PDA

View Full Version : Straw hair, please help!

Sarahfv
June 26th, 2017, 04:23 PM
Hi all,

I joined because I need some suggestions. My hair is super dry, limp and thin. If I use anything moisturizing, it looks SO flat and greasy, but if I don't it's frayed and the static drives me nuts.

It's gotten worse since having a baby and moving to a place with very hard water.

I have always had blonde highlights but want to go back to natural. However the natural mousy brown color doesn't help my hideous hair situation.

Please help!

PS is there a way to add a picture?

Aredhel
June 26th, 2017, 04:47 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Do you ever clarify your hair? I have hard water too and if I don't clarify/chelate a couple times a month at least, my hair tends to become very brittle and straw-like, sometimes sticky feeling and heavy... and not in a good way. Especially since I use products that cause more buildup too (ex., silicones).

You can upload your pictures to an image hosting website, such as http://tinypic.com, then copy the second code under "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" and paste it onto here.

Alissalocks
June 26th, 2017, 06:07 PM
When I first started using Hask Shine Treatment (in the brown bottles) it helped "re-texturize" my hair and help it become smoother, more slip and less tangles. It's a leave in treatment, and it's pretty cheap but helped me a lot. HTH and welcome! :flower:

marvel-lover
June 26th, 2017, 06:52 PM
How are you with conditioner? Sometimes when hair doesn't respond well to leave-ins, such as oils and other treatments, you can re-hydrate with a conditioner. I would recommend clarifying, then following with a SMT. Remember that change won't happen overnight, so protect your beautiful hair by wearing it up (or however you are comfortable with it) and take care to hydrate with oils pre-wash, or do SMTs.