PDA

View Full Version : No-trimming 2018! First half only!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

lapushka
June 27th, 2017, 09:12 AM
For this challenge, you need to trim at the latest January 1st 2018.
Challenge ends on June 30th 2018.

No other trims are allowed during this half of the year for you to be part of this challenge.

If you want to no-trim for shorter periods of time during the year, then the "no-trimming club" is a better place for you:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132

Welcome, and "happy growing"!

Here's some easy guidelines for you:

You may maintain bangs. (or undercut / face framing layers)
You may not cut them in.
You may S&D
You may not trim.

If you are wanting to trim, please do so from:
January 1st through to January 5th!

Dendra
June 27th, 2017, 12:13 PM
Lol I already responded to no trims in 2018 as I didn't see this one, but this challenge (if any) would be the one for me!

I'll keep an eye on this thread (and my ends to see if they can handle it), thanks for starting this lapushka :flowers:

queenbee1
June 27th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Joining in. :)

amiaow
June 27th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Might join in this one, going to have a newborn by December, that's a perfect excuse not to ponder haircuts :D

LadyCelestina
August 31st, 2017, 06:05 AM
I dropped out No trimming 2017, and didn't join the 2nd half of thread, even though I'm not planning on trimming for the rest of the year (my last trim was on 4th of July, too late to join properly :)). I thought I would trim away dye in 2017, but so it happened that I did bigger (not micro) trims which made my hemline kinda lopsided :lol: and I had to even it up while wet, so I took off a lot more. Now I'm really fed up with cutting my hair by myself, so this is good motivation to gain length :D

lapushka
August 31st, 2017, 07:55 AM
I dropped out No trimming 2017, and didn't join the 2nd half of thread, even though I'm not planning on trimming for the rest of the year (my last trim was on 4th of July, too late to join properly :)). I thought I would trim away dye in 2017, but so it happened that I did bigger (not micro) trims which made my hemline kinda lopsided :lol: and I had to even it up while wet, so I took off a lot more. Now I'm really fed up with cutting my hair by myself, so this is good motivation to gain length :D

Yay! Welcome! :)

TatsuOni
August 31st, 2017, 08:03 AM
I'll probably join this challenge after a trim in between the ongoing challenge and this.

Am I the only one who thinks that it would be fun to trim your hair right after 00.00 new years eve? :laugh: I definitely won't do it, but still it feels like a fun thing to start of the new year with :p

lapushka
August 31st, 2017, 08:16 AM
I'll probably join this challenge after a trim in between the ongoing challenge and this.

Am I the only one who thinks that it would be fun to trim your hair right after 00.00 new years eve? :laugh: I definitely won't do it, but still it feels like a fun thing to start of the new year with :p

Could you imagine us, all lined up, scissors in hand, ready to snip a bit off? :lol: 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 *snip*py New Year. :lol:

TatsuOni
August 31st, 2017, 10:04 AM
Could you imagine us, all lined up, scissors in hand, ready to snip a bit off? :lol: 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 *snip*py New Year. :lol:

A LHC new years ritual :laugh:

Cherriezzzzz
August 31st, 2017, 01:36 PM
A LHC new years ritual :laugh:

I can't wait to trim a mm off this new year haha

Jo Ann
August 31st, 2017, 01:45 PM
I'm in! :face:

Krissycats
September 1st, 2017, 09:26 PM
I am going to join this one! January to July should be pretty easy for me. One last trim in December . . .

paulownia
September 2nd, 2017, 05:50 AM
I'm joining! I was planning a small trim in December and then no cutting for 6 months. It will be quite a challenge ;)

potsie
September 3rd, 2017, 08:14 PM
hurray!! i can't wait to start this challenge :)

QuoteTheCrow
September 3rd, 2017, 08:23 PM
I'll join this challenge, too! I just hit shoulder length and the bottom layer of my hair appears much longer than the top layer, so it looks like I've got a mullet going on back there. In the past, I'd grab scissors to even it out, but I've been so inspired seeing long hair here that I've decided against it ... and this upcoming challenge will keep me honest! ;-)

Thanks for having me - good luck, all!

vpatt
October 24th, 2017, 09:50 AM
I am considering this challenge. I would love to do the full year, but I have some damage. If I trim before this challenge I may be able to complete it. I will see how it looks after my next trim.

torosaurus
October 24th, 2017, 11:01 AM
I think this is a great compromise for me! I don’t think I can go a full year without trimming some of my damaged ends off, but hopefully 6 months should give me a nice head start on some length. I’m in!

lithostoic
October 24th, 2017, 11:05 AM
I was thinking of doing the full year but my ends are looking a little ragged after not trimming since June. I'll start here and if I think I can make it I'll switch to the full thread!

Dems
October 24th, 2017, 12:24 PM
I've decided to go cold turkey on the now chin length pixie grow out. So hopefully joining in this challenge will give me the motivation to power grow through and then neaten things up later on in the year. How exciting!

Afanen
October 24th, 2017, 12:49 PM
I'll join in! :) A year is a little too long for my ends not to taper, 6 months sounds good.

lapushka
October 24th, 2017, 03:31 PM
Thanks for entering the challenge, you guys! :D :thumbsup:

Isobibbel
October 24th, 2017, 03:35 PM
okay, didn't realise a half year one was here. I'll give it a go, bear with me for i am a newbie

Suze
October 24th, 2017, 03:46 PM
I think I'll join aswell. I really want to make it to waist and then maintain there till all my layers are gone and my hair will look better. The other option is trimming each or every other month on my way to waist but I think I'm going to obsess about it to much. I wear it up all the time anyway and I want more length. But I probably should do a bigger trim at the end of my other challenge I am in now.

Is this normal? ^ Do you guys think about stuff like this? :lol:

Dendra
October 24th, 2017, 04:21 PM
I think I'll join aswell. I really want to make it to waist and then maintain there till all my layers are gone and my hair will look better. The other option is trimming each or every other month on my way to waist but I think I'm going to obsess about it to much. I wear it up all the time anyway and I want more length. But I probably should do a bigger trim at the end of my other challenge I am in now.

Is this normal? ^ Do you guys think about stuff like this? :lol:

Yes :) I'm having the same debate, do I chop 2/3" to get rid of my layers and then join this challenge, or microtrim instead, maintaining at BSL? I have until the end of the year to decide.

Suze
October 27th, 2017, 06:04 AM
Hahaha, this had me laugh so hard. Very vivid imagination here. :lol:

Yes :) I'm having the same debate, do I chop 2/3" to get rid of my layers and then join this challenge, or microtrim instead, maintaining at BSL? I have until the end of the year to decide.
Glad I'm not alone. Ca't seem to make up my mind about this. But what I like about this challenge is I just let it grow and don't have the 'should I or shouldn't I cut' debate going on in my head. Oh the peace that it brings. :o

Hope I can get away with a 1cm trim then on januari first, hope it's enough.

lapushka
October 27th, 2017, 06:35 AM
Hahaha, this had me laugh so hard. Very vivid imagination here. :lol:

I get it, trust me I do. :lol:

Dendra
October 27th, 2017, 03:35 PM
Glad I'm not alone. Ca't seem to make up my mind about this. But what I like about this challenge is I just let it grow and don't have the 'should I or shouldn't I cut' debate going on in my head. Oh the peace that it brings. :o

Hope I can get away with a 1cm trim then on januari first, hope it's enough.

I know what you mean! I've decided to leave the possible trim till the end of the year as I'm waiting on a new pair of shears, and it's nice to know I don't actually have the shears to cut it until then - no debate!

bunzfan
October 28th, 2017, 12:06 PM
I'll join in! :) A year is a little too long for my ends not to taper, 6 months sounds good.

This might be a good one for me, I trimmed in April then half a inch in October... Really want to make tailbone early new year .

QueenMab
October 28th, 2017, 07:45 PM
Joining in! Liking the half-year thread, just in case things don't work out. This'll be my first time no-trimming so we'll see how it goes...

Good luck, everyone! :D

lapushka
October 29th, 2017, 06:18 AM
Joining in! Liking the half-year thread, just in case things don't work out. This'll be my first time no-trimming so we'll see how it goes...

Good luck, everyone! :D

Welcome! :D And I hope it goes well for you! And not completing the challenge is really no big deal; it's not a must, take it as a good guideline for those who don't want to trim a while. :flower:

georgia_peach
October 29th, 2017, 09:01 AM
Hooray for the No Trimming threads! This was the only way I managed to grow my hair out the last time. I'm at the awful just-over-my-ears pixie grow out stage. Can't wait to see how far I get by June 2018. :cheer:

SallySue
November 13th, 2017, 05:30 PM
Joining!

Should be easy, since my hair tends not to grow much in the wintertime. It's just a matter of keeping it well hydrated :toast:

Katia_k
November 13th, 2017, 09:05 PM
Joining. I last trimmed my hair in May, so if I push through until June of 2018 it will be a full year of not-trimming and we'll see what happens from there. My ends are a little sad but I think I should be able to baby them along.

abribun
November 13th, 2017, 09:24 PM
Joining! I am still deciding if I want to go all of 2018 without a trim though. I'll definitely be going until the end of June without any trims. If I do that then I will be able to get hopefully around 4 inches of growth, which should bring my hair close to BSL. I don't actually know my length right now as I got a big cut back in august (regret) and haven't been able to measure it since then as I don't have a tape measurer. Hopefully I'll be able to reach BSL by the middle of 2018. So excited for this challenge!

papillon
November 13th, 2017, 09:40 PM
I'm considering. Might be a little late because I will probably need to trim after not trimming for the second half of 2017.

lapushka
November 14th, 2017, 07:25 AM
Welcome to the newbies! Glad to have you join. :)

Woohoo! :cheer:

Milady_DeWinter
November 14th, 2017, 08:09 AM
I'll be so in after my trin on 31th december/1st january! :D

Bambi
November 14th, 2017, 01:33 PM
I知 joining:). Benign neglect will be my weapon in the dark times that lies ahead;).

lapushka
November 14th, 2017, 03:13 PM
Hey you guys, welcome! :waving:

Bambi
November 15th, 2017, 04:27 AM
Hey you guys, welcome! :waving:

Thank you!
This is so exciting, already day-dreaming of how much length I will have gained in June :D hahaha!

Monsterkitti
November 16th, 2017, 04:33 AM
Hi :waving:
I'll join in on this, I think I'll need a trim by June but I'm determined to try and get to a solid waist length finally and this should help :)

victorian girl
November 25th, 2017, 05:17 AM
I'll give it a go! My big chop was in June, and hopefully with good care and some S&D everything will be ok and I'll have a trim in July (in fact, my problem usually is not trimming, rather than trimming too often). So I'm in, and good luck to everyone here!

lapushka
November 25th, 2017, 06:27 AM
I'll give it a go! My big chop was in June, and hopefully with good care and some S&D everything will be ok and I'll have a trim in July (in fact, my problem usually is not trimming, rather than trimming too often). So I'm in, and good luck to everyone here!

Welcome to the thread (and the forum). :)

lapushka
November 25th, 2017, 06:27 AM
Hi :waving:
I'll join in on this, I think I'll need a trim by June but I'm determined to try and get to a solid waist length finally and this should help :)

Yay! :) Happy growing!

Sterlyn
November 28th, 2017, 01:44 PM
I'm in for this. No plans to trim much at all (if any) this year, as long as my ends hold up.

GalaMoon
November 28th, 2017, 02:19 PM
Well, I want to give this a try. I got a bit scissor happy this year and I really want to gain some length. It feels comforting that I can still do S&D, I wouldn't have had the courage to do it without. Challenge accepted!

Suze
November 28th, 2017, 03:52 PM
Ok, made up my mind! I'm in! Will not trim when the other challenge ends either, I always wear it up anyway. If all goes well I will make it to my goallength of 33 inches, which is waistlength on me, by july 2018. After that I will maintain/ microtrim and grow out my layers and U-hem to a straight blunt hemline. The plan is there, now I need patience. But honestly it's fine. I've got a routine I like and I've got some comfortable styles I love and a lot of pretty hairtoys to play with!:p And, I hope I can actually do buns next year when I reach my goal length, so cool!! :cheer:

ETA: Thinking about cutting in bangs though at the end of the 2017 second half challenge...hmmm

lapushka
November 29th, 2017, 03:24 PM
Ok, made up my mind! I'm in! Will not trim when the other challenge ends either, I always wear it up anyway. If all goes well I will make it to my goallength of 33 inches, which is waistlength on me, by july 2018. After that I will maintain/ microtrim and grow out my layers and U-hem to a straight blunt hemline. The plan is there, now I need patience. But honestly it's fine. I've got a routine I like and I've got some comfortable styles I love and a lot of pretty hairtoys to play with!:p And, I hope I can actually do buns next year when I reach my goal length, so cool!! :cheer:

ETA: Thinking about cutting in bangs though at the end of the 2017 second half challenge...hmmm

Yeah, I just wanted to say, "sounds like a plan". LOL I think this is a great idea (not the bangs though, I'm not exactly *for* bangs, but that's me, you might like them).

Renora25
November 29th, 2017, 04:31 PM
I may try this again. I failed the no-trimming second half of 2017. But my hair is doing well now so maybe. Only thing I can think of that might make me want to trim is my graduation in the middle of June. Hopefully I am APL by then and can do something like a fun updo.

What the heck, count me in!

Suze
November 30th, 2017, 05:29 AM
Yeah, I just wanted to say, "sounds like a plan". LOL I think this is a great idea (not the bangs though, I'm not exactly *for* bangs, but that's me, you might like them).

Thanks Lapushka!:smooch: I probably won't go with the bangs. My younger sister has them and she looks so cute and pretty with them but they are high maintenance and will probably drive me nuts. Plus her hair is a really different texture than mine and mine probably look horrible. Maybe I should go for some face framing pieces instead. ProbablyThe layers I had are al longer than APL now in the front.

Isobibbel
November 30th, 2017, 06:07 AM
the closer 2018 gets the more nervous for this i get!
not sure why, just convinced I'll mess up, like I'll wake up one morning stood in my bathroom with scissors in hand and cut hair at my feet... :/

lapushka
November 30th, 2017, 08:10 AM
not sure why, just convinced I'll mess up, like I'll wake up one morning stood in my bathroom with scissors in hand and cut hair at my feet... :/

Well before you do that, come and let off some steam here, so we can talk you out of it, at least. :) :flower:

TatsuOni
November 30th, 2017, 08:18 AM

That happens in my dreams (nightmares), never in real life. You have us, so there shouldn't be a problem :)

Kellwise Gamgee
November 30th, 2017, 10:20 AM
I'm in! I last trimmed in June- I'll probably mini trim myself soon then let it go for quite awhile! My hairdresser always takes off way too much!!

Suze
November 30th, 2017, 02:06 PM

You can do it, just leave the actual hair getting cut in your dreams/ nightmares. :o

lapushka
December 2nd, 2017, 04:07 PM
I'm in! I last trimmed in June- I'll probably mini trim myself soon then let it go for quite awhile! My hairdresser always takes off way too much!!

Welcome to the challenge! :D

papillon
December 2nd, 2017, 06:54 PM
I'm in. It will be 1 year of no cutting. I'd like to reach my next goal of BSL! :)

lapushka
December 3rd, 2017, 10:57 AM
I'm in. It will be 1 year of no cutting. I'd like to reach my next goal of BSL! :)

Welcome to the challenge! BSL is an awesome length, it's like mid-way to long IMMHO... even though BSL in itself is long!

vpatt
December 15th, 2017, 02:33 PM
I am considering this challenge. I would love to do the full year, but I have some damage. If I trim before this challenge I may be able to complete it. I will see how it looks after my next trim.

I've decided to trim the end of this month and then definitely join this challenge.

lapushka
December 15th, 2017, 03:22 PM
I've decided to trim the end of this month and then definitely join this challenge.

Welcome aboard! :)

vpatt
December 16th, 2017, 05:47 AM
Welcome aboard! :)

Thank you!

Waveurly
December 16th, 2017, 11:23 AM
I've been doubting to join or not, I already wanted to not trim the next period of time, so why not join! Really want to get some growth going and yeah.. the best way is not cutting it ;) Happy growing to everyone!

vpatt
December 16th, 2017, 12:02 PM
I did the tiniest of trims a while ago....so I may do a dusting again by January 1. But maybe not.

2gaits
December 17th, 2017, 11:30 AM
To join or not? I am just not sure my hair can handle no trim until June. My last dusting was in the end of October.

Hiyotoris
December 17th, 2017, 11:58 AM
Even though I replied to the "no trim 2018" I'm defo going to try 6months ATLEAST. If my hair is looking good by the end of of the first half, I'll carry on for sure! Why fix something if isn't broke, am I right? haha! I'm also hoping to try a different DT every two weeks too, hopefully that'll quell the urge to snip!

Suortuva
December 17th, 2017, 02:58 PM
I'm joining in, too!
I was wondering whether to join in the whole year thread, but I think it's better to start with 6 months. And I think I can actually do this, because I just was 6 months without trims and it was OK.

lapushka
December 17th, 2017, 03:35 PM
Welcome all you guys that have freshly joined. I can't welcome you all individually (my disability traveled to my hands in 2008, though it's not as bad as my legs are, but I have my restrictions). So it's not laziness or anything. ;)

Anyway, welcome aboard! :D :thumbsup:

Raevyngoddess
December 17th, 2017, 10:59 PM
Joining in!

dvep
December 17th, 2017, 11:19 PM
Joining! I'll be sure to trim later this month before the year begins. I had great growth this year with only one trim in the summer so I'm committing!

lapushka
December 18th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Yay! :cheer: Welcome, you guys! :)

And happy growing to all of you in this challenge. :applause

Suze
December 18th, 2017, 03:00 PM
I'm getting all sorts of exited for this!:cheer:

vpatt
December 19th, 2017, 06:25 AM
I'm very curious to see how much length I gain in six months. I don't think I gained much at all the last six months......so I wonder does my hair grow more in spring than fall...or am I close to terminal (NO I CANT BELIEVE THIS). Well just curious to see how it goes. And eager to get started.

Renora25
December 19th, 2017, 10:25 AM
I'm very curious to see how much length I gain in six months. I don't think I gained much at all the last six months......so I wonder does my hair grow more in spring than fall..

I second this. I feel like my hair has grown quite a bit in the summer through fall section of the year (4ish inches if my measuring can be trusted). But it has slowed down significantly as soon at the temperature when below 10 Celsius. I am going to take a picture on Jan 1 for this challenge so I can compare it with one at the end. Hopefully by Jan 1, by hair is long enough (bangs and all) to fit into a pony or braid so that I can practice some neglect on it and it will be an awesome moment come June 30 to take it all down.

Good luck to us both! I hope your hair grows fabulously!

lostchyld
December 19th, 2017, 10:26 AM
I'm going to join this thread. I think going the whole year would be too long, because I'm just barely grazing chin with my longest layers, but I could easily see trimming next week sometime and going until the end of June, trimming then and going the rest of the year. I've got bleach and green on my ends, so I might change my mind partway through and just chop, but I want to see how far I can grow in a year. A year's growth should put me past shoulder with my longest layers. I'll have to just keep thinking about that, because I'm really annoyed with my hair right now and missing my buzz more than I'm missing my braids. I think that will change once I get to braiding length.

Dye is allowed, right? Because I have green over my bleach and I'll probably want to change colors or touch that up before June.

Monsterkitti
December 20th, 2017, 03:33 AM
Did my pre challenge trim last night. Went for 2" in the end so the ends are a bit thicker and much less grabby ready to grow till June :D

vpatt
December 20th, 2017, 05:20 AM
I second this. I feel like my hair has grown quite a bit in the summer through fall section of the year (4ish inches if my measuring can be trusted). But it has slowed down significantly as soon at the temperature when below 10 Celsius. I am going to take a picture on Jan 1 for this challenge so I can compare it with one at the end. Hopefully by Jan 1, by hair is long enough (bangs and all) to fit into a pony or braid so that I can practice some neglect on it and it will be an awesome moment come June 30 to take it all down.

Good luck to us both! I hope your hair grows fabulously!

Thanx! I'm also planning to braid and bun a lot.

lapushka
December 20th, 2017, 06:50 AM
Dye is allowed, right? Because I have green over my bleach and I'll probably want to change colors or touch that up before June.

Yep dye is totally allowed; no restrictions on that whatsoever. Bleach, henna, indigo, regular dye, permanent, semi, demi, colorful veggie dyes, all allowed. :D

S&D is allowed. Maintaining your bangs is allowed, just not cutting them in (because that is a major hemline change and is in essence cutting a lot of length off, so huge chop). At least, that's my reasoning. :)

MotherofJames
December 20th, 2017, 08:33 AM
I’m so in!! However , one question. I have my annual dust/trim on January 10th. That’s when I did it last year. So .. should I wait until the second half of 2018 to join in, on the other thread? I know you girls have another thread for the second part of the year. I just always dust/trim on January 10th and I’m good for the year

shannelizabeth6
December 20th, 2017, 08:43 AM
This seems like a good challenge! I'll join in the fun!

wanderer743
December 20th, 2017, 11:31 AM
I'm going to join the challenge.

lapushka
December 20th, 2017, 04:27 PM
I’m so in!! However , one question. I have my annual dust/trim on January 10th. That’s when I did it last year. So .. should I wait until the second half of 2018 to join in, on the other thread? I know you girls have another thread for the second part of the year. I just always dust/trim on January 10th and I’m good for the year

Well you can't trim past January 1st to be in this challenge or the year-round one, so you'll have to pick the second half of the year. Sorry. :flower:

Could you trim in December, possibly?

lostchyld
December 22nd, 2017, 06:20 AM
Scheduled my trim for next week Wednesday. I'm so ready for this. Well, I'm actually worried that the shape will make me crazy, but August was my last hair appointment, so I know July isn't out of reach.

fhairyqueen
December 22nd, 2017, 08:00 AM
I知 in !! I知 going to trim January the 1st and see what growth I can get through this challenge . Gives me something to aim for and focus on with my hair . Must remember to to ale before and after photos

Unofficial_Rose
December 23rd, 2017, 02:52 PM
I'm in too! Mine's between collarbone and shoulder. I had a professional trim in November to even it up after the slightly uneven self-trims I'd been doing, so I'm good to go.:D

Now all I have to do is stay away from the wild colour changes I normally go in for, which has been the cause of so much loss of length over the years.

What a great idea to do a six-monther. :cheese:

lapushka
December 23rd, 2017, 04:29 PM
What a great idea to do a six-monther. :cheese:

Yeah, IDK, it suddenly came to me to do it here, due to someone doing it on another board (that has since gone off the air for good). I can't remember for the life of me who it was, but my thanks go to whoever that was!

Krissycats
December 26th, 2017, 12:48 PM
I took off about an inch and a half on Christmas night. I知 ready for this challenge! I want my hair to hurry up and grow!

Karia
December 26th, 2017, 01:19 PM
I'm in! :) I had a cut (about one inch) last week and it resulted in my hair being somewhere above upper BSL. I'm struggling with false terminal and looots of white dots and breakage so I will probably get sharper scissors and S&D every now and then (knowing myself, probably every single day, I'm obsessed... :laugh:) but apart from that, I'm planning to practice some benign neglect. Oh and I might maintain bangs, too! I haven't decided yet.

lapushka
December 26th, 2017, 01:46 PM
I'm in! :) I had a cut (about one inch) last week and it resulted in my hair being somewhere above upper BSL. I'm struggling with false terminal and looots of white dots and breakage so I will probably get sharper scissors and S&D every now and then (knowing myself, probably every single day, I'm obsessed... :laugh:) but apart from that, I'm planning to practice some benign neglect. Oh and I might maintain bangs, too! I haven't decided yet.

Just make sure you decide before the challenge begins, because you can't let them grow out for months on end, and then cut them back in. Maintaining the bangs is a monthly process, and that is allowed, just not cutting them back in (because that's messing with the hemline). I have to be strict about some things. ;)

Karia
December 26th, 2017, 02:06 PM
lapushka, yes, I understand that! :) I've had bangs for a couple of years now and they really need regular maintain. I'll be sure to decide before the challenge begins! Is it okay to do it another way around: if I maintain the bangs for a couple of months but then decide to grow them out and won't cut them anymore during the challenge -- is that allowed?

lapushka
December 26th, 2017, 02:45 PM
lapushka, yes, I understand that! :) I've had bangs for a couple of years now and they really need regular maintain. I'll be sure to decide before the challenge begins! Is it okay to do it another way around: if I maintain the bangs for a couple of months but then decide to grow them out and won't cut them anymore during the challenge -- is that allowed?

Oh yes of course, the other way round is perfectly fine!!! :D

Karia
December 26th, 2017, 03:58 PM
Oh yes of course, the other way round is perfectly fine!!! :D
Ok, thanks! :) I think I'll start with maintaining and then let it grow out if I feel like it. I've been a bit bored with my bangs lately and since my hair thickness is just average, it would be nice to have more hair on the back. :hmm: But I'll think about it!

Isobibbel
December 29th, 2017, 04:03 AM
last trim planned for saturday... getting super nervous

Milady_DeWinter
December 29th, 2017, 04:39 AM
I'll trim the 31th in the morning /midday, since 1st is going to be a super busy day for me and I'd rather to have it done. So, I'll fail the last 6months without trims for a few hours :laugh: and after that, let's see if I can hit hip by July 2018! :disco:

As I measured it on me, I'm at waist with 64cm, now I'm 69,5cm and plan to trim 1,5cm to even the hemline... I'll hit hip at 74cm more or less. Yay!

Snowlily
December 29th, 2017, 06:17 AM
I am going to join this one - nearly at BSL for the first time ever am excited how far I can go without trimming as I have a lot of new growth (and found the first greys :rolleyes: )

i do get tempted to heavily trim to even out the new growth and thicken the hemline but I get over that urge thanks to wisdom shared here!! :D

lapushka
December 29th, 2017, 06:57 AM
I am going to join this one - nearly at BSL for the first time ever am excited how far I can go without trimming as I have a lot of new growth (and found the first greys :rolleyes: )

i do get tempted to heavily trim to even out the new growth and thicken the hemline but I get over that urge thanks to wisdom shared here!! :D

Judging from your avatar, I wouldn't trim. It's even to me and thick!

Jas
December 29th, 2017, 08:36 AM
So.. I was going to trim today because my last cut was end of January 2017 so figured it needed one. My husband has convinced me that it looks fine and doesn't need a trim so with a deep breath I'm going to join this thread. Might try to make it to the end of 2018 buuutt this is probably more realistic.

So strange not trimming when I was used to having a "trim" every three months at the hairdressers before lhc.

We can do this, guys! :D

lapushka
December 29th, 2017, 08:40 AM
For sure we can do this! And your hem (in your signature) looks just fine, Jas!

patienceneeded
December 29th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Didn't see this earlier! I'll join.

I have bangs to maintain, and an undercut as well. Might stop maintaining the undercut around June, we'll see though. Not trimming the length of my hair until June. Working my way from shoulder to APL.

hayheadsbird
December 29th, 2017, 03:16 PM
I failed the 2017 challange because I decided to cut in bangs, but now I've got them I can maintain and just continue to not cut the length :)

I'm in!

Rebeccalaurenxx
December 29th, 2017, 10:23 PM
I will be "hypothetically" joining this thread. I want one more last final "large" trim, before doing this.
Like a least a half inch, I have been micro trimming the last 6 months and have see very little growth.
But I have been using pretty crummy shears... as you all know. I bought some new ones.
But I dont want to do this trim until I got my new expensive shears. Which wont arrive until the 5th!
Ugh. So I will trim in January ... ill jut mentally be a part of this forum just not... physically lol

Arciela
December 30th, 2017, 01:03 AM
Count me in!

I recently did a somewhat Big chop! Went from almost classic back to "can I call this tailbone?" so, gonna see if I can do this! I want to make it to knee before I maintain/trim out damage etc.

Lanalavallama
December 30th, 2017, 01:44 AM
Sign me up. I think my hair will do just fine with s&d only

Suortuva
December 30th, 2017, 03:03 PM
I'm very curious to see how much length I gain in six months.

Oh, me too. I'm hoping for at least 6 cm of course, I'm gonna be really disappointed if I don't gain this. I have decided to wear my hair up as much as possible to protect it. And I just measured it too, it's 51 cm or 20 inches.

Hairkay
December 30th, 2017, 03:20 PM
I'm not sure if I'm going for the year or for 6 months. Either way I'm due for a trim now.

lapushka
December 30th, 2017, 03:41 PM
I will be "hypothetically" joining this thread. I want one more last final "large" trim, before doing this.
Like a least a half inch, I have been micro trimming the last 6 months and have see very little growth.
But I have been using pretty crummy shears... as you all know. I bought some new ones.
But I dont want to do this trim until I got my new expensive shears. Which wont arrive until the 5th!
Ugh. So I will trim in January ... ill jut mentally be a part of this forum just not... physically lol

I have the cut-off point set January 1st and I'm sticking to that, I'm sorry. I have to have some rules for these things. :) But you can join the second half. :flower:

Meanwhile you'll have plenty of time to get to know your new scissors and trim until you're happy and then go for length!!!

longmacchiato
December 30th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Yay! I really want to join in this challenge. i've been trying to grow out layers for the longest time (or so it feels) and their nearly all gone except for my old bangs. I've been holding off trimming since September. I know thats not that long but having layers my fine hair gets damaged so easily... this is the longest time between trims since I started growing them out.
So Im thinking tomorrow i'll start the new year with a slightly bigger trim, just to finally get rid of my layers and even up the ends, then hold out from having trims for at least 6 months. so excited to see how long my hair ends up by then!

Rebeccalaurenxx
December 30th, 2017, 04:08 PM
I have the cut-off point set January 1st and I'm sticking to that, I'm sorry. I have to have some rules for these things. :) But you can join the second half. :flower:

Meanwhile you'll have plenty of time to get to know your new scissors and trim until you're happy and then go for length!!!

I said "hypothetically" ... meaning im not actually a part of this forum, but will be mentally a part of it.

lapushka
December 30th, 2017, 04:50 PM
Yay! I really want to join in this challenge. i've been trying to grow out layers for the longest time (or so it feels) and their nearly all gone except for my old bangs. I've been holding off trimming since September. I know thats not that long but having layers my fine hair gets damaged so easily... this is the longest time between trims since I started growing them out.
So Im thinking tomorrow i'll start the new year with a slightly bigger trim, just to finally get rid of my layers and even up the ends, then hold out from having trims for at least 6 months. so excited to see how long my hair ends up by then!

Welcome to the forum, and to the thread! :D

shaluwm_agape
December 30th, 2017, 06:25 PM
Im new here but would love to join if that's okay?!😊

Zesty
December 30th, 2017, 06:50 PM
I am waffling between microtrimming all year and doing this. I have recently become fixated on the imperfections I see in my hemline, so it would probably be healthy for me to put it up a lot more and ignore it so I can power through until July. I really want to get to classic in 2018 but I keep impulse trimming. I need to settle down. :lol: And maybe accept that this will be my hemline at longer lengths. :shrug: Anyway, I don't measure before and after trims so I'm not sure how much I took off, but I only gained about 4 inches in 2017 as far as I can tell. And it would be nice to see what my 6 month growth rate is, now that I've decided to tag husband in rather than trying to measure it myself.

I did an itsy bitsy trim on Wednesday, so I would still qualify for this thread. We shall see. At the end of it I could always treat myself to a trim at the GM salon I've been eyeing.

Patcangel25
December 30th, 2017, 07:16 PM
Super excited for the challenge of not trimming for the entire year! Wow! I'm in!! Happy New Year ladies!!!

yvsa
December 31st, 2017, 03:18 AM
I'm having a trim scheduled for 10 januari. But i'm thinking of canceling it. This my latest hair picture, november 2017.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29328&d=1511953801

My hair was last trimmed in august, so if i enter this thread i'm ending it with almost a year of no trims. What do you guys think?

queenbee1
December 31st, 2017, 03:43 AM
Trimmed my hair in preparation for this :D

Milady_DeWinter
December 31st, 2017, 03:48 AM
I'm having a trim scheduled for 10 januari. But i'm thinking of canceling it. This my latest hair picture, november 2017.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29328&d=1511953801

My hair was last trimmed in august, so if i enter this thread i'm ending it with almost a year of no trims. What do you guys think?

Your hemline looks nice, I think that you could totally go for it. There's nothing better if you want lenght! :)

I did my trim today (1.5cm), so I'm all ready to go!

lapushka
December 31st, 2017, 05:33 AM
Im new here but would love to join if that's okay?!��

Sure, hop on in, and BTW, welcome to the forum! :)

lapushka
December 31st, 2017, 05:33 AM

I think you don't need that trim at all. Your hem is as straight & thick as can be!

lapushka
December 31st, 2017, 05:35 AM
I am waffling between microtrimming all year and doing this. I have recently become fixated on the imperfections I see in my hemline, so it would probably be healthy for me to put it up a lot more and ignore it so I can power through until July. I really want to get to classic in 2018 but I keep impulse trimming. I need to settle down. :lol: And maybe accept that this will be my hemline at longer lengths. :shrug: Anyway, I don't measure before and after trims so I'm not sure how much I took off, but I only gained about 4 inches in 2017 as far as I can tell. And it would be nice to see what my 6 month growth rate is, now that I've decided to tag husband in rather than trying to measure it myself.

I did an itsy bitsy trim on Wednesday, so I would still qualify for this thread. We shall see. At the end of it I could always treat myself to a trim at the GM salon I've been eyeing.

Zesty, I would be honored to have you, but the decision is yours! If you'd rather go for microtrimming, then you could perhaps join the second half, or you could put away the scissors and microtrim again the second half - it's up to you! :flower:

vpatt
December 31st, 2017, 06:12 AM
I think this evening after church I will do a small trim/dusting in preparation for the challenge. Really hoping my hair does well for this challenge.

andryssa
December 31st, 2017, 06:17 AM
I am new here and would like to join the challenge if I may :). I trimmed my hair on 6 December and don't plan on trimming anytime soon (it was more than a year I hadn't trimmed my hair before December).

Aunt Rapunzel
December 31st, 2017, 06:35 AM
I'd join in but because of my work schedule, I can't get my hair trimmed until at least January 3. Best wishes to you all, though!

Zesty
December 31st, 2017, 07:07 AM
Zesty, I would be honored to have you, but the decision is yours! If you'd rather go for microtrimming, then you could perhaps join the second half, or you could put away the scissors and microtrim again the second half - it's up to you! :flower:

Haha thanks! I am leaning towards seeing where I can get in six months and then reevaluating in July. :)

ShilvaA
December 31st, 2017, 08:52 AM
I think I belong in this group, I do not trim my hair myself as I can’t trust myself not to get scissor-happy. But I do have the bare minimum taken off the ends once in a blue moon at the hairdressers, maybe once every year... I had it cut last October so I wouldnt want to get it cut again before October ‘18. :)

lapushka
December 31st, 2017, 09:35 AM
I am new here and would like to join the challenge if I may :). I trimmed my hair on 6 December and don't plan on trimming anytime soon (it was more than a year I hadn't trimmed my hair before December).

Welcome to the challenge, and the forum! :)

lapushka
December 31st, 2017, 09:36 AM
I think I belong in this group, I do not trim my hair myself as I can’t trust myself not to get scissor-happy. But I do have the bare minimum taken off the ends once in a blue moon at the hairdressers, maybe once every year... I had it cut last October so I wouldnt want to get it cut again before October ‘18. :)

Welcome! :D

lapushka
December 31st, 2017, 09:37 AM
I'd join in but because of my work schedule, I can't get my hair trimmed until at least January 3. Best wishes to you all, though!

There's always the second half of the challenge! :flower:

wannabe-rusalka
December 31st, 2017, 12:14 PM
Hey guys! I'm new here so I can't think of anything better than to join. So if it's not too late, I'm in :)

vpatt
January 1st, 2018, 04:02 AM
Dusted last night and here we go, happy New Year everyone and happy growing!

lapushka
January 1st, 2018, 04:38 AM
Hey guys! I'm new here so I can't think of anything better than to join. So if it's not too late, I'm in :)

It is *never* too late to join; you can join any time during the year in the months to come, yes literally any time you want.
You just need to not have trimmed later than Jan. 1st. 2018!

TatsuOni
January 1st, 2018, 07:29 AM
https://cdn1.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/1_5a4a430e2a6b2243e62531c1.jpg
I trimmed 1,5 cm today and the length is now 96 cm.

I'm hoping for less stress in my life this year, so that I can get a more regular growth than last year...

wannabe-rusalka
January 1st, 2018, 11:43 AM
It is *never* too late to join; you can join any time during the year in the months to come, yes literally any time you want.
You just need to not have trimmed later than Jan. 1st. 2018!

Alright thanks- just did a very small trim (less than 1/4 of an inch) to even things out yesterday, so I'm ready for the challenge

Milady_DeWinter
January 1st, 2018, 12:41 PM
I'm quite angry at my hair today (I finally tied it in a bun because it doesn't behave the way it SHOULD), but here's a pic of it today. I had the annual New Year lunch with my family, so I dressed up.

Yesterday I trimmed about 1,5cm to even the hemline... And it looks a bit longer than it is, I need at least 7cm or so to hit hip.

https://i.imgur.com/WHcNGT4.jpg

Anyway, I'm ready for another 6 months without trims!!! :D

divinedobbie
January 1st, 2018, 02:11 PM
Trimmed 3 inches off last night so I'm ready for at least 6 months of no trim :)

torosaurus
January 1st, 2018, 06:29 PM
Trimmed 3 inches off last night so I'm ready for at least 6 months of no trim :)

I also trimmed three inches off! Two days ago, though. I'm soo ready for at least 6 months of no trimming! I hope that taking off so many splits at the ends will help my growth rate, since my hair won't be breaking off at the ends as much anymore!

I'm planning on starting S&D this year when I get my own pair of shears.

patches
January 1st, 2018, 08:06 PM
I'm in! My last trim was actually a shave and it was clear back in May.

Beckstar
January 1st, 2018, 10:14 PM
Can I still join if I maintain a side shave? I see bang maintenance is allowed and I think this should fall under the same category since I already have it. I won't be cutting the rest of my hair

lapushka
January 2nd, 2018, 05:30 AM
Can I still join if I maintain a side shave? I see bang maintenance is allowed and I think this should fall under the same category since I already have it. I won't be cutting the rest of my hair

Yep, undercuts I consider the same as bangs, it's not as if you have shaved it in later than Jan. 1st, right? Then it's fine. Welcome! :D

yvsa
January 2nd, 2018, 08:08 AM
I just cancelled the appointment i had made at the hair salon for 10 januari. I'm so excited, i'm actually joining for real:happydance:. But i'm also a bit nervous (but that's my "trimming-addiction" calling i thinkshudder:).

lapushka
January 2nd, 2018, 08:16 AM
I just cancelled the appointment i had made at the hair salon for 10 januari. I'm so excited, i'm actually joining for real:happydance:. But i'm also a bit nervous (but that's my "trimming-addiction" calling i thinkshudder:).

Yay! Welcome. :cheer: Great decision, IMMHO! :)

yvsa
January 2nd, 2018, 08:23 AM
Thank you:flower:

fhairyqueen
January 2nd, 2018, 09:04 AM
I知 really excited for the results and I知 more motivated to do this knowing we are al doing it together

buzztobraids
January 2nd, 2018, 02:24 PM
This is what I need! Count me in

lapushka
January 2nd, 2018, 02:27 PM
This is what I need! Count me in

Welcome to the thread / challenge! :)

shaluwm_agape
January 2nd, 2018, 06:50 PM
I trimmed dec 21 i joined this already but im sooooooo excited to see how much length i gain

Zakuro
January 2nd, 2018, 07:22 PM
I will be joining

Rebeccalaurenxx
January 2nd, 2018, 11:29 PM
FINE! I won’t trim this year but when my new shears come in the mail, I’m doing s&d!!
I just really wanted to use my new shears, but I guess they can wait awhile.

lapushka
January 3rd, 2018, 04:01 AM
FINE! I won’t trim this year but when my new shears come in the mail, I’m doing s&d!!
I just really wanted to use my new shears, but I guess they can wait awhile.

S&D sounds like a great project, and it will hopefully keep your mind off trimming. We've seen such lovely pictures of your hair, I can't imagine why you'd need a trim. :flower: But you're the best judge, of course, I'm not saying that. :)

vpatt
January 3rd, 2018, 05:29 AM
So I measured a few times on Monday and got 30" consistently. So I'm gonna baby those ends and see how much growth I get by the end of the challenge. I'm hoping for 3" at least. That should put me at a good solid waist unstretched and getting close to hip stretched, I think.

emptyque
January 3rd, 2018, 08:34 AM
I trimmed on New Years Day. I had good luck stretching my trims last year, and want to see how it goes again. I am hoping to get past BSL by summertime, though I'll need to find some new ways to wear it while swimming. The only time I got frustrated with it in 2017 was in the summer after I swam in the ocean.

Doom
January 3rd, 2018, 09:48 AM
All right, I'm in. Last year I had chopped up to shoulder length before shooting a short movie, but this year I hope to just let my hair grow. I'm starting with a 6-month challenge to see how it goes.

lapushka
January 3rd, 2018, 11:30 AM
I trimmed on New Years Day. I had good luck stretching my trims last year, and want to see how it goes again. I am hoping to get past BSL by summertime, though I'll need to find some new ways to wear it while swimming. The only time I got frustrated with it in 2017 was in the summer after I swam in the ocean.

All right, I'm in. Last year I had chopped up to shoulder length before shooting a short movie, but this year I hope to just let my hair grow. I'm starting with a 6-month challenge to see how it goes.

Welcome! :)

Kellwise Gamgee
January 3rd, 2018, 05:08 PM
Did a mini trim Dec 31st, and my first cassia treatment today!! I'm ready!!
Pic taken today:
http://www.hostpic.org/images/1801040534420110.jpg (http://www.hostpic.org/view.php?filename=1801040534420110.jpg)

Rebeccalaurenxx
January 3rd, 2018, 09:40 PM
S&D sounds like a great project, and it will hopefully keep your mind off trimming. We've seen such lovely pictures of your hair, I can't imagine why you'd need a trim. :flower: But you're the best judge, of course, I'm not saying that. :)
I知 just very unhappy with my hemline.
But parts of me want to see what my hair looks like if I just continue to let it fairytale.

lapushka
January 4th, 2018, 06:54 AM
Did a mini trim Dec 31st, and my first cassia treatment today!! I'm ready!!
Pic taken today: [/URL]

You look ready to take on more growth! :thumbsup: Waist is a nice milestone to reach! :)

I’m just very unhappy with my hemline.
But parts of me want to see what my hair looks like if I just continue to let it fairytale.

I think fairytale ends on wavy/wurly/curly hair is awesome. My hair is heavily layered and so it thins out towards the bottom as well. I just leave it be. It's just the way it is. As long as you don't have a mass of white dots or splits (a few you can always S&D out), then it's fine.

shaluwm_agape
January 4th, 2018, 11:18 AM
I’m just very unhappy with my hemline.

I completely understand! In 2013 I had bra strap length hair but was soooooo unhappy with the way it was growing out, I had layers and the ends were just super thin. I cut it not too long after and tbh... worst decision I ever made! It actually was healthy but
I was just sooo fed up trying to grow it out that I went shorter and even more layers. I say leave it till you get a little longer then your desired length. that way you can even out your hemline and not loose too much hair

Lanalavallama
January 6th, 2018, 03:13 PM
Just straightened and had a brief s&d session.

I am glad I joined this thread, or I would have been tempted to cut today.

vpatt
January 6th, 2018, 03:50 PM
I am throwing the oil and conditioner on the ends....temps are in the teens and single digits.

Zesty
January 6th, 2018, 04:21 PM
I've also been giving my hair extra love lately in this cold weather and my ends feel pretty good. Also husband just did a video and perhaps my hemline isn't *so* bad? :eye:

Isobibbel
January 6th, 2018, 04:56 PM
my first week of 2018 measurement puts me at 58cm, lets do this!

dvep
January 7th, 2018, 12:28 PM
I did my pre-challenge trim last month and I'm thinking maybe to try the whole year challenge instead. My MO for my bi-yearly trims is microtrimming the long part (the back of my hair) and then getting my much shorter front ends to be less damaged with the least trimming possible. This past trim I feel like I just made the difference between those lengths even larger. :( I really want to even out my layers without cutting off my progress in the back, but I wish I didn't have to keep my front layers so damaged and fragile and even though I didn't lose too much length on the whole with this last trim I really am tired of the layers difference. I'm thinking the plan I've had to grow out my front layers to a happy length where I can maintain and even my hemline would be achieved faster if I didn't trim at all, even if it stays damaged (which it always is). Ugh, I wish I hadn't any layers at all but it's partially not up to me since I fairytale, too! My back ends are BCL and my front is just past WL with this last trim. Overall it looks healthy but I might switch to the full-year no-trim challenge and see if I can make serious progress by leaving it alone and committing to protective styles.

Suze
January 7th, 2018, 06:25 PM
Wanted to share my starting picture, last trim was in march last year.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/1641/CcQWbS.jpg

*Wednesday*
January 7th, 2018, 07:04 PM

You have gorgeous hair, Suze. Looks very healthy.

shaluwm_agape
January 7th, 2018, 08:21 PM
2 more inches till I reach APL! I cant wait!

Suze
January 8th, 2018, 04:53 AM
You have gorgeous hair, Suze. Looks very healthy.
Thank you so much *Wednesday*!

lapushka
January 8th, 2018, 05:29 AM
I did my pre-challenge trim last month and I'm thinking maybe to try the whole year challenge instead. My MO for my bi-yearly trims is microtrimming the long part (the back of my hair) and then getting my much shorter front ends to be less damaged with the least trimming possible. This past trim I feel like I just made the difference between those lengths even larger. :( I really want to even out my layers without cutting off my progress in the back, but I wish I didn't have to keep my front layers so damaged and fragile and even though I didn't lose too much length on the whole with this last trim I really am tired of the layers difference. I'm thinking the plan I've had to grow out my front layers to a happy length where I can maintain and even my hemline would be achieved faster if I didn't trim at all, even if it stays damaged (which it always is). Ugh, I wish I hadn't any layers at all but it's partially not up to me since I fairytale, too! My back ends are BCL and my front is just past WL with this last trim. Overall it looks healthy but I might switch to the full-year no-trim challenge and see if I can make serious progress by leaving it alone and committing to protective styles.

Consider yourself automatically added to the yearly one. If you enter one or the other, it's fine until you partway trim (of course). Then it's clear you're part of one half of the challenge. :flower: Good luck!

Suze that's gorgeous! :) And you've had such growth!!!

Suze
January 8th, 2018, 06:29 AM
Thank you Lapushka! I love that when I see pictures I can really see the progress. Started with 3 month photo's but 6 months in between pictures is so much more satisfying to look at!

Waveurly
January 8th, 2018, 04:46 PM
I'm starting this challenge with 16 inch by the way! Kind of forgot to post something here. Let's see where we will be in 6 months!

Renora25
January 8th, 2018, 06:43 PM
I am starting with about 19.5 inches. I am excited to see how long it grows
https://i.imgur.com/RIpITG7.jpg?2

MakeupMornings
January 10th, 2018, 01:34 PM
I'll join!!! :)

Fun fact. I recently saw a proper pair of hair scissors I want to purchase.. BUT I told myself if I get them I would just end up trimming non stop..
So i've convinced myself that if I survive this challenge I'm allowed to get the scissors in June. And by the time June comes around I should have some dusting to do anyways.. :D

pixiecat
January 19th, 2018, 06:37 AM
I'm going to join in here! My last trim was mid-October and my hair just inched far enough past shoulder that I can get it to stay up with a hair fork, so I imagine I can keep the ends in the condition they are now at least until July :wink: especially with the arrival of my samples of Nightblooming's salves. I was thinking about taking a length picture but I'm just going to wait until February... but seeing your 6 month picture Suze has convinced me I should definitely wait until these 6 months are over for my next length shot

emptyque
January 19th, 2018, 07:17 AM
I'm going to join in here! My last trim was mid-October and my hair just inched far enough past shoulder that I can get it to stay up with a hair fork, so I imagine I can keep the ends in the condition they are now at least until July :wink: especially with the arrival of my samples of Nightblooming's salves. I was thinking about taking a length picture but I'm just going to wait until February... but seeing your 6 month picture Suze has convinced me I should definitely wait until these 6 months are over for my next length shot

Last year, I was where you are now. Now I'm two inches from BSL. I hope you have good luck too.

shaluwm_agape
January 19th, 2018, 11:33 AM
My hair feels like a turtle. Lol. I havent had the urge to cut but man i am 3 inches from APL & the wait is killing me!

ShahMat
January 19th, 2018, 02:23 PM
I thought I had already joined this but apparently I haven't :rolleyes:
I was already in the 2018 no-trim challenge but this one is ideal since I last trimmed in October and I will probably need another dusting at the end of summer.
Sooo there will be a lot of face-framing layers maintaining in the next 6 months, but no trims!

Aaaand this is where I'm starting from (picture taken the 29th of December, but I'm sure nothing changed from then to January 1st xD)

https://imgur.com/a/BN3dS

lapushka
January 19th, 2018, 02:27 PM
ShahMat, maintaining FFL is about the same as maintaining bangs, so you're OK with that. ;)

Welcome to all the newbies to this thread! Happy growing! :D

vpatt
January 22nd, 2018, 06:32 AM
I really want to measure, but I'm refraining. I know it isn't a full month yet and unlikely I will show growth. I will be really disappointed if I don't get at least 2.5"-3" during our challenge. Fingers crossed, lol.

lapushka
January 22nd, 2018, 07:21 AM
I really want to measure, but I'm refraining. I know it isn't a full month yet and unlikely I will show growth. I will be really disappointed if I don't get at least 2.5"-3" during our challenge. Fingers crossed, lol.

Maybe measure after 3 months, so halfway into this half? :)

vpatt
January 22nd, 2018, 08:48 AM
Maybe measure after 3 months, so halfway into this half? :)

That's a great suggestion. I just love you hair all over each time I see your picture.

Lanalavallama
January 22nd, 2018, 11:51 AM
This may be premature, but I am really enjoying not trimming my hair. I think I was trimming off perfectly good hair because of a desire to be thorough. Ridiculous. Just s&ding has drastically improved the quality of my hair. I think I am practising mindfulness. Detangling my hair is a breeze these days. I may just join the no trimming challenge for the latter half of 2018.

emptyque
January 22nd, 2018, 12:47 PM
This may be premature, but I am really enjoying not trimming my hair. I think I was trimming off perfectly good hair because of a desire to be thorough. Ridiculous. Just s&ding has drastically improved the quality of my hair. I think I am practising mindfulness. Detangling my hair is a breeze these days. I may just join the no trimming challenge for the latter half of 2018.

Yes, I think a lot of splits happen in the last few inches, not just the very tips, so S&D is a much better option, especially when the vast majority of the hair is undamaged.

lapushka
January 22nd, 2018, 12:50 PM
That's a great suggestion. I just love you hair all over each time I see your picture.

Aw you're so sweet, vpatt! :) Thank you!

fhairyqueen
January 22nd, 2018, 01:44 PM
Can anyone advise me ... when doing s&d how far above the split do you cut ?
I know I’m probably being a bit dumb but I don’t know if there is a minimum distance above the split to remove it correctly and stop it continuing ?

lapushka
January 22nd, 2018, 02:30 PM
I know I’m probably being a bit dumb but I don’t know if there is a minimum distance above the split to remove it correctly and stop it continuing ?

About half an inch is OK.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 22nd, 2018, 02:31 PM

I trim just above the split end, pretty much as close as I can to it, because losing length hurts... :)

shaluwm_agape
January 22nd, 2018, 03:11 PM
this may be dumb but how do you guys S&D its a bit hard since my hair is right under my shoulder

Sarahlabyrinth
January 22nd, 2018, 03:23 PM
this may be dumb but how do you guys S&D its a bit hard since my hair is right under my shoulder

Well, it might be a little difficult to do it at your length, but hopefully your hair isn't long enough to have many split ends.

Lanalavallama
January 22nd, 2018, 09:52 PM

I feel the strand. When I get to a rough part or feel a knot, I snip.
Light from a computer screen and/or tablet works marvellously, at night especially.

shaluwm_agape
January 22nd, 2018, 11:09 PM
I feel the strand. When I get to a rough part or feel a knot, I snip.
Light from a computer screen and/or tablet works marvellously, at night especially.

Thanks soooo much!

Suze
January 23rd, 2018, 02:10 AM
I can only S&D with the flashlight on my phone. My hair is really really fine and this or direct sunlight is the best way for me. It's been a while since I did a good S&D session. Will do it after my next wash.:o

fhairyqueen
January 23rd, 2018, 05:11 AM
Thank you for your advice everyone :) I will give it a go . It’s the first time for me so just checking before I start . Didn’t want to spend months doing it only to find I achieve absolutely nothing if I don’t cut off enough

Dark40
January 23rd, 2018, 10:46 AM
I'm joining in. I haven't had a trim since October of 2017! And, through that was just S&Ding 1cm off. When I trim I only have to take off 1cm every 3 or 4 months. That really helps my hair to look and feel much healthier, and grow a lot faster too!

lapushka
January 23rd, 2018, 01:05 PM
Welcome, Dark40! :)

chomsky
January 23rd, 2018, 01:08 PM
I'll be joining again, had an unexpected cut and a trim last year. Hoping for two small trims this year, one before graduation (eek!) and one for new years.

Good luck all!

lapushka
January 23rd, 2018, 01:32 PM
I'll be joining again, had an unexpected cut and a trim last year. Hoping for two small trims this year, one before graduation (eek!) and one for new years.

Good luck all!

Welcome! :)

:cheer: Yay you guys, it's so awesome that you all joined this challenge; and remember it's never too late to join, your last trim has to be no later than January 1st 2018! That's it. The rest of the "rules" are in the 1st post to this thread.

torosaurus
January 23rd, 2018, 04:59 PM
Still going strong; I had my last trim at the very end of December last year. I hope I can get some good length going!

Suortuva
January 23rd, 2018, 09:38 PM
Well, it might be a little difficult to do it at your length, but hopefully your hair isn't long enough to have many split ends.

I have the same problem. Well, I can do S&D, but not for all of my hair, and it's not so easy. And my hair is full of split ends, so I don't know if it will ever grow longer, really. I suppose this is just my hair type then, super prone to split ends. I even have tiny knots in individual hairs.

But I found out that white screen is helpful for S&D.

olivetime
January 24th, 2018, 06:41 AM
I am mighty tempted to join but with growing out from pixie/messy shag...I am going to have that pesky mullet phase to deal with sometime soon. I feel like I could wait til June to trim it up but...its too soon to know for sure, haha!

shaluwm_agape
January 24th, 2018, 03:01 PM
Thanks! I will check back next month and see if i need to start

Rebeccalaurenxx
January 24th, 2018, 05:28 PM
I have the same problem. Well, I can do S&D, but not for all of my hair, and it's not so easy. And my hair is full of split ends, so I don't know if it will ever grow longer, really. I suppose this is just my hair type then, super prone to split ends. I even have tiny knots in individual hairs.

But I found out that white screen is helpful for S&D.

I get those knots too, theyre called fairy knots. some users here are able to use a little sewing needle to undo it before its too late but S&D is really the only thing that you eventually need to do.

Bambi
January 25th, 2018, 12:52 AM
Still going strong here, realized that my hair is now almost at BSL...when did that happen? :D

Suortuva
January 25th, 2018, 10:28 AM
I get those knots too, theyre called fairy knots. some users here are able to use a little sewing needle to undo it before its too late but S&D is really the only thing that you eventually need to do.

Maybe I should be happy to have some fairyness(?) in my hair... :magic:

emptyque
January 25th, 2018, 01:58 PM
I think I'm going to drop out of this thread. My hemline got uneven after some S&D. Maybe I'll do the second half instead. Happy growing.

Krissycats
January 25th, 2018, 11:30 PM
Whoo hoo! My hair has grown one inch since my trim on December 27!

shaluwm_agape
January 28th, 2018, 03:39 PM
Did some S&D last night hair feels a lot better��

Jas
January 28th, 2018, 04:02 PM
I've been trying not to S&D too much, I know I get a bit scissor happy and just do a mass chop for like an hour and I'm really worried about making my hair look uneven :/

On the bright side, almost 1/6th through this challenge!

floridaorchid
January 28th, 2018, 06:45 PM
Does anyone else have trouble finding splits during an S&D, but can find hundreds while nowhere near hair scissors? It drives me bonkers!

Milady_DeWinter
January 29th, 2018, 01:23 AM
Does anyone else have trouble finding splits during an S&D, but can find hundreds while nowhere near hair scissors? It drives me bonkers!

All the time!!! :/

torosaurus
January 29th, 2018, 01:47 AM
Whoo hoo! My hair has grown one inch since my trim on December 27!

Congratulations, that's awesome!

I'm starting to think my hair hasn't grown a bit since I trimmed it, only gotten more split ends. :(

divinedobbie
January 31st, 2018, 12:40 AM
Been practicing benign neglect for so long that it was so nice to measure my hair and see the progress a month later. Definitely keeps me from not trimming. I had some urges at the beginning of the month but now I'm happy with my hair.

fhairyqueen
January 31st, 2018, 04:50 AM
Please could anyone explain to me how you accurately measure your own hair ? Thanks

Jas
January 31st, 2018, 01:55 PM
I think I'm out. I think I'm going to need to microtrim :(

Since mid December somehow my hair has lost 0.3cm for no discernible reason and hasn't gained any length according to my growth chart.

Fhairyqueen get a tape measure, put the tip to your hairline next to your forehead in the middle of your head and then move the tape over your head and down your hair, measure that way :)

lapushka
January 31st, 2018, 03:32 PM
I think I'm out. I think I'm going to need to microtrim :(

Since mid December somehow my hair has lost 0.3cm for no discernible reason and hasn't gained any length according to my growth chart.

1/ stalls can be normal
2/ 0.3 cm is a measuring mistake that is fast made!

Jas
January 31st, 2018, 03:47 PM
I did end up trimming half an inch - I got DH to measure afterwards and somehow it came out the same length as before, 88cm. THEN my DH told me he didn't count the racers before, just where the main bit of my hair ends so I guess I just got rid of the racers.

Still, I'm what looks like an inch from BCL again so have been set back but my ends are a bit blunter.

Anyway, I'll see you all for the second half of no trimming 2018!

vpatt
January 31st, 2018, 07:13 PM
I broke down and measured my hair and indeed it looks as if I may have gained somewhere around 1/2". I wish I had snapped a picture of my hair on the tape measure. I may do that tomorrow so on March 1 I can compare. It is super easy for me to mess up with the tape measure. I think it could be easy for most people to make mistakes like this.
Anyway I find this encouraging....still wishing good luck to all.Jas, sorry you had to drop out, good luck on the second half.

Katia_k
January 31st, 2018, 07:24 PM
I had to bow out too... though I was continuing on from the second half of 2017 challenge and hadn't trimmed since May 2017. I tried to only take off about half an inch, it was just feeling so terribly unhealthy down there. I have been having a terrible time getting accurate measurements because of fairytale ends and because curly hair is a pita to measure, so I don't know exactly how much length I lost, but it's not really visible, so I'm okay with it. My last measurement made me really feel like things have been breaking off a lot, because I hadn't made much progress at all in the last 4 months. So hopefully this will help and I'll get some fresh new growth that will stick around.

See you all in part 2 of the year.

Suze
February 1st, 2018, 01:09 PM
I did a little S&D and found the odd white dot, always just 1mm (0,1cm) from the ends but no splits and no fairy knots either. Get some of those sometimes but not lately I think. Anyway...yes I could do with a trim but I always think that and I can really start seeing the length coming along so I feel quite comfortable not trimming. Going to take a photo for the BSL 2 waist thread so I hope I won't feel to bad about my hair then. If I do I WILL come back and wine about it here. Sorry in advance guys.:lol:

lapushka
February 1st, 2018, 01:40 PM
I did a little S&D and found the odd white dot, always just 1mm (0,1cm) from the ends but no splits and no fairy knots either. Get some of those sometimes but not lately I think. Anyway...yes I could do with a trim but I always think that and I can really start seeing the length coming along so I feel quite comfortable not trimming. Going to take a photo for the BSL 2 waist thread so I hope I won't feel to bad about my hair then. If I do I WILL come back and wine about it here. Sorry in advance guys.:lol:

Whine all you want, we can take it. ;) Hang in there, Suze. It's especially nice when you see length finally come in.

Goatcraft
February 1st, 2018, 02:50 PM
I failed at this last year, so I知 in for this year. Last time was in December, so this works perfectly.

Suze
February 1st, 2018, 03:16 PM
Whine all you want, we can take it. ;) Hang in there, Suze. It's especially nice when you see length finally come in.

Thank you!:flowers: I'm actually good I think. Just took my picture and the trimming can wait.:cheer: I gained another bump on my braid, oh yeah.:cheer:

Yep, I missspelled 'whine', what would Freud say about that! :bottomsup:

lapushka
February 1st, 2018, 04:04 PM
Thank you!:flowers: I'm actually good I think. Just took my picture and the trimming can wait.:cheer: I gained another bump on my braid, oh yeah.:cheer:

Yep, I missspelled 'whine', what would Freud say about that! :bottomsup:

That we should raise the glass and take one for the team. ;) :p LOL "gezondheid" (aka to your health).

Dark40
February 1st, 2018, 08:15 PM
I'm joining in! I trimmed of 1cm on January 1st, and I am not going to trim anymore for the rest of the year. The only thing I plan to do is S&D, and keep my bangs. I always love my fringe.:)

lapushka
February 2nd, 2018, 04:16 PM
I'm joining in! I trimmed of 1cm on January 1st, and I am not going to trim anymore for the rest of the year. The only thing I plan to do is S&D, and keep my bangs. I always love my fringe.:)

Yay, welcome! :D

Voqque
February 2nd, 2018, 05:25 PM
I'm joining guys, I hope that's okay. I'm excited for this little challenge, I've never done this before.

amiraaah
February 3rd, 2018, 10:50 AM
i have never done this before,one month passed:disco: if the 5 months went on well.i will not trim in the second half too.

lapushka
February 3rd, 2018, 11:25 AM
I'm joining guys, I hope that's okay. I'm excited for this little challenge, I've never done this before.

i have never done this before,one month passed:disco: if the 5 months went on well.i will not trim in the second half too.

Welcome. If you haven't trimmed past Jan. 1st 2018, you're fine to join!

amiraaah
February 3rd, 2018, 12:35 PM
Welcome. If you haven't trimmed past Jan. 1st 2018, you're fine to join!
the last time i trimmed was on 31 december.

lapushka
February 3rd, 2018, 02:24 PM
the last time i trimmed was on 31th december.

:thumbsup: Perfectly fine amiraaah! Welcome! :D

amiraaah
February 4th, 2018, 01:32 AM
:thumbsup: Perfectly fine amiraaah! Welcome! :D

I am excited,I have never done it before :D I cannot go even 3 monhs without trimming.

queenbee1
February 5th, 2018, 03:02 AM
I need advice. I saw breakage after I flat ironed my hair yesterday. This breakage was from the last 2 inches of my hair and it was more than the usual amount of breakage I have. Should I drop out of this challenge and trim? I was going to micro trim and maintain my hair after this challenge anyway but now I'm confused if I should just start microtrimming now

lapushka
February 5th, 2018, 04:56 AM
I need advice. I saw breakage after I flat ironed my hair yesterday. This breakage was from the last 2 inches of my hair and it was more than the usual amount of breakage I have. Should I drop out of this challenge and trim? I was going to micro trim and maintain my hair after this challenge anyway but now I'm confused if I should just start microtrimming now

Depends. Do you see a lot of white dots in your hair?

I'm not going to tell you how to treat your hair, but straightening often might be a little counterproductive to not trimming... You might lose a lot to breakage, the hair making its very own "trim".

queenbee1
February 5th, 2018, 05:43 AM
Depends. Do you see a lot of white dots in your hair?

I'm not going to tell you how to treat your hair, but straightening often might be a little counterproductive to not trimming... You might lose a lot to breakage, the hair making its very own "trim".

I don't straighten a lot. I get what you're saying but I'm still seeing growth so I don't mind the monthly flat ironing. Thank you for the advice. �� Yes I do see white ends but I've seen a lot more on others. Mine don't concern me a lot.

I'm leaning towards just sticking with my original plan. S&D till July and then chop and maintain :D

lapushka
February 5th, 2018, 07:23 AM
I don't straighten a lot. I get what you're saying but I'm still seeing growth so I don't mind the monthly flat ironing. Thank you for the advice. �� Yes I do see white ends but I've seen a lot more on others. Mine don't concern me a lot.

I'm leaning towards just sticking with my original plan. S&D till July and then chop and maintain :D

Oh, OK. I hope you don't get many more white dots, because those can be tricky. And due to the heat all over your head, they can go quite high up a strand causing possible breakage (I had that happen to me). I don't mean to alarm you, because if you love your straightening, then you just have to do what you like! :flower:

chomsky
February 5th, 2018, 08:06 AM
Going well so far. S&D session was 10 days ago, and fairy knots have not returned yet. Well, I cut one today but that's no big deal. LOL! Excited to see where we'll all be at the end of the challenge! :o

queenbee1
February 6th, 2018, 07:29 AM
Oh, OK. I hope you don't get many more white dots, because those can be tricky. And due to the heat all over your head, they can go quite high up a strand causing possible breakage (I had that happen to me). I don't mean to alarm you, because if you love your straightening, then you just have to do what you like! :flower:

Thank you for the beautiful advice Lapushka ^-^. I'll keep that in mind the next time I straighten

lapushka
February 6th, 2018, 07:53 AM
Thank you for the beautiful advice Lapushka ^-^. I'll keep that in mind the next time I straighten

If it's a monthly thing and you keep the temperature reasonable, I doubt you'll see much damage. I once went ham on the heat and got white dots up to my roots (well a few inches off)! I grew it out to hip and some broke off, but most hung on for dear life. When my mom finally did the S&D at hip, I lost half my thickness up to BSL, that is how much the white dots still hung on, so we cut back to bra strap.

CaranDulin
February 6th, 2018, 11:23 AM
Joining since I've already started doing this! :blossom:

Suze
February 7th, 2018, 08:34 AM
Welcome CaranDulin.:)

I have these thoughts where I think: I might aswell cut my hair because it just look b疆 and then other times I'm like, considering evrything it looks quite good maybe I should let it grow even longer then waist. I think I caught a bad case of LHC-itis. I'm just frustrated with myself and am taking it out on my hair I guess. My poor hair, it has done nothing to deserve this negativity.:lol:

torosaurus
February 7th, 2018, 10:16 AM
I feel like everyone has seen growth in this challenge except me, lol.
I hope by the end of this I will have managed to gain some sort of length.

Suze, I often feel the same way! I look at my hair and I’m like, “look at all these white dots! Look at all these layers in front that need to grow out!” And then I realize my hair doesn’t really look that bad at all, and I’m just frustrated and taking it out on my mane.

I think your hair is really lovely and I can’t wait to see what it looks like in July!

wannabe-rusalka
February 7th, 2018, 03:48 PM
A one stranded knot was eluding me for weeks- last night I finally found it and snipped that sucker off muahahaha :p

lapushka
February 7th, 2018, 03:54 PM

I have these thoughts where I think: I might aswell cut my hair because it just look b疆 and then other times I'm like, considering evrything it looks quite good maybe I should let it grow even longer then waist. I think I caught a bad case of LHC-itis. I'm just frustrated with myself and am taking it out on my hair I guess. My poor hair, it has done nothing to deserve this negativity.:lol:

In any case when that mood strikes, just make sure to come and talk to us first before doing anything drastic! :flower:

Rebeccalaurenxx
February 7th, 2018, 04:27 PM
I havent been doing any length pictures or checks all month. I am going to try and go the whole first half without documenting and over analyzing my length.
I think it will keep me going and make this whole 6 months of no trims, I have been doing intense s&d every 2-3 weeks in place for when I micro trimmed. It helps lots.

Milady_DeWinter
February 7th, 2018, 04:37 PM

Really? But your hair is beautiful, I love all the pics you post, suze! And you've got a great hemlime, that's something I crave for myself :flowers:

As a side note, today I realized that whom I addressed as "the long haired girl" in my class (lovely blonde wavy mane, looks very soft and healthy. Yep I'm a hair stalker) actually has the same lenght than me, WL+, if not 1 inch shorter! Those high waist jeans confused me lol, and the fact that I look at my hair and see it shorter than it is. My hair is really really going places!! :D

Suze
February 8th, 2018, 03:26 AM
I feel like everyone has seen growth in this challenge except me, lol.
I hope by the end of this I will have managed to gain some sort of length.

Suze, I often feel the same way! I look at my hair and I’m like, “look at all these white dots! Look at all these layers in front that need to grow out!” And then I realize my hair doesn’t really look that bad at all, and I’m just frustrated and taking it out on my mane.

I think your hair is really lovely and I can’t wait to see what it looks like in July!

Aww, thank you so much. It's good to know others get these contradicting thoughts too. They are anoying, right?

In any case when that mood strikes, just make sure to come and talk to us first before doing anything drastic! :flower:
Yes, I will. I guess that it is just That I feel really down lately. I need to get over it, lol. And the good thing is: I'm a bit scared to actually do a trim myself. I have to watch lots of tutorials first so when I will be actually ready to trim the urge will have been long gone I think.

Really? But your hair is beautiful, I love all the pics you post, suze! And you've got a great hemlime, that's something I crave for myself :flowers:

As a side note, today I realized that whom I addressed as "the long haired girl" in my class (lovely blonde wavy mane, looks very soft and healthy. Yep I'm a hair stalker) actually has the same lenght than me, WL+, if not 1 inch shorter! Those high waist jeans confused me lol, and the fact that I look at my hair and see it shorter than it is. My hair is really really going places!! :D
Thank you so much!:smooch: I'm having some issues with my scalp again so that might be a factor too. I just need to get into braiding again when the problem settles down and enjoy my hair a bit more.

Your hair is already long!! Well to me it is anyway. And I love your braided styles. They are awesome and look so pretty on you.

Suze
February 8th, 2018, 03:27 AM
A one stranded knot was eluding me for weeks- last night I finally found it and snipped that sucker off muahahaha :p

Bye, bye fairy knot!:lol:

Suze
February 8th, 2018, 03:27 AM
I havent been doing any length pictures or checks all month. I am going to try and go the whole first half without documenting and over analyzing my length.
I think it will keep me going and make this whole 6 months of no trims, I have been doing intense s&d every 2-3 weeks in place for when I micro trimmed. It helps lots.
Sounds like a really good plan!:flower:

lapushka
February 8th, 2018, 06:01 AM
Yes, I will. I guess that it is just That I feel really down lately. I need to get over it, lol. And the good thing is: I'm a bit scared to actually do a trim myself. I have to watch lots of tutorials first so when I will be actually ready to trim the urge will have been long gone I think.

I hope you feel better soon! :flower:

Milady_DeWinter
February 8th, 2018, 06:05 AM
Thank you Suze :flowers: actually I think that we both share the same lenght, despite it might looks longer on me as I must be shorter (I'm 5'5"). I measured last week and I'm at 78'5cm :) waist for me was 73-74cm, and I'll be at hip at 83cm... By the summer :o
I'm happy to grow with you!

Sterlyn
February 8th, 2018, 07:25 AM
Well I'm out.

I'm not sure what happened to my ends, but all of a sudden they turned velcro, and I could hear the snapping when I finger combed through. I tried working through it for a while but nothing I did was helping. Not sure if I just didn't protect them enough from the dry winter air or what, I think I might still have some left over perm on the ends which might have contributed as well. I trimmed about 3/4" maybe a little more (only here could we lament such a thing :p ), ends feel much better.

Hopefully that's it for the rest of the year, I plan to baby those ends because I don't want to have to trim anymore this year. I really want to make it to hip by the end of this year if that's possible. Good luck to the rest of you. :flowers:

shaluwm_agape
February 8th, 2018, 11:12 PM
So i tried some s&d that was a fail hair is still too short. And i also was doing monthly length checks well that stops now cuz i feel i am becoming too obsessed. So no more length checks till july.

wispur
February 8th, 2018, 11:45 PM
Haven't trimmed since December, I'm in it for the Long haul though, no trims for all of 2018. I'm barely at shoulder length so I have a long time before I reach my goal, but I'm excited to see what progress I will make this year. 😊

Suze
February 9th, 2018, 06:08 AM
I hope you feel better soon! :flower:
Thanks! Sorry, I get all needy when I feel down. But the support in this thread and on this forum really helps. Recently got some stupid comments about my hair and they stick around in my head too much.

Thank you Suze :flowers: actually I think that we both share the same lenght, despite it might looks longer on me as I must be shorter (I'm 5'5"). I measured last week and I'm at 78'5cm :) waist for me was 73-74cm, and I'll be at hip at 83cm... By the summer :o
I'm happy to grow with you!
Oh, this is so weird for me because when I see your photo's I always think it looks so long, and it does. But yeah we are at the same length then. I'm 5'8" (1,73m), and waist is about 84cm on me. It is nice to have a growing buddy!:cheer:

If I want a straight hemline it would take ages to 'grow out' my U-shape so I may aswell just keep it. I think bunning etc. woukd be easier with some taper but at the same time I would love it all at one length. I will just see where my hairjourney takes me.

lapushka
February 9th, 2018, 06:47 AM
Well I'm out.

I'm not sure what happened to my ends, but all of a sudden they turned velcro, and I could hear the snapping when I finger combed through. I tried working through it for a while but nothing I did was helping. Not sure if I just didn't protect them enough from the dry winter air or what, I think I might still have some left over perm on the ends which might have contributed as well. I trimmed about 3/4" maybe a little more (only here could we lament such a thing :p ), ends feel much better.

Hopefully that's it for the rest of the year, I plan to baby those ends because I don't want to have to trim anymore this year. I really want to make it to hip by the end of this year if that's possible. Good luck to the rest of you. :flowers:

Thank you & I'm sorry to hear that. You can still join the second half! :flower:

Haven't trimmed since December, I'm in it for the Long haul though, no trims for all of 2018. I'm barely at shoulder length so I have a long time before I reach my goal, but I'm excited to see what progress I will make this year. ��

Good luck to you! :)

Thanks! Sorry, I get all needy when I feel down. But the support in this thread and on this forum really helps. Recently got some stupid comments about my hair and they stick around in my head too much.

That's totally OK. Don't worry about it!!!