PDA

View Full Version : Very tangled hair

- Lizzy -
June 20th, 2017, 01:48 PM
So over the weekend I went on vacation to a relatives house and I didn't bring a hairbrush :doh:.... Yeah ik. Well anyway at that relatives house there was a really cheap brush (The rubber part holding the plastic bristles would pop out and get stuck in my hair when I tried to brush) and some combs. My hair is very very tangled, even though I got all the tangles out yesterday when I washed my hair. I am not sure how I should go about this. Its already pretty frizzy and I am sure it will be more frizzy when I am done. How do I keep from ripping our my hair and deal with the frizzy after-math?

Corvana
June 20th, 2017, 03:36 PM
Use a wide toothed comb, and go slowly? Don't rush through tangles regardless of what you use as that can also damage the hair that doesn't get ripped out. But using a comb shouldn't cause as much of a frizz problem as a brush does (but what do I know, my hair is only ever frizzy when it's humid :laugh: ). If there's a wide-toothed comb, though, use it in the shower when you condition! The conditioner will cause your hair to slip out of knots more easily, so you won't have to tug as hard. And of course the comb is going to be more gentle than a brush.

As for frizz, I honestly don't know! Unless there's some oil of some kind for you to try to put on your hair (just a tiny bit, really), then I've got no advice! Hopefully someone else does, though!

Aredhel
June 20th, 2017, 03:44 PM
If they have combs, then use a wide-tooth one - as Corvana suggested - and carefully/gently pick out the tangles. When you're done detangling your hair with the comb, are you able to bun or braid your hair to prevent it from tangling again?

amiaow
June 20th, 2017, 04:01 PM
Oil it and then comb, should make life easier :)

HaMalka
June 20th, 2017, 06:00 PM
You might want to ask someone to help you with the detangling. I find that slowly finger combing and working the knots out in sections from the bottom up is the easiest way for me to detangle.

ghanima
June 20th, 2017, 07:07 PM
I didn't understand, are you still by your relatives?
Anyway I would finger comb it.
As for the frizz, if you're still by your relatives and don't have products, I would damp braid overnight and in the morning the hair should be fine. As far as products go, for me gels or styling creams and leave-ins all work well against frizz.

Rebeccalaurenxx
June 20th, 2017, 07:10 PM
I use to put a cone free conditioner in my hair and then use a comb or my fingers to detangle when I had real bad knots from using hair extensions.

Dendra
June 21st, 2017, 03:53 AM
Coconut oil and finger combing is how I combat tangles. I put a little oil on my hair and a little on my hands and work through the knots, adding more oil to each one before I start.

lapushka
June 21st, 2017, 07:32 AM
Are you still there? How long are you there for. If it's a considerable time, go get yourself a cheap showercomb. It's a few dollars, at least you won't have all this hassle, and there are stores everywhere.