PDA

View Full Version : Hair shedding help.

KlutzyChy1
June 20th, 2017, 10:49 AM
Hi. I've been using a medicated shampoo for a little over 3 weeks now to try and clear up a flare up of SD. Soon after I started using it, my shed went down a little bit and has been more consistent (45-65) but today it jumped up to around 100 and I'm freaking out and not sure what to think or why that would happen. Can anyone help calm me down or give me any advice as to why it would go back . I'm sorry. I wish I didn't worry as much as I do. I've been doing so good for the past few weeks but today's really got me scared

MoonRabbit
June 20th, 2017, 12:56 PM
Daily shed can average around 100-150 hairs a day. Of course it can vary with each individual, less or even more than the average. My advice is to measure the circumference of your ponytail every few months. If it doesn't change then, that is just your normal shed rate.

Some people shed more during a certain season. I shed more in spring/summer so my shed count is currently higher right now.

Ophidian
June 20th, 2017, 02:53 PM
Mine fluctuates too. For me, I find that counting shed hairs as a regular thing just makes me stress out so I don't. 100 seems well within the range of normal though!