PDA

View Full Version : Products gone bad?

lapushka
June 25th, 2017, 04:04 AM
Post your doubts about products that *may* have gone off.

Describe consistency, smell, and maybe someone else can put your mind at ease.

I just washed with Inecto coconut shampoo. It was a transparent brown color. Like the shell of a coconut brown, not the inside of the coconut. :p I think something may be up with that. The smell was fine, the consistency was fine, the lather was fine. It washed well (really well). I suspect the colorants may have gone off or lost their potency. That's all.

Is it supposed to be brown?

I might repurpose it, but OTOH I might use it up. I'm not sure yet.

Can someone get back to me on this?

Arctic
June 25th, 2017, 04:13 AM
If it's this one, shown in the link, then it should be clear. LINK (https://makeupandbeauty.com/inecto-naturals-super-nourishing-coconut-shampoo-review/) I personally wouldn't use it, I have very sensitive scalp.

I just tossed quite a bit of expired products from my own bathroom when I cleaned the cupboards. For example all my Directions hair dyes. They smelled funny to me, although in the past I have used Directions that had been opened as long ago as these with no problems.

lapushka
June 25th, 2017, 04:51 AM
If it's this one, shown in the link, then it should be clear. LINK (https://makeupandbeauty.com/inecto-naturals-super-nourishing-coconut-shampoo-review/) I personally wouldn't use it, I have very sensitive scalp.

I just tossed quite a bit of expired products from my own bathroom when I cleaned the cupboards. For example all my Directions hair dyes. They smelled funny to me, although in the past I have used Directions that had been opened as long ago as these with no problems.

Hmm, so far it's doing fine on my scalp, but I don't think I'll be using it again then. Just to be safe. If it was still the color it should be, I would use it up, no question. I'm not tossing it though, it should be fine for my dad's shirt collars and for my mom to clean the sinks out daily.