 months. My last cut was a month ago and it was a terrible cut so this will work well until I find a new hairdresser I can trust.

Hi Miss! I am in the same position as you! Shoulder length and had it cut recently! Let’s do this!
*Sparkly*

LadyAdelina
June 25th, 2018, 10:35 PM
Hi everyone, I'm joining this challenge! My hair is currently at shoulder, and still has a few layers from the earlier chin length asymmetric thing I put it to get out all the old bleach. I had one trim about two months ago, so my ends feel good, and I'm ready to see how far I can get in six months! Then I will probably try to even up a bit and lose the layers.

lapushka
June 26th, 2018, 06:17 AM
Welcome everybody! :D

Shoulder and 6 months = big changes! You'd be surprised at what that can do.

LizzyGrant
June 26th, 2018, 07:39 AM

Thank you for saying this, it gives me hope ;) I'm so excited for this challenge. I decided I won't be maintaining my bangs after all. I think this is a good time to grow them out. My hair is shoulder length so there won't be too much length between my bangs and the rest of my hair. And I want to grow them out at some point anyway because at longer lengths I prefer all in one length hair. So I might as well grow them out now. Happy growing everybody :cheese:

Stray_mind
June 26th, 2018, 07:57 AM

I am at shoulder now and iirc last time i grew for 6 months, my hair grew about 4 inches... i wonder how will it go now. :)

AshtangiPNW
June 26th, 2018, 11:24 AM

Great to hear! :) Maybe I will be at APL by Christmas 2018! I have never grown my hair before (always bleached it previously...) so I only have a really vague idea of my growth rate. I always thought I was one of those people whose hair just did not grow. Somehow, I’m beginning to suspect that it might not be the case after all. :o Thankfully! My lack of growth was likely due to chemical damage and frequent cuts. Wishing everyone happy growing for the rest of the year! :)

Stray_mind
June 26th, 2018, 11:28 AM
Great to hear! :) Maybe I will be at APL by Christmas 2018! I have never grown my hair before (always bleached it previously...) so I only have a really vague idea of my growth rate. I always thought I was one of those people whose hair just did not grow. Somehow, I’m beginning to suspect that it might not be the case after all. :o Thankfully! My lack of growth was likely due to chemical damage and frequent cuts. Wishing everyone happy growing for the rest of the year! :)

Ughhh i would give everything to reach APL by christmas, but it's very unrealistic for me :D

Well, if i at least am able to make a tiny bun or braid, i will be happy.

AshtangiPNW
June 26th, 2018, 12:44 PM
Ughhh i would give everything to reach APL by christmas, but it's very unrealistic for me :D

Well, if i at least am able to make a tiny bun or braid, i will be happy.

I don't know if it's really realistic for me either!!! :D We shall see.... :) :o I will be pleasantly surprised if it grows past CBL.

Peppergirl
June 26th, 2018, 01:19 PM
I would just be so glad to have any teeny tiny amount of hair by the end of the year, Lol.

Wildhorserider
June 26th, 2018, 02:19 PM
In six months I’ll have SL! Then I’ll be able to s&d. I could use that now on my bleached ends but it’s too short to focus my eyes on! 😂 I tried to this morning...

hellomimi
June 27th, 2018, 04:56 AM
I am in too!!
Pretty new here so I figure i have to have some sort of challenge to stay motivated.

I had my last cut in December when I went from waist length to shoulder and I can't wait to grow it all back!

Good luck everybody :D

hellomimi
June 27th, 2018, 04:59 AM
I am in too!

I had my last cut in December when I went from waist length to shoulder and I can't wait to grow it all back!

Good luck everybody :D

hellomimi
June 27th, 2018, 05:00 AM
Sorry for the double message, as I was saying I am still pretty new he he..

lapushka
June 27th, 2018, 05:11 PM
Welcome to the challenge, everybody! :D

illicitlizard
June 27th, 2018, 06:48 PM
I'm in, the challenge will be real when my mullet grows back in haha. Good luck everyone!

EliseMarie
June 29th, 2018, 05:18 AM
I ended up trimming my ends so I am out of the full year challenge and would like to join the second half challenge. I have also decided to not maintain my bangs and to let them grow out as well.

Looking forward to some growth!

Luna Starsetta
June 29th, 2018, 12:39 PM
Not long now! I'm gonna do measurements every month and try to do pictures on the 20th of every month justt to see how my hemline is doing. I seem to have a natural V. *shrugs* not that I mind. But I am super ready for this to start! I'll chime in with my measurement on the 1st or 30th.

CopperButterfly
June 29th, 2018, 12:49 PM
Not long now! I'm gonna do measurements every month and try to do pictures on the 20th of every month justt to see how my hemline is doing. I seem to have a natural V. *shrugs* not that I mind. But I am super ready for this to start! I'll chime in with my measurement on the 1st or 30th.
I like the idea of measuring as well as photos. I took a length photo post trim last week, now I'm going to measure and post for the official start on the 1st.

ravenskey
June 29th, 2018, 12:56 PM
I am also going to post a length shot on Sunday, though I'll wait until the 5th to post length because I'm on a strict measuring schedule.

It'll be interesting to compare with the pic I'll take on December 31st - I hope I reach BCL by then!

TatsuOni
June 29th, 2018, 01:00 PM
I'll measure and take a starting pic after I've trimmed tomorrow or Sunday :)

Guitargod
June 29th, 2018, 01:24 PM
I'll probably trim tonight because the weekend will be busy. I also want to try to get measurements and length shots around the 1st every month.

Luna Starsetta
June 29th, 2018, 01:54 PM
Yay I'm glad Ive inspired others! :o:o

lapushka
June 29th, 2018, 02:17 PM
We're getting close to kick-off time. :)

Peppergirl
June 29th, 2018, 03:10 PM
The suspense is killing me and we're not even out of the gate yet! This growing out from short hair has already got me fuzzy, I would be ready for a cut now usually. Not barely enough to tie down, have resorted to head band around home, lol.

ravenskey
June 29th, 2018, 04:12 PM
1 and 1/2 days to go!!!

Jas
June 29th, 2018, 04:32 PM
Let's do this, guys!! This is going to be hard for me because I feel my ends are starting to get a bit wispy but I want to make it through :D

Guitargod
June 29th, 2018, 04:40 PM
Last trim of the year - 1.5 cm from the end of the ponytail and 0.5 cm overall (pigtails).
Measuring in at around 111 cm. 2 more days won't make much of a difference :)
I'm ready - let's go:)

faerielady
June 29th, 2018, 07:56 PM
I'm in. First time back years and I'm growing out a pixie. I need a no-chop challenge to make sure I don't get frustrated.

ETA: I need to take a new picture - this is the hair I used to have that I want to have again!

TreesOfEternity
June 29th, 2018, 08:08 PM
Let's do this, guys!! This is going to be hard for me because I feel my ends are starting to get a bit wispy but I want to make it through :D

Same, it’s been a long time since I don’t trim my hair (I didn’t join the previous challenge as I joined the community this year), so let’s baby those ends as much as they deserve haha. Embracing the see through ends :)

Zazzles
June 29th, 2018, 09:00 PM
I am on board with monthly measurements and photos! I think it is a great way to see the progress. I’ll post my starting ones sometime tomorrow or Sunday. I’m excited to see the progress every one makes between now and New Years 😄

Wildhorserider
June 29th, 2018, 10:31 PM
The suspense is killing me and we're not even out of the gate yet! This growing out from short hair has already got me fuzzy, I would be ready for a cut now usually. Not barely enough to tie down, have resorted to head band around home, lol.

Me too! I’m either in a headband, looking like I’m 12 years old, or in a baseball cap, looking like a boy! Bring on SL!

illicitlizard
June 29th, 2018, 11:22 PM
Me too! I’m either in a headband, looking like I’m 12 years old, or in a baseball cap, looking like a boy! Bring on SL!

Haha this is exactly how I'm feeling right now. Just finished knitting myself a beanie to cover my hair and I look like a 12y/o boy!

Waveurly
June 30th, 2018, 07:04 AM
I'm going to join the second part of no-trimming! Dropped out halfway of the first no-trimming challenge but will see if I can go without any trims for the next six months! I haven't trimmed since may, so i'll see where this ends.
Happy no trimming to everyone!

Stray_mind
June 30th, 2018, 07:12 AM
Yassss it will begin soon. I am so excited to see where my hair will be by the end of december ^^

daisy rei
June 30th, 2018, 07:16 AM
I’m somewhat tempted to just chop two inches off before July starts.....I’m not really going to, because I want my hair to fairy tale eventually, but the last like two or three inches of my hair have been curling up really weirdly from the last time I cut it. I’ve never had ends that “flip up” before but ever since the chop they won’t lay flat. I wonder if I cut it again if they’ll stay “flippy”.....

lapushka
June 30th, 2018, 07:31 AM
Welcome to all the newbies. Happy growing everyone! I'm so glad I can run this challenge for you all; makes me feel great and all fuzzy inside. :o

10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1... let's go (well, tomorrow), but still. ;)

:happydance:

ETA: tomorrow is the last day to trim to still be IN this challenge!

Ardyn
June 30th, 2018, 10:35 AM
I’m in 🙃 no scissors are touching my hair for a looooooong time

Zesty
June 30th, 2018, 12:15 PM
Thanks for hosting, lapushka!

I am ready to go. I'm washing my hair today and will get a "before" length picture and measurement either tonight or tomorrow. Maybe I'll try to ignore it for a few months after that. (Ha ha, so funny -- I'm the queen of watching for the pot to boil.)

lapushka
June 30th, 2018, 01:05 PM
You're welcome, Zesty! I hope to be doing this for a long time, at least until I maybe get to knee (if ever that happens), and beyond (of course).

kamileona
June 30th, 2018, 03:29 PM
Count me in! Im trying to trim my hair about once every six months so this is perfect for me!

Bookprincess
June 30th, 2018, 06:01 PM
I'm in :o I hope to keep away from trims for a longgg time

MissMuse
June 30th, 2018, 06:17 PM
Thanks, I'm hoping to see big changes by xmas , some days it feels like there is no growth at all

shannelizabeth6
June 30th, 2018, 06:56 PM
I successfully completed the first half! I'm game for the second half as well!

Krissycats
June 30th, 2018, 07:14 PM
Hopefully, I will see about 5 -6 inches of growth the second half of 2018. I've been bunning it and trying to forget about it as much as I can. I should be at my goal length or a little beyond at the end of this challenge!

lapushka
July 1st, 2018, 03:15 AM
I successfully completed the first half! I'm game for the second half as well!

That's great welcome! :) Have you trimmed in between? If not I'll see you in the big challenge (the one for the year).

lapushka
July 1st, 2018, 03:16 AM
Hopefully, I will see about 5 -6 inches of growth the second half of 2018. I've been bunning it and trying to forget about it as much as I can. I should be at my goal length or a little beyond at the end of this challenge!

That would be awesome! :D Good luck! :)

And good luck to each and everyone of you. It has officially kicked-off!

:happydance:

TatsuOni
July 1st, 2018, 04:24 AM
I trimmed 2 cm yesterday and am starting this challenge at 101,5 cm :)

https://cdn1.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/2_5b38abdae087c35ac5b3ee7f.jpg

lapushka
July 1st, 2018, 05:18 AM
That's nice and even, Tatsu!

TatsuOni
July 1st, 2018, 05:22 AM
That's nice and even, Tatsu!

Thank you! :)

Stray_mind
July 1st, 2018, 06:24 AM
Tatsu your hem looks beautiful!
I will post my starting pic in a bit :)

Lanalavallama
July 1st, 2018, 06:38 AM
Thought I wpuld trim today, but no.
Looks like it will be s&d only for me.

Stray_mind
July 1st, 2018, 06:48 AM
So here's my starting pic.
I still have layers left, but my hem is much more even than it was before. I don't hope to reach APL, as the distance is Way too large, but i hope i'll cover at least half of it. So i'll keep growing till january and then evaluate my need for a next trim.

https://i.imgur.com/Rzg8Vbb.jpg

Jas
July 1st, 2018, 06:53 AM
Day 1, everyone!! We can do this :D

I've got placement from August to end of October so I'll have to keep it in a bun for that, won't be able to use my hairforks or hairsticks since they could be dangerous where I am on placement :( So might just need to use claw clips. Oh well, at least it'll be in a protective style - think I'll start to really struggle with not trimming in the last few months of the year though.

It's so easy to tell myself to stop obsessing but so hard to actually stop obsessing... sigh

Zesty
July 1st, 2018, 07:30 AM
Tatsu, that looks great, and like you could already be at classic!

Here's my starting photo. DH said I'm around 40.75".

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32512&d=1530451678

My growth seems to have slowed down as compared to when I was at shorter lengths, but this challenge should give me enough time to get to classic anyway.

Peppergirl
July 1st, 2018, 08:26 AM
Today is the day, good luck to everyone!

ravenskey
July 1st, 2018, 08:35 AM
Here is my starting point and I measured early and got 31.5".

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32513&d=1530455347

Happy growing everyone!

TreesOfEternity
July 1st, 2018, 08:47 AM
Let’s do this everyone! :cheer: As I planed I didn’t trim, I’ll take a quality length picture today to post the before and after by the end of the year

lapushka
July 1st, 2018, 09:25 AM
Good luck everybody! :D

TatsuOni
July 1st, 2018, 11:40 AM
Tatsu your hem looks beautiful!
I will post my starting pic in a bit :)

Tatsu, that looks great, and like you could already be at classic!

Here's my starting photo. DH said I'm around 40.75".

My growth seems to have slowed down as compared to when I was at shorter lengths, but this challenge should give me enough time to get to classic anyway.

Thank you! :blossom: I was at classic before my trim and should be back there in two months :)

It so fun to see everyone's starting pics! :) Keep 'em coming! :)

Solgave
July 1st, 2018, 12:31 PM
Here we go! :sun: This is my picture for the beginning of this challenge!
https://i.imgur.com/ZL22nIf.jpg

lapushka
July 1st, 2018, 01:23 PM
Here we go! :sun: This is my picture for the beginning of this challenge!
https://i.imgur.com/ZL22nIf.jpg

You could possibly be nearing waist or be there by the time this challenge ends.

Happy growing, Solgave, Zesty, Tatsu and everyone else!

Guitargod
July 1st, 2018, 02:51 PM
Nice starting pictures everyone. Solgave I'm amazed at your light hair! The name sounds Scandinavian so with the mountains in the background I'm guessing Norway or Sweden?
I shot a pic yesterday. Was actually planning to get one today but it's been a busy day.
https://preview.ibb.co/ditZrd/IMG_20180630_153603.jpg

Zazzles
July 1st, 2018, 03:03 PM
Here’s my starting picture:
https://s19.postimg.cc/gkhy84rkf/E34_BA7_A7-_A61_E-4_D61-8_FD0-26552404_E83_C.jpg (https://postimg.cc/image/gkhy84rkf/)
I’m right about 25.5 inches. It’s slightly different every time I measured it, but within 25-26” range so right in the middle is where I’m calling it. I’m at BSL currently and hoping to be somewhere between MBL and waist by the end of the challenge 😊

daisy rei
July 1st, 2018, 09:16 PM
Here's my length shot ft. some bun waves:
https://images2.imgbox.com/92/0a/jYyl5C0k_o.png

I just measured and it's around 28.5"-29".

CopperButterfly
July 1st, 2018, 10:06 PM
https://s22.postimg.cc/ga6alvrpt/20180619_143642.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Here's my starting image, from about a week ago right afterI had it trimmed. Today I measured at 25.5in. Hoping to be full bsl or longer by the end of the challenge. Curious to see what my average growth rate will be.

illicitlizard
July 1st, 2018, 10:19 PM
Oh lord, I just took a shot of my hair, hadn't realised it looked that shocking from the back! It's already been a month since my last trim (de-mulleting). Time to embrace the hellish awkward stage throughout the coming half year I guess!

Wildhorserider
July 1st, 2018, 11:45 PM
I can’t post pics yet (I’m new) but I’m right at 14”. Excited to track my progress. I’ll take photos every month and post them when I’m able to.

Artemecia
July 2nd, 2018, 03:22 AM
Only just found this, but can I get in on it? I haven't trimmed since the end of may! I can't post pictures yet, as I'm too new, but everyone's starting lengths look absolutely beautiful! Really helping me stick to my plan of growing my pixie out! I'm hoping it will get to chin length before the end of the year!

Good to see some fellow pixie-growers here- hopefully we can brave the mullet together!

faerielady
July 2nd, 2018, 05:33 AM
Good to see some fellow pixie-growers here- hopefully we can brave the mullet together!

The name of my game is going to be keeping it pulled back/up enough that I can tell myself it's not *really* a mullet, it's just... mullet-esque!

faerielady
July 2nd, 2018, 05:37 AM
I was going to measure from the forehead around like I learned to do here many years ago, but that's truly not representative of my hair. So the longest part of my hair is actually the front (mine was a long front stacked pixie with undercut, yep I'm growing out shaved sides), and the shortest is the sides. Averaging everything out, starting length will be 13.75 inches, and I'll continue to do it this way until the sides reach clear shoulder length.