PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

Rebeccalaurenxx
June 21st, 2017, 06:13 PM
I haven't taken length pictures in awhile, but I decided to go outside and grab some because I am SO close to waist.
Now, mind you, I am fine haired. But the last 2 inches of my hair are.. well. Pretty see though in my opinion.
I have never experienced this before as this is the first time I have ever gotten my hair this long, but what do you guys think?
Does it look ok?

https://s13.postimg.org/4oat08ckn/june_2_2017.jpg

It starts to thin out around APL/BSL. Which I suppose is normal for most people. Luckily my texture hides a bit of the "see through" ends.
Or taper? Is that what thats called? I have been here so long but have experienced so little LOL

I have been in the no trims for 6 months challenge, and I think I will probably trim an inch once its over, and then start again for the rest of the year because I really want to hit waist, but I think once I actually hit waist I will maintain and do monthly trims like I was doing last year.

But, I just thought I would get some insight. My hair feels so much nicer since I cut cones out of my conditioner, no more tangles. Feels nice, just looks real real thin, heh. :)

MoonRabbit
June 21st, 2017, 06:22 PM
I think your hair looks amazing. It doesn't look like you have taper, I think it may look thinner to you because of layers.

*Wednesday*
June 21st, 2017, 06:44 PM
It is hard to see the ends. Your shirt is dark. It appears the thickest part ends where your shirt begins. Overall, it looks fine. If your hair is layered, needs time for the shorter hairs to catch up.

beneaththetrees
June 21st, 2017, 06:46 PM
It looks lovely! Is that your natural color? It's beautiful.

My hair gets that thinning at the bottom too, partially because I'm growing out layers, but I'm trying to embrace it. Pictures like this help, because your hair looks wonderful.

I'm also a little jealous that cutting out cones made your hair less tangly - I worry about build up, but no cones = matted mess for me.

Rebeccalaurenxx
June 21st, 2017, 07:16 PM
It looks lovely! Is that your natural color? It's beautiful.

My hair gets that thinning at the bottom too, partially because I'm growing out layers, but I'm trying to embrace it. Pictures like this help, because your hair looks wonderful.

I'm also a little jealous that cutting out cones made your hair less tangly - I worry about build up, but no cones = matted mess for me.
Nope! I'm a henna and indigo head. I might eventually wean off it but I prefer dark hair just because it thickens my hair a bit. :)

Thank you! I think I have layers? I thought I grew them all out but I might need another couple months for that.

Dark40
June 21st, 2017, 08:27 PM
I think it's lovely. I know the feeling of reaching a length where you've never been before in your life. Like what "Wednesday' says the ends and layers will catch up over time.

Ondine11
June 21st, 2017, 09:15 PM
I like it! The thinning isn't that bad, especially with all the nice waves.

Rebeccalaurenxx
June 21st, 2017, 10:02 PM
Thanks guys! I was a little worried about it.

2gaits
June 21st, 2017, 10:05 PM
It looks pretty. I would just gradually trim over time to try and thicken the ends.

Rebeccalaurenxx
June 22nd, 2017, 12:26 AM
It looks pretty. I would just gradually trim over time to try and thicken the ends.
Totally. I probably will maintain once I hit my goal of hip or waist. Once I feel it's actually a bit longer. I'm still in the phase where I look down and it looks and feels short.

Corvana
June 22nd, 2017, 02:59 AM
Haha the title made me think of Simply Nailogical.

I think your hair looks great! That's how I imagine fairy tale ends, they're very lovely!

reilly0167
June 22nd, 2017, 03:52 AM
Looks fine, just part of growing out layers:) mines the same way, it will catch up in no time:) enjoy the journey:)

lapushka
June 22nd, 2017, 03:57 AM
First of all, since the very first pictures I saw of your hair: vast improvement! For sure. And it looks a lot like natural taper (whether it is or isn't, I wouldn't know). It looks lovely. And I think you can even start to call it waist. ;) :D

Cherriezzzzz
June 22nd, 2017, 07:07 AM
If you were at my house and we were doing hair I'd be styling your ends with foam rollers so I could enjoy your fairy tale ends! My hair's so thick it'll never ever do it :( I've the last 4 inches thinned out too...:brickwall enjoy what you got, it's beautiful! I love the color too!

ReadingRenee
June 22nd, 2017, 10:14 AM
So pretty! Seriously, your hair is looking so amazing these days, the condition of it has really improved since your first hair pictures. I really like how your hair looks.

JennyPenny
June 22nd, 2017, 11:09 AM
I think it looks great! It's a little hard to tell because your shirt is dark, but I think the taper isn't bad and your hair looks healthy and had great shine.

lucid
June 22nd, 2017, 11:19 AM
It looks gorgeous! If it bothers you you could always maintain, but I don't think you need to. You have waves as well, and natural taper or taper from layers looks really good with that hairtype in my opinion. ^_^

diddiedaisy
June 22nd, 2017, 11:19 AM
My hair is exactly the same, it thins out at the same point yours does, it's a similar length too and has the same waves. I think your hair looks nice, fairy tale ends just seem to look better on some people, and you are one of them. Enjoy your hair it looks pretty :)

My plan is also to hit waist and maintain.

Andthetalltrees
June 22nd, 2017, 11:34 AM
I think your hair is beautiful! I'm really not concerned by 'see through' ends on me or other people, Many times I think it looks very natural and pretty.

Rebeccalaurenxx
June 22nd, 2017, 11:42 AM
First of all, since the very first pictures I saw of your hair: vast improvement! For sure. And it looks a lot like natural taper (whether it is or isn't, I wouldn't know). It looks lovely. And I think you can even start to call it waist. ;) :D

Oh yes, definitely. I feel as though it is a natural taper because I've cut out several inches in the last year or so, but as it grows it just continues to look the same at the last two inches so I'm going to assume it's a natural taper that will lower and lower as my hair grows out. Hopefully. :) Ah! I don't wanna call it Waist juuuuust yet! Haha, I feel it could use another inch or two. :p

Rebeccalaurenxx
June 22nd, 2017, 11:43 AM
I think your hair is beautiful! I'm really not concerned by 'see through' ends on me or other people, Many times I think it looks very natural and pretty.
Personally I don't notice the see through ends on someone unless the hair is damaged to heck. Splits. Dry. But my hair isn't really, damaged. So I guess I'll be ok :p

Rebeccalaurenxx
June 22nd, 2017, 11:44 AM
So pretty! Seriously, your hair is looking so amazing these days, the condition of it has really improved since your first hair pictures. I really like how your hair looks.

Thank you so much!! Hard work really pays off!! :)

Rebeccalaurenxx
June 22nd, 2017, 11:45 AM
Thank you to everyone!! I feel a lot better about the condition of my hair now. I'd reply to everyone individually but I'm using my phone and I'm a little lazy right now. 😆

Lady Stardust
June 22nd, 2017, 03:44 PM
Your hair is gorgeous, it looks like a lovely natural taper and, as you say, I reckon it might just travel down nicely. You have great texture for fairytale ends.

Rebeccalaurenxx
June 22nd, 2017, 10:34 PM
Your hair is gorgeous, it looks like a lovely natural taper and, as you say, I reckon it might just travel down nicely. You have great texture for fairytale ends.
I hope so! Thank you :)

Serimel
June 23rd, 2017, 02:02 AM
It's beautiful, love your texture! And now it's really entering the long hair world, so near waist. Congrats on your progress!

school of fish
June 23rd, 2017, 07:22 AM
Looks beautiful! Although I personally have a preference for blunt hemlines, I really do love a little fairytaling in wavy and curly textures - you have the amount I like in wavy hair :) Looking great!

Rebeccalaurenxx
June 23rd, 2017, 10:39 AM
Looks beautiful! Although I personally have a preference for blunt hemlines, I really do love a little fairytaling in wavy and curly textures - you have the amount I like in wavy hair :) Looking great!
Personally I do have a preference for them too. However because of my texture, I can't even tell. Every time I cut a blunt hemline in, it usually goes away within a week. Gaha. So I guess for me there would no point in trying to maintain one!

Rebeccalaurenxx
June 24th, 2017, 11:49 PM
It's beautiful, love your texture! And now it's really entering the long hair world, so near waist. Congrats on your progress!

Thank you so much :)

VersLaLumière
June 25th, 2017, 03:52 AM
I've seen other pictures of yours in different threads too, and I think your hair is pretty. It seems like it's not that uncommon for people around here to have to maintain at a certain length just to thicken up the hemline, after reaching a certain longer length goal. So to me it looks like you're on track :) .

IMO a thinner hemline on super long hair still looks beautiful anyway (as long as it's healthy).