PDA

View Full Version : No-trimming 2018!

Pages : [1] 2 3

lapushka
June 27th, 2017, 09:07 AM
The early bird gets the worm. ;) Thought I might start this one already for everyone that has big plans for the future! :D

For this challenge, you need to trim at the latest January 1st 2018. No other trims are allowed during the calendar year for you to be part of this challenge.

If you want to no-trim for shorter periods of time during the year, then the "no-trimming club" is a better place for you:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132

Welcome, and "happy growing"!

Here's some easy guidelines for you:

You may maintain bangs.
You may not cut them in.
You may S&D
You may not trim.

If you'd like to take a look at the past challenge!

No-trimming 2017!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=139906

Next year's, no-trimming 2019!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=144014

If you are wanting to trim, please do so from:
January 1st through to January 5th!

likelikepenny
June 27th, 2017, 09:37 AM
Wow Lapushka, I'm so excited for No Trim 2018 but I'm debating whether I want to grow out layers at a short length or just not trim and continue growing. Decisions, decisions :ponder:

Aredhel
June 27th, 2017, 09:57 AM
At first my goal was to put off trims for 2017 only, but now I might be considering 2018 too just so I can power-grow to classic, then thigh.... :p Decisions, indeed!!:o

Jo Ann
June 27th, 2017, 11:15 AM
Wow...that must be some worm! :shocked:

I'm in! :p

Kat-Rinnè Naido
June 27th, 2017, 11:34 AM
I'm in.

It has been 13 months since my last big chop. My hair is healthier than it has ever been in a long long time and I need the length.

Dendra
June 27th, 2017, 12:07 PM
Oooh, maybe this is the place for me. If I bow out of the no trimming in the second half of 2017 challenge then I might be back to subscribe :D

Rebeccalaurenxx
June 27th, 2017, 12:22 PM
I think im going to join this.. im sure by the time January rolls around my hair routine will be perfected!

Ondine11
June 27th, 2017, 02:03 PM
I AM SO IN!!! The no trim for the 2nd half of 2017 challenge begins in a few days, so, by the time it ends, I'll trim my ends, if need be, & begin anew for the long haul. Gotta get psyched up!!

Corvana
June 27th, 2017, 05:43 PM
I'm gonna be in for now! I'll be using the second half of 2017 as my test haha.

Kitty-Zen
June 27th, 2017, 08:00 PM
Im in! My last trim actually in 2016 when i tapered my blunt hime cut layers (which had already gotten quite fairytailed) into a U hemline. I might be a no trim for lifer ;)

Garnetgem
June 27th, 2017, 08:36 PM
I'm in here too cannot wait to go another year with no trimming.. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
June 27th, 2017, 08:39 PM
I probably won't join here, I plan on some trimming for next year :) But best of growing vibes to all you non-trimmers:D

papayatree
June 27th, 2017, 08:41 PM
Not sure If I will do this or not. Probably will. Here we go!

Andthetalltrees
June 27th, 2017, 10:21 PM
I'm in! My hair seems to be loving not being trimmed, and next year I expect to be hitting waist at some point as it's only 5 inches away :pray: . I'm really curious how long I can go without trims

Simsy
June 28th, 2017, 03:54 AM
I'm tempted to join in. I'll see what the mane looks like in another 3 months and make a decision.

lapushka
June 28th, 2017, 06:12 AM
I haven't talked about what I would do yet. LOL.

I will do a whole year in 2017, then see where I'm at. Trim? Not trim? We'll see what I'll do right before this next year. If I'm just TBL, then I will commit to another year, for sure. I want to reach classic once again! Or, at least between TBL & classic. We'll see how fast it wants to grow. ;)

MajesticEmily
June 28th, 2017, 01:20 PM
I'm in! The last time I have trimmed was back in November 2016. I get pretty lazy, clearly. In November 2016 it wasn't even a trim, it was a big chop from CBL to a pixie cut, and since then I've been able to grow out to SL. I'm able to do this easily, haha.

Siveda
June 30th, 2017, 12:00 PM
With all my excitement about growing my long hair back, I want to join immediately, but let's rethink for a moment... My last cut was 3 months ago. I can never really go too long without trims because my hair thins out so easily. I think it is already quite the challenge to see for this year how long I can go without trimming. I'm hoping till December... if so, I'll cut then, and try to join for 2018! I'll come back when I made my final decision.

So far so good, still no split ends after 3 months. This might not seem a long time by LHC standards XD but my hair was not in the best condition. I'm pampering it a lot. Hope this continues to work.

wo
June 30th, 2017, 12:18 PM
I'm in! 😀 Last trim was July 2015.

Aliyah3
June 30th, 2017, 12:23 PM
I'll join! I will probably do a quarter-inch trim in December to get rid of any split ends, and then ill take the challenge of no-trims for 2018. I only started growing my hair this past March, but it's growing nicely so far, I've noticed a huge change in my hair growth this last month particularly, when I went two weeks without washing my hair o_o it was so oily, but the natural oils did something amazing to the growth...

Blaithin
June 30th, 2017, 12:24 PM
I'm game for this!

Seems to be long lengths of time between trims anyway although I never really remember how long. This way I'll mark it down and know for sure! (Although I can't remember when my last one was....)

terebinth
June 30th, 2017, 04:10 PM
I'm in for this! I think I'm going to teach myself to snip split ends, and that'll be it! I've got 18" to go before I hit classic length. My last trim was last month. I'm excited to watch my hair grow and grow!! :heartbeat :heartbeat

lapushka
June 30th, 2017, 04:15 PM
I'm in for this! I think I'm going to teach myself to snip split ends, and that'll be it! I've got 18" to go before I hit classic length. My last trim was last month. I'm excited to watch my hair grow and grow!! :heartbeat :heartbeat

That's the spirit, plus you got half a year to prep for no-trimming. :)

willowkisses
June 30th, 2017, 04:16 PM
Gonna join this! hopefully be december my hair will be at a good spot to go through with growing it all of 2018 with no hiccups with dye or trims so gonna commit to this!!

terebinth
June 30th, 2017, 04:26 PM
That's the spirit, plus you got half a year to prep for no-trimming. :)

What would you say is the best prep for no-trim? :D

lapushka
June 30th, 2017, 04:37 PM
What would you say is the best prep for no-trim? :D

That depends on your own hair. You say you have a bit of bleach damage, so I'd stick to a routine of silicones and regular shampoos; but since you have already ordered the shampoo bars... I don't know. My motto is this, it's about what your hair wants, not about what you want for your hair. You might want to go natural, whereas the hair and the bleach damage might really benefit from silicones and regular products (hence what your hair wants). You'll have to experiment with that a bit. You might have to put the shampoo bars on hold a bit until your hair is all virgin, but it might very well also be a good thing. YMMV (your mileage may vary).

Good luck, with whatever routine you go with and stick to! Because that's the most important. :flower:

terebinth
June 30th, 2017, 04:40 PM
That depends on your own hair. You say you have a bit of bleach damage, so I'd stick to a routine of silicones and regular shampoos; but since you have already ordered the shampoo bars... I don't know. My motto is this, it's about what your hair wants, not about what you want for your hair. You might want to go natural, whereas the hair and the bleach damage might really benefit from silicones and regular products (hence what your hair wants). You'll have to experiment with that a bit. You might have to put the shampoo bars on hold a bit until your hair is all virgin, but it might very well also be a good thing. YMMV (your mileage may vary).

Good luck, with whatever routine you go with and stick to! Because that's the most important. :flower:

I only got one bar, and I still have other products too. I'm going to be experimenting and see what works best! I just wasn't sure if there was anything specific to do to it in prep for an entire year of no-trimming. Thank you so much!! :heartbeat :heartbeat

pandabarrier
July 1st, 2017, 11:44 AM
Oh big plans for the future here I go!
I'm still in the no-trimming 2017 might as well join the no-trimming 2018!
My hemline is looking weird, but I rarely wear my hair down outside my house, my braid tassel looks strange, but it doesn't bother me.
I just have to remind myself to trim at the latest on January 1st 2018, just one inch at most. :wink:

Joyful Mystery
July 1st, 2017, 03:08 PM
I'm in! A small trim in December and then I'll be good to go for another year.

Melisandre
July 2nd, 2017, 12:07 PM
Yes! I'm in! I'll hopefully be at CBL by the end of the year, that means: proper protective updos!
And I'm currently finding a no-poo/herbal routine (tomorrow is my first Chagrin Valley soap wash! :cheer:) so that will give me six months to perfect a routine that is beneficial for growth and protection.

Eastbound&Down
July 2nd, 2017, 12:34 PM
I'm in! I'm doing 2017, and don't plan on trimming any time soon so I can get back to hip. Might as well go another year.

AndreaNOR
July 3rd, 2017, 04:56 AM
I think I wanna try this! I have some bleach damage I need to get rid of, but after that it should be possible

Coucouvaya
July 5th, 2017, 09:26 AM
I am in too, can't wait to see the results when 2019 arrives, it will be my first time not cutting my hair for so long. Hope I will finally have the long hair I always dreamt! :pray:

theholydonut
July 6th, 2017, 09:20 AM
I am definitely in for this. I think I will do one trim for the end of the year (I have many layers in my gair right now) just to even it out, and then do all of 2018 with no trimming.

I'm excited!

Cherriezzzzz
July 6th, 2017, 12:09 PM
I'm in too! I've done the first half of 2017 and am in the middle of 2017 second half of the no trim challenge... and can I just admit here it's sometimes quite the challenge! My goal is no trims till my hair is tbl @ 36 inches. I've about 10 more inches to grow, so that means no trims next year I'm sure. And even if it goes a little past my goal length in 2018, that's fine. I'll just plan a birthday haircut (bday is in January!) in 2019 back to 36 inches. Thank you Lapuska for this thread!

lapushka
July 6th, 2017, 01:54 PM
I'm in too! I've done the first half of 2017 and am in the middle of 2017 second half of the no trim challenge... and can I just admit here it's sometimes quite the challenge! My goal is no trims till my hair is tbl @ 36 inches. I've about 10 more inches to grow, so that means no trims next year I'm sure. And even if it goes a little past my goal length in 2018, that's fine. I'll just plan a birthday haircut (bday is in January!) in 2019 back to 36 inches. Thank you Lapuska for this thread!

You're welcome Cherriezzzzz! :) I'm glad I started the thread this early. Past years I've waited until September or thereabouts. :flower:

hayheadsbird
July 7th, 2017, 08:58 AM
I'm in. I cut a fringe a few months ago which put me out of the whole 2017 challenge, and did a dusting for starting the second half which would have been the first trim in a couple of years, so I should be good for another 18 months!

Cherriezzzzz
July 7th, 2017, 11:06 AM
You're welcome Cherriezzzzz! :) I'm glad I started the thread this early. Past years I've waited until September or thereabouts. :flower:

You know it just really sets it in my mind to not cut in general too. I'm new to LHC and hence new to the idea of just letting it be and letting it get long. Idk why this is such a difficult thing to wrap my mind around! But it's helped my mindset tremendously. I'm growing my hair. Period. And truly I've no real reason to trim. I just don't get split ends. I do get the single strand knots. But they're rare and start to happen (I've recently found out from the past no trim challenge) after 6months. Now that I'm oiling, washing less frequently, not using any heat, and using very gentle hair cleansers I wonder if I will see them again?

likelikepenny
July 7th, 2017, 12:12 PM
You know it just really sets it in my mind to not cut in general too. I'm new to LHC and hence new to the idea of just letting it be and letting it get long. Idk why this is such a difficult thing to wrap my mind around! But it's helped my mindset tremendously. I'm growing my hair. Period. And truly I've no real reason to trim. I just don't get split ends. I do get the single strand knots. But they're rare and start to happen (I've recently found out from the past no trim challenge) after 6months. Now that I'm oiling, washing less frequently, not using any heat, and using very gentle hair cleansers I wonder if I will see them again?

I don't get splits either but SSk as I have curly hair. I usually just search and destroy them out.

gthlvrmx
July 23rd, 2017, 08:43 PM
I am in again :) Of course! If it isn't broken, why fix it? So just grow it.

Dark40
July 23rd, 2017, 08:53 PM
I'm in! I haven't had a trim since November of 2016. I only trim when and where ever it's needed. The ends of my hair are always in the top best health! At the end of next year I'm hoping to reach Classic Length.

Ankjo
July 24th, 2017, 12:01 PM
I'm in! I last trimmed my hair in May and I'm planning to trim it on the 1st of January 2018 and do the challenge.
I think it will be a piece of cake. :D

radiofreejenn
July 24th, 2017, 12:15 PM
My last trim was March and my hairdresser who cuts my kids hair said my hair is growing out nicely so I can skip trims and she wouldn't be offended haha.

ErinEM
July 24th, 2017, 01:24 PM
Count me in! I last trimmed my hair sometime in February/March, and now I'm trying not to trim (just S&D) for the rest of this year. I'll see how that goes. My hair gets very wispy near the end pretty easily, so it may not be feasible for me to grow without trimming. But. Fingers crossed I'll be able to do this challenge in 2018!

hannabiss
July 25th, 2017, 02:59 PM
Im in. Since reshaving my head i wont need to trim for at least 2 years. Possibly longer. I recently bought my first 2 wigs and think Im hooked. So my hair my find itself safely braided under a wig cap once its long enough to braid. So Im definitely in for 2018 and 2019.

lapushka
July 25th, 2017, 03:27 PM
I'm in! I haven't had a trim since November of 2016. I only trim when and where ever it's needed. The ends of my hair are always in the top best health! At the end of next year I'm hoping to reach Classic Length.

My last trim was November 2016 as well! :cheer:

I don't know yet whether I'll trim between the challenges; we'll see.

Ondine11
July 25th, 2017, 03:43 PM
MY last trim was at the end of June, since I've signed up for the 'no trimming for the 2nd half of 2017' challenge. The challenge is inspiring me to go easy on the heat usage, & baby my ends. All told, by the time 2017 ends, & I give the ends a light dusting, I should be good for the entirety of 2018.

gthlvrmx
July 25th, 2017, 05:47 PM

I shaved my hair off to bald in November as well, but in 2013! I have only done S&D since then.

JennyPenny
July 28th, 2017, 12:31 AM
I'm in! I haven't had a trim this year, but I just decided to have bangs cut in. So while I'm out of the no trimming for the second half of 2017, I will be good to go for next year.

lapushka
July 28th, 2017, 03:01 AM
I shaved my hair off to bald in November as well, but in 2013! I have only done S&D since then.

That is amazing. That's 4 years of growth (look at me stating the obvious here LOL)! :)

colibri
July 28th, 2017, 05:11 AM
I`m in.I last trimmed my hair in june 2017 and i plan to trim again in December so i can get rid of most of my layers.

Chocowalnut
July 28th, 2017, 06:16 AM
I'm in. My ends are pretty healthy now, only have like 1% non-virgin hair left. I'll go 2018 without trimming and hopefully finally reach waist by the end of the year.

lapushka
July 28th, 2017, 06:40 AM
Thanks for joining you guys. :) :thumbsup:

vpatt
July 28th, 2017, 06:45 AM
I'm very tempted! I will have to decide by December. I haven't trimmed since this past January. I had thought I would micro trim after this year as I know I have some splits, I just cannot tell how bad they are. I have not tried S&D as I'm afraid of thinning my ends even more. But perhaps I'll try it. Decisions.......

blondyhead
July 28th, 2017, 06:49 AM
I'm in too. My hair has just hit waist, it is not solidly at waist yet but measures 30 inches. I will be cutting maybe an inch or two off before the challenge starts as I do have split ends due to old box dye still on the ends!

lapushka
July 28th, 2017, 06:51 AM
I'm very tempted! I will have to decide by December. I haven't trimmed since this past January. I had thought I would micro trim after this year as I know I have some splits, I just cannot tell how bad they are. I have not tried S&D as I'm afraid of thinning my ends even more. But perhaps I'll try it. Decisions.......

You have time! ;)

I'm in too. My hair has just hit waist, it is not solidly at waist yet but measures 30 inches. I will be cutting maybe an inch or two off before the challenge starts as I do have split ends due to old box dye still on the ends!

Welcome to this thread. :)

Shanawavy
July 29th, 2017, 03:35 AM
I am in, thank you for the thread, I want to be APL by May 2018, layers and all, and will only be able to do this if I keep growing without any trims.

Renora25
August 3rd, 2017, 07:29 AM
I am currently in the no-trimming for the second half of 2017. If my hair doesn't mind benign neglect, I think I would like to join in for this too! Though I might have a little trim at the end of december/early january to take out some of the damage.

lapushka
August 3rd, 2017, 08:56 AM
I am currently in the no-trimming for the second half of 2017. If my hair doesn't mind benign neglect, I think I would like to join in for this too! Though I might have a little trim at the end of december/early january to take out some of the damage.

You *can* trim between years, that's perfectly all right. As long as you don't do anything during the calendar years each time. Good luck!!! :D

Dark40
August 3rd, 2017, 04:19 PM

Yeah, I know whatcha mean!!:knit:

I'm not sure if I will even trim come January 1st. I will trim it is needed. Yeah, I feel the same way too about trimming between the challenges. We'll see is right.

my2cats1
August 5th, 2017, 08:49 AM
Hi, everyone! I've been away from LHC a few years and have recently begun to spend time here again. Glad to see it's still the same warm, friendly, helpful community!

The longest I've had my hair is mid-back length, and it's currently at chin. I thought chin would be easier to have during a hectic period of my life (grad school, work, general life craziness) but wow was I wrong. I miss being able to put it in a pony tail or bun. I just don't feel like "me," almost like if I've been forced to wear scratchy clothing that doesn't fit. That sense of having "not me hair" is distracting and disappointing. So yes, I am quite eager to let it grow!

Reading this thread has made me aware of how much I bought into the idea that we all have to trim our hair regularly. It's a revolutionary concept to people raised on salons. It's been three months sicne my last trim, and I've noticed that I've become a bit worried about it as it grows out. It's taking on a different shape, I have some "racer" hairs. But when I look closely, I don't see splits....all it healthy, all is ok, this is just my hair doing it's thing. Like I said, not trimming is a revolutionary concept for some. It wil take me a while to get used to.

I've ordered Panacea from Nightblooming (which helped me grow my hair last time), and I still have my trusty satin pillowcase and seamless comb. I wash 3 or 4 times a week but will try to stretch that a bit. I've been exercising, sleeping, avoiding heat styling and chemical prcesses, and getting lots of nutrition in a daily smoothie and multivitamin. I think I'm set! I'll have my layers shaped up once more this fall (right now my head is shaped like a giant lightbulb. Not a good look.) and then I'll be set for the No Trim 2018 Challenge! I'm excited!

lapushka
August 5th, 2017, 09:00 AM
Welcome, and it's still enough time to prepare for this challenge, so if you are really bothered by the shape of your hair, you could always trim before this challenge. I won't give you ideas. ;) If it's fine and you've just got a few racers, I wouldn't worry at all. :D

MoonRabbit
August 5th, 2017, 09:36 AM
Oh boy, I'll have to make my decision in December. I usually dust every 4 months, and I have no idea how my hair will act if I don't trim for a year. Yet I am very curious to find out!

Renora25
August 11th, 2017, 08:43 PM
Hi, everyone! I've been away from LHC a few years and have recently begun to spend time here again. Glad to see it's still the same warm, friendly, helpful community!

The longest I've had my hair is mid-back length, and it's currently at chin. I thought chin would be easier to have during a hectic period of my life (grad school, work, general life craziness) but wow was I wrong. I miss being able to put it in a pony tail or bun. I just don't feel like "me," almost like if I've been forced to wear scratchy clothing that doesn't fit. That sense of having "not me hair" is distracting and disappointing. So yes, I am quite eager to let it grow!

I felt the same way when I chopped mine about a year and a half ago from BSL. I am excited to be growing with everyone!

Reyn127
August 12th, 2017, 10:16 PM
I'm definitely in! My ends are doing fine so far with just S&D, and I don't really mind the fairytailing.... I don't think I'll trim on January 1st either, I will probably just keep going.

blondyhead
August 16th, 2017, 04:48 AM
I got my sister to chop off about an inch 1/2 from my ends yesterday, my hair length was 30 inches now it is 28 1/2, so that will be my last cut from now. Just curious can we S&D or would that be cheating?

bunzfan
August 16th, 2017, 05:27 AM
Let's see how long I last last cut in April ,previously I did nine months as I wanted to see how much it would grow in pregnancy.

katydid317
August 16th, 2017, 07:23 AM
I'm in! I just had my husband cut about an inch off last month so I should be good for awhile. I don't usually trim my hair but I always end up geting it cut once a year and I cut back a few inches. I'm going to see what it looks like in December and maybe do a micro trim just before the challenge starts

SnowDancer
August 16th, 2017, 01:14 PM
I'll probably do a trim Jan 1st once the no trim 2017 (second half) is over. And then I'll be joining you ladies on this one.
Super excited for the length.

fhairyqueen
August 18th, 2017, 02:39 PM
I'm in. I'm cutting out all my bleaching damage by December 31st 2017 so I don't get tempted to trim next year
I have between now and December 31st to slowly trim myself up in preparation :)
I will be taking progress photos each month and fingers crossed by December 31st 2018 my hair will be in much better condition if I care for it
I also quit heat styling tools a couple of months ago and have actually seen it through. I usually can't go without hair drying but I'm doing ok just dreading the winter months not sure how to cope with air drying in winter yet

- Lizzy -
August 18th, 2017, 02:54 PM
I may do this! My last trim was in march (A micro-trim which I do myself) and I haven't felt the need to yet.

lapushka
August 18th, 2017, 03:55 PM
I got my sister to chop off about an inch 1/2 from my ends yesterday, my hair length was 30 inches now it is 28 1/2, so that will be my last cut from now. Just curious can we S&D or would that be cheating?

Check out the first post for an awesome rhyme. ;) Yes, you can S&D.

lapushka
August 18th, 2017, 03:58 PM
I'm in. I'm cutting out all my bleaching damage by December 31st 2017 so I don't get tempted to trim next year
I have between now and December 31st to slowly trim myself up in preparation :)
I will be taking progress photos each month and fingers crossed by December 31st 2018 my hair will be in much better condition if I care for it
I also quit heat styling tools a couple of months ago and have actually seen it through. I usually can't go without hair drying but I'm doing ok just dreading the winter months not sure how to cope with air drying in winter yet

A blowdryer is allowed, provided you use it the way it's supposed to be used (cool/warm setting). The general rule is, if you can hold your hand (or a more sensitive bit of your body) in the airstream for a long time (as some dryers can heat up) without it burning, then the temperature is OK to use on the hair - it *will not* cause damage! If your hair is already brittle and damaged it normally shouldn't cause additional damage, but do be careful. I would blowdry in winter!

Stray_mind
August 20th, 2017, 04:14 AM
I'm in! I decided to not trim my hair till January 1st 2018 anyway, so i'll get my trim about that time and then won't trim for the rest of the year. :)

lapushka
August 22nd, 2017, 05:20 AM
I'm in! I decided to not trim my hair till January 1st 2018 anyway, so i'll get my trim about that time and then won't trim for the rest of the year. :)

Welcome! :D Happy growing to you! It'll go fast, I'm sure. You can always tell progress really quickly on shorter hair, and a bob like cut will be a breeze to grow out.

triumphator!
August 22nd, 2017, 07:56 AM
I will join! I am still standing strong from the 2017 challenge :D

Jas
August 22nd, 2017, 08:05 AM
I think I'll join! I joined no trimming second half of 2017 and it's been so difficult but definitely worth it, it's finally growing again! My hair is currently at hip, will probably give it a micro trim in December then will force myself to let it grow all 2018 :D

Stray_mind
August 22nd, 2017, 08:12 AM
Welcome! :D Happy growing to you! It'll go fast, I'm sure. You can always tell progress really quickly on shorter hair, and a bob like cut will be a breeze to grow out.

Thank you! I hope it will grow out fast, my hair grows pretty fast in general, but all of my hair strands are different lenghts basically, so it will take a lot of patience to grow it all out without big trims. :D

HairPlease
August 22nd, 2017, 08:45 AM
I need to join this, or I will end up hacking the longest layers off in May. :lol: I must resist. I don't actually want to even up my lengths until I'm at least APL.

potsie
September 3rd, 2017, 08:40 PM
i am so excited for this, i can't wait to begin!!

vpatt
September 4th, 2017, 05:33 AM
I have decided for the sake of my hair I must micro trim during the next year. But possibly I can do a challenge for 2019.

pandabarrier
September 10th, 2017, 02:38 PM
Oh big plans for the future here I go!
I'm still in the no-trimming 2017 might as well join the no-trimming 2018!
My hemline is looking weird, but I rarely wear my hair down outside my house, my braid tassel looks strange, but it doesn't bother me.
I just have to remind myself to trim at the latest on January 1st 2018, just one inch at most. :wink:

I'm out of the no-trimming 2018. I'll still stay in the 2017 challenge, hopefully get close to TBL, then I plan to micro-trim in 2018 to thicken my hemline.

lapushka
September 10th, 2017, 03:59 PM
I'm out of the no-trimming 2018. I'll still stay in the 2017 challenge, hopefully get close to TBL, then I plan to micro-trim in 2018 to thicken my hemline.

That is also a good plan! Good luck with the 2017 one! :D

pandabarrier
September 10th, 2017, 04:07 PM
That is also a good plan! Good luck with the 2017 one! :D

Thanks lapushka! :)

MamaSwanky
September 15th, 2017, 07:43 PM
Can someone point me to some information about not trimming? I'm sure there's a thread out there discussing the benefits and how to maximize a no trim challenge. I want to join, but I also wonder what's the best way to maximize good results from a no trim period.

Ulessa
September 16th, 2017, 12:27 AM
I'm in, I so desperately want to grow out my fringe anyway but keep cutting it back :pray:

my2cats1
September 16th, 2017, 07:51 AM
I'm getting excited about this challenge. I have an appointment for a final trim on Nov 10, 2017, and after that.... to the 2018 challenge I go! I'll hit SL in a few months, so it's just now getting long enough to start some protective updos. I hope to reach APL by the end of 2018.

lapushka
September 16th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Can someone point me to some information about not trimming? I'm sure there's a thread out there discussing the benefits and how to maximize a no trim challenge. I want to join, but I also wonder what's the best way to maximize good results from a no trim period.

I don't think there's such info around. You basically just "let it go" and stop trimming. :)

triumphator!
September 16th, 2017, 11:45 AM

I don't think there's such info around. You basically just "let it go" and stop trimming. :)

Agreed - basically just wear protective styles as much as possible to keep your ends intact, avoid heat styling, and make sure you keep it all moisturized.

my2cats1
September 16th, 2017, 01:15 PM

I think it comes down to doing whatever it takes to avoid or minimize split ends, so you're not tempted to do a full trim (beyond "search and destroy" the occasional split up as you see it). Oiling the ends, keeping them in protected updos, sleeping on a satin or silk pillowcase, and eliminating heat and chemicals all help. It's about mindet, too, I think -- reframing how you see an uneven hemline with some "racer" hairs growing faster than the rest. If the ends are not split, why trim? who cares if the hemline isn't even? That's a new idea for many of us who are used to getting trims regularly.

Rebeccalaurenxx
September 16th, 2017, 08:01 PM
Count me in! I last trimmed my hair sometime in February/March, and now I'm trying not to trim (just S&D) for the rest of this year. I'll see how that goes. My hair gets very wispy near the end pretty easily, so it may not be feasible for me to grow without trimming. But. Fingers crossed I'll be able to do this challenge in 2018!

You could always do what I plan on doing: Im going to micro trim the rest of the year this year and then let it go when 2018 rolls around. By the time jan. rolls around, I know that my hair will be ready because I take off 1/4" to 1/2" each month, which is a bit much but it gets EVERYTHING out. If you cant make it, theres usually a 6 month forum somewhere so if I cant do a full year I do that and then I have micro trim periods at the end of the year (the last 6 months) this is when, I usually take either 1/4" or 1/2" each month. I have reduced my taper almost fully in the last year and my hair looks thicker and healthier this way sometimes.

I mean its hard. I cannot extend my no trim challenge or maximize results because as it turns out my hair really does not enjoy not trimming.
Some hair just doesnt fare as well as others hair.. YMMV type of situation.

Reyn127
September 17th, 2017, 02:45 PM
MamaSwanky, really the only written out guidelines are those that lapushka outlined at the start of this thread: more or less, don't cut any portion of length (besides maintaining bangs, if you wish), but you my Search and Destroy individual damaged hairs. The rest of it is just taking care of your hair as it grows - conditioning, treating the ends nicely, or whatever you want to keep you hair from needing a full on trim.

Trollkona
September 23rd, 2017, 03:24 PM
I'm in! I will probably not trim for the rest of 2017 and I really want to grow out my side bangs that is at chin length right now. I really miss my waistlength hair that I had some years ago and need to just let it grow and get pampered

bluebellGA
October 1st, 2017, 12:27 PM
I'm in! I just hit hip and can get to TB by the end of 2018 if I don't trim. I'll just baby the ends and keep it in updos. I'm hoping that if I learn how to do a few new styles it will keep me from getting bored with my hair.

LadyCelestina
October 1st, 2017, 01:40 PM
I think I might join, I'll see in December, but I will definitely trim at the beginning of this challenge.

I haven't joined the No Trimming for 2nd half of 2017 challenge, because my last trim was on 4th of July and you needed to trim on 1st of July at the latest. The trim was a disaster. I couldn't get the hemline straight and had to even it up while wet, which required aggresive (for me) brushing with TT. I also ended up cutting off a lot more than I wanted to. Needless to say I reaaally don't want to trim my hair again :D

My new plan for avoiding trimming disasters but still getting rid of dye is learning to do curl-by-curl trims and doing them infrequently, so that I don't cut off all my growth if make a mistake and have to even things up.

Right now my hemline is looking quite good... but I have some split ends at shorter lengths and get itchings to trim. I do know though that a trim won't solve them :D so I'm fighting against the urges and sticking to S&D.

lapushka
October 1st, 2017, 02:21 PM
Right now my hemline is looking quite good... but I have some split ends at shorter lengths and get itchings to trim. I do know though that a trim won't solve them :D so I'm fighting against the urges and sticking to S&D.

There you go! It's fun to join a challenge, and you can get so much growth out of it!!! Good luck! :)

Andthetalltrees
October 1st, 2017, 02:31 PM
I "accidentally" trimmed in September, But I think I'm still on board for 2018 because my hair really doesn't need trims often, S&D is enough for the split ends. I expect to hit waist by the beginning of the year, Spring at the latest. I also expect to hit hip at some point, I know my hair grows fast but I think tailbone might be stretching it. It's really exciting to think in 2018 I'll be hitting real "long hair" milestones :happydance: . I can dream in 2019 I'll be close to the longest my hair has ever been, Right? :D

megthehennahead
October 1st, 2017, 09:35 PM
I'm in! I haven't trimmed since mid-January 2017 and so far so good!

_anya
October 1st, 2017, 10:36 PM
I want to join but I may need to micro-trim / search and destroy periodically as I'm stil growing out layers and an old fringe... I'm assuming that doing so would eliminate me from joining up? :confused:
However, I'm contemplating trimming for a November wedding, so perhaps that will help set my hair straight for 2018. Hmm. Decisions decisions (and pardon my babbling out loud :p ).
I haven't trimmed since April 2017 (yay) and looking at pictures from then and now (Oct 2017), I notice my hair has grown quite a lot and it actually seems to have benefited greatly from not being sheared! :p

Corvana
October 1st, 2017, 11:11 PM
: pushes glasses up: According to my calculations if I continue to not trim I'll hit hip by the end of next year.

Dendra
October 2nd, 2017, 03:58 AM
: pushes glasses up: According to my calculations if I continue to not trim I'll hit hip by the end of next year.

Wow, hip, really? That would be some major growth in one year! Go for it :flower:

I am interested in joining but I think I may just go for the first half/second half of the year challenge...and only if I do a proper trim to even my hem first.

lapushka
October 2nd, 2017, 05:19 AM
I want to join but I may need to micro-trim / search and destroy periodically as I'm stil growing out layers and an old fringe... I'm assuming that doing so would eliminate me from joining up? :confused:
However, I'm contemplating trimming for a November wedding, so perhaps that will help set my hair straight for 2018. Hmm. Decisions decisions (and pardon my babbling out loud :p ).
I haven't trimmed since April 2017 (yay) and looking at pictures from then and now (Oct 2017), I notice my hair has grown quite a lot and it actually seems to have benefited greatly from not being sheared! :p

No you can't microtrim while on this challenge. What you can't and can do is in the first message of this thread. HTH.

If you haven't trimmed since April and aren't going to until December, then you are in the 2017, second half challenge (I also split the years up and there's separate threads for that too).

OhSuzi
October 2nd, 2017, 05:21 AM
Did my first ever no trim for a year jul 16 - Aug 2017.
Very effective! from pixie to just beyond shoulder. There were times when I loved it & times when I was itching to get a cut! Barely any split ends throughout that time though & I will never go back to regular expensive hair dresser trims now I know hair can just grow healthy if you leave well alone.

Had my cut in Aug to even out all the different layers now mid neck / tickling shoulders.
Will not be trimming from now until at least Aug 2018 - but depending on the condition by that time I may just push on through the whole of 2018 with no trims.

If you use your hand to make a mime telephone shape, the span from the tip of my thumb to pinky is roughly how long my hair grew, so bout 7 - 8 ins. If it continues in that fashion, armpit length by this time next year and finally I will have broken my own personal hair length barrier - I will celebrate with sparklers & bottle of something fizzy with a cork that goes pop!

I'm loving the Viking style with tight side plaits and a faux hawk - it'll be terribly unfashionable by the time my hair gets there - but I'll be doing it any way!!!

Joyful Mystery
October 2nd, 2017, 08:36 AM
I'm looking forward to this! Just 3 more months to go! I've decided I'm not trimming after the '17 challenge. I will trim between the '18 and '19 challenges though.

lapushka
October 2nd, 2017, 08:53 AM
I'm looking forward to this! Just 3 more months to go! I've decided I'm not trimming after the '17 challenge. I will trim between the '18 and '19 challenges though.

Not trimming after 2017 either, but I might trim between '18 & '19 as well (as it may or may not have gotten a tinge too long for me then).

We have that in common. :happydance:

Joyful Mystery
October 2nd, 2017, 09:15 AM
Not trimming after 2017 either, but I might trim between '18 & '19 as well (as it may or may not have gotten a tinge too long for me then).

We have that in common. :happydance:

My hair might be able to go 3 years without trims, but I don't think I'd be comfortable with trying it. I don't know. But two years... I think so!

It's so much fun to think about the progress I've made since last December and where I'll be at when this challenge is over! :bounce:

lapushka
October 2nd, 2017, 04:16 PM
My hair might be able to go 3 years without trims, but I don't think I'd be comfortable with trying it. I don't know. But two years... I think so!

It's so much fun to think about the progress I've made since last December and where I'll be at when this challenge is over! :bounce:

I'm rooting for you! :thumbsup:

Corvana
October 2nd, 2017, 05:56 PM
Wow, hip, really? That would be some major growth in one year! Go for it :flower:

I am interested in joining but I think I may just go for the first half/second half of the year challenge...and only if I do a proper trim to even my hem first.

Well, like 15 months, but yeah! According to my spreadsheet that I always think is super wrong, so who really knows! It's only like a foot according to my milestone measurements (which I really need to remember to make my husband remeasure for me). But it seems close to correct, since even though I'm not tall, I'm more leg than torso.

My growth is currently averaged at .8" a month, so a smidge more than the average.

Dendra
October 3rd, 2017, 03:20 AM
Well, like 15 months, but yeah! According to my spreadsheet that I always think is super wrong, so who really knows! It's only like a foot according to my milestone measurements (which I really need to remember to make my husband remeasure for me). But it seems close to correct, since even though I'm not tall, I'm more leg than torso.

My growth is currently averaged at .8" a month, so a smidge more than the average.

That's awesome! I mean, having an above average growth rate and being more leg that torso. I believe your spreadsheet in that case :)

amiraaah
October 3rd, 2017, 04:33 AM
I'm in according to my measurements hip is 33.5 inches on me so I expect reaching hip at the end of the year I will have a trim in 1st January :cheer:

Stray_mind
October 6th, 2017, 11:31 AM
I think if i do this i will be a couple of inches away from APL next year. I should hit shoulder by the end of spring with my growth rate.

lulikrueger
October 7th, 2017, 09:57 AM
I'm holding (somewhat)strong no-trim 2017, and I'm thinking about doing it again, but I'm still not sure. I'll trim a few cms in december but I'll probably still be at hip by january. My mini goal is around tailbone now(keeping a thick hemline), but, oh, the feeling of fresh ends... I might partake in the half challenges, not sure yet.

lapushka
October 8th, 2017, 04:13 PM
I'm holding (somewhat)strong no-trim 2017, and I'm thinking about doing it again, but I'm still not sure. I'll trim a few cms in december but I'll probably still be at hip by january. My mini goal is around tailbone now(keeping a thick hemline), but, oh, the feeling of fresh ends... I might partake in the half challenges, not sure yet.

There's still time to decide for 2018.

For 2017, hang in there! :flower:

Lilac Blossoms
October 8th, 2017, 04:47 PM
I'm about due for a microtrim on my recently-hit-waist hair, which should be able to handle a year of no trims after that if I continue to baby it. I did destroy my ends bleaching a year ago, but most if not all of that damage has been removed by now. I usually only trim about twice a year, anyway! I'm not sure what my growth rate is, but assuming it's average (which it seems to be) I should be able to hit hip (5.5" inches from current length) by the end of 2018 with no trims.

In other words... count me in!

lithostoic
October 8th, 2017, 04:57 PM
I think I'm going to try! I'm in the July-Dec challenge so I'll be trimming* at the end of this year.

*It might be more of a chop, still about 3 months to go so we'll see!

megthehennahead
October 8th, 2017, 05:26 PM
If I stick with no trimming for the rest of this year and do this challenge, I should reach tailbone by my wedding in May!

Bruiser
October 8th, 2017, 05:42 PM
im in! I recently had to chop my waist length hair back up to bra strap length due to some terrible life choices :(
all the damage seems to be gone can't wait to grow it back out!

lapushka
October 9th, 2017, 08:58 AM
I'm about due for a microtrim on my recently-hit-waist hair, which should be able to handle a year of no trims after that if I continue to baby it. I did destroy my ends bleaching a year ago, but most if not all of that damage has been removed by now. I usually only trim about twice a year, anyway! I'm not sure what my growth rate is, but assuming it's average (which it seems to be) I should be able to hit hip (5.5" inches from current length) by the end of 2018 with no trims.

In other words... count me in!

Congrats on reaching waist length! :thumbsup:

And welcome to the thread! :)

lapushka
October 9th, 2017, 09:00 AM
I think I'm going to try! I'm in the July-Dec challenge so I'll be trimming* at the end of this year.

*It might be more of a chop, still about 3 months to go so we'll see!

I won't be trimming at the end of this one, but the next one, yes. No! No "chop", please. Well, don't mind me, you have to do what you're comfortable with. :)

If I stick with no trimming for the rest of this year and do this challenge, I should reach tailbone by my wedding in May!

Congrats on the wedding! :)

im in! I recently had to chop my waist length hair back up to bra strap length due to some terrible life choices :(
all the damage seems to be gone can't wait to grow it back out!

Welcome to you guys!

Bruiser, it'll grow back faster than you think! :flower:

Stepo_NiNha
October 9th, 2017, 09:03 AM
You know what? I'LL JOIN!! I tried this before and failed. Let's see how strong I'll be this time. If it will be necessary, I'll trim a bit in the end of December 2017.

Could I be touching waist in the end of December 2018? :D

NightSister
October 9th, 2017, 10:05 AM
I'm in! Will dust during full moon of December and carry on :meditate:

lithostoic
October 9th, 2017, 10:38 AM
Don't worry, lapushka, to me 4 inches is a chop :P I'll probably just be cutting off the last 3ish inches since they have been bleached and dyed several times and are quite damaged.

lapushka
October 12th, 2017, 08:51 AM
You know what? I'LL JOIN!! I tried this before and failed. Let's see how strong I'll be this time. If it will be necessary, I'll trim a bit in the end of December 2017.

Could I be touching waist in the end of December 2018? :D

I'm in! Will dust during full moon of December and carry on :meditate:

Welcome you both!

Don't worry, lapushka, to me 4 inches is a chop :P I'll probably just be cutting off the last 3ish inches since they have been bleached and dyed several times and are quite damaged.

4 inches is a lot. I would consider that a chop too. But OTOH, it will be a great feeling to get rid of that last bit of bleach! :flower: Go for it!!! :D

Jo Ann
October 12th, 2017, 07:06 PM
Silly me...wrong thread... :shocked:

Dark40
October 12th, 2017, 07:24 PM
Silly me...wrong thread... :shocked:

Why do you say that? What do you mean? "Wrong Thread."

Jo Ann
October 12th, 2017, 10:39 PM
I posted a reply, went back to the list and found the thread I thought I was replying to. :confused:

I thought I was posting on the "No Trimming Second Half 2017" thread :doh: :shrug:

krispie
October 16th, 2017, 06:21 AM
I'm joining! I'm gonna trim my hair in November at my hair stylists and then I'm not gonna trim until January 2019.
I want to get my hair from (now) bra strap lenght to waist/tailbone :)

lapushka
October 16th, 2017, 07:33 AM
I'm joining! I'm gonna trim my hair in November at my hair stylists and then I'm not gonna trim until January 2019.
I want to get my hair from (now) bra strap lenght to waist/tailbone :)

Welcome! :)

Chiquita Banana
October 16th, 2017, 05:10 PM
Hi!

I will join this thread, too! I had a major chop back in December of 2016 (12 inches). I was below tailbone at the time and after no further trimmings, I am now right at waist again. I'd like to keep growing in 2018 and hope to reach tailbone again in a couple of years. :)

lapushka
October 17th, 2017, 04:23 PM
Welcome here too, Chiquita Banana! I'm glad you've joined both challenges.

lunalocks
October 17th, 2017, 08:13 PM
OK I'm in. I hadn't trimmed for 2 years then cut off 3 inches last Feb due to super thin ends. Right now I am the longest I've ever, ever been, about 4 inches from knee. So let's see if I can make it to knee by the end of 2018.

Jas
October 18th, 2017, 05:28 AM
Ooh exciting! Knee is such a cool milestone :D

I last cut I think end of January this year, I got lowlights in April though to that growing out didn't look so dramatic. I'm due my length shot next month so will probably decide then if I want to microtrim or carry on not cutting. It's been difficult not trimming but I've definitely grown loads - just can't believe the hairdresser in January took so bloody much off, I was at BCL and asked for a trim to cut the damage off so she cut all she percieved as damage off and I was back to MBL/just above waist! Grr

lapushka
October 18th, 2017, 06:01 AM
OK I'm in. I hadn't trimmed for 2 years then cut off 3 inches last Feb due to super thin ends. Right now I am the longest I've ever, ever been, about 4 inches from knee. So let's see if I can make it to knee by the end of 2018.

Happy growing! Hope you get there. :)

Ooh exciting! Knee is such a cool milestone :D

I last cut I think end of January this year, I got lowlights in April though to that growing out didn't look so dramatic. I'm due my length shot next month so will probably decide then if I want to microtrim or carry on not cutting. It's been difficult not trimming but I've definitely grown loads - just can't believe the hairdresser in January took so bloody much off, I was at BCL and asked for a trim to cut the damage off so she cut all she percieved as damage off and I was back to MBL/just above waist! Grr

That's a shame, I mean what a setback and what a nasty thing to do! But I'm sure you'll grow it back out in no-time! Especially with this challenge. Good luck & happy growing!!!

Beeboo123
October 18th, 2017, 06:34 AM
I'm joining this! Just got a haircut (which was much more than I asked for *glares angrily at hairdresser*), so I think I'll be able to go without a cut for the whole of 2018, and reach classic length! If I do, i'll probably trim to maintain at that length though...

PurpleKitty11
October 22nd, 2017, 05:07 PM
Im in! I have not trimmed my hair since Oct 2016 and i am currently at hip length. So by Dec 2018 i should reach classic length, then i plan to chop a few inches off and maintain my goal of classic length.

embee
October 23rd, 2017, 05:11 AM
I plan no trimming or cutting in 2018. Just like 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014.... back to 2005. ;)

lapushka
October 23rd, 2017, 05:28 AM
Welcome, Beeboo123, PurpleKitty11, and embee (boy that's a long time with no trimming).

Joyful Mystery
October 23rd, 2017, 09:38 AM
I plan no trimming or cutting in 2018. Just like 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014.... back to 2005. ;)

Welcome, Beeboo123, PurpleKitty11, and embee (boy that's a long time with no trimming).

Wow, that IS a long time with no trims! :o

embee
October 23rd, 2017, 10:58 AM
embee (boy that's a long time with no trimming).

Yes, it is a long time. Did one in 2005 right before joining TLHC... "accidentally" cut off 8 inches. Not going there again. ;)

Cathryn
October 23rd, 2017, 11:38 AM
I'm in! I want to get to my knees anyways.

LadyCelestina
October 23rd, 2017, 12:29 PM
I'm so excited for myself (lol), because I haven't trimmed for nearly 4 months and I feel like the worst trim urges are behind me and I'm seeing GROWTH! I used to be such a trim-a-holic.

2 and some months to go and I'll be joining this challenge :) I promised myself I won't join this thread if I break down on my personal 6 months no-trim challenge.

lapushka
October 23rd, 2017, 01:28 PM
I'm in! I want to get to my knees anyways.

I'm so excited for myself (lol), because I haven't trimmed for nearly 4 months and I feel like the worst trim urges are behind me and I'm seeing GROWTH! I used to be such a trim-a-holic.

2 and some months to go and I'll be joining this challenge :) I promised myself I won't join this thread if I break down on my personal 6 months no-trim challenge.

Yes for me too, the shorter it was, the more I trimmed, then I hit BSL and that all changed. BSL was a major turning point for me, on more levels than one (product use as well).

Isobibbel
October 23rd, 2017, 02:19 PM
I'm tempted to try this... how hard is this to stick to for first timers?

Garnetgem
October 23rd, 2017, 08:14 PM

Not so hard as once you see length gain you do not want to trim it away..i did have a wobble at one point at the start but its passed now and i am not bothered by not trimming anymore...maybe try it and see you may be surprised at how easy it is not to trim :)

VersLaLumière
October 23rd, 2017, 09:05 PM

Awesome good job!! Yeah I used to have the same problem with trims too but thanks to this community I've been able to lay off the scissors. Been getting major urges lately because I want to get rid of some mini-layers, but I'm doing the 2017 - 2nd half no trim challenge so no trims till the end of the year no matter what !

VersLaLumière
October 23rd, 2017, 09:27 PM

For my first six months it wasn't too bad, but my hair wasn't that long (starting length APL). I was in the No trims 2017 - first half only and that was manageable for me as a first timer. I find it more challenging now in the No trims 2017 - second half, because I'm not used to dealing with my hair at this length. It's the longest it's been in many years (MBL). The challenge has been helpful as I have to find ways to manage and deal with it and give it what it needs at this length instead of just cutting it, as I would have done in the past (which of course was why I didn't have long hair).

If an entire year seems too much, I recommend opting for the six-months challenges and trimming no more than a half inch off the bottom at the six month mark.

LadyCelestina
October 24th, 2017, 02:57 AM

Yes for me too, the shorter it was, the more I trimmed, then I hit BSL and that all changed. BSL was a major turning point for me, on more levels than one (product use as well).
Actually, for me it's the other way around! Which makes it even harder! The longer my hair gets, the more I want to trim. And waist seems to be a cursed milestone - hitting waist length curly means that there is a significant portion of straight length beyond the boob level, which just has a life of it's own and tangles accordingly :D. And I start to get split ends and thinness/unevenness and what not.

It's also no fun, because optically my hair is not that long at waist, but I have to treat it as if it were long because... well it is long when straight. I'm approaching BCL straight.

On the other hand, my hair approaching my goal length markers at least while stretched/wet kinda motivates me to keep growing :D

Sorry for the rambling :o

Awesome good job!! Yeah I used to have the same problem with trims too but thanks to this community I've been able to lay off the scissors. Been getting major urges lately because I want to get rid of some mini-layers, but I'm doing the 2017 - 2nd half no trim challenge so no trims till the end of the year no matter what !
Thanks! And good job for you too! :cheer: We can stick to it!

So are you planning to trim inbetween challenges?

(I'm not officially in the challenge cause I trimmed too late :) )

lapushka
October 24th, 2017, 05:15 AM

You could also try it for half a year at a time, there's separate threads for this; hang on... oh, and do look at the first message.

First half of 2018:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=143312

Second half of 2018:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=143313

VersLaLumière
October 24th, 2017, 05:26 PM
Thanks! And good job for you too! :cheer: We can stick to it!

So are you planning to trim inbetween challenges?

(I'm not officially in the challenge cause I trimmed too late :) )

Yeah I think I'm going to stick to a half-inch trim every six months. With healthy hair, I've found that just a half an inch can make a big difference in manageability and hemline appearance. Works for me at least :D

Rushli
October 30th, 2017, 09:23 AM
I recently trimmed (or I guess it would be a chop!) 5 inches off and was a little worried I failed the no trim 2017 challenge. I went to search for my name there and did not find it. I guess I never officially signed up! I went 4 years with no trims and now am ready to face the next year of no trimming.

wo
October 30th, 2017, 11:16 AM
I recently trimmed (or I guess it would be a chop!) 5 inches off and was a little worried I failed the no trim 2017 challenge. I went to search for my name there and did not find it. I guess I never officially signed up! I went 4 years with no trims and now am ready to face the next year of no trimming.
What length did you start at when you stopped trimming? I haven't trimmed in 2.5 years and I'm going another 2 probably.

Rushli
October 30th, 2017, 04:17 PM
This was 4 months after the last cut, right when I joined LHC and learned about taking photos of the back of your head. lol (I have the photo labeled wrong... it was Feb 2014)
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4466/38026241351_8520f9579f.jpg

lapushka
October 30th, 2017, 04:27 PM

This was 4 months after the last cut, right when I joined LHC and learned about taking photos of the back of your head. lol (I have the photo labeled wrong... it was Feb 2014)
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4466/38026241351_8520f9579f.jpg

Welcome to next years challenge, Rushli. Chopping is not a fail. I put these "challenges" up as guidelines in the growth process, not to scold people when they fall off the bandwagon. Not at all. That's not how it goes, thank goodness. ;)

Rushli
October 30th, 2017, 06:28 PM
I did say I was worried about "failing" but that is more of my love of rules and guidelines than actually feeling bad about it. I did briefly think I should have waited until the 31st, and that would have gotten me to my FTL goal plus "passing" the challenge, but I have been doing different buns all day and am LOVING how much easier it is without those thin ends. However, mentally being part of the challenge did what it should for everyone. It made me think long and hard before I made the choice to chop!

lapushka
October 31st, 2017, 05:04 PM
I did say I was worried about "failing" but that is more of my love of rules and guidelines than actually feeling bad about it. I did briefly think I should have waited until the 31st, and that would have gotten me to my FTL goal plus "passing" the challenge, but I have been doing different buns all day and am LOVING how much easier it is without those thin ends. However, mentally being part of the challenge did what it should for everyone. It made me think long and hard before I made the choice to chop!

Yeah. Makes sense! :D

Nyrak
November 1st, 2017, 07:34 AM
Hello, everyone. Newbie here. Currently just below armpit, and hoping by joining the no trim I can get past bra strap. :)

lapushka
November 1st, 2017, 08:03 AM
Hello, everyone. Newbie here. Currently just below armpit, and hoping by joining the no trim I can get past bra strap. :)

Welcome here, and to the forum. It's going to be lovely getting to know you, I'm sure! :D

azinachan
November 1st, 2017, 12:58 PM
Hi! I'm new here on this forum and I've been reading about these challenges. This is the one I really wanna join. Years ago I had long classic length hair and I wish some day I'd get it back. At the moment my hair is AP length and my hair is pale bleach blonde. I wondered why my hair isn't growing, but I realized it's just because I trim wayy to much. I have creaclip so trimming is also too easy to do myself so I did it so often lol. At least I got rid of the worst damage and now I've got healthy ends and no splits at all. I can tell my hair is growing cuz my natural dark blonde is grown out 12cm already in 6 months which means my hair grows pretty damn fast and now is the time put scissors down and see where I'll get in one year. :D Good luck for everyone!

lapushka
November 1st, 2017, 02:13 PM
Hi! I'm new here on this forum and I've been reading about these challenges. This is the one I really wanna join. Years ago I had long classic length hair and I wish some day I'd get it back. At the moment my hair is AP length and my hair is pale bleach blonde. I wondered why my hair isn't growing, but I realized it's just because I trim wayy to much. I have creaclip so trimming is also too easy to do myself so I did it so often lol. At least I got rid of the worst damage and now I've got healthy ends and no splits at all. I can tell my hair is growing cuz my natural dark blonde is grown out 12cm already in 6 months which means my hair grows pretty damn fast and now is the time put scissors down and see where I'll get in one year. :D Good luck for everyone!

Maybe also you are losing parts of it to breakage (that is possible with bleach). Good luck with growing the color out. There is a thread on here for those of us growing out dye too, so maybe check that out as well. Welcome to the thread,

and welcome to the forum! :D

Dark40
November 1st, 2017, 04:15 PM
At first my goal was to put off trims for 2017 only, but now I might be considering 2018 too just so I can power-grow to classic, then thigh.... :p Decisions, indeed!!:o

Yeah, me too! I didn't trim at all during this year, and I've only done a S&D taking off 1cm last month. That's the only amount of hair I need to take off when I'm S&D or doing any trimming. I don't trim no more than 1cm. I'm trying to grow to classic, then thigh, then ankle too!!! Yes, decision are indeed!!! :)

Dark40
November 1st, 2017, 04:24 PM

Hi! How long did it take you to get to knee length? You are so lucky to be at 52.5 inches right now!! I wish I was close to knee length right now. My hair is also at it's longest that it has ever been in my whole entire life too! Which is Waist Length, and I'm looking forward to it growing much longer lengths. Like, to my ankles hopefully by the end of 2020 or 2021.

lapushka
November 1st, 2017, 04:54 PM
Hi! How long did it take you to get to knee length? You are so lucky to be at 52.5 inches right now!! I wish I was close to knee length right now. My hair is also at it's longest that it has ever been in my whole entire life too! Which is Waist Length, and I'm looking forward to it growing much longer lengths. Like, to my ankles hopefully by the end of 2020 or 2021.

Dark40, measure on yourself, that is the best way to go about this. Just measure the inches from waist to knee, and multiply by 2, then you'll know the amount of months you'll still need to grow. Markers are different for everybody!

Dark40
November 2nd, 2017, 03:28 PM
Dark40, measure on yourself, that is the best way to go about this. Just measure the inches from waist to knee, and multiply by 2, then you'll know the amount of months you'll still need to grow. Markers are different for everybody!

Ok. Yes, that is very true that markers are different for everybody!

Joyful Mystery
November 3rd, 2017, 11:22 AM
Yay! It's November! I'm feeling really good about my hair. No complaints at all. I can't believe the progress I've made and how well my hair is handling this challenge. I really hope next year is as easy-peasy.

lapushka
November 3rd, 2017, 11:35 AM
Yay! It's November! I'm feeling really good about my hair. No complaints at all. I can't believe the progress I've made and how well my hair is handling this challenge. I really hope next year is as easy-peasy.

That is really nice to hear! :D

Joyful Mystery
November 3rd, 2017, 12:00 PM
That is really nice to hear! :D

I meant to post in the 2017 thread, but oh well! :D Silly me!

HairPlease
November 3rd, 2017, 01:27 PM
You know what I figured out? If I start to get frustrated with my ends in 2018, I'll just wear my hair up more often. Solved. :shrug: I think. :shrug:

So far it's not looking like there's going to be an issue. Thick and plentiful as of 11/2017.

vampyyri
November 3rd, 2017, 03:38 PM
I'm in... tentatively. My hair hasn't really gained length in several months now, so I might as wise continue to wait and see if I can get past TBL. But who knows?

Salwety
November 5th, 2017, 03:38 AM
I tried not to trim in 2017. But I was still struggling with damaged permed hair that needed to be trimmed. So I ended up with 3 trims in the first quarter. Since then I haven't touched the scissors.
So next year I have high hopes that I will not be tempted to trim, and the ends will not get damaged as I no longer use harsh chemicals on it.

So yes count me in. I will join for 2019 too.

lapushka
November 5th, 2017, 04:20 AM
Welcome to the challenge! :)

Dark40
November 6th, 2017, 05:11 PM

Oh, ok cool! :cheer:

Yeah, I know whatcha mean about not knowing whether you'll be trimming between the challenges. I know for sure that I'll be only doing S&D in between challenges throughout the year.

Shorty89
November 6th, 2017, 06:06 PM
I'm not sure if I'm up for not trimming for a whole year. Maybe just half. Can I lurk anyhow?

lapushka
November 7th, 2017, 09:25 AM
I'm not sure if I'm up for not trimming for a whole year. Maybe just half. Can I lurk anyhow?

Sure you can, but you do know there's the half-year no-trimming threads too, right? :)

Shorty89
November 7th, 2017, 09:06 PM
For 2018? I'll have to hunt that down. I saw the 2017 but 2017 is pretty much done. :p

Eastbound&Down
November 10th, 2017, 11:00 AM
I am really looking forward to this next year's challenge. I've made a lot of progress this year just letting it grow and it's still in pretty good shape. The layers are pretty wonky, but I think as it grows it'll even out.

Avital88
November 10th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Yes I am in. November and December I will still microtrim my almost classic hair before letting it grow and flow in 2018. My aim for 2018 is upper thigh length ☺️

lapushka
November 10th, 2017, 01:36 PM
Yes I am in. November and December I will still microtrim my almost classic hair before letting it grow and flow in 2018. My aim for 2018 is upper thigh length ☺️

I am one milestone behind you. :D I am now TBL, and am going for classic next year (hoping to hit that September or so). My ultimate goal is also to grow beyond classic just to see where it takes me and if I can tolerate the extra length past classic (which is hard for me).

Lazy Loop
November 12th, 2017, 08:49 PM
I’ll join this challenge, I have lost most of my growth this year. I want my 6” longer at least. Thanks!

lapushka
November 13th, 2017, 06:33 AM

tlatzoteotl
November 13th, 2017, 01:50 PM
I'm going to join in this challenge! My last trim was a few weeks ago, and I have often gone a year or more between trims, so it will be fun to see where I land by the end of next year.

*Wednesday*
November 13th, 2017, 02:13 PM
Still finishing the last half of 2017 challenge. I am addicted to these already 😊. Count me in. Foregoing the curling iron and slow dryer another year.

lapushka
November 13th, 2017, 04:16 PM
I'm going to join in this challenge! My last trim was a few weeks ago, and I have often gone a year or more between trims, so it will be fun to see where I land by the end of next year.

Still finishing the last half of 2017 challenge. I am addicted to these already ��. Count me in. Foregoing the curling iron and slow dryer another year.

Welcome you both! :D

gingham_bay
November 13th, 2017, 07:46 PM
I am a little reluctant to join this challenge (the thought of not trimming for a year is so scary!) but I realize that’s why it’s called a challenge. Count me in, I will be excited to see how much progress I get from this!

abribun
November 13th, 2017, 09:31 PM
I'm in! I was worried at first as I keep over thinking things, worrying about having too many dead ends. But my hair is honestly in really good condition, and I plan on sticking with my good hair care routine so I'm excited to join this challenge! The last time I cut my hair was at the end of August, and I won't be trimming again until the end of this 2018 challenge. I should be able to get around 7 inches of growth which will bring me to at least MBL, if not longer! I just want to power through this growth, I hope I'm not setting myself up for failure saying 7 inches but I'm going to be doing inversion method, caffeine rinses, and other methods to get quicker growth! I keep cutting my hair (hence why I've been at the same length for like 3 years) so this challenge is going to help me actually grow out my hair! I am so excited to compare my before and after pictures (Jan 1st 2018 to Jan 1st 2019)! Let's do this 😊

Simsy
November 14th, 2017, 04:55 AM
Ok, I’m in. I’m still a few inches from my first LHC goal so I’m gogin for another 12 months. That said, I will definitely be doing a small trim between challenges, just to make sure I don’t crash out halfway through.

butterfly_dream
November 14th, 2017, 06:18 AM
Really tempted….I cut off all the chemically treated part, so maybe my hair will be able to handle a year of no trims.
In this case I will hit knee by the end of 2018 and I am really curious to see how it will look like.
Well, ladies, count me in. :)

lapushka
November 14th, 2017, 07:19 AM
Welcome to all the newbies! :) I'm glad to have you guys join. And it's a guideline (I've said this before), quite a strict one, but it's not a "must". If ever you feel uncomfortable keeping in this challenge, then please just trim a bit, if that makes you feel better. Preferably do it half a year in, so you can still join the second half of this challenge (there are separate threads for those).

Pumpkin3826
November 22nd, 2017, 08:04 AM
I am in!!! I have spent the whole year of 2017 going back and forth with blunt bangs. :( I got them cut in January, started growing them out in February, then cut them again in August and started growing them out in September, and I just cut them again 2 weeks ago!!! I always say I won't cut them again but then I cave in. It is such a vicious cycle, just when they get long enough to tuck behind my ear I decide I want them again. The rest of my hair is at hip length, so I think one year with no cutting will be a fun challenge. I know you mentioned maintaining bangs is okay but I am going to not cut one single hair. I am so glad I found this thread so I will have something to hold me accountable. Good luck everyone! Maybe this challenge will give someone else who is battling with the bangs or no bangs the courage to finally put the scissors down and walk away.

lapushka
November 22nd, 2017, 08:31 AM
I am in!!! I have spent the whole year of 2017 going back and forth with blunt bangs. :( I got them cut in January, started growing them out in February, then cut them again in August and started growing them out in September, and I just cut them again 2 weeks ago!!! I always say I won't cut them again but then I cave in. It is such a vicious cycle, just when they get long enough to tuck behind my ear I decide I want them again. The rest of my hair is at hip length, so I think one year with no cutting will be a fun challenge. I know you mentioned maintaining bangs is okay but I am going to not cut one single hair. I am so glad I found this thread so I will have something to hold me accountable. Good luck everyone! Maybe this challenge will give someone else who is battling with the bangs or no bangs the courage to finally put the scissors down and walk away.

Bangs aren't the easiest to get rid of. I got rid of them fast after my teens (but not in my teens), mainly because I needed to wash them every few days as they went oily on me superfast.

Good luck to you! :flower:

peachyleshy
December 14th, 2017, 07:34 AM
I'm joining! I was going to wait till the end of April to trim, but I will do this instead. My sister should be here January 1st so she can help me. I really just want to get it even and that will be easier if she is here helping me! I'm looking forward to gaining more growth this year since this year I trimmed too much for mg liking. Hoping to be BCL/TBL by 2019!

lapushka
December 14th, 2017, 10:21 AM
I'm joining! I was going to wait till the end of April to trim, but I will do this instead. My sister should be here January 1st so she can help me. I really just want to get it even and that will be easier if she is here helping me! I'm looking forward to gaining more growth this year since this year I trimmed too much for mg liking. Hoping to be BCL/TBL by 2019!

Good luck!

Lizabeth94
December 14th, 2017, 08:48 PM
I'm in!
This is going to be tough, as I'm growing out an above the ear pixie, its going to look ridiculous esp during the second half of 2018. Oh well. That's what hats and headbands are for. :rolleyes: I'm tired of trying to grow it out "gracefully," because hairdressers don't listen to me, and they cut off too much. If I let them have their way, it will never grow at all. I'm hoping that the wonky hemline I'm going to get will blur as I get fairytale ends towards the end of the year.

Eastbound&Down
December 14th, 2017, 09:00 PM
Wow, almost 2018 already! Excited for the next year of growing!

Drowseyweirdo
December 15th, 2017, 01:08 AM
I'm in!!

This could be an amazing experience or it could be a disaster because my hair splits a lot and when it does it slowly travels all the way up to just under my chin. Hopefully this challenge will help me to take extra care of my hair.

Hiyotoris
December 15th, 2017, 04:29 AM
I'm going to try my best for this! My last "proper" trim was in august, but this week I self trimmed about 6mm off just to keep the hemline looking full. I really hope I can go a whole year without trimming, i'm 3inches away from waist and 6-7inches away from top of the butt length! The other thing that i'm slightly worried about is that I go on holiday once a year and my hair soaks up the chlorinated water and sea water so I'm thinking of loading my hair with a leave in conditioner and loads of sealing oils along with a swim cap so i can avoid having to cut about 3-4inches off.

wo
December 15th, 2017, 08:20 AM
I'm in!
This is going to be tough, as I'm growing out an above the ear pixie, its going to look ridiculous esp during the second half of 2018. Oh well. That's what hats and headbands are for. :rolleyes: I'm tired of trying to grow it out "gracefully," because hairdressers don't listen to me, and they cut off too much. If I let them have their way, it will never grow at all. I'm hoping that the wonky hemline I'm going to get will blur as I get fairytale ends towards the end of the year.

I think you're right. I spent a year trying to grow out a pixie gracefully by getting it shaped up, or just getting the neckline trimmed... Well, no one ever listened, no matter what I said or what pictures I showed, they gave me a fresh pixie every time, even when I was so close to a bob. It was infuriating. It grew out so much faster the time before that, when I ignored it completely.

lapushka
December 15th, 2017, 08:34 AM
Welcome to all the newbies to the thread! Happy growing, you guys! :D :flower:

Joyful Mystery
December 15th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Wow, almost 2018 already! Excited for the next year of growing!

Me, too! I've made so much progress this year :o

Lizabeth94
December 15th, 2017, 09:22 PM
I think you're right. I spent a year trying to grow out a pixie gracefully by getting it shaped up, or just getting the neckline trimmed... Well, no one ever listened, no matter what I said or what pictures I showed, they gave me a fresh pixie every time, even when I was so close to a bob. It was infuriating. It grew out so much faster the time before that, when I ignored it completely.

Yup! I actually grew my hair out from a completely shaved head when I was in my mid teens, and I just wore a bandana every day and ignored it, within a year my hair was armpit length. The layers actually grew out rather nice and looked like it was cut that way on purpose. When I tried to grow out my pixie gracefully, it took a year just to reach chin length, and then a hairdresser cut me back to pixie!

CreatureBailey
December 16th, 2017, 03:56 AM
.... >_> .... <_< ....

Okay okay!! I'm joining in!! You have my word...

But is no trimming meant for everyone? Can it just cause harm to the hair for some people?

Salwety
December 16th, 2017, 06:06 AM
Welcome to the challenge CreatureBailey. And no the challenge is not for everyone - like obligatory or something, it is for those who choose to join it.
It depends on your hair condition and your hair growing goal.
if your goal is to retain length as much as you can, so you can choose not to cut your hair for a year or half a year ( there are links for that on the forum). But if your hair is suffering from damage, or want to maintain at a certain length, you might be better with trims ( there is a link for the microtrimmers too)
I spent one and a half years trimming my hair till I removed all the chemical damage. Once I had virgin hair ( march 2017) my hair didn't need to be trimmed, and so I haven't touched the scissors.
It's your hair and you can do whatever that suits you.

Reservechic
December 16th, 2017, 08:22 AM
I definitely want to be apart of this challenge. I have been stretching trimming for my hair well over a year already and would honestly like to go as long as I can during my hair growth journey in growing my hair as long as possible. My ends aren't in terrible shape at this time at all, because I focus a lot on keeping them well moisturized, and I am not very rough with my hair at all. Plus, by wearing my hair up a lot in buns, I find at least with me, it really helps my ends to stay in good shape without my having to constantly dealing with breakage or lots of split ends at all.

Much good luck to everyone who chooses to be apart this challenge! :)

lapushka
December 16th, 2017, 09:25 AM
.... >_> .... <_< ....

Okay okay!! I'm joining in!! You have my word...

But is no trimming meant for everyone? Can it just cause harm to the hair for some people?

You'll just have to wait and see how you fare. You can keep an eye on your hair month to month, surely, and see if it is for you - or not. It *is* very personal, yes.

QuietVixen
December 16th, 2017, 09:33 AM
I'm joining in! I think my ends are good enough tight now to stay no-trim for a year or so. Good luck everyone!

amiraaah
December 17th, 2017, 03:39 PM
i decided to cut 3 inches off my hair and i will join this challenge all the year.

lapushka
December 17th, 2017, 04:04 PM
Welcome aboard to all who have freshly joined! :)

Celtic Morla
December 17th, 2017, 07:35 PM
I will be here. I no longer trim I did a big chop way back before summer and while it was different I decided ust prefer to let it grow! Its been a while inc I was here, its nice to be back!

lapushka
December 18th, 2017, 02:39 PM
Welcome to you!

And to all in this challenge: happy growing! :applause

EliseMarie
December 19th, 2017, 06:13 AM
I am joining in! I have just reached chin (with layers) and I feel that as far as the shape I will fare just fine. The condition is not ideas because I do have bleach on the ends and a solid inch and 1/2 of new virgin growth. I know I have damage but with it being so short, I think I can make it. At this point my main goal is length.

Sora Rose
December 19th, 2017, 07:42 AM
I'd love to join. I'm going to give myself a trim just before the new year, and just forget about it for the rest of the year. I've already gone several months - five I think - this year without trimming because of dull scissors (which I have finally replaced), so I'm pretty confident I can do this.

lapushka
December 19th, 2017, 07:56 AM
I am joining in! I have just reached chin (with layers) and I feel that as far as the shape I will fare just fine. The condition is not ideas because I do have bleach on the ends and a solid inch and 1/2 of new virgin growth. I know I have damage but with it being so short, I think I can make it. At this point my main goal is length.

I'd love to join. I'm going to give myself a trim just before the new year, and just forget about it for the rest of the year. I've already gone several months - five I think - this year without trimming because of dull scissors (which I have finally replaced), so I'm pretty confident I can do this.

Welcome to you both.

For sure you can do this!

ladycaladium
December 22nd, 2017, 12:57 AM
I really want to join but want to get a little bit of a trim in first - unfortunately the way the New Year is (a multi day long holiday with many things - except maybe the mall - closed - I have to decide in the next few days!

CreatureBailey
December 22nd, 2017, 01:22 AM
Can not trimming be bad for growth though?

lapushka
December 22nd, 2017, 06:44 AM
Can not trimming be bad for growth though?

No. Plenty of people have proved that. What do you mean, though, because I'm not sure I'm understanding correctly?

Some people have to trim because of damage and/or splits that keep popping up and that can't be "mended" by just doing S&D, but you will have to give your hair a *chance* first. If you never try, you won't know. Right? ;)

CreatureBailey
December 22nd, 2017, 09:36 AM
No. Plenty of people have proved that. What do you mean, though, because I'm not sure I'm understanding correctly?

Some people have to trim because of damage and/or splits that keep popping up and that can't be "mended" by just doing S&D, but you will have to give your hair a *chance* first. If you never try, you won't know. Right? ;)

Cause I've been told that it boosts hair growth when you trim a little bit. I don't remember where (and it's probably not true) but I've heard that when you trim your hair follicles get the signal that the hair has been trimmed and they're all ''Oh no!!! Let's grow more!!'' I don't know why I have this info in my mind, it's probably false..

lapushka
December 22nd, 2017, 09:59 AM
Cause I've been told that it boosts hair growth when you trim a little bit. I don't remember where (and it's probably not true) but I've heard that when you trim your hair follicles get the signal that the hair has been trimmed and they're all ''Oh no!!! Let's grow more!!'' I don't know why I have this info in my mind, it's probably false..

Nope, that's a complete myth. Your follicles just don't "know" (they don't have that ability) if the hair has been cut or not.

CreatureBailey
December 22nd, 2017, 12:10 PM
Nope, that's a complete myth. Your follicles just don't "know" (they don't have that ability) if the hair has been cut or not.

Good good. I noticed that when I'll make it to mid-thigh length, it's going to be the same length as my fingertip length and my hair being 1 meter long. All at the same time. :D

RubberDucky
December 23rd, 2017, 10:36 AM
I'm three months into growing out a very short and layered pixie. I'd like to try for no trims in 2018 too.

Let's see if I can handle the potential mess of a shaggy mullet! :eyebrows:

lapushka
December 23rd, 2017, 11:13 AM
Good good. I noticed that when I'll make it to mid-thigh length, it's going to be the same length as my fingertip length and my hair being 1 meter long. All at the same time. :D

That's great! :thumbsup:

Dancing Giant
December 23rd, 2017, 12:44 PM
I will start my journey here with a no-trimming 2018. My last trim was at the end of September '17 and though my hair is bleached it should not be a problem to go through 2018 without cutting the ends off. My hair is and was always very restistant and now that I do regular oil treatments it should be even better. My hair is now at around CBL and I hope that it will be at around BSL at the end of next year.:D

lapushka
December 23rd, 2017, 02:41 PM
I will start my journey here with a no-trimming 2018. My last trim was at the end of September '17 and though my hair is bleached it should not be a problem to go through 2018 without cutting the ends off. My hair is and was always very restistant and now that I do regular oil treatments it should be even better. My hair is now at around CBL and I hope that it will be at around BSL at the end of next year.:D

Welcome to the thread & the forum! :D

ravenheather
December 26th, 2017, 06:19 PM
I'm in for 2018. I've been trimming some thin ends the last couple years, but I am ready to grow now.

peach.sodaaa
December 28th, 2017, 05:13 AM
oooo count me in! i really really realllyyyyyy want to see length in 2018!! i feel my hair is finally in good enough condition to go for a no trim year, im only at APL and im super impatient! ill have one last tidy up trim on the 31st ^.^

*Wednesday*
December 28th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Happy growing everyone. 😳

ladycaladium
December 28th, 2017, 11:50 PM
Okie okie I’m in. I have a trim scheduled for the 31st, so fresh start!

Xan
December 29th, 2017, 12:11 AM
I'm in I'm at just 45" hope to get to 50+ In the new year.

lapushka
December 29th, 2017, 06:01 AM
Let's wiggle a bit; I'm allowing the 31st and the 1st as "trim days" - I mean, you gotta do it sometime, right? And it's tough enough if you want to consecutively do these challenges. So that's new all across these no-trimming threads. If you want to trim do it the 31st or the 1st, no later, and no earlier!

Dewdrop
December 30th, 2017, 02:49 AM
I'm in! My ends are a little crunchy, cause I got lazy because my hair is so 'short' (past bsl). I am committed to not cutting it, but getting back in the routine that I know works for me. If I get all the way trough, I won't have trimmed my hair for about 2,5 year. Hopefully this time next year I'll have waistlenght, moisurized hair! Happy not trimming everyone!

Lilac Blossoms
December 30th, 2017, 08:52 AM
Let's wiggle a bit; I'm allowing the 31st and the 1st as "trim days" - I mean, you gotta do it sometime, right? And it's tough enough if you want to consecutively do these challenges. So that's new all across these no-trimming threads. If you want to trim do it the 31st or the 1st, no later, and no earlier!

Excellent, I planned to have hubby give me a trim tomorrow. It's been ages since my last one and my ends are really showing the need- I've done rather too much coloring in the last few months. Time to remove the damage and start babying it again. My growth also seems to be stubbornly stalled at waist (perhaps because it's winter here?) and I'm hoping healthy ends will help be reach hip more quickly once it starts growing steadily again.

fhairyqueen
December 30th, 2017, 11:01 AM
I can’t decide whether to trim before the challenge or not . By the time I decide it will be too late to trim probably

lapushka
December 30th, 2017, 11:25 AM
I can’t decide whether to trim before the challenge or not . By the time I decide it will be too late to trim probably

Can we help you decide a little sooner, so you still qualify for the challenge? :flower:

entish
December 30th, 2017, 02:01 PM
I'm in. :smile: In the past I have gone years between trims, but now that I *care* about my hair more, it's going to be a challenge for sure! I'm about 30" long now, so I'm excited to see how long it'll grow this coming year.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 30th, 2017, 02:19 PM
I'm in. :smile: In the past I have gone years between trims, but now that I *care* about my hair more, it's going to be a challenge for sure! I'm about 30" long now, so I'm excited to see how long it'll grow this coming year.

Welcome to the LHC! :)

Hairkay
December 30th, 2017, 03:04 PM
I guess I'm doing this again. I think my hair could do with a little trim tomorrow.

lapushka
December 30th, 2017, 03:48 PM

Yes, welcome to the thread, for one, and welcome to the forum too. Nice to get to know you! :)

Thanks for dropping in. :D

lapushka
December 30th, 2017, 03:49 PM
I guess I'm doing this again. I think my hair could do with a little trim tomorrow.

Yay, the more the merrier. :) :cheer:

I'm not going for a trim, as I thought I wouldn't; classic length here I come. :)

megthehennahead
December 30th, 2017, 11:46 PM
2017 took me from approximately BSL to HL, so by my growth chart I should hit classic in early 2019. However, I had some crazy fast growth in spring/summer 2017, so if that happens again and I hit classic early, I think I’ll drop out and maintain for a while to get rid of some layers. BUT, since the math says classic is a stretch for 2018, here’s to not trimming and staying on course for the next year!

triumphator!
December 31st, 2017, 01:55 PM
Okay, trimmed 2 inches off my hair. All set for the next year of no trimming!

Here is a crappy length shot, taken after my cut:
http://i66.tinypic.com/20igxts.jpg

Onward and downward!

lapushka
January 1st, 2018, 04:29 AM
2017 took me from approximately BSL to HL, so by my growth chart I should hit classic in early 2019. However, I had some crazy fast growth in spring/summer 2017, so if that happens again and I hit classic early, I think I’ll drop out and maintain for a while to get rid of some layers. BUT, since the math says classic is a stretch for 2018, here’s to not trimming and staying on course for the next year!

You are also welcome to double-join the halves no-trimming threads (and consider yourself auto-subbed for the first half). So if you drop out later in the year, at least you'd have completed half of the year! :flower:

lapushka
January 1st, 2018, 04:30 AM
Okay, trimmed 2 inches off my hair. All set for the next year of no trimming!

Here is a crappy length shot, taken after my cut:
http://i66.tinypic.com/20igxts.jpg

Onward and downward!

Looking great, onward & downward indeed! :thumbsup:

fhairyqueen
January 1st, 2018, 08:06 AM
Yes please do as today is the deadline !!! :)

edit : I just realised I actually cut my hair last month and I thought it was longer ago so maybe I should just leave it

Can we help you decide a little sooner, so you still qualify for the challenge? :flower:

lapushka
January 1st, 2018, 08:44 AM
Yes please do as today is the deadline !!! :)

edit : I just realised I actually cut my hair last month and I thought it was longer ago so maybe I should just leave it

Yeah, I'd leave it!!! :) :D

fhairyqueen
January 1st, 2018, 08:59 AM
Thank you yes I think I will ;)
I’m looking forward to see how much growth I get as I’m going to take pics each month on the 1st and compare at 6 months and a year

Yeah, I'd leave it!!! :) :D

lapushka
January 1st, 2018, 09:42 AM
Thank you yes I think I will ;)
I’m looking forward to see how much growth I get as I’m going to take pics each month on the 1st and compare at 6 months and a year

Good luck!!! :D Hope it works out for you. :)

fhairyqueen
January 1st, 2018, 09:52 AM
Thank you and you too :)
are you doing this specific challenge yourself ?

Good luck!!! :D Hope it works out for you. :)

Lilac Blossoms
January 1st, 2018, 10:00 AM
Well, I had hubby give me a much-needed and very overdue chop- I don't even remember when my last trim was, and I haven't been very nice to my hair recently. I think I'm still at waist, but just barely. Hopefully now I can convince myself to resist the urge to unleash my inner chameleon, baby my ends, and hit hip by December. Full steam ahead!

Reyn127
January 1st, 2018, 12:24 PM
I'm starting out this year with a very thorough S&D mission on my hair. Last night I spent about two solid hours snipping away splits while (kind of) watching a movie. There were a lot of them, and I think I have even more that I'm gonna try to take care of today as well!

Corvana
January 1st, 2018, 01:53 PM
In for now, of course! Currently I have no real need for a full trim, plus I can't trim yet in a way that wouldn't remove all of my progress since June :shudder:

I can only do some S&D, but overall I'm just leaving it. If my ends feel a bit rough I'll oil them! Easy peasy.

Starting out (and my avi is cropped at APL):

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29696&d=1514793674

I wanna see how far I can go!

CreatureBailey
January 1st, 2018, 02:34 PM
I might have to start a bit late. I'm recieving new shears in max 8 days and I want to do one final clean cut with them. I already trimmed again not long ago with my old shears so I'm just going to snip like 0.25 cm just to say that the last cut was done with trustable good scissors. If I start the 9th I'll just finish the 9th of next year. :)

Salwety
January 1st, 2018, 02:43 PM
Thank God there is a no trimming challenge. Today I did a microtrim after nine months and I hate it :mad: you know what is worse than having to cut damaged hair?! It is cutting healthy ends!! My ends were fine but I trimmed them anyways and I regret it. I will never use the scissors again unless it is necessary.
I didn't cut much it was less than what will come from shaving my leg or something( :hmm: sorry tmi) but they were mostly the racers. Why would I cut them?! They are over achievers. These are the ones that gets me to the milestones faster, and gets used frequently in securing updoes and braids. Sorry my racer hairs I will not do that to you again :wail:!!
I went too emotional after the cut:silly: I think I need to relax