PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone made a extremely effective hair growth oil?

MajesticEmily
June 18th, 2017, 09:59 PM
I have multiple ingredients around my kitchen to use, but I would like to put them in good use without wasting them on a DIY oil that doesn't work good.
Anyone here made a extremely effective hair growth oil?

Robi-Bird
June 18th, 2017, 11:54 PM
I'm afraid there is no miracle elixir for hair growth. Your diet, your health, and your genetics decide how fast your hair grows, nothing in your kitchen or even in a science lab can change that. Keep your hair healthy to minimize split ends and broken hair, and you'll see growth but only as fast as your genes dictates.

Dendra
June 19th, 2017, 02:02 AM
I'm afraid there is no miracle elixir for hair growth. Your diet, your health, and your genetics decide how fast your hair grows, nothing in your kitchen or even in a science lab can change that. Keep your hair healthy to minimize split ends and broken hair, and you'll see growth but only as fast as your genes dictates.

That's good, realistic advice. Just nurture the hair you have and let nature take it's course.

MidnightMoon
June 19th, 2017, 03:05 AM
Exactly... and remember hair grows from inside your body. What you put on it (oils, masks), and the way you treat it (wear it up, brush carefully, use gente products to clean it) will help preserve what you already got, but it's not going to speed up the process or make the hair that comes out of your head of different quality.

lapushka
June 19th, 2017, 03:40 AM
All excellent advice.

If you do want to make an oil (not for hair growth because that is just not possible), but just because you want an *oil*, then see what you have...

What do you have?

reilly0167
June 19th, 2017, 07:52 AM
Curly proverbz on you tube has a nice hair oil recipe, she calls it a growth oil, but it more to nourish and retain length.

Anje
June 19th, 2017, 10:54 AM
I've heard of oil blends with things like cayenne in them, to increase blood flow to the scalp. They *might* have an effect, but I'm not sure. Otherwise, I think the effectiveness of most oil blends is primarily due to scalp massage, and the oil adds some slip and maybe helps lubricate the hair and preserve the ends so you retain the growth you get.

Usually, the best plan is to take care of the tips of your hair, and just work to keep your scalp happy and body healthy. Hair grows just fine on its own -- the real trick is to protect the length. Harsh brushing, heat, chemicals, friction, and tangles all eat away your nice thick ends.